2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

2. Support

3. Suggestions

GTAForums does NOT endorse or allow any kind of GTA Online modding, mod menus, tools or account selling/hacking. Do NOT post them here or advertise them, as per the forum rules.
*DO NOT* SHARE MEDIA OR LINKS TO LEAKED COPYRIGHTED MATERIAL. Discussion is allowed.

wtf? dead forever glitch?

Brilliant Ideas

Brilliant Ideas

was playing online, all the blips and players on my minimap suddenly disappeared, then i couldnt open my map, my interaction menu, or even use my cell phone. so i thought "ok fine i'll just kill myself" and then when i did, it just stayed stuck like that. had to restart. any fixes for this? or is it random?

in another interesting news, gta 5 is coming to next gen november 18. be sure to upgrade to ps4 or xbox one so that you can experience this glitch with better graphical fidelity lol.

Never forget. R.I.P.

• Like 3

was playing online, all the blips and players on my minimap suddenly disappeared, then i couldnt open my map, my interaction menu, or even use my cell phone. so i thought "ok fine i'll just kill myself" and then when i did, it just stayed stuck like that. had to restart. any fixes for this? or is it random?

in another interesting news, gta 5 is coming to next gen november 18. be sure to upgrade to ps4 or xbox one so that you can experience this glitch with better graphical fidelity lol.

Haha. That bold new direction in gaming.

I heard R* was doing some maintenance today for an hour, happened to me too.

Edited by Draeswolf

Brilliant Ideas

but shouldnt maintenance PREVENT this stuff from happening? lol. idk, maybe im just insane.

but shouldnt maintenance PREVENT this stuff from happening? lol. idk, maybe im just insane.

That would be bugfixes. I think it's a bug that happens in very rare circumstances and they haven't fixed it yet.

Maintenance is usually data cleaning etc it's like changing the oil in your car vs fixing a flat tyre.

I had that once, I jumped out of a helicopter and didn't deploy my parachute in time. I just landed in a middle of a road and a pile of blood collected on me. Then cars started running me over.

Had it happen to me last night for the second time.

Same symptoms (map blips smaller, kill messages gone, can't access phone)

Same result (camera stuck on your dead character)

Same cure (restart the game)

OfficialTwiggz

Happened to me twice.

Was in an intense cop chase with three other players.

Didn't notice the blips or anything, but the guy driving died.....and stayed there dead. Drove us into a tree. He left and I pushed him out, drove for a few seconds and died.

No option but to quit the game (restart)

Phone wouldn't work, pause menu wouldn't work, camera was stuck on character, dead.

It sucks. Especially if you're in a good lobby.

Do you really want to live forever?

Forever.... and ever! Forever young .. I want to be. . Forever young

Back on topic.. Yes I've had this glitch.. You'll get it from spectating golf.. every friggen time... Make sure you exit spectator mode BEFORE the match ends, or it's the dashboard for YOU!

Edited by soundism

• Like 1

marshallbslayer

I had that once, I jumped out of a helicopter and didn't deploy my parachute in time. I just landed in a middle of a road and a pile of blood collected on me. Then cars started running me over.

Lol

I had this before, no idea how to trigger though.

, skip the video to 7:08 for the bug.

It's happened to me before and I gotta say, I think it's pretty neat. Kinda wish they had lobbies where this is just how it happens (i.e. no blips, maps, kill msgs and permadeath) Maybe when the zombie DLC comes out.... :evilgrin:

Happened to me when doing the walk in the air glitch. Got shot dead and fell to the bottom of the ocean. Didn't respawn just could stare at my dead body... Think I paused the game and found a new session to solve the problem. The shooter didn't get the kill either.

lool happened to me yesterday, i got killed by someone who was in the gta forums crew lol, didnt see anything on the map including him, I just layed there in a pool of blood, wanted to see how long it would last, then reset in case of modders

ThaUglyCupcake

Some times you have to take parts off a car (make it less functional) to fix and/or clean parts to make them all better.

Delta India Echo

This happened to me 3 times, I think hackers do it, but when this does happen you can walk into any entrable building online, i made a vid about it too lol

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RgO34GMv-ME&list=UU6b6ZVvVftXdClq_sujGqiw

So wait, you become a ghost?

Interesting. Nice haircut choice btw. Biker mohawk masterrace.

Edited by Delta India Echo

This happened to me 3 times, I think hackers do it, but when this does happen you can walk into any entrable building online, i made a vid about it too lol

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RgO34GMv-ME&list=UU6b6ZVvVftXdClq_sujGqiw

So wait, you become a ghost?

Interesting. Nice haircut choice btw. Biker mohawk masterrace.

Thats a good way to put it 'ghost' and yeh pretty much, you can walk into everrrything, even the bank vaults, and thanks for the compliment :)