1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    3. Gangs

1. Announcements

2. Support

3. Suggestions

What exactly was so bad about the soundtrack?

woggleman

woggleman

I hear a lot of criticism of the soundtrack and I don't get it. You have the rock station which has a good balance between softer and harder plus the hardcore station. You also have the funk and jazz stations which fit the city perfectly plus the electro station and I also like Journey. I wish there was more hardcore 90s NY hip hop but those stations still have good songs. What exactly was so bad about it? It fit the setting perfectly,

Drunken Cowboy

I liked Vice City and VCS better only because of my specific tastes. I loved pretty much everything played on V Rock there, which I can't say for everything on LRR or LCHC (still good stations though.)

Nevertheless, GTA IV provided some of the best variety, including stuff people ACTUALLY want to listen to. Rock, punk, heavy metal, death metal, classic hip-hop, new age rap, rasta, techno, Hispanic, disco, pop, alternative, f*cking ambient sounds! f*cking jazz! And f*cking talk radio! The only thing that disappointed me was the lack of country, which wasn't really fitting to the LC atmosphere anyway.

What do you have in V? Rap, rap, rap, sh*tty rap, pop/alternative/scene rock and punk, rasta, that horribly obnoxious Spanish station, one two sh*tty talk radio stations (except Dr. Ray, he's my man).

• Like 2
Drunken Cowboy

^East Los FM has good songs, like La Granja and El Sondito.

How come that DJ's always yelling at me every time I turn it on?

• Like 1

Mobb Deep would have fit perfectly in the game.

They were included they put Dirty New Yorker on The Beat It wasn't that good but they were included what they should have done was put one of their songs from The Infamous album. I also think that they could have added some Jay Z on the Beat and added The Norotious B.I.G or at least some Wu Tang clan on The Classics. IV was really missing that classic NYC hiphop

Edited by Zello

There was nothing bad about it, it had variety and most if not all of the songs in the game were actually memorable and likable.. at least for me.

HOW'S ANNIE?

The moment people realised the game wasn't San Andreas they decided they had to criticise every aspect of the game.

I swear if KDST had the playlist of LRR, and LRR had KDST's playlist instead of as is everyone would be complaining that America's Horse With No Name is nothing compared to Evil Woman by ELO.

• KEKW 1

I loved, now i love the V soundtrack. I always learn to appreciate the soundtrack of each gta

Because you don't like the soundtrack doesn't mean that is bad, people always forget that...

IV's soundtrack is great, It's just that there are quality inconsistencies here and there.

Lil Wayne on The Beat? Why isn't there Notorious BIG? SA had Tupac.

Funk has some good songs with a Driver vibe, then it ruins it with some repetitive zombie song and other bullsh*t.

Radio Broker has one or two awful songs with moaning in them.

Liberty Rock Radio has some songs too soft. (Goodbye Horses)

Vladivostok - Wild Dances by that bitch is sh*t!

Pretty much minor annoyances but they make me switch the station.

Onto the positives:

LCHC, having true Hardcore Punk was a terrific substitute for Metal. In general some of the songs were Crossover Thrash, basically a mix between Hardcore Punk and Thrash Metal, introducing me to quality punk such as Cro-Mags, Leeway, Underdog, etc.

Jazz, Journey and Fusion provided great alternatives to the usual genres we're used to listening to.

You can't go wrong with Thin Lizzy!

Electro Choc was a great station for racing. A good electronic music station that competes with SF-UR (better than SF-UR, but which turned into utter sh*t in TBOGT)

Edited by B Dawg

It's not as good as SA's soundtrack, but I loved the K109 The Studio, Radio Broker and Vladivostok FM.

Edited by pajkosinjoSRB
Algonquin Assassin

It took me a while to warm up to the soundtrack, but now I love it. Fusion and The Vibe are my favourites with LRR closely behind.

• Like 2
The Mysterious One

Mobb Deep would have fit perfectly in the game.

There was a Mobb Deep song on the soundtrack, though. It was called "Dirty New Yorker."

What do you have in V? Rap, rap, rap, sh*tty rap,

You sound like one of those people who complained about SA's soundtrack consisting of ONLY rap like a lot of people did in the past when in reality, there were only TWO rap stations in V, as well as two rap stations in SA.

Edited by The Mysterious One

I think this should have been playing durring the Deal ending

Niko with everything taken from him making one last push would have been epic.

Edited by Zello
HaythamKenway

The moment people realised the game wasn't San Andreas they decided they had to criticise every aspect of the game.

I swear if KDST had the playlist of LRR, and LRR had KDST's playlist instead of as is everyone would be complaining that America's Horse With No Name is nothing compared to Evil Woman by ELO.

Man, LRR was so good.

1979, Cry, Heaven or Hell, Evil Woman, One Vision, Edge of Seventeen, New York Groove, Remedy, Mama, Fascination, Turn You Inside Out. And then TLaD came around and they made it even better; Run to the Hills, China Grove, Highway Star, Every Picture Tells a Story, Jane, Touch Too Much and so on and so on.

The hate towards IV's sountrack was always one of most mind-boggling things for me about IV's hatedom. IV's music is so varied and the quality is so consistent that IV is actually the only GTA game where I regularly listen to more than two or three stations over and over again.

• Like 2
woggleman

People hate on the soundtrack because at the time people hated anything to do with IV. It wasn't SA 2.0 so people didn't even try to appreciate it on it's own terms. This is why it's sort of disappointing to see some IV fans doing the exact same thing with V.

IV's music is so varied and the quality is so consistent that IV is actually the only GTA game where I regularly listen to more than two or three stations over and over again.

Varied, yes. Quality consistent? For the most part.

Algonquin Assassin

People hate on the soundtrack because at the time people hated anything to do with IV. It wasn't SA 2.0 so people didn't even try to appreciate it on it's own terms. This is why it's sort of disappointing to see some IV fans doing the exact same thing with V.

IMO it's more to do with the nostalgic attachment some people have with the soundtracks in VC and SA. Funnily enough of all the criticisms I have of GTA V the soundtrack isn't one of them.

PhillBellic

IMO it's more to do with the nostalgic attachment some people have with the soundtracks in VC and SA. Funnily enough of all the criticisms I have of GTA V the soundtrack isn't one of them.

The sound tracks from GTA's VC and SA invoke the Trope of "Nothing But Hits". What was your favourite rap station? Mine was West Coast Classics.

Cheers.

HaythamKenway

Truth be told, V's soundtrack is still better overall than, at very least SA's (it's really hard to top VC). SA, for me, has just K-DST and Radio X. V is all over the place, quality-wise (how can you go from I Wouldn't Want to be Like You to Too Late for Goodbyes on the same station?), but the songs that are actually good are among the best in the whole series. And Radio Mirror Park is right up there with LRR for me.

Hearing Dan Croll's From Nowhere playing in a shoe ad that runs in my country is all kinds of weird.

Edited by SFPD officer