2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

2. Support

3. Suggestions

GTAForums does NOT endorse or allow any kind of GTA Online modding, mod menus, tools or account selling/hacking. Do NOT post them here or advertise them, as per the forum rules.
*DO NOT* SHARE MEDIA OR LINKS TO LEAKED COPYRIGHTED MATERIAL. Discussion is allowed.

Jets are worse than tanks.

AndYuKnowTHIS

Don't see why people were bickering so hard over the tank. The jet is much harder target. It definitely needs an icon of its own. I've had to go passive a few times to avoids being spawn killed. What are some ways to beat Jet Pilots?

-Sure you can go to the military base, but you could be in the middle of the city which is a long ride. And there's no telling by the time you get a jet, the Pilot has already switched lobbies.

-I've tried sniping the jets and its a decent tactic, only if you have the skill. Not to mention they'll run when I get a few hits in. I've found city garages to be ideal because they allow you go up high and the retreat back inside when the pilot turns around. I think this may be best. Some guy told me "Don't waste your time kid" but I kept at it and in the end, he had to parachute out

-Using a buzzard may work, but you have to get to it 1st. And when you get to it you gotta extremely evasive and fast

Edited by AndYuKnowTHIS

Umm. Ok?

If you can't hear, see the blip screaming across your mini map , or notice peeps getting killed,

Or try switching sessions. Well,

You're about as bright as your avatar.

Edited by Dumb guy

Umm. Ok?

If you can't hear, see the blip screaming across your mini map , or notice peeps getting killed,

Are you assuming all this? Why are you assuming things when you don't know my situation? For 1, I don't have turtle beaches, so that means everything isn't all clear because of the city noise. 2, there is background music in my house.

Looking at your Avi, I'm assuming you don't lift, youre past 18% body fat, and you couldn't even bench 200lbs

Edited by AndYuKnowTHIS

If you get spawn killed by a jet, you should quit online altogether.

^This. Considering 90% of pilots are people that either don't put their wheels up or use nothing but rockets...you shouldn't be getting killed once.

• Like 3

The "skill" to snipe jets?

The rifles are f*cking Hitscan, no offence OP, but do one.

I've been missing, the white dot has to been exactly on the jet. Depending on the distance, I usually see a spark when I get a hit. Maybe I do get hits and just don't know it.

The lobbies I've been in have had good Jet pilots. I'm in free ai. lobby, so that could be it. More hardcore players. I've had to snipe at Several Jet pilots.

Edited by AndYuKnowTHIS

Umm. Ok?

Are you assuming all this? Why are you assuming things when you don't know my situation? For 1, I don't have turtle beaches, so that means everything isn't all clear because of the city noise. 2, there is background music in my house.

Looking at your Avi, I'm assuming you don't lift, youre past 18% body fat, and you couldn't even bench 200lbs

From your comment I'm assuming you're a dumbass, and playing on a sh*tty CRT.

ZOMGDIDUCWATIDIDTHAR?

Quit being a dick to people for no good reason.

The "skill" to snipe jets?

The rifles are f*cking Hitscan, no offence OP, but do one.

I've been missing, the white dot has to been exactly on the jet. Depending on the distance, I usually see a spark when I get a hit. Maybe I do get hits and just don't know it.

2 shots to the rear rudder will send it spinning. Otherwise just keep snapping at it, every shot is loud to a pilot lol.

Umm. Ok?

I don't have a fancy headset either. But I know my surroundings.

And if you assume things by an avi. Well. I win.

I gave multiple ways you'd know a jet was about.

But my avi. I'll give ya points tho for not going to the Dumb guy crap.

Edited by Dumb guy

People think I'm complaining. I am, but in a way, I'm not. Like I said, I usually run to parking garages and keep sniping till the pilot runs or quit. Satisfying nonetheless. Just trying to figure out more ways to take em out.

^^Will try rudder shot. Easier said that done, I usually hit the body when they start zigzagging all over the place.

Edited by AndYuKnowTHIS

People think I'm complaining. I am, but in a way, I'm not. Like I said, I usually run to parking garages and keep sniping till the pilot runs or quit. Satisfying nonetheless. Just trying to figure out more ways to take em out.

^^Will try rudder shot. Easier said that done, I usually hit the body when they start zigzagging all over the place.

Only attempt with Heavy, mate. Standard sniper you'd be wasting your time.

Engine shots on any aircraft count bigtime also.

Most of my time online is spent finding new areas to stunt on a Bati. Jumps, gaps, rails, etc.
I also enjoy jumping into the fray of a good scrap, too, but I'm with the OP on this topic – jets are the new tank.

Nothing to me is more annoying than a player coming along and killing me while I'm doing this.
And worse, they destroy the bike.

It's not a big deal when they do it once, but it is annoying when it's over and over.
That's when I promptly switch sessions, just cuz I don't wish to be bothered.

Personally, I don't think either tanks or jets should be in this game. They make no sense and serve no purpose.
Except to force players into paying money for respawns, health, and PVs, which of course, leads to cash cards.

Everything in this game leads to cash cards.

