2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

2. Support

3. Suggestions

GTAForums does NOT endorse or allow any kind of GTA Online modding, mod menus, tools or account selling/hacking. Do NOT post them here or advertise them, as per the forum rules.
*DO NOT* SHARE MEDIA OR LINKS TO LEAKED COPYRIGHTED MATERIAL. Discussion is allowed.

Impossible to escape police

don ovdi' island

don ovdi' island

Anybody else having the glitch where it is literally impossible to escape the cops? Only happens on missions. Don't matter where you go, or where you hide.. the map stays flashing red and blue and cop cars and choppers keep spawning. It's literally impossible to shake them. Kinda f*ckin annoying. Am i the only one?

• Like 6

IIRC you can't lose cops if you have someone with a wanted level in a car with you.

Basically you lose your wanted level, but he still has his, so you get his wanted level, then he loses his, but then he gains your wanted level. etc. etc.

So you need to lose the police independently of each other.

don ovdi' island

IIRC you can't lose cops if you have someone with a wanted level in a car with you.

Basically you lose your wanted level, but he still has his, so you get his wanted level, then he loses his, but then he gains your wanted level. etc. etc.

Nope, I'm talking like I'm the last man standing in the match, and this is happening. I can be in the train tunnel, or in the sewer, and no cops see me enter, yet still i can't shake them. I know sometimes it takes a while to lose them, but I'm saying it won't even go into cool down mode. Its incredibly frustrating when doing missions that take a long ass time.

Edited by dreaded_verse
  • Like 4

Yeh this. Sometimes if you/he just get out of the car and then get back in it also works.

I've had it in free roam. I was in the subway and there were helicopters and cop cars in the street above me and my mini-map just carried on flashing blue and red. I just sat there for about 10 minutes listening to them shouting in the street above, but none were in the subway with me.

Just a glitch, surprise, surprise.

Edited by Furry_Monkey

lately what's been happening for me is there's no cool down period. The map stays flashing red even out in the mountains with no cops around, then all of the sudden I lose my wanted level.

• Like 4

Nope, I'm talking like I'm the last man standing in the match, and this is happening. I can be in the train tunnel, or in the sewer, and no cops see me enter, yet still i can't shake them. I know sometimes it takes a while to lose them, but I'm saying it won't even go into cool down mode. Its incredibly frustrating when doing missions that take a long ass time.

One of the missions is broke. Crime Scenester I think it is.

Everyone says this, but I've played Crime Scenester at least 6 times since I first started hearing about this and have never seen the glitch.

Edited by Alec Skorpio

I can't even say if it's a glitch, have you ever tried to escape a 5 stars level in a helicopter? Invisible helicopters appears from nowhere, which is worse.

eutxizW.gifeutxizW.gif

It's happened to me on a few missions as well. Even made me use my boat and went far far into the ocean. Still didn't lose them lol

You wouldn't have to deal with cops if you didn't get them on you in the first place

I thought it was spectator mode related glitch.

I haven't had it for a while, but the first time we were all dead except one guy and he couldn't lose the cops even in a train tunnel - we had to quit out.

Next time around we had two guys alive, and me and another were spectating. The guy with the package had the same problem - could not lose the cops no matter what he did - we quickly spectated the other player for a while - jumped back and his cops were gone.

don ovdi' island

Everyone says this, but I've played Crime Scenester at least 6 times since I first started hearing about this and have never seen the glitch.

It happens to me in missions other than Crime Scenester.. happens a lot in missions where you have to retrieve cars.

I can't even say if it's a glitch, have you ever tried to escape a 5 stars level in a helicopter? Invisible helicopters appears from nowhere, which is worse.

Yeah, I have.. its about the same type thing but you can't even get out of their "sight"

You wouldn't have to deal with cops if you didn't get them on you in the first place

Not sure what the hell you're talking about, (probably some anti-greifing propaganda) but especially since in some missions the police are scripted to chase you, it's impossible to "not get them on you in the first place"

• Like 1

Its a glitch in the game. American Exports is usually like that, unless you pass the cargo bob off to someone who dosent have the cops on them.

I've had this happen quite a few times. If it's not a Lester mission then you can call him to get rid of your wanted level but if it is then you can't complete it.

V HoneyBadger V

I have encountered this and its a huge pain in the ass. The first time I experienced it, there was a guy who was AFC, and I let the cops kill me because it was pointless sitting there. He never bothered coming back so I left.
I have had it happen a few times after.
The missions I have had it happen on are Death from Above, Judging the Jury and Extradition.

Did Crime Scenester yesterday and had this problem, or the guy with the coke had this problem. He could not loose the cops. He went around like nuts for a well 15 minuts and try to hide but it did not help. Then suddenly, maybe after 20 minuts or so he suddenly lost the cops without even hiding, they just stopped chasing him and everything was ok. Mission done.

More in free mode the last couple of days I have noticed a LOT of times when I manage to shake them off/go into my garage or LSC then emerge with no wanted level about ten seconds later I suddenly get my wanted level back again, even tried using Lester option but still get the wanted level back.

don ovdi' island

Can anyone confirm that spectators in the game is what causes this glitch ?

I have encountered this and its a huge pain in the ass. The first time I experienced it, there was a guy who was AFC, and I let the cops kill me because it was pointless sitting there. He never bothered coming back so I left.
I have had it happen a few times after.
The missions I have had it happen on are Death from Above, Judging the Jury and Extradition.

Exactly !! The thing that sucks about it is that it usually happens on missions that are difficult and/or take long AF to complete, and by the time you realize the mission is gitched, you already wasted a ton of time and ammo + effort on a mission for nothing.

Don't get me wrong- i think the mission payout balance breathed whole new life into the game. Now i actually ENJOY doing missions.. seriously ! the voting screen is a hell of a lot more effective and people for the most part work together as a team to complete an objective.. great ! - now i wish R* could have done this without snapmatic popping up every time i pull out the phone; the refresh button not working sometimes; impossible to lose cops, steroided enemies, and various other bugs that started occurring (for me) after the latest update. Smh man.

Dan_Houser_Official

i heard rumor that if you are on your phone (the one in the game not in real life) whilst trying to hide from a wanted level they can track the ifruit phone or something.

I thought it was spectator mode related glitch.

I haven't had it for a while, but the first time we were all dead except one guy and he couldn't lose the cops even in a train tunnel - we had to quit out.

Next time around we had two guys alive, and me and another were spectating. The guy with the package had the same problem - could not lose the cops no matter what he did - we quickly spectated the other player for a while - jumped back and his cops were gone.

This guy is right. That's exactly what it is.

Whilst I'm not gonna say someone spectating won't cause this, there was no-one spectating me when it happened. I was just in regular free roam, maybe invite-only, and no-one was watching.

Whilst I'm not gonna say someone spectating won't cause this, there was no-one spectating me when it happened. I was just in regular free roam, maybe invite-only, and no-one was watching.

I was watching through your window.

Have not had this happen to me to my recollection OP, although I frequently get the Cops disappear without the stars ever flashing (and sometimes this happens very quickly, quicker than you could lose them otherwise).

• Like 3