3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. News

2. Forum Support

3. Site Suggestions

steve dogg 51

Around Los Santos Off-Road Meets [Xbox 360]

yello cactus

I never lower any truck for off roading it reduces ground clearance and reduces traction because on uneven terrain there is less chance of 4 wheels been on the earth.

To be honest next time I go off road I was going to try lowering the Sandking setting by setting to see if it reduces the bounce. Even at the lowest setting it should still have plenty of clearance for most stuff however until I try, I won't really know.

MoundLicker

I added you. Really would like to get into one of these with you if I can manage to be online when you all are. Just upgraded my garage with a ton of off-road vehicles so I should be ready for anything.

Eagleeyez

I'd like to get in on the madness gt is LIVEACTIONWOW on xboxlive

steve dogg 51

I added you. Really would like to get into one of these with you if I can manage to be online when you all are. Just upgraded my garage with a ton of off-road vehicles so I should be ready for anything.

Will post info on the next meet and time soon looks like we will have quite a few new faces as well I'm sending out requests to your gamer tags

If you could help by confirming or sending requests to my gt: steve dogg 51

MoundLicker

Will post info on the next meet and time soon looks like we will have quite a few new faces as well I'm sending out requests to your gamer tags

If you could help by confirming or sending requests to my gt: steve dogg 51

Fantastic.

yello cactus

In a non scientific test, I lowered the sandking suspension to the lowest to see how it handles on the rough stuff.
It does seem to bounce around less but the pay off is definitely a loss of ground clearance.

I'll try the middle suspension soon once I lose this bounty. I've got a big bounty on me after jacking ride and I'm currently watching people trying to drive up Mt Chiliad in their inferior vehicles to get me :)

steve dogg 51
31F6D82A-3905-4409-B21C-13D6403E6437.jpg Edited by stevedogg51

xiDrFeelGoodix

My first attempt at a off-road style emblem that fit the theme of my rig... What you guys think?

FD21A759-B43F-44AD-BFD3-EA03B45A49D4_zps

49E7E367-5949-49E7-82E6-C2A715F71A87_zps

MTBB47

Id be keen to join in next time too if time zones allow it.

MTBB47 is my gamer tag

Is there a reason you guys don't use a race to do these meetups? I have a lot of off road "races" in a playlist I normally just cruise around these on my own lol. This way you can respawn when stuck or damaged, and it doesn't cost you insurance. (and you get xp and $$ for them too) There is no rush to finish if your just doing it to have fun so $$$ is just a bonus.

Anyone online in 6 hours or so hit me up with a PM if your keen to do some "4x4 tours"

Edited by MTBB47

livejoker

Id be keen to join in next time too if time zones allow it.

MTBB47 is my gamer tag

Is there a reason you guys don't use a race to do these meetups? I have a lot of off road "races" in a playlist I normally just cruise around these on my own lol. This way you can respawn when stuck or damaged, and it doesn't cost you insurance. (and you get xp and $$ for them too) There is no rush to finish if your just doing it to have fun so $$$ is just a bonus.

Anyone online in 6 hours or so hit me up with a PM if your keen to do some "4x4 tours"

Content Creator races don't let us take pictures which is why we do these in freeroam. Of course, races could be an option for those that want a challenge at the end of the meet. Also, checkpoints need to be close to one another or else when you spawn back you're a good distance out. :)

Steve, if you got too many new faces you can give my spot up for the next one (whenever that is).

MTBB47

What about a "GTA race"? I think you can take photos, ill check tonight all the offroad vids on youtube they use races so I just wondered why. I do get what you mean about the check point thing however its pretty easy to catch up to the group if its just a slow paced cruise, anyway your meets look great so don't mind me lol. Im just thinking out loud.

livejoker

What about a "GTA race"? I think you can take photos, ill check tonight all the offroad vids on youtube they use races so I just wondered why. I do get what you mean about the check point thing however its pretty easy to catch up to the group if its just a slow paced cruise, anyway your meets look great so don't mind me lol. Im just thinking out loud.

You can't take pictures in any activities (I think you used to be able to take pictures in missions but they never saved) - I tried this idea ages ago in a GTA race. Sadly it doesn't work. Also you gotta keep in mind that if someone picks a bad truck they'll want to change one and in races you can't switch vehicles. The only good thing about a Content Creator race is the ability to repair your truck free of charge and the host can lay down a track instead of finding it on the fly. I get what you meant, though, and is a great idea. :)

I'm sure steve will think about it for a meet that doesn't really require pictures and everyone there knows to pick a truck that could take on any terrain/specific terrain.

steve dogg 51

You can't take pictures in any activities (I think you used to be able to take pictures in missions but they never saved) - I tried this idea ages ago in a GTA race. Sadly it doesn't work. Also you gotta keep in mind that if someone picks a bad truck they'll want to change one and in races you can't switch vehicles. The only good thing about a Content Creator race is the ability to repair your truck free of charge and the host can lay down a track instead of finding it on the fly. I get what you meant, though, and is a great idea. :)

I'm sure steve will think about it for a meet that doesn't really require pictures and everyone there knows to pick a truck that could take on any terrain/specific terrain.

i had a similar though but after trying some races they dont have the same feel to them, it was a bit like having the cargo bob following us a get out of jail free card but worse ... at least with the cargo bob there was some skill involved when u get stuck. Plus getting stuck just encourages you to find a different way on your next attempt as opposed to just blasting up the same route 15 times and making it once. yes it can be frustrating but we dont want it been to easy ;)

race with markers would make it a lot easier to follow a route . But with the meets now i spend 2-3 days scouting routes so i know a ruff plan of were we are going.

and hopefully i have found some good challenges and picture spots and places for other events.

thanks for ideas keep them coming :)

i am however in the process of making some races/routes as challenges within or at the end of meets

Edited by stevedogg51

MTBB47

Good points all round man, cheers.

