2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

2. Support

3. Suggestions

GTAForums does NOT endorse or allow any kind of GTA Online modding, mod menus, tools or account selling/hacking. Do NOT post them here or advertise them, as per the forum rules.
*DO NOT* SHARE MEDIA OR LINKS TO LEAKED COPYRIGHTED MATERIAL. Discussion is allowed.

Stuck in a gang attack

Crunch McThornbody

Crunch McThornbody

This game has been acting up somewhat today, I discovered a rotating radar in my garage that messes with the cars at the back, and if I try and rearrange my cars I can get pushed into the mechanic's area by the radar, I have to kill myself to get out.

But that's not the weird thing, right now I'm stuck in a gang attack despite killing all the gang members, other players can't shoot me or blow up the vehicle I'm in, and when I die I get transported back to the gang attack area.

So I had a bit of fun with a player in a jet, I got in a titan and flew around for a while, they must've been wondering what the hell was going on because no matter how many rockets they landed on me I didn't explode. They did however accidentally crash into me, and died, the titan was fine :D

But the up button on my digital pad doesn't do anything so I can't call my mechanic for a car or pegasus for a vehicle, I'm stuck with whatever I can find/steal.

• Like 2

I had that rotating thing in my garage aswell today. Modders I assume.

The phone and minimap sometimes stop working for me also. This game has so many bugs and hickups. Its also very laggy, especially after the patches that made the complete freezes stop for me. I really hope the new generation version to be working much smoother.

Havent experienced the gangattack bug but lately my Buzzard rockets have often starting going straight into ground with no impact or explosion.

Edited by blackindia

had the rotating thing also. from that moment things seemed iffy. rebooted console and then game loaded in and played just fine. Try rebooting xbox ps3

Crunch McThornbody

It's really funny driving up to other players and watching them go into automatic "KILL THEM! KILL THEM NOW!!!" mode and not being able to make a scratch on my stolen car even when they fire an RPG :D

• Like 1

The rotating radar thing is everywhere but never heard of the gang attack one.

The d-pad becoming inoperable has happened a few times along with the back button not working (always at really inconvenient moments). Dying seems to sort it.

My favorite is character freezing during a death match, not frequent but has happened 2 or 3 times in the past month. Dont get nearly as many freezes as past updates, but a lot of weird little bugs, unknown network errors, timed out joining session, and very laggy at times.

modders cause strange things to happen, certain buttons work and some dont, restarting the console usually fixes it, try clearing the game cache if it doesnt.

CarnageRacing00

This game has been acting up somewhat today, I discovered a rotating radar in my garage that messes with the cars at the back, and if I try and rearrange my cars I can get pushed into the mechanic's area by the radar, I have to kill myself to get out.

But that's not the weird thing, right now I'm stuck in a gang attack despite killing all the gang members, other players can't shoot me or blow up the vehicle I'm in, and when I die I get transported back to the gang attack area.

So I had a bit of fun with a player in a jet, I got in a titan and flew around for a while, they must've been wondering what the hell was going on because no matter how many rockets they landed on me I didn't explode. They did however accidentally crash into me, and died, the titan was fine :D

But the up button on my digital pad doesn't do anything so I can't call my mechanic for a car or pegasus for a vehicle, I'm stuck with whatever I can find/steal.

So you're essentially experiencing what Passive Mode SHOULD be. Nice.

• Like 3

It's really funny driving up to other players and watching them go into automatic "KILL THEM! KILL THEM NOW!!!" mode and not being able to make a scratch on my stolen car even when they fire an RPG :D

until you get reported for god mode

until you get reported for god mode

reporting people has no effect other than confirming whether or not they are a cheater and its just not some random unintentional game error. if you click that button and your console doesnt freeze solid causing you to have to hold the power button to shut it off then they probably werent a cheater, lol

Edited by sultangris

Crunch McThornbody

It happened again :D

I discovered I couldn't bring up the phone by pressing up on the directional pad, so I went and did a gang attack but again it didn't end once I'd killed the last enemy. I wish I'd done a gang attack in the city though, whenever I died I respawned next to Fort Zancudo, so had to run ages to the road to get a car to break in and steal a jet.

So I spent far too long messing with other players, got a few kick notices and one player said they reported me for cheating, I told them it was an unintentional bug where the game thought I was still in a gang attack and I couldn't shoot or blow anyone up, fired a grenade at his car he was in to prove it and got a sorry response.

The only time I killed someone was when they crashed into me in the air and we both blew up, but did get run over a few times, a couple of times by tanks, that was rather funny watching the tanks try to shoot the sh*t out of me and not doing a dent to my stolen vehicle, even when I was in a jet and the tank was landing hits on me as I did slow fly-bys.

MichiganMuscle77 was dead right, it's how passive mode SHOULD be. You can still have wanted levels, use guns on NPCs & vehicles and be killed by police/gangs/army but not kill/be killed by other players, unless they run over you, but that shouldn't be a thing in passive mode, or they crash/crush the vehicle you're in (two planes colliding, or squashed by a tank)

Edited by Crunch McThornbody

Crunch McThornbody

The first time it happened was the gang attack near the main airport, the one tonight was the one next to Fort Zancudo where the road does a loop.

I don't think it matters which gang attack it is, but I did die during both gang attacks, not sure if that's a contributing factor or not.