2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

2. Support

3. Suggestions

GTAForums does NOT endorse or allow any kind of GTA Online modding, mod menus, tools or account selling/hacking. Do NOT post them here or advertise them, as per the forum rules.
*DO NOT* SHARE MEDIA OR LINKS TO LEAKED COPYRIGHTED MATERIAL. Discussion is allowed.

The "O Canada" Update (Concept)

Giantsgiants

canadian-flag.gif

What's up GTA Forumers? This is Giantsgiants, and in this thread, I want to talk about a Canada-themed update. I thought this would be a good concept because Canada is just north of the United States. In fact, the United States is the only country that Canada borders. Without further ado, let's see what this Canada-themed update will bring.

New Storable Vehicles

The below vehicles are based on Canadian cars you can't buy in the United States. See this article for more information.

Annis Olympus (Nissan X-Trail) (SUVs)

2011-nissan-xtrail-2wd-1.jpg

Benefactor Panto XL (Mercedes B200) (Compacts)

2007-Mercedes-B200-i011.jpg

Declasse Vision (Chevrolet Optra) (Sedans)

chevrolet-optra.jpg

King George Motors (KGM) 6900X (TVR 3000M) (Sports Classics)

4299574453_bfc6249ce6.jpg

New Pegasus Vehicles

HVY Resurfacer (Zamboni) (Utility)

1793346-green_zamboni_1_.jpg

Rimouski Seal (De Havilland Canada DHC-6 Twin Otter) (Planes)

aircraft-de-havilland-dhc-6-twin-otter-9

New Weapons

Hockey Stick

bezerker%20stick.JPG

Ross Rifle

Ross_rifle.png

New Clothing

Canada Wool Sweaters

Am8FF7I.jpg

Canadian Mountie Outfit

073_tn.jpg

Hockey jerseys of the Los Santos Kings, as well as parodies of Canadian NHL teams

Los Angeles Kings
OP67MDG.jpg

Vancouver Canucks
Vancouver-Canucks-14-Alex-Burrows-Authen

Edmonton Oilers
Edmonton%20Oilers%20jersey.jpg

Winnipeg Jets

2011-12-Winnipeg-Jets-Jersey.jpg

Toronto Maple Leafs

htorccmrvd_f1200.jpg

Montreal Canadiens

montreal%20canadiens%20jersey.jpg

New Activities

Canadian Football

600px-Canadian_football_positions.jpg

Ice Hockey

Canada+-+National+Hockey+League+%2528NHL

New Vehicle Modifications

Los Santos Customs will get several new musical horns, each playing a bit of "O Canada."

Expected release date: October 7 (the Tuesday before the beginning of the NHL regular season) or October 14 (the Tuesday after Canada's Thanksgiving)

This concludes my presentation of the "O Canada" Update. Fill free to discuss this update and share your thoughts below.

Edited by Giantsgiants

ADropInTheOcean

Well, this was better than the Chinese update concept. Once again, I just think the cars are incredibly generic, not even the 6900X really makes me pumped (And you can bet I love sports classics), but the plane, the rifle and the hockey-related content would definitely be worth adding. And might I suggest renaming the Seal plane to "Beagle"? Because it is an airplane that already exists in the 3D universe with a similar appearance to that, and Trevor inclusively mentions it in a mission.

Edited by henriquedematos

HarveysBurger.jpg

Harvey's burgers are f*cking awesome - made out of things Americans can only dream of! EpicMealTime is a Canadian thing, you know, the show where they make burgers bigger than a fat midget. Also, it's an American country (with a British background) and has guns. Ever heard of hunting? But I guess we don't have guns after all since not everyone including teenagers own a gun.

Loving the Canadian hate, especially considering that most of you know about Canada through South Park or memes. :^:

*edit*
A much better post that I made can be seen on page 2. Thanks for restoring this post, Tiger, but isn't necessary as of now.

Edited by livejoker
  • Like 1

Well, that's another trashed topic.

Some of you folks can be expecting warnings....have a nice day.

Closed.

Edited by ~Tiger~
  • Like 2

Ok, I've cleaned up the trash posts and this topic is re-opened.

Please note, if you don't like a topic, don't post in it.

If you post trash, your post will be binned so don't waste your time.

If you repeatedly post trash you'll be out of here.

Thank you.

• Like 4

I wrote "Nice concept, eh", and that got deleted too. Why is that Mr. Tiger sir?

Apologies, I thought you were being sarcastic. Your comment has been replaced.

~T~

Edited by ~Tiger~

Dished out quite a few warnings and temporary bans here. Let this be a lesson- don't piss on threads.