Im keen as to join your guys as I say, ill be on in a few hours if anyones keen.. MTBB47

Edited by MTBB47

steve dogg 51
31F6D82A-3905-4409-B21C-13D6403E6437.jpg

Vinewood Thrills we be a pre-party and 4x4 show set before the
2nd full around Los Santos Challenge.
*****Thursday 1st OCT @ 23.00 (GMT)//19.00 (EST)///16.00 (PST)****
It purpose is to show off the 4x4's you will be using before the main event.
Thursay the 2nd of October for the pre party and the full challenge will take place on Friday the 3rd
get moding your 4x4's now .
full details to follow.
Edited by stevedogg51

steve dogg 51

Please post your gamer tags : I will be starting the list.

Previous entrants and category winners will get priority.

MoundLicker

Please post your gamer tags : I will be starting the list.

Previous entrants and category winners will get priority.

MoundLicker

Let's do tha' [email protected] thang...

SilkRiver2648

I'm in again :)

xiDrFeelGoodix

dont know if ive won any categories, but you know im in steve. can def make it thursday but not 100% on friday yet as i may have a social obligation i must attend in the real world -_-

steve dogg 51
next Thursdays event
*****Thursday 2 nd OCT @ 23.00 (GMT)//19.00 (EST)///16.00 (PST)****
just to clarify the Thursday night "Vinewood thrills" event will be a relaxed and chilled night to show of your 4x4's. And get to know everyone before the Friday event

come suited and booted its a black tie event ....... dress to impress. No trainers lol

we will be having an awards show, your chance to show off all your off road vehicles.

categories will be
best looking off road
best looking SUV
most likely to make it off road
most likely to make it SUV
least likely to make ( setting the challenge)
best dressed driver of the night.
and the newbies show case.

there will also be some racing (in the different classes) elimination races 1v1 and off road Grand prix,

we will finish off with some jumps, free-roaming and off road climbs around vinewood.

with some photos stops at some exclusive Vinewood locations

to finish we will have a drunk demolition derby
Fridays event
*****Friday 3rd OCT @ 22.30 (GMT)//18.30 (EST)///15.30 (PST)****

Fridays event will be the full around Los Santos Challenge. :)

we will start by the lifeguard station at Vespucci beach, and head out around the map in a clockwise direction.

the challenge is to make it around as close to the coast as we can. It takes some time so there will be space for other to join part way though.

I will be traveling some of the way by 4x4 and helicopter to get some shots.

take in the scenery and enjoy the challenge !! Edited by stevedogg51

Freddy1Krueger

What times will the meets start I'm in the uk but have noticed you start them quite late uk time

steve dogg 51

Will be updating the time 11pm gmt on thursday and 10-10.30 on friday gmt

Freddy1Krueger

Put me on your list then please GT Freddy1 Krueger Might not be able to stay for the whole lobby but still good for for 3 or 4 hours friday and maybe 2 or 3 hours on thursday night

steve dogg 51

the list for both Thursday and Friday

let me know if you can, can't or want to join

and message my GT: steve dogg 51

1. steve dogg 51
2. Rax sinister
3. TashPocalypse
4.timoshenko77
5.SilkRiver2648
6.ferdaboyzz
7.DignifiedTick
8.jkwood2k
9. ferrarix
10.xiDrFeelGoodix
11.Tcooper03
13. MoundLicker
14. yello cactus
15.OutkastRyder
16. BP365

If you don't make it on the list don't worry the event is long and people tend to drop out, have to go bed, run out of money etc ...... When some one drops out I will invite the next person on the list this keeps things fresh and fun. But I can't do this unless you submit me a friend request.

Reserve list

MTBB47 (23.30)

past winner. ferrari x, Timoshenko, Lawd, Tcooper03, DignifiedTick

Edited by stevedogg51

yello cactus

I'd love to come along however i'm a total newby. I'm available for tonight though if its still on.

In a non scientific test, I lowered the sandking suspension to the lowest to see how it handles on the rough stuff.
It does seem to bounce around less but the pay off is definitely a loss of ground clearance.

I'll try the middle suspension soon once I lose this bounty. I've got a big bounty on me after jacking ride and I'm currently watching people trying to drive up Mt Chiliad in their inferior vehicles to get me :)

As a follow up. I've found the Sandking suspension set to 'Sports' (middle setting) seems to be a good compromise between bounce and clearance.

jwood2k

I'm inn definitely got a new vehicle to try, it's an suv but will be fun to try either way ;)

steve dogg 51

Can anyone create a signature for me ??

DeInEmA68

What kind do you have in mind?

livejoker

Here you can find people with skill and who do mainly avatars, signatures, logos, etc.

http://gtaforums.com/forum/64-gfx-requests-tutorials/

Had a past signature done there. :)