2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

2. Support

3. Suggestions

GTAForums does NOT endorse or allow any kind of GTA Online modding, mod menus, tools or account selling/hacking. Do NOT post them here or advertise them, as per the forum rules.
*DO NOT* SHARE MEDIA OR LINKS TO LEAKED COPYRIGHTED MATERIAL. Discussion is allowed.

What's the deal with being griefed on...

D.A.

So,I haven't been playing GTAO for about 2-3 weeks now. I used to play on a daily basis ever since November and I play a lot but when I come here and read how all of you get problems with people in tanks and jets...I really wonder what I'm doing wrong. You see,I would guess that I died from a jet griefer maybe..one time...just 1. Most of the jet pilots I encounter fly for 3 minutes around me then crash into a bulding. Tanks are a different thing,I did get killed a lot but it's mostly because I charge into them because it used to be fun to me but still,tanks are hella slow and I often escaped on foot.

I don't want to make this long so my question would be;

Do you get griefed on daily or is it rare?

• Like 1

Its a game man stop being so uptight and just grief them back harder or leave the session.

• Like 2

Its a game man stop being so uptight and just grief them back harder or leave the session.

You missed my point. I don't get griefed on. I don't care if I get griefed on,this was more of a question of how much YOU get griefed on.

• Like 1

You missed my point. I don't get griefed on. I don't care if I get griefed on,this was more of a question of how much YOU get griefed on.

I don't get griefed because I expect everyone to shoot at me.

• Like 6

I play quite a bit and rarely get griefed. Never been killed by a jet more than 2-3 times in a row. Ive never even seen a tank. The occasional turd will attack me with his car+ stickies, but it is nothing like what i read on here.

Also, ive never (to my knowledge) encountered hackers or god mode/wall breach/ invisible glitchers.

I'm never griefed on. But I'm always the griefer. I've only been taken out a lot by friends, who are as good as me, or a bit better. And that's only when we're messing around.

This thread could use a poll..

• Like 1

I'm asking because of the whole "Don't give us the Hydra because people will griefe on us" topic. Which I find dumb,to cut content because you might happen to get killed by it in online...

Party-Lika-Rockstar*

So,I haven't been playing GTAO for about 2-3 weeks now. I used to play on a daily basis ever since November and I play a lot but when I come here and read how all of you get problems with people in tanks and jets...I really wonder what I'm doing wrong. You see,I would guess that I died from a jet griefer maybe..one time...just 1. Most of the jet pilots I encounter fly for 3 minutes around me then crash into a bulding. Tanks are a different thing,I did get killed a lot but it's mostly because I charge into them because it used to be fun to me but still,tanks are hella slow and I often escaped on foot.

I don't want to make this long so my question would be;

its a jungle out there, always keep your pistol loaded and at the hand, trick players who try to grief you into being griefed by you themselves, you will see how fast they scurry away with a shred less diginity left

You missed my point. I don't get griefed on. I don't care if I get griefed on,this was more of a question of how much YOU get griefed on. More times then i can remember because if your hanging out in free roam long enough its bound to happen.

I'm asking because of the whole "Don't give us the Hydra because people will griefe on us" topic. Which I find dumb,to cut content because you might happen to get killed by it in online...

You should have placed this question in that topic.

Rockstar won't cut content based on whiners on this forum - don't worry about that.

As for this thread, here come all the liars tough guys, telling you how they annihilate everything in their path and if anyone even thinks of killing them they die instantly.

It's pretty common for me to get ran over in missions. I drive less common vehicles so I'm not sure what the trigger is. Mostly ran over by the infamous, Zentorno.

I usually just kill myself and hit the bong while they finish the mission. I refuse to help dingbats.

Edited by dead goon

That surprises me,I mean...even when I'm trying really hard to get griefed people usually just try to like...sticky bomb me from the other side of a bridge. Also,the last time I saw a tank was in June,I think. And I know tanks used to be everywhere.

Edited by D.A.

I get griefd a lot...

It's the way I sound on the mic, people get confused + I talk a LOT of sh*t. (More so just joking and crackin' on people for being too serious) and people can't take it, so they go get tanks and Jets

It doesn't help that my homeboy plays on my name way more than I do and he has a lot more pride than skill. My KD is f*cked 80% because of him.

Let's just say he get's 7 and 0'd by ANYONE before I can get the sticks and take control of the situation..sometimes

Rockstar won't cut content based on whiners on this forum - don't worry about that.

As for this thread, here come all the liars tough guys, telling you how they annihilate everything in their path and if anyone even thinks of killing them they die instantly.

I wouldn't expect them to,I was just surprised to find out how many people complain about jets. I think I saw more Faggio griefers than jet pilots :D

That surprises me,I mean...even when I'm trying really hard to get griefed people usually just try to like...sticky bomb me from the other side of a bridge. Also,the last time I saw a tank was in June,I think. And I know tanks used to be everywhere.

Tanks and lazers are still present in free roam and drive by shootings/stickybombing is one of the most common forms of griefing. Not saying im a saint because i grief from time to time but most of the time if in the city, theres ALWAYS somebody who wants to TRY me and usually gets denied, although i gotten my ass kicked at times too, its all in the nature of the game. I get griefed more when using my chick toon than my guy.

