Quantcast
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
    1. Welcome to GTAForums!   (85,839 visits to this link)

2. News

1. GTA Online

1. Find Lobbies & Players
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Vehicles
      4. Content Creator
      5. Help & Support
    2. Crews

1. Events
      2. Recruitment
    1. Grand Theft Auto Series

2. GTA Next

3. GTA V

1. PC
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Help & Support
    4. GTA IV

1. Episodes from Liberty City
      2. Multiplayer
      3. Guides & Strategies
      4. Help & Support
      5. GTA Mods
    5. GTA Chinatown Wars

6. GTA Vice City Stories

7. GTA Liberty City Stories

8. GTA San Andreas

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    9. GTA Vice City

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    10. GTA III

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    11. Top Down Games

1. GTA Advance
      2. GTA 2
      3. GTA
    12. Wiki

1. Merchandising
    1. GTA Modding

1. GTA V
      2. GTA IV
      3. GTA III, VC & SA
      4. Tutorials
    2. Mod Showroom

1. Scripts & Plugins
      2. Maps
      3. Total Conversions
      4. Vehicles
      5. Textures
      6. Characters
      7. Tools
      8. Other
      9. Workshop
    3. Featured Mods

1. DYOM
      2. OpenIV
      3. GTA: Underground
      4. GTA: Liberty City
      5. GTA: State of Liberty
    1. Red Dead Redemption 2

2. Red Dead Redemption

3. Rockstar Games

1. Off-Topic

1. General Chat
      2. Gaming
      3. Technology
      4. Programming
      5. Movies & TV
      6. Music
      7. Sports
      8. Vehicles
    2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Forum Support

2. Site Suggestions

Crazyeighties

What are your phobias & fears?

Rafae

Stupid people

beanzinapot

Mormans and Jehovah witnesses..

PicardsBong

Being burnt alive. Seems like one of the most horrible possible ways to go.

∴

Ha! Like I'm going to share my fears online, opening the floodgates for people to PM me pictures of it. You must thing I fell off the turnip truck.

Synthol

Ha! Like I'm going to share my fears online, opening the floodgates for people to PM me pictures of it. You must thing I fell off the turnip truck.

Trypophobia

∴

Trypophobia

Geisundheit.

E•MO•TION

The day after inventory

/walmartproblems

∴

I find it safer to talk about what used to scare me, as opposed to what currently does. If you've ever heard of the Thatcher effect, you'll know it involves the famous illusion of flipping a photographed face upside down but leaving the mouth and the eyes the right way up. You're then met with what looks like a seemingly normal photograph until you flip it back around and see this grotesque, uncanny valley face staring at you.

I was terrified of this as a kid. It's not exactly comforting territory now but back then I couldn't stand to even think about it, let alone look at it. I once received a book of magic tricks and illusions and one of the pages had this very effect. I couldn't pick it up again until my grandmother tore it out and threw it in the bin.

beanzinapot

The day after inventory

/walmartproblems

Ahh the wonderful adventures of wallyworld. Worked there for almost a year as an overnight stocker and maintenance. Inventory was SOOO MUCH FUN.

Khephera

Dying painfully, losing people I love. Oh yeah, and I'm scared of wasps. f*ck those assholes. FFS, I have to watch my cats all the time when one of those f*ckers are entering our house.

Edited by Khephera

Big_Smiley

Dying painfully, losing people I love. Oh yeah, and I'm scared of wasps. f*ck those assholes. FFS, I have to watch my cats all the time when one of those f*ckers are entering our house.

Yep, i'm with you there. Flying f*cks stung me as a kid quite a few times and it felt painful. Not like dying pain either but damn. Little sh*ts pack a punch.

Also agree about losing loved ones. Lost a few close people back in the day. I was always afriad of losing more of my close friends who grew up with me on the same neighborhood block when i was in my teens.

Edited by GTA_The_Series

The7thOne

Anything to do with the ocean. Shipwrecks, whales, sharks, rogue waves...

Blaze

death

Carbonox

There really needs to be a name for this. Hard to tell if it should qualify as a phobia, but I find myself getting extremely disgusted at images depicting things that basically shouldn't be there (usually photoshopped). Observe:

85585056.jpg

Just an innocious jokey image, may generate a laugh here and there, but I just can't get over it. The lid is open, but there's another one underneath. The goosebumps are intense.

And yes, I know trypophobia is a thing, but for me it extends to more than just holes basically.

Edited by Carbonox

Sanches

Probably getting stabbed would be the most common thing to say. Once i got followed by some masked guy and after that i was walking around with a couple of concealed knives and a toothpick in a pocket. I was easily spooked by any guy on the streets.

