2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

2. Support

3. Suggestions

*DO NOT* SHARE MEDIA OR LINKS TO LEAKED COPYRIGHTED MATERIAL. Discussion is allowed.

Dodging the bullet of buying SE or CE

Eutyphro

Dodging the bullet of buying SE or CE  

126 members have voted

1. 1. Did you buy SE or CE?

• Yes, and I think it was good value for money.
    • Yes, but I feel ripped off.
    • Yes, and I feel ripped off, but I am rich so I don't care.
    • No, but I wish I would have.
    • No, and I'm glad I didn't waste my money on that.
    • I have never purchased GTA V and have no clue what I'm doing here.

As a college student who has to be responsible with his cash, I'm so glad I didn't buy the Special Edition or Collector's Edition considering the vastly superior upcoming next gen and PC versions. What do you guys think?

Edited by gtaxpert

universetwisters

No, and I'm glad I didn't waste my money on that. It sure as hell wouldn't have made the story any better either.

Thank you Universetwisers, your sig and your member title have made my browser pic ads in dutch.

Off topic, but his member title is German..

• Like 3

Shadowfennekin

No, the only SE/CE thing I'd use would be the DLC which I saw no point in since they'll probably be available somehow later on.

Im fine with buying it. I knew GTA V would be on the next systems. Im only mad that the mail man dropped the package in my drive way smashing one corner of the collectors edition box...

Edited by Acetaminophen
  • Like 1

universetwisters

Thank you Universetwisers, your sig and your member title have made my browser pic ads in dutch.

That's odd, my signature shouldn't do that since it's just a gif. Are you sure it's not German like what gtaxpert said? Even then, you should get adblock.

• Like 1

Gnocchi Flip Flops

I bought the SE version and needless to say it was a piece of sh*t. Stupid worthless exclusives that weren't worth paying $20 extra. I mean money wasn't a problem when I got it but it sucked. I'd never buy it again.

I bought the special edition, no regrets. People that splash out on the highest-priced versions don't realise they're generally the lowest value. Woo hoo, you got a branded item. Now what?

• Like 1
Signatures are dumb anyway.

As a college student who has to be responsible with his cash, I'm so glad I didn't buy SE or CE considering the vastly superior upcoming next gen and PC versions. What do you guys think?

i never opened mine i will see whatthe value on it is in like 30 years

As a college student who has to be responsible with his cash, I'm so glad I didn't buy SE or CE considering the vastly superior upcoming next gen and PC versions. What do you guys think?

You can be responsible and have the CE version.

Way to sound like a douche.

• Like 3

theworldfamous

That's odd, my signature shouldn't do that since it's just a gif. Are you sure it's not German like what gtaxpert said? Even then, you should get adblock.

New kids is a Dutch comedy show and movie series. About my hometown actually! I probably went to high school with some of those dudes. That's why your ads turn to Dutch ones probably, it's hardly known outside of the Netherlands but was very popular here. Not sure how and why universetwisters came up with it (you are American, right? Spreek degij brabants ofzo?)

On topic though. I never buy special editions. The crap you get with them is ugly and gaudy, I have no where to put it in my house where it would look good and it doesn't add anything to game. At least the stuff from V's was mildly useful. The hat was pretty cool but you can probably buy it on the merch store if you need it that bad.

Edited by theworldfamous
  • Like 1

i bought the standard edition £35. glad i didn't waste my money on the SE/CE. not interested in a steelbook case, a hat, map, bag, box and exclusive vehicles or whatever.

everyone was all like "i'm better than you! i have the SE/CE!!"

jokes on u.

Edited by one55

You can be responsible and have the CE version.

Way to sound like a douche.

Where the hell did I say buying CE is irresponsible by definition? I think you are the douche here.

Edited by gtaxpert
  • Like 1

No, and I'm glad I didn't waste my money on that. The special edition was okay, but the collectors edition sucked and wasn't worth the enormous price at all in my opinion.

Tali vas Normandy

I bought it with no regrets. NO regrets whatsoever if the content transfer over.

