2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

2. Support

3. Suggestions

*DO NOT* SHARE MEDIA OR LINKS TO LEAKED COPYRIGHTED MATERIAL. Discussion is allowed.

GTAV will be a "CPU" heavy game? [DISCUSSION]

raburs

GTAVpc WILL BE A 'CPU' HEAVY GAME? [DISCUSSION]

Guys ive been hearing whole lot of strories on GPU for GTA V.. also Multi-Core Support - Thread Here!

But i am a lil' worried.. cz sources indicate that GTA V could be an 'AMD' TItle? also hearing about supporting mantle !

But recall all the 'Mantle' .. Titles...

Battlefield 4, Thief, Plants vs. Zombies, Sims 4, etc .. are 'very' CPU heavy games..

this doesnt mean that only CPU determines performance..rather it means that u need to have strong CPU, along with a decent GPU to run these games smooth!

Guys what do you think? Will GTA V be a CPU heavy game?

|check out| - GUESS THE GRAPHICS SETTINGS : 'HERE'

|new| UPDATE 2 (January 13th, 2015) : GTAV PC System Specs are released.

• Minimum CPU required is a Intel Core 2 Quad CPU Q6600 @ 2.40GHz / AMD Phenom 9850 Quad-Core Processor @ 2.5GHz
  • Since both are quad-core processors.... It clearly indicates that GTAV PC should be a CPU intensive game..
  • Recommended CPU is a Intel Core i5 3470 @ 3.2GHZ (Quad-Core) / AMD X8 FX-8350 @ 4GHZ (Octa-Core)
  • Also the GPU requirements are pretty low.. - Minimum - NVIDIA 9800 GT 1GB / AMD HD 4870 1GB
  • Recommended - NVIDIA GTX 660 2GB / AMD HD7870 2GB
  • The minimum GPU requirement is quite low, which surely indicates that most of the resources should be managed by the CPU.

UPDATE 1 : Comparing Xbone and PS4's CPU with PC's... i can tell that it may not be that CPU heavy after all!

Edited by raburs

Guys ive been hearing whole lot of strories on GPU for GTA V.. also Multi-Core Support - Thread Here ! But i am a lil' worried.. cz sources indicate that GTA V could be an 'AMD' TItle? also hearing about supporting mantle ! But recall all the 'Mantle' .. Titles... Battlefield 4, Thief, Plants vs. Zombies, Sims 4, etc .. are 'very' CPU heavy games.. this doesnt mean that only CPU determines performance..rather it means that u need to have strong CPU, along with a decent GPU to run these games smooth!

Guys what do you think? Will GTA V be a CPU heavy game?

It'll be. Euphoria + open world sandbox = CPU usage. You'll have options to tweak the render distance, number of cars and all that sh*t so you can make the usage lower.

Edited by AlasClarin

It will push every single component of and around your computer to the max, including mouse and keyboard hardware. An average computer is going to experience hell on the moments you play GTA V.

But at the end of the day. It's all worth the graphics cards that will die by playing GTA V.

Edited by BillGates
  • Like 1

nvidia will release the maxwell flagship gtx-980 soon,maybe december?¿

i just worry about both cpu i7 haswell at least and GPU titan black at least

What that have to do with the thread?

GTA V PC both graphic card & cpu killer

which i don´t expect

Will be like MP3 PC version, all PC will can play the game.

If you have a hig end PC you will play with amazing graphics and if you have a low end PC you will still can play the game.

R wants money, so the game will allow all kind of PCS.

• Like 3

SassyVegetable

I think it will be very CPU intensive, GPU not so much.

The improvements visually went up a notch but if well optimised i dont think it would be too hard to run of a decent GPU (And i do believe the game will be top notch for PC)

But CPU intensive i think it will be. Denser traffic and improved draw distances do make it hard on the CPU.

The new draw distance and traffic are absolutely insane :D! But if it is too much i'm sure we'll be fine as we can probably decrease the draw distance in the settings.

RedIndianRobin

It depends upon the settings though! If you increase vehicle density as well as view distance, then it'll be a 'CPU' intensive game! Otherwise it won't! Discussion over! Close the thread! :p

This threads are getting ridiculous, we can pretty much guess how the game will hardware hungry. Everything depends how is it optimized, we should just wait for the system requirements and then discuss that.

I hope it is CPU intensive, but like in gta iv, will have an option to diminish the visible distance, causing not force the processor

I think it well be moderate on the CPU for the simple reason that the new consoles use x86 and they will take care the code is in good shape for this architecture.

