4. Debates & Discussion
    1. News

2. Forum Support

3. Site Suggestions

Sign in to follow this  
Mordecki

[C++] Get Target

Mordecki

Hey, does anyone know the native function to get pedestrian which is being targeted by player ? Thanks.

Mordecki

Loop through all the peds and check if the player is aiming at a ped by using the IS_PLAYER_FREE_AIMING_AT_CHAR native.

I would have to get all pedestrians around player and that doesn't include dead or fleeing one.

My point is to get all pedestrians which are alive or dead or fleeing ... simply all pedestrians around player.

As far as I know that's impossible, or have you got any idea how could I get dead/fleeing/... characters ?

Jitnaught

It's not impossible because that's what SHDN does: loop through all the peds then check if the player is aiming at any of them ped.

Here's what SHDN does

// GTA.Player[HandleProcessCorruptedStateExceptions]public unsafe Ped GetTargetedPed(){	int num = (int)stackalloc byte[<Module>.__CxxQueryExceptionSize() / 1];	Model model = new Model(0);	int[] validPedHandles = World.GetValidPedHandles(model);	int num2 = <Module>.Scripting.?A0x41b70ddb.ConvertIntToPlayerIndex((uint)this.pID);	for (int i = 0; i < validPedHandles.Length; i++)	{		try		{			if (<Module>.Scripting.?A0x41b70ddb.IsPlayerFreeAimingAtChar(num2, validPedHandles[i]) != null)			{				return ContentCache.GetPed(validPedHandles[i]);			}			goto IL_91;		}		uint exceptionCode = (uint)Marshal.GetExceptionCode();		endfilter(<Module>.__CxxExceptionFilter(Marshal.GetExceptionPointers(), null, 0, null));		IL_91:;	}	return null;}
Edited by LetsPlayOrDy

Mordecki

It's not impossible because that's what SHDN does: loop through all the peds check if the player is aiming at the ped.

Here's what SHDN does

// GTA.Player[HandleProcessCorruptedStateExceptions]public unsafe Ped GetTargetedPed(){	int num = (int)stackalloc byte[<Module>.__CxxQueryExceptionSize() / 1];	Model model = new Model(0);	int[] validPedHandles = World.GetValidPedHandles(model);	int num2 = <Module>.Scripting.?A0x41b70ddb.ConvertIntToPlayerIndex((uint)this.pID);	for (int i = 0; i < validPedHandles.Length; i++)	{		try		{			if (<Module>.Scripting.?A0x41b70ddb.IsPlayerFreeAimingAtChar(num2, validPedHandles[i]) != null)			{				return ContentCache.GetPed(validPedHandles[i]);			}			goto IL_91;		}		uint exceptionCode = (uint)Marshal.GetExceptionCode();		endfilter(<Module>.__CxxExceptionFilter(Marshal.GetExceptionPointers(), null, 0, null));		IL_91:;	}	return null;}

Kinda difficult to understand, doesn't work with C++ getting errors.

The structure of this code is not the same as mine :blink:

Wiebrendh

It's not impossible because that's what SHDN does: loop through all the peds check if the player is aiming at the ped.

Here's what SHDN does

Why use natives? There is something like: Player.Character.GetTargetedPed();

Not sure what it is, but i believe that^

Edited by Wiebrendh

stef538

Because C++ isn't C# or VB.

leftas

Here's what SHDN does

Why use natives? There is something like: Player.Character.GetTargetedPed();

Not sure what it is, but i believe that^

It's on C# and it's from "ScriptHookDotNet".

And this native which LetsPlayOrDie wrote, is being used in ScriptHookDotNet in GetTargetedPed();

Because C++ isn't C# or VB.

True, but it's very similar(just C# has and java things, but anything else which not java, is C++). And It's not hard to convert from c++ to c# when code is not complied.

As Shdn has open source, you just can take a look into it.

[system::Runtime::ExceptionServices::HandleProcessCorruptedStateExceptions]	Ped^ Player::GetTargetedPed() {		array<int>^ list = World::GetValidPedHandles(GTA::Model::Null); //unmanaged::MemoryAccess::GetPedHandleList();		int idx = Index;		for (int i = 0; i < list->Length; i++) {			try {				if (Scripting::IsPlayerFreeAimingAtChar(idx, list[i])) return ContentCache::GetPed(list[i]);			} catch (...) {}		}		return nullptr;	}

And it's CLR(Common Language Runtime)(C#/c++(together) managed)

Here's what SHDN does

You know c++ well or not ? It seems that you are newbie. I don't suggest you copy+paste code, it gives bad experience when you don't know what code does.

no_idea_what_im_doing.jpg

Best wishes,

Paul.

Edited by leftas

Silent

I'm not sure if Mordecki is a newbie ;)

leftas

Oh, Sorry, I am just saying, because it's not hard to see it's c++ code or c#,

P.S. sorry if I was rude.

Best regards,

Paul.

Wiebrendh

Oh, did not know that was not possible :) Sorry

Mordecki

You know c++ well or not ? It seems that you are newbie. I don't suggest you copy+paste code, it gives bad experience when you don't know what code does.

no_idea_what_im_doing.jpg

Best wishes,

Paul.

Yeah, I know pretty well what I'm doing.

That's why I put [C++] on front of this topic.

I didn't copy and paste the code, I have been trying to convert those functions.

The reason I wrote "The structure of this code is not the same as mine"

is because not all functions are working the same way with C++

leftas

I am sorry, I just thought that u another guy from that Indian team. I posted code you wanted in c++/clr. It's hard to convert as Ilspy shows shdn functions not Scripthook.

Best regards,

Paul.

Silent

He from the 'selfish Eastern European f*cks' Polish team ;)

maro_hannover

EDIT: I DID NOT UNDERSTAND CORRECTLY. THIS POST OF MINE IS POINTLESS

Silent You're The Biggest Racist in World History.

if i don't understand please excuse me,if i understand correctly then -- this is shdn but it uses natives. so i think it may help

because in c#

Native.Function.Call("EXAMPLE_NATIVE",param)

and C++

NATIVE_EXAMPLE_NATIVE(param)

here is the link

http://gtaxscripting.blogspot.com/2013/03/tut-iv-detecting-targets-peds-vehicles.html

Edited by maro_hannover