2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

2. Support

3. Suggestions

GTAForums does NOT endorse or allow any kind of GTA Online modding, mod menus, tools or account selling/hacking. Do NOT post them here or advertise them, as per the forum rules.
*DO NOT* SHARE MEDIA OR LINKS TO LEAKED COPYRIGHTED MATERIAL. Discussion is allowed.

How would heists work?

NEEGOLAZ

Everyone seems to have a different vision of heists. Which one is most plausible?

These are the ones I hear often

"Heists are going to be really simple and underwhelming. Get in, crack safe, get out."

"The host of the heist will do all the planning, and then the crew can join and pick positions. First come first serve. They'll be long, less-linear missions and include heist setup and everything."

"The players will vote on all the planning options. Then they will be spawned in an otherwise normal lobby and they'll have to setup everything before they start the heist, like an actual SP heist."

"Heists will be like versus missions, some will be police, some will be criminals"

I think Rockstar will use the pretext of 'Console limitation' when GTA V will be released on PS4/Xone to tell us that the heists can not be placed on old-gen. But I hope I'm wrong.

Heists will take a long, long time to prepare. Like over a year in real time. None of your friends will be able to see your progress during the planning stage, although you can send messages once a month to tell people that it'll be done soon.

After the planning stage nobody will care enough to join your Heist as they'll be playing GTA6.

• Like 10

They're probably gonna be extremely similar to the last job in SP, but with a substantially sh*ttier payout.

And people will bitch and people will moan...

I think on next gen there will be a cops and crooks mode for heists and normal mode. On current gen they will be normal and like SP but with crap payouts. 200,000 each is my guess

Edited by GTA4131

In an ideal world I would like there to be a 'Heist Preparation Location' that building by the huge bridge used in SP would work well. 4 players join and then select which Heist they want to do.. Then they select the roles which would be driver, hacker, ammo and clothing. Depending what role you pick you all have to do a different task, like in missions where it says 'Player X collected the Z' so you see the progress. Then you go back once everything is completed and then sort out the Heist. I don't think there should be that much help from then on like where to stand, where to shoot, it should be up to the Driver where he puts the vehicles, you to decide how you enter, where the hacker goes etc etc

I think on next gen there will be a cops and crooks mode for heists and normal mode. On current gen they will be normal and like SP but with crap payouts. 200,000 each is my guess

$200,000 per heist is like the absolute maximum I would guess lol, realistically I doubt it would be more than $50,000. Were you expecting 40 mil like in story mode? prepare to be dissapointed

I think Rockstar will use the pretext of 'Console limitation' when GTA V will be released on PS4/Xone to tell us that the heists can not be placed on old-gen. But I hope I'm wrong.

Then we can get a partial refund for the game when we sue them for false advertising and fraud.

You will know it when you see it.

fyFmg4y.gif

WTF is that .GIF dude? Losing my sh*t laughing here!

OT: Heists will never happen. If R* can't deliver them within a year, they're never coming.

• Like 2

Take this with a grain of salt but I think that once heists are released, a new mechanic in game play with come along with them. Sort of like world of war craft where you must choose from 1 of 3 or 4 classes to master. In this case the classes would be a driver, a hacker and a gunman? Idk.. but that's the best I could think of. Why else would they eventually allow you to make 5 different characters? At this point, if you made a male and female character up to 120, then you have potentially experienced everything the game currently has to offer. There is no reason to make a 3rd character other than the fact that you got bored and wanted to start over while at the same time being able to retain all of your current progress.

so getting back to the class idea, it'll most likely be impossible to play 2 different classes at once at any time. Players from each class would have to queue up together in order to complete the heist team.

I haven't given it too much thought but atm I can only think of 3 classes suitable for the situation.

driver

gunman

hacker

if Rockstar actually does this then I can imagine the driver would be the most overused class and the hardest to queue up with. Much like dps waiting on a healer in wow.

edit - wow that grammar was brutal lmao

It's early, cut me a break. I hope I got my point across tho.

Edited by xLuCx

$200,000 per heist is like the absolute maximum I would guess lol, realistically I doubt it would be more than $50,000. Were you expecting 40 mil like in story mode? prepare to be dissapointed

Did I mention I was expecting millions? It will be more than 50000. Maybe the smaller heists will pay 50000 and the bigger ones will pay 100,000 - 200,000

It'd be cool if they assigned you a rating in your chosen role, based on your performance at that role in previous heists. So crews/groups would seek you out...

Not gonna happen, at all, but it'd be cool.

Edited by We Are Ninja

1) Get the package from the bank.

2) Deliver package to Gerald.

3) " 'Aight, you hood"

4)>$1500 700RP

• Like 2

1) Get the package from the bank.

2) Deliver package to Gerald.

3) " 'Aight, you hood"

4)>$1500 700RP

The horror if that happens :panic: :panic: :panic:

I saw it...

...and it is GLORIOUS!

...its just too bad I'm bound by a confidentiality agreement. Sorry folks, nothing to see here...

*fades into the black*

:)

I saw it...

...and it is GLORIOUS!

...its just too bad I'm bound by a confidentiality agreement. Sorry folks, nothing to see here...

*fades into the black*

Can this post get 5000 likes for Chop?

I saw it...

...and it is GLORIOUS!

*fades into the black*

Can this post get 5000 likes for Chop?

Ask Domislive

Arrows to Athens

When heists eventually do come out it won't be that hyped anymore. It will get boring within the first week. Just watch.

I'm hoping for 1 of 2 methods, or a choice of either (1) the host goes to his/her planning room to start a heist, he/she has a choice of playing with crew/friends or randoms... They pull up a menu that much like single player, they have to choose whether to hire more skilled/more expensive help or vice/versa. So in essence, you can choose a level 25 and give him 7% of the take, or a level 150 and give him 15%, or something like that, just throwing numbers out.

(2) a versus mode where an equal amount of heisters(crooks) and an equal amount of cops battle, the crooks get a head start, the cops don't know what bank or store is getting hit, the cops rush to the bank in cop cars, and try to thwart the robbery, kind of like a LTS but with a much larger reward...Needs some tweaking I know, but could be great fun IMO.

When heists eventually do come out it won't be that hyped anymore. It will get boring within the first week. Just watch.

I'm looking forward to all the rage/complaint/butthurt threads, personally...