But the most annoying fear arrived when i got into romantic realationship. There was a lots of "what if" scenarios passing by inside of my head. Like taking care of that person and being afraid if something would happen to her.

Star-Lord

Hobophobia.

Tokasmoka

Flying

Timcatgt5

I only fear one thing: doing the decline, incline or straight bench press and dropping the bar on my neck due to the heavy weight or if my palms are hurting because of the handles. The only exercise in which I have to stay focused.

It's unlikely to happen because I have a friend of mine to spot for me but I never know.

That and medium or large sized spiders and tarantulas.

ProKiller93

life

Chrome Toyota Prius

Claustrophobia. This image sets it off real badly.

bqxblLo.jpg

Blaze

hemorrhoids

M*A*R*I*N*A

I'm terrified of heights, mascot costumes and large bodies of water. I'm also terrified of not being able to move, came to realise this fear when I was like 7 and my family placed me in a hole then filled it with sand up to my head and I couldn't move at all. I PANICKED and had a complete breakdown in-front of a whole crowd of people at the beach. It didn't help that my family refused to pull me out and then laughed at me, from memory I could tell people outside of my family didn't think it was funny as they could see how much distress my family put me through in a matter of minutes.

Edited by M*A*R*I*N*A

Ohhh123r

God damn Heights, especially Shopping Mall with 2 floors and above, When I saw the rail next to the pit, I feel like i'm going to commit suicide.

Edited by Ohhh123r

MyNameHere

Be old and die alone...

Lucy_Woooolfe
Posted (edited)

Mycophobia.

Yes, that's fear of mushrooms.

No problem in supermarkets and in cuisine context. Pictures are fine, too, so don't bother sending me any ;) They don't bother me in computer games etc. However, it's the sight of actual wild mushrooms that causes the most extraordinary and irrational reactions with me. Get a chill sometimes even before I actually see them and outright would refuse to go further; and when I come upon them by surprise and on a bad day, I can positively freak out.

As a diagnosed Autist, I have a good deal of social anxieties and fears to begin with, but that's the one quite standing out, I guess.

EDIT: @Sanches (re next post); you really got me scared there for a moment, not about upcoming pictures of mushroom zombies in the first place, but about the possibility of me having doomed this thread by provoking some picture-spamming troll or whatever. And this is a good example of my social anxiousness fully kicking in. It's my own problem entirely, and I just want to say I'm glad I've obviously not killed the thread :)

Edited by Lucy_Woooolfe

Sanches

Mycophobia.

Yes, that's fear of mushrooms.

inb4 TLoU mushroom zombies.

BöömBäpper

When I was kid I used to be scared that my drunken dad or someone else kills me or us all while I sleep... It lasted my entire childhood basicly.

I lost that "phobia" when I got dog some years ago. Makes me feel safe when theres dog in the room when I sleep. Better change to survive I guess.

I have not told about this before to anyone. This is first time.

Lucius M. Galloway

I fear the death of my companions. Not people, but my animals whom I've grown attached to, or bonds with. I just got a bird, and he's already my buddy, I take him nearly everywhere I go.

But deep down inside? What does Lucius M

Galloway fear? Suppression. This isn't a homophobic post, but I fear that LGBT will invade everything, and take over everything. If you aren't pro LGBT, you'll be bombarded, punished, censored, and fined. So much for freedom of speech and the pursuit of happiness.

My pursuit of happiness involves a private island, my dog, and an infinite supply of candy. f*ck everybody else.

Kyoto

IV lines.

It goes in, stays in far too long than it needs to be, and I'm too afraid to look because I hate the sight of needles and being hooked to a machine internally.

Lucius M. Galloway
Posted (edited)

I fear there not being an actual afterlife. I never believed in anything another man said. If the big man didn't say it to me personally, it isn't actuality. That's how I go about Heaven and all that.

But sometimes, when I get in that mood, I lie down on the floor, and just think about who I am from the universe's perspective. I think of the world like a book. Each page covers one person's entire life. It doesn't have any words, but just shows their life in segments from birth until death, and each chapter covers a billion people. 7 billion people, 7 chapters. I imagine the big man is sitting there reading it from time to time. He has the beginning written, but the ending, only he knows.

Told that to my friend one time and he looked at me like I was a nut job.

But it's my imagination that I'm afraid of actually losing, if there is no afterlife, what happens to you? What happens to your sense of existence? Your mind? Will you know you're no longer there or do you just fade into nothingness like before you were conceived?

Yeah.

Edited by Lucius M. Galloway