Algonquin Assassin

I bought the special edition and thought it was good value. Only with the box it came in the spine started to split so I just tore it up and kept the blueprint map and special tin case with the disc.

I mean it was only about $10 more than the standard version so I thought "why not?".

• Like 2

GTA IV Signature V4 by Lettermaniac on DeviantArt

I purchased the CE, and was pleased, but I knew what it contained and wasn't upset about it. Yes, the in game vehicles aren't that good compared to the vehicles we recieved in the updates, or the vehicles already in the game. The Bullpup shotgun is ok, it' a great shogun to have prior to unlocking the Auto Shotgun. The %25 boost to M, F, and T's specials is nice, but really don't make too much of a difference.

Now the 50 Caliber Pistol is a beast, puts the Heavy Pistol to shame. It's a one shot kill to any part of the body, and I think its damage is on par with the Heavy Sniper. The Blimp sucks, but R* says they will be making it faster and more mobile in the new versions, and I believe everyone who pre ordered V recieved it.

The physical stuff like the lockbag are cool, I use it for storing my coin collection, which I have some coins worth big bucks I recieved when my grandpa passed away. The hat I've hung on my wall with all of my other GTA memorbilla, posters, statues etc.

I've been a lifelong gamer, ever since I got my first Nintendo in 1988. But now Im an adult, who works 40-50 hours a week, and only have time to game on the weekends and sometimes after work. GTA has been my favorite gaming franchise since GTA3, and really that's all I play, minus games like Fallout, Elder Schrolls, and some sports games.

Yes, I make really good money and have the funds to purchase SE or CE editions. I bought the SE (there was no CE) for GTA4, which had better physical items then V IMO, and RDR. I still use my GTA4 lockbox for storing my jewelry, and use the bag when I go to the gym to work out.

GTA is by far and away my favorite franchise, Im ok with spending the extra coin to support R*, and get all the extra goodies. To each each their own.

Edited by MilezDawg

I bought the special edition and thought it was good value. Only with the box it came in the spine started to split so I just tore it up and kept the blueprint map and special tin case with the disc.

I mean it was only about $10 more than the standard version so I thought "why not?".

Who would have imagined that! You, Son of Liberty, with V's Special Edition.. i am disapointed!

Geralt of Rivia

Who would have imagined that! You, Son of Liberty, with V's Special Edition.. i am disapointed!

Underneath all that IV fanboy blubber is a V fanboy fighting to get out.

Edited by TheMasterfocker
  • Like 2

Algonquin Assassin

If it's any consolation I still thought GTA IV's special edition was better. I was more disappointed that GTA V's didn't include an artwork book actually.

• Like 2

GTA IV Signature V4 by Lettermaniac on DeviantArt

SE I think was acceptable. I got discounts and stuff, and the map that's been hanging in my room for a year apparently. CE though, seemed like a complete and utter rip off.

ViceCityStalker

For me SE was a bullet worth taking,CE was just f*cking stupid.All the items were just idiotic,no Tracy or Lester blow up doll for that price?f*ck that noise.

• Like 1

In some countries the CE was actually 300$, believe it or not. At first, I wanted the CE like any other GTA fanboy out there but Im glad I didn't buy neither the CE or SE because it was not worth it. I didn't need any of the physical stuff and the in-game stuff was really but REALLY mundane and desappointing. Im not gonna go through a rant on why I think none of them were worth it especially the CE but I do know I wouldn't buy any of them on PC either.

Edited by Skizzo45

ViceCityStalker

Full disclosure the SE edition around these parts was only R100 more here so only like $10 extra,so it was an easy choice for me and man i really enjoyed having 2 extra hairstyles in SP!

How anybody can think it's good value, just shows how terrible gaming is becomming. You people obviously wanna get f*cked by big corporations.

EDIT: ^@ ViceCityStalker correct, me if I'm wrong, but I'm pretty sure the SE or CE doesn't feature anymore haircuts. You must be thinking of the Social club, exclusive haircuts.

Edited by simonp92
  • Like 1