GTAForums does NOT endorse or allow any kind of GTA Online modding, mod menus, tools or account selling/hacking. Do NOT post them here or advertise them, as per the forum rules.

So, is it really the end of updates concerning PS3/Xbox360?

Iroquois

Ive been feeling skeptical about R*'s choices lately, ever since their newswire update. As you all know, they promised that new songs (I could care less), would be added as an update to current gen consoles (ps3/xbox360). Now, after their newswire update, they said it, in a way, which seems like its going to be exclusive to next gen.

So, I just find it strange that R* has been constantly changing their promises. GTAV was originally promised to be current gen exclusive. Heists was promised to come out many times and many updates as well, especially the huge bundled update they are "meaning" to release "soon". Its just delay after delay (although exploiters/hackers/glitchers/modders are to blame for the most part).

It really seems like R* has truly been bitten by the greed virus that has infected game developers of games like COD and DCUO. Are they really scrapping future or past updates for their precious next gen versions of the game? Has it been their secret plan all along? A scheme?

Is it false advertizing of GTA V or do you think they just got a sudden case of a "lets just scrap current gen GTA. Its too much work to do it on both sets of consoles." attitude?

I mean heists...whats up with that? Like before, I could care less. Its just that this pattern is too suspicious. Im not taking this for granted especially since i love GTA V.

I just have a saying I live by: Why create/make something, if you're not going to fix/support it or if it's not going to work?

Discuss...

In a way, maybe. Eventually they're going to want people to migrate to next gen to get more money, seeing as these consoles are nearing their end. It isn't fair, I know, but that's how I see it happening.

• Like 2

j4hhYw6.png

Hopefully not.

..yet.

image.png

twitter // instagram // #KB43VER

ps4 & xbone just don't have the hype... sure rockstar may try and coerce gamers to migrate but they know they will never get the same sales and they know for the next 5 years they are stuck catering to old gen in order to make their money...

They will probably keep releasing normal DLC like they have been doing in the past, but any other major DLC will be made for PS4/XBONE.

In a way, maybe. Eventually they're going to want people to migrate to next gen to get more money, seeing as these consoles are nearing their end. It isn't fair, I know, but that's how I see it happening.

True. Dont you think R* then owes it to its fanbase to come out of their closet and reveal the truth, to state they have just been unintentionally teasing us all along, assuming this true in the first place?

The end of updates on old-gen Console? Yes, unfortunately! I think they absolutely want to encourage us to buy the game a second time on next-gen. They will do anything to torture us with such beautiful graphics, new content, new animal species, etc.

They could have warn us that there would be a next-gen version in preparation, but they would have lost a lot of silver since many players would not have bought GTA V on PS3/Xbox 360 and would have expected that the version next-gen comes in to buy it! We will be encouraged to buy the game a second time.

ps4 & xbone just don't have the hype... sure rockstar may try and coerce gamers to migrate but they know they will never get the same sales and they know for the next 5 years they are stuck catering to old gen in order to make their money...

I dont think its the end yet but thinking old gen is going to last 5 years.. Nah... Next gen systems will get cheaper and more people will buy them. Couple of years tops.

gorskiegangsta

I doubt they'd risk forgoing the massive 'old gen' audience when releasing paid DLCs, as for the free update content, I couldn't care either way.

Over 35 million units sold w/ over 1 billion in revenue. Why on earth would they abandon that, will it slow down certainly. When dlc starts requiring a purchase that's when you can probably start worrying.

I hope not, but their actions over the last day or so do not make me feel good about the future. People request certian cars and planes and R* responds by placing those on next gen? come on. They are really starting to show the fan base they don't give a sh*t about anything but money. I hope I'm wrong and R* just didn't explain themselves well in that post, but when they made the dukes/dodo appear to be only for people who buy BOTH current gen and next gen copies, it really made them look greedy.

• Like 1

Probably not quite the end, but the "ever expanding world of GTA Online" will be unlikely to expand on our old tech.
I for see myself wanting to play GTAO on the ps4 down the track, but I will not buy the game a second time, I will ensure that I buy it second hand. I refuse to buy the same game twice.

But yeah, the small and mostly lame free DLC will probably keep coming, but if there is anything completely AMAZEBALLSSSS!!!! that sh!t will be on next gen, (sadly).

• Like 2

Right now, there's so much hype for next-gen but if you look at it at an open perspective, everything is the same except for a smoother connection (At least I hope so) nicer looking environment and added players in Freemode.

That's it. There's going to be some weapons, vehicles etc. like the DLCs we've gotten so far but really if you look at it in a wider perspective, there won't be much of a difference. You'll be doing the same things as you're doing now, only in a nicer picture with slightly less lag and better draw distances.

If they released an actual DLC with actual content and not just cosmetic items, that would hype me. Currently, the only content we received were the Creator tool, Capture modes and Flight School. All the tweaks and fixes were welcome although those are mandatory.

Heists, Singleplayer story missions, map extensions, new game modes, dynamic content for online, all of that would be actual DLC.

I think that they'll be continuing on updating current gen consoles as there aren't any major things they've added so far. Just fixes and cosmetic items. All of which I admired and greatly appreciate.

The DLCs we've been receiving so far were minor updates to customization and I'm sure it's no problem for R* to keep adding them.

Edited by Zorvaine

I just have a saying I live by: Why create/make something, if you're not going to fix/support it or if it's not going to work?

Be honest. You just made that up.

• Like 6

I'm going to say no.

If anything all future DLC will be offered to both spectrums, but maybe having one or two things exclusive to new gen.

If progress and your acquired stuff is going to be transferable, they must keep both universes somewhat equal.

As long as we're speculating, Live for the 360 is scheduled to end in 2015 so how would you get updates after that anyway?

http://arstechnica.com/gaming/2013/09/microsoft-xbox-360-support-to-go-for-another-three-years/

2016, not 15.

The question still remains valid. If GTA V online is going to go another 5 years how would you get the updates if live support for the 360 stopped. I mean, there are non sanctioned ways, but the layman wouldn't even begