2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

2. Support

3. Suggestions

*DO NOT* SHARE MEDIA OR LINKS TO LEAKED COPYRIGHTED MATERIAL. Discussion is allowed.

Are Los Santos and Liberty City finished with now?

DoubleDutch

do you think Rockstar have finalized the layout for Los Santos and Liberty City now? If they ever go back to LS or LC in future games do you think it will be the same layout or will it be entirely remade again?

I mean you can see why they remade LC and LS originally because the PS2 versions were completely inaccurate, but now they've recreated LA and NYC pretty decently so is there any need to make them again? Yeah they could always go bigger and make a 1:1 scale LA or NYC but would that really be worthwhile? They've recreated most of the interesting parts of LA and NYC already

Algonquin Assassin

I think with LC if they ever done it again it would probably be moreso to add Liberty State. Apart from Staten Island I can't think of anything else that would make it significantly different to GTA IV's interpretation which was pretty close to NYC anyway.

As for LS I could see R* revisiting it again, but this time with 100% focus. I never felt like LA's urban sprawl was that well represented in GTA V, but it just felt like to me it wasn't as faithful to its real life counterpart as LC was.

However I hope R* go somewhere else before doing either again.

GTA IV Signature V4 by Lettermaniac on DeviantArt

I'd rather they wouldnt come back to previous scenes. Well, it would be awesome to see Vice City and reimagined Anywhere City, but i'd also love to see another city, we havent seen one in a while.

Oh yes, yes, yes - Anywhere city!

GTA 2 has all the ingredients for the perfect GTA game!... much more better than ever before with RAGE :^:

Sorry, but LC and LS would be damn boring to return. I'd rather prefer VC, any day!

• Like 4

Algonquin Assassin

Oh yes, yes, yes - Anywhere city!

GTA 2 has all the ingredients for the perfect GTA game!... much more better than ever before with RAGE :^:

Sorry, but LC and LS would be damn boring to return. I'd rather prefer VC, any day!

A modernised take on Anywhere City would be interesting with the retro-futurism vibe that was in GTA II. :)

• Like 3

Nope. There is ALWAYS scope for improvement. Frankly speaking, IMO LS could have been done a lot better. It just did not give the feel of LA. Whereas LC was a masterpiece. It felt like you were in NY. I don't think they'll completely remake it; that would be a waste of time and resources. However, they could definetly IMPROVE both. Lots of scope for adding more details, tweaking things and making the city feel more alive.

• Like 3

I think they're done with L.C., and it's a good thing. This place has been overexploited in my opinion, and I won't even mention how New York is overused to death nowadays in video games, movies, shows etc ...

About Los Santos, I don't think they will recreate the city, but it's almost certain they will continue to use it for a new storyline (maybe the continuity of the GTA V story with a DLC). Maybe in a far future, they'll build a brand new L.S., but I highly doubt about it, the work they have done with the current Los Santos is extremely satisfying.

The next logical step would be a multiple cities GTA, with San Fierro and Las Venturas ... I'd loooove to see a new Las Venturas, it would look fantastic on PS4/XBOX1 !

I don't think we'll be back in Vice City soon, the atmosphere of the city is too close to Los Santos (beach, sun, palm trees etc ...).

universetwisters

I hope so. LS is tainted now and I'll rip my eyeballs out of my head with my bare hands if I see LC again

• Like 3

I think LC is done. LS on the other hand needs to have the LA feel. So it needs more work.

• Like 2

Yea they will remake them if another universe will be created.

For LC, I see a possible return in a future Spin off game before the release of VI, or we could see it as a side setting for GTA VI. LS is done, V was proabably the only game it will be portrayed in (same as the San Andreas map from GTA:SA).

And both LS and LC will proabably get remade in the very far future if a new era is created, after the end of HD era.

Edited by Phoenix_Shit

For LC, I see a possible return in a future Spin off game before the release of VI, or we could see it as a side setting for GTA VI. LS is done, V was proabably the only game it will be portrayed in (same as the San Andreas map from GTA:SA).

And both LS and LC will proabably get remade in the very far future if a new era is created, after the end of HD era.

But what would be the next era? 4K era? HHD? I'm seeing this one as the definitive one.

• Like 2

I doubt there will be any more remakes of the cities, but there perhaps will be DLCs that revisit these past locations,

As for GTA VI I hope Vice City gets remade in HD.

Drunken Cowboy

This also begs the question as to where GTA and games in general will be in the future.

Say it takes them 5 years to make Vice City from GTA V's release, that's 2018. And then they make more Bully, or Manhunt, or Red Dead, or Midnight Club (for some reason...), or something new.

If GTA VII follows the five year trend and comes in 2023, what is of the series now? Still the same formula? Same acclaim? Will they disregard the old fans as much as they have in GTA V? What will the gaming capacity of the consoles and PC be like then? Will we all just be beamed into the games themselves or something?

It's very strange to think that any game serires (beyond that money-grubbing Nintendo garbage) will still be alive affer 20+ years...

Pretty much everything DrunkenCowboy said but I think someday we'll return to these locations.

LC and LS are done for sure. They represent their real life counterparts perfectly for what they're known. LC didn't have Staten Island, because it was rather boring. It still managed to have that NYC vibe. Same goes for LS. It didn't have that big sub urban sprawl like LA, because it would have been boring anyway. And even without that, there are still lots of places in LS that could be locations of missions and activities in future story DLC.

Comparing 3D's LC with HD's LC is a bit unfair, since the previous one was based on multiple places but HD LS surely did a much better job on recreating LA than 3D LS did. V actually has that LA vibe, unlike SA which made LS seem like a gang battle zone. R* might revisit LC or LS in the future but a new recreation IMO won't happen and isn't needed, unless they want to make a 1:1 scale of those places like you said, which will probably never happen considering the great detail they put in the newer maps.

Therefore it's time for either Vice City, San Fierro or Las Venturas to get it's proper recreation. Or maybe a new place...

Edited by DaWiesel
  • Like 1

LC and LS are done for sure. They represent their real life counterparts perfectly for what they're known. LC didn't have Staten Island, because it was rather boring. It still managed to have that NYC vibe. Same goes for LS. It didn't have that big sub urban sprawl like LA, because it would have been boring anyway. And even without that, there are still lots of places in LS that could be locations of missions and activities in future story DLC.

Comparing 3D's LC with HD's LC is a bit unfair, since the previous one was based on multiple places but HD LS surely did a much better job on recreating LA than 3D LS did. V actually has that LA vibe, unlike SA which made LS seem like a gang battle zone. R* might revisit LC or LS in the future but a new recreation IMO won't happen and isn't needed, unless they want to make a 1:1 scale of those places like you said, which will probably never happen considering the great detail they put in the newer maps.

Therefore it's time for either Vice City, San Fierro or Las Venturas to get it's proper recreation. Or maybe a new place...

Yeah exactly, I really don't think there's any need to make them again. Maybe add on a couple bits in future games but the general layout is pretty good. I think they're going to remake VC, SF and LV next then after that they will (hopefully) go somewhere new. I swear if they just start restart the cycle and remake LC again I'm going to drown myself

I hope the HD era is the definitive era from now on and they don't keep going back and remaking cities whenever a new console is released

Edited by DoubleDutch

LC has had it's day, any more accurate of a recreation is gonna verge on 1:1. LS on the other hand can still be done better if they want to do it.

I hope we don't see either of them again for at least 3 more GTA games, which should be about 10 years.

Edited by J-B

There will be a GTA game in the future with all cities ever created in the HD era (VC/LS/LV/SF/LC).

That's gonna be a bit down the line, unless they want to release it in pieces, like a new module/city released every 6-8 months.

I honestly don't even want a game that big.

Edited by J-B

Official Destroyer

There will be a GTA game in the future with all cities ever created in the HD era (VC/LS/LV/SF/LC).

I don't think that will ever happen because it is way too much work. They have the ambition to make their games as realistic and detailed as possible, so the map would be too big to realise that with their high standards.

Btw I hope they will come back to Los Santos some day and make it much bigger. Maybe this will happen in GTA 10.

I don't think that will ever happen because it is way too much work. They have the ambition to make their games as realistic and detailed as possible, so the map would be too big to realise that with their high standards.

Btw I hope they will come back to Los Santos some day and make it much bigger. Maybe this will happen in GTA 10.

It may be possible, but they would be releasing a city every 5 years (maybe) to the same game, like GTA Online plans to do

But what would be the next era? 4K era? HHD? I'm seeing this one as the definitive one.

You are right, personally I don't see any new era after the HD era. I think R* should stick to the HD era for a longer time, there is still alot of things to exploit in it (Such as prequels and such)

BTW why are people saying that GTA's are only gunna come every 5 year? R* could be doing spin offs for all we know. The 5 year trend is only for main title GTA's, not spin offs or DLC's like TLAD and TBOGT.

Edited by Phoenix_Shit

Algonquin Assassin

Am I the only one who thinks having all the past cities in one game would be a horrible idea? I don't mind having multiple cities like that was in SA, but the only way I could see this working is having separate maps for each city. It doesn't really appeal to me.

Am I the only one who thinks having all the past cities in one game would be a horrible idea? I don't mind having multiple cities like that was in SA, but the only way I could see this working is having separate maps for each city. It doesn't really appeal to me.

I agree. I doubt they would do it anyways.

The Godfather 2 (game) has tried it. I've hated it and so did everyone else while the 1st game was praised and is still being as one of the best mafioso game.

Edited by CasualSergiu
  • Like 1

FriendlyFireOFF

LC will end up in GTAO at some point tweaked with more interiors like the airport and hopefully Grand Central Station to name two. Snow as well may finally feature.