2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

2. Support

3. Suggestions

*DO NOT* SHARE MEDIA OR LINKS TO LEAKED COPYRIGHTED MATERIAL. Discussion is allowed.

Why GTAV will be a shoddy port again

anobelp

Gtav Pc team is understaffed, and less people means less team effort, more bugs will be uncovered after release. This looks all to similar to GTAIV release. I expect another shoddy port, another delay with the same f*cking excuse.

Less money is being spent on its development of pc version, and with less, team is going to be under resourced, i dont see optimization anywhere..

The mere fact that R* says they need more development time tells a lot about the current state of GTAV on PC.... They are going to rush and try to complete it with unoptimized spaghetthi code, with a under- resourced team.. There so called testing on steam servers went probably bad.

Nothing has changed and I dont see any difference between GTAIV and GTAV release timeframe. R* hasnt changed anything, and there spending less money on the development on PC version. They treat the pc platform like sh*t, and rightly so from a business pov. Same delays, same reasons leads me to conclude we should expect another shoddy port. I dont know why people are so happy and expwct a good port this time, it makes me laugh.

Edited by anobelp
  • Like 2

nope.

it won't be a shoddy port again because

- it was developed specifically for PC

- much effort was dedicated to it

- it was in development for a long time

- it's not a port

oh, and the PC version is the only reason why PS4/XB1 ports exist in the first place.

read some of my posts or do a search here about this topic. it's been covered hundreds of times already. the PC version is NOT a port.

• Like 3

There is no evidence that suggests it was made specifically for the pc. If xbox one/ ps4 are ports, how are they being released earlier than the pc version, when it requires more development time to be finished?? The current state of GTAV on pc is in shambles, no company delays a product unless it is not up to a standard.

The xbox one and ps4 versions were done a long time ago, they probably starting porting for the pc in 2014. And they prpbably need more time to release it for pc...

They are saving money and spending less money on the pc platform. They probably hired developers and want to quickly port it without spending too much effort and money.

Why do you assume it has been in development for a long time?? Just because it was announced in 2011 and not released? They started developing for pc in 2014.

They port the pc version last, and thats why it geta delayed and is the last version to be released so they can make an extra $$$ from the huge pile of $$$ stash frm thr console versions

Edited by anobelp

There is no evidence that suggests it was made specifically for the pc. If xbox one/ ps4 are ports, how are they being released earlier than the pc version, when it requires more development time to be finished?? The current state of GTAV on pc is in shambles, no company delays a product unless it is not up to a standard.

The xbox one and ps4 versions were done a long time ago, they probably starting porting for the pc in 2014. And they prpbably need more time to release it for pc...

They are saving money and spending less money on the pc platform. They probably hired developers and want to quickly port it without spending too much effort and money.

Why do you assume it has been in development for a long time?? Just because it was announced in 2011 and not released? They started developing for pc in 2014.

They port the pc version last, and thats why it geta delayed and is the last version to be released

image.jpg

you're a lazy one, aren't you? if your so interested in finding out WHY it's not a port, then do as i said and use the search button. i'm tired of explaining why it's not a port and i'm sure i'm not the only one.

KidFromGroveStreet

Watch out for the people coming out with knifes and rifles saying its not a port lmao

Edited by KidFromGroveStreet

There's a log that tells us the PC version is being developed since 2012. If you still wanna tell your bullsh*t without knowing where these infos you're trying to slap on our faces comes from, I'll presume you're a 12 y'old kid.

The fact is, the game is already done.

Edited by fefenc

im sorry for the ignorance but could somebody explain me what do you mean with "port" ? I really dont know pls explain me

The game was never a port, it was coded literally from the ground up.

Now for some reason some people actually believe it is a "Port" when in reality it's not.

Also, port is a term used for when a console game manages to be put on a PC and played on it after a few months or years. :p

Now for some reason some people actually believe it is a "Port" when in reality it's not.

that reason is rockstar. all of this nonsense could be settled once and for all if they actually opened their f*cking mouths to clarify things for once. but no, they're too busy plotting strategies on how to milk the console crowd instead.

Edited by Snorlax

There's a log that tells us the PC version is being developed since 2012. If you still wanna tell your bullsh*t without knowing where these infos you're trying to slap on our faces comes from, I'll presume you're a 12 y'old kid.

Yea right, a log proves that a game was being developed. Logical fallacy. I can give you a log now that proves gta 6 is being developed? Do you want it?

I'll just say this. The PC version does have to have extra features over the PS4 and Xbox One and I think the delay is so they can implement them.

These additional features include:

-Ability to switch graphics settings appropriate for your system.

-Ability to support many different resolutions, and frame rates

-Ability to support many different system configurations.

-Video Editor

-Possible customizeable radio station for user tracks.

-Possibly an even larger player count.

-Support for graphics that are better than PS4 and Xbox One.

-Support for fully remapable key/button setup (where as Consoles only have a few preset control setups)

-Possible ability to play the game with last gen graphics for those with lower system configurations. With last gen mode, this may also mean they are planning on making a Mac version of the game like they did with Max Payne 3.

-Social Club. I know that this one is a little far fetched, but bare with me. If they aren't running GTA Online, and other features in the game that use the internet through Steam, they will have to do more work on Social Club so those features work independently with out using Xbox Live or Play Station Network.

All these features are things that only concern the PC version. The console versions may be a port of the PC version, but the PC version still needs most of these features and adding these features takes extra time as far as the PC version goes.

• Like 2

Yea right, a log proves that a game was being developed. Logical fallacy. I can give you a log now that proves gta 6 is being developed? Do you want it?

yep!

im sorry for the ignorance but could somebody explain me what do you mean with "port" ? I really dont know pls explain me

It's a widely misused term, which I explained in detail here.

As for this topic, the claim that there is a lack of developers that work on the PC version is speculation and there is precisely nothing that backs it up. I don't think the delay is an indication for that, either. What if it is just a business decision to generate insane console sales in the holiday saison, and release it for the PC afterwards for triple dipping? That's a possibility, too.

That said, this has been discussed so many times, we don't need another thread on the subject. Feel free to post your thoughts in Your Thoughts on GTA V PC Optimization.