Adding a little extra load for higher fps and some driver overhead it should still be playable with maximum settings on something like the i5-2500k at 1080p.

I can't believe there's still people that think it will require a beast PC.

I didn't mentioned anything about a beast pc.. So pls calm ur horses. i just said that it might be cpu heavy game..i have a good pc n ill be getting a new gpu just that i can run it at ultra not high...

This threads are getting ridiculous, we can pretty much guess how the game will hardware hungry. Everything depends how is it optimized, we should just wait for the system requirements and then discuss that.

Y cant v continue to discuss till specs r out.. These threads might help many people understand gta v pc more better.

http://www.cpubenchmark.net/cpu.php?cpu=AMD+FX-8120+Eight-Core

This is about the equivalent to the PS4's CPU. The difference being the PS4 version is actually underclocked to 1.8Ghz instead of running at 4.0Ghz here on PC. That is a massive difference in performance from the clockspeed alone.

Now note the processors that are all above this one in the chart. If you are above it, surely you will be capable of running GTA V on PS4-equivalent settings at minimum 30 fps. If you have a high end processor like the Intel i7's and you overclock it, you probably will be able to hit 60 fps or close to it on higher than PS4 settings.

Just be aware that GTA IV's biggest performance bottleneck is the processor, and I expect the same to be true for GTA V.

• Like 2

ive said it earlier also.. Mantle titles are mostly Heavy CPU wise... But v dont know yet if gta v would be a mantle title anyway!

It depends upon the settings though! If you increase vehicle density as well as view distance, then it'll be a 'CPU' intensive game! Otherwise it won't! Discussion over! Close the thread! :p

Not just settings sir.. It also depends on how the game is optimised.. I guess it would be alot like gtaiv's settings!

Edited by utkarshrajsingh

I don't think that the PS4 CPU can be compared to the FX-8000 series. The processor used in the PlayStation is an actual octa-core CPU based on the Jaguar architecture and a low power solution, as far as I know. It's a custom design and more similar to AMD Kabini. The FX-8120, on the other hand, is a quad-modul CPU and not a true octa-core.

Edited by Andreas

I don't think that the PS4 CPU can be compared to the FX-8000 series. The processor used in the PlayStation is an actual octa-core CPU based on the Jaguar architecture and a low power solution, as far as I know. It's a custom design and more similar to AMD Kabini. The FX-8120, on the other hand, is a quad-modul CPU and not a true octa-core.

Point was, it surely is not better per-clock performance than the FX series, or not by much, and I highly doubt GTA V has multicore support for up to 8 cores, so expect performance to be better on all desktop grade quad core or higher processors.

Console processors are horribly outdated in terms of performance, it probably won't be cpu intensive At All.

They are not too "horribly outdated".

And don't forget driver overhead for graphics.

And the whole sound is cpu processed on pc.

And of course you want more fps.

Still the requirements should be resonable.

Edited by utack

Yes. If it is anything like GTA IV it will.

Next to a Civilization or Total War I think GTA is one of the most demanding CPU games because of its open world nature. Also, it's the only game that I have noticed an in-game performance improvement with an SSD - speeding used to cause the road to disappear because my 7200 rpm HDD wasn't fast enough.

Oh my god all these "GTA V will kill your computer" posts are just the stigma of the horrible GTA IV PC port, relax people, while it will be demanding, i'm sure it won't be any more so than the new releases of this year.

Oh my god all these "GTA V will kill your computer" posts are just the stigma of the horrible GTA IV PC port, relax people, while it will be demanding, i'm sure it won't be any more so than the new releases of this year.

Actually noone knows for now on how GTA V would be optimized.. So lets not get into that..

Imagine if gta v actually supports 4-8 cores to the fullest.. at least 50% each on 8 core, and 90% on quad. 60fps ez.

Imagine if gta v actually supports 4-8 cores to the fullest.. at least 50% each on 8 core, and 90% on quad. 60fps ez.

u r high! :lol: btw good idea.

Well, isn't it obvious? All open-world sandbox game are CPU heavy. Mantle could alleviate some of the burden in the CPU, but not all.

It is absolutely going to be CPU intensive, but not VERY intensive i think. At least less intensive than the most CPU intensive game.

Edited by Kaito Katsumi

R u kidding me.. It should be more optimized than IV.. IV was crap.. Hope for a lil bit better

• Like 1

i hope it will run like gta 4 i get 50 fps in that game more then happy

Nope. IV PC was *quite* unoptimized. Let's hope V will run like MP3 instead.

• Like 2