I wrote "Nice concept, eh", and that got deleted too. Why is that Mr. Tiger sir?

Lighthearted humor, no quarrels with that. It's there, few posts up.

• Like 3

– overeducated wonk who fetishises compromise

Gingy Eastwood

This is racist if anything. (I speak from my Canadianess). Tell me, Giantsgiants, do you actually and honestly know the Canadian anthem? While it's sometimes funny to poke fun at us for being polite and hockey and stuff, I don't think you could very well add a whole update regarding it. Especially considering there's no day of any significance in October for Canadians. (And, Halloween Update > Canadian Special.) Maybe next year in July, R* can be a bit more diverse in that patriotic special, I dunno, it ain't that important to me. What's next, a British concept?

Edited by Waylon Jennings

Well done giants, great concept. This is apparently all we are allowed to say or we get deleted.

• Like 3

Well done giants, great concept. This is apparently all we are allowed to say or we get deleted.

Feel free to read this--> http://gtaforums.com/topic/738012-the-o-canada-update-concept/?p=1066197761

if you don't like a topic, don't post in it.

Edited by ~Tiger~

I would like to see some Canadian themed clothing items such as a toque and a shirt with a red maple leaf. Maybe a Canadian flag parachute, but a complete DLC for us simply wont happen IMO.

This is racist if anything. (I speak from my Canadianess). Tell me, Giantsgiants, do you actually and honestly know the Canadian anthem? While it's sometimes funny to poke fun at us for being polite and hockey and stuff, I don't think you could very well add a whole update regarding it. Especially considering there's no day of any significance in October for Canadians. (And, Halloween Update > Canadian Special.) Maybe next year in July, R* can be a bit more diverse in that patriotic special, I dunno, it ain't that important to me. What's next, a British concept?

Do you think the Independence day update was flattering to Americans?

• Like 3

Hey my trans am was made in Canada. They could do a phoenix 2.

For music they could add this weird al song.

Edited by blk95ta

Happy_Killstick

I could take the wool sweater and a hockeystick.

Bad Joke in a spoiler below.

Happy_Hockeystick :catloaf:

• Like 1

Gingy Eastwood

It had it's faults, yes, but it also showed the patriotic side of things, too. I mean, let's also take into account that Los Santos is in the USA, not Canada, so it'd be a bit pointless to have a Canadian Update regardless.

It had it's faults, yes, but it also showed the patriotic side of things, too. I mean, let's also take into account that Los Santos is in the USA, not Canada, so it'd be a bit pointless to have a Canadian Update regardless.

Well Trevor is Canadian. He could give our players new missions involving maple syrup and stuff....

• Like 1

well a Canadian themed DLC sounds like a swell idea, they should have released some Canadian items on Canada Day (July 1st) ... oh wait that's the day that they added a bunch of american bs and zero canadian -_- and made it worse by calling it the "independence update" should have called it the July 4th update and have released it 3 days later ...

• Like 1

While it is a nice idea, I doubt it will every happen. R* is not likely to release country specific updates, exception being the US as that is where Los Santos is supposed to be located. If they did release non US country specific updates, where would it stop? Be happy they even included a Canadian parachute bag.

If the Zamboni was a PV, that would be awesome. (Though, if the Ripley was also a PV, I might have to think about which to use... Especially if you could add some armor to the Ripley's front.)

Hockey Stick seems like a good idea, though what is with people "wanting" older rifles in this game? We have the Musket and there is a way to make it shoot faster...

The sweater seems like a great item, though will it be a series of generic prints (some have trees, some have logs, some have moose...) or just the one with "Canada" on it? Might even be able to make some t-shirts with things like "Maple Syrup This!" & a picture of pancakes/waffles/poutine or "I'm just so horny for you" and a moose's head + horns (back of shirt shows a moose's rear).

If we were going to get a plane, I'd expect something more "Canadian", like something that was used to land on ice/tundra/water, not a relatively standard commercial plane.

As for the activities, I just don't see R* adding anything like that for a while/ever. They would probably come up with some VS missions defending/attacking Maple Syrup deliveries (note: Actually happened in real life...) or visiting Hockey Teams ("Riot Control").

I have little opinion on the cars, mainly because they don't look like anything I would buy and they look rather similar to several we already have... Though considering how people want the Dukes when we have the (to me) relatively identical Buccaneer Sabre Turbo...

Seems like a nice start for this idea, though with some more stuff it could be great.

Edit: Mixed up muscle car names.

Edited by GG14876