0_0.jpg
and yes, those are body parts under the work sign. thanks modders. :p

• Like 2

Ms.AirSuperiority

^This. Considering 90% of pilots are people that either don't put their wheels up or use nothing but rockets...you shouldn't be getting killed once.

Actually, I put my wheels down when strafing and dogfighting.

It puts the plane in landing configuration and let's you fly slower/bank tighter.

I'm not a dick though, I just like the jet (and bounties)

Umm. Ok?

Leave him alone, must be a kid especially if he doesn't know ferris Bueller, i mean c'mon who hasnt seem ferris?

Actually, I put my wheels down when strafing and dogfighting.

It puts the plane in landing configuration and let's you fly slower/bank tighter.

I'm not a dick though, I just like the jet (and bounties)

lol I meant even from take off

• Like 1

Umm. Ok?

Leave him alone, must be a kid especially if he doesn't know ferris Bueller, i mean c'mon who hasnt seem ferris?

Yeah because everyone likes the same movie actresses and movie themes.

keep crying,while i just sit calmly playing gtao using a jet killing 50+ people before i get kicked or get killed by a unrendered tree.

keep crying,while i just sit calmly playing gtao using a jet killing 50+ people before i get kicked or get killed by a unrendered tree.

Nobody is crying. If you're near the parking garage I'm in then I'll be a nuisance. I just gotta work on my aim. Didn't know you could down jets so easy.

:^: +1 for the parking garage. That's the jet defense that I have used a couple of times recently.

When are we going to get surface-to-air lock-on Stinger missiles?

Edited by saintsrow

Umm. Ok?

Yeah because everyone likes the same movie actresses and movie themes.

Dude......

That's like saying you never saw the Matrix or Pulp Fiction.

Actually I never see pilots using missiles anymore. Every time I see a jet, he uses the explosive rounds.

Actually I never see pilots using missiles anymore. Every time I see a jet, he uses the explosive rounds.

Saw 2 doing it today. It actually gives some relief, because you know they're much more likely to make other mistakes.

AboveAndBeyoncé

They are worse people only use explosive machine guns on it.... That's why I support infamousryan's thread on buffing tanks.... Either buff the tank... Or nerf the jet... Cause jet is OP to the alternative which is the tank since the other methods of taking out a jet takes too long and not quick and effective as the tank..

I hear ya OP. Note that once grounded they tend to use rpg or miniguns if they got them, go passive and run back to the base. Cowards and chumps most of them, buzzards & tanks included.

Make note of coverings, also which is key...gang attacks locations.

Lazer courage...for shnooks

:) i Chang

Ms.AirSuperiority

I personally don't think either the Lazer or Tank should be nerfed. They are big, ridiculous military machines and should be powerful.

They just should just be much harder to get. It's almost stupid easy to steal a Lazer, half the time I don't even run into resistance. And anybody can call up a tank for 200$.

I think that there should be a 25% chance of jets spawning at their set locations, tanks not purchaseable(only on base), and the military buffed to Single Player levels of deadliness.

That way it takes work to get one of the beasties, and not every chump with a decent car can just jump the fence and easily grab one.

You might see a Lazer every hour or so, and probably fewer tanks.

Edited by mrironmoose
  • Like 1

NombreDeLaBeast

I wouldn't mind if the heavy rifle was buffed. As it is now it seems sort of meh compared to when I first got it (back in the yankton days.) It could also be me missing or lag, but if I see 8 damn puffs from impact and the jet does not start smoking (or explode) I get super sad and sit in the corner of a parking garage...or waste another 5 mags trying to get the dern jet.

And an icon would be nifty, in fact change the icons of driving players to the Simeon icon minus the green. (personal vehicle icons could be yellow or something... I dunno.) Jets/planes get an aircraft icon, and helicopters get the Pegasus helo icon. (or have something like the merryweather helo icon under their blip.)

Of course I will always be in support of icon/blipless maps...but if we have to have them make them more functional. (minus the crazy requests from a thread a few days/weeks ago.)

Usually my minigun/heavy sniper combo gets the job done, if they're one of those pilots the flies really low, a well placed rocket can take em down.

Managed to kill a laggy jetbag with my trusty rpg :D

I wouldn't mind if the heavy rifle was buffed. As it is now it seems sort of meh compared to when I first got it (back in the yankton days.) It could also be me missing or lag, but if I see 8 damn puffs from impact and the jet does not start smoking (or explode) I get super sad and sit in the corner of a parking garage...or waste another 5 mags trying to get the dern jet.

And an icon would be nifty, in fact change the icons of driving players to the Simeon icon minus the green. (personal vehicle icons could be yellow or something... I dunno.) Jets/planes get an aircraft icon, and helicopters get the Pegasus helo icon. (or have something like the merryweather helo icon under their blip.)

Of course I will always be in support of icon/blipless maps...but if we have to have them make them more functional. (minus the crazy requests from a thread a few days/weeks ago.)

They already have jet icons, i've seen them many times in missions, especially extradition. They just need to apply it to freeroam.

NombreDeLaBeast

They already have jet icons, i've seen them many times in missions, especially extradition. They just need to apply it to freeroam.

Totally forgot about that, now there is no real reason not to except for...reasons?