2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

2. Support

3. Suggestions

*DO NOT* SHARE MEDIA OR LINKS TO LEAKED COPYRIGHTED MATERIAL. Discussion is allowed.

should rockstar make a gta book?

Lemoyne outlaw

Lemoyne outlaw

so i was at the book store the other day and i saw alot of halo books i dont play halo but i was browsing and it made me wonder should we have a gta book? i think it would be awsome as i love to read i realise not as many gamers read but for hardcore fans they could write like a story about niko like gta 4s story maybe more about his past what he was thinking when certain stuff was happening. they could do it like the assasins creed books which are in that format and they read very well i have all of them. what do yall think? i think it would be awsome they could do one for every game.

• Like 3

I love reading books and I many times feel that their is lack of awareness about the very finnest of the games amongst the people due to Media likes books,newspaper,television,news channels not showing enough Ads and news abt. games.

I Stay in India and the only Topic abt. the game i read in news paper was on 9.17.2013 when Gta V was released in Times Of India newspaper.But other than that in India their are very less people who really like to play Video Games Like I and Some other Indians Do (We are Enough Passionate abt Them).

But neglecting India I really beleive that Books related to gaming should be atleast found in Counteries Like USA,Russia,Aus, and many other Developed counteries where their are a Lot of Kids and Youngsters Playing games.

im not into books, they bore me, only good for starting wood fires, id like to see a gta5 film though and use all the voice actors

• Like 1

I think a book based from IV would be nice, they could call it 'The American Dream' or 'Bowling' or something.

• Like 1

Fans are already doing it. Go to Fanfiction.net to read stories of different GTA chars. Also, check my sig!

Cheers.

I like books and a GTA book is certainly a good idea. But I highly doubt they would make one.

Fans are already doing it. Go to Fanfiction.net to read stories of different GTA chars. Also, check my sig!

Cheers.

I cucked Alex Jones

im not into books, they bore me, only good for starting wood fires, id like to see a gta5 film though and use all the voice actors

Not a bad idea, but in this age of internet - everything about the GTA universe is almost easily accessible to everyone, besides, what's there to write and publish a book related to GTA?

There isn't interesting enough material to fill a 300 plus page book regarding the GTA games or the titles, in my opinion.

Except the Rockstar games development and pre-production of making the game, going through them in various details, giving much more "never known" stuff to the fans, and also, to show how hard is the process of game development - managing all the fan expectations - which would enlighten us a lot more about every doubt and questions, technically, many players still have, after so many years.

But, the things is, Rockstar is known to be - too secretive and tight-lipped over the years, for them to show any interest or willingness, enough to make the idea of the book(s), turn into a reality.

universetwisters

If you make a GTA book, it's just gonna be a crime novel with GTA branding in it. If anything, I'd rather read a book detailing how GTA was made or a Vice City-themed coloring book.

Speaking of GTA books, anyone here read "jacked?". I heard that was alright.

A children's book with GTA characters? yeah

with illustrations and sh*t, like. uncle niko is late for the party of Kate, so he stole a car and ran over 1...2...3... count with me kids!!! 4 pedestrians in the way to the party.

• Like 3

I've read Jacked. A lot of gush about Rockstar, basically -- glad I got it for free. Worth mentioning that it was written by some other bloke, not Rockstar themselves.

Yes, I think Rockstar should make books and I would love it if these were included in special/collectors editions rather than hats and lockboxes and other pish. The amount of background content GTAIV had, they could've thrown together a beautiful companion read.

• Like 3

Lemoyne outlaw

thanks for all the responses. and if there were to be a gta book it could have more background info that we did not know. also they would tell us what the charecter was thiking when stuff was happening. and i know about fanfiction i read pretty often and there are some good ones but there all non canon but the books would be all canon. and it would make for a cool gta collecters piece.

Rockstar Games is already writing a book called "Digital + Analogue: The Art and Science of Rockstar Games". By the way, besides being mentioned on a previous Asked & Answered nothing else has been said about this topic.

Talking of "Jacked: The Outlaw Story of Grand Theft Auto", Dan Houser himself said:

"My understanding of it was that it had a rather odd angle on things, but I don't really know how because I didn't read it. Hopefully someone at some point will write a book that's more accurate. We'll see."

zbhEXO6.png

I've read Jacked about 6 months ago, and excepted a tiny complaint (the book is too much focused on the hot coffee scandal),I was extremely pleased by it. It bring very interesting details about the creation and rise of R*, and the manner how the Houser brothers and the company are depicted sound very accurate.

It definitely worth to be read.

Edited by Kalerney

I agree with the GTA Book idea!
And even better, they could write the whole 3D era storyline as a book, beginning with GTA VCS or LCS (whichever game had the oldest year setting), and ending with GTA III, since all the stories in that era are connected.

Edited by LucarioVercetti

CyborgZombieJesus

Well you know what that makes you? A moron.

• Like 3

clockers-book-cover.jpeg

Nuff said

The Harwood Bitcher

That will be a good idea, but unlikely to happen,At least it deserves a comic book in the vein of gta artworks

Page 89:

Please buy a Shark card to continue.

Page 105:

Cannot continue book due to an unknown error. Return to Grand Theft Auto V.

With the Resident Evil series, another author wrote a novel on the games and I really enjoyed them. It would be interesting if another author was to consider making a book based on the GTA series. If they were though, I would hope it is a brand new story taking place within one of the already existing cities. If not, then a book focusing on the development on the games, showing artwork and beta concepts never seen before would definitely be interesting.