I wouldn't expect them to,I was just surprised to find out how many people complain about jets. I think I saw more Faggio griefers than jet pilots :D

Yeah, reading this forum does give you the worst view of the state of the game possible. It's simply not a realistic indicator of what actually happens. People will insist that certain things *always* happen, like jet griefing, tank griefing, invisible god mode plebs etc., but I see it about 1% of the time, and I've got nearly 1200 hours of play under my belt so I think that justifies me having an opinion somewhat.

I'd say it's rare, but then again I'm not the type to sit there crying while someone kills me repeatedly. If someone starts something I don't want to be involved in then I simply change session. I guess if someone has such a ridiculous amount of pride, or a huge ego then they won't leave a session, regardless of what's happening, then they come here and whine about "the bad people" online.

In short, I think there are more enablers than there are griefers. I think some people would never admit it, but they like the attention, even if it is bad.

I'm never griefed on. But I'm always the griefer. I've only been taken out a lot by friends, who are as good as me, or a bit better. And that's only when we're messing around.

This thread could use a poll..

Well here you go. A Pole it is.

walesa.jpg

I'm passive by default (mostly because I'm turning into a casual player...damn it :( ) because I'm more crap than good when it comes to combat. Since they added paying your bill when they kill you while you're passive, I just let griefers kill me. Even park my car next to them and let them blow it up so they waste money. I save my ammo for jobs and I hardly ever buy stickies (cost too much to waste fake money on).

Edited by JON22

Well griefing to me is someone repetitively killing you when you don't stand a chance.

I think I've only had this once - usually there is time to get away or go do something else.

I've had people annoy me daily, but that's a different bag.

Nobody has got me with a jet yet, and if they hit me once I wouldn't call that griefing, I just died. Griefing would be if the jet auto targetted me so the guy kept killing me over and over. I think some people just need to harden up.

Edited by SpidersWeb

Yeah, reading this forum does give you the worst view of the state of the game possible. It's simply not a realistic indicator of what actually happens. People will insist that certain things *always* happen, like jet griefing, tank griefing, invisible god mode plebs etc., but I see it about 1% of the time, and I've got nearly 1200 hours of play under my belt so I think that justifies me having an opinion somewhat.

I'd say it's rare, but then again I'm not the type to sit there crying while someone kills me repeatedly. If someone starts something I don't want to be involved in then I simply change session. I guess if someone has such a ridiculous amount of pride, or a huge ego then they won't leave a session, regardless of what's happening, then they come here and whine about "the bad people" online.

In short, I think there are more enablers than there are griefers. I think some people would never admit it, but they like the attention, even if it is bad.

I haven't been here that long but that pretty much sums up most of the things I've seen here.

• Like 3

It is (nearly) impossible to be killed more than once by a player, tank, jet, etc if you don't want it to.

You can exit online in a matter of seconds so there is no excuse. The trouble is people's pride won't let them quit and they try to fight only to be killed continually. But then you can't come on here and complain about 'griefers'.

• Like 4

bkldestroya666

gotten properly griefed once. f*ckin once. i was trying to get into zancudo, and like how it often goes, if there is more than 1 person, it turns into a spawn rape fest with the same people getting jets and instantly going passive if they die, and then suddenly summoning the jets again.

but not once was it ever as bad as that time, there was this 1 dude who was decent enough, but was straight up spineless

dude was simply tryhard, he went passive every time he got shot down, and if he was about to die, he just killed himself to preserve his 10.0 k/d. ended up reporting the idiot for griefing after he had killed me for 24 times, every time with the jet guns. every time he had to face me air to air, he went off radar so he could just get around me, instead of actually getting into a dogfight

disgusting

gotten properly griefed once. f*ckin once. i was trying to get into zancudo, and like how it often goes, if there is more than 1 person, it turns into a spawn rape fest with the same people getting jets and instantly going passive if they die, and then suddenly summoning the jets again.

but not once was it ever as bad as that time, there was this 1 dude who was decent enough, but was straight up spineless

dude was simply tryhard, he went passive every time he got shot down, and if he was about to die, he just killed himself to preserve his 10.0 k/d. ended up reporting the idiot for griefing after he had killed me for 24 times, every time with the jet guns. every time he had to face me air to air, he went off radar so he could just get around me, instead of actually getting into a dogfight

disgusting

Why not just change sessions,takes a minute and you avoid 15-20 minutes of griefing...?

bkldestroya666

disgusting

Why not just change sessions,takes a minute and you avoid 15-20 minutes of griefing...?because this was the 1 dude that i simply couldnt get back at, usually if i get killed more than a few times, the culprit wont be having a good time for the remainder of the time he is in the session

thats my playstyle, mess with the bull and ya get the BLAOW

iheartlondon1969

The worst griefing I received was when I was up in the desert.. If you can call it that.. And a crew of about 5 or 6 called "deth" came up to grief me. (Granted I was talking smack to egg them on lol) they arrived in cargo bobs, each with tanks chained to them.. When they released and parachuted to their respective tanks.. No matter what if I was in passive they blew me up.. Ran me over.. Sat on me and claimed they were the best. It was hilarious as I sat back and surfed gta forums and ripped my bong :)

Edited by SlammedSultanRS

disgusting

Why not just change sessions,takes a minute and you avoid 15-20 minutes of griefing...?
because this was the 1 dude that i simply couldnt get back at, usually if i get killed more than a few times, the culprit wont be having a good time for the remainder of the time he is in the session

thats my playstyle, mess with the bull and ya get the BLAOW

So much pride,oh well..

Well those who tries to grief me gets killed - and killed, and killed, and killed right untill they ragequit.

Bullsh*t, then stalk them through sessions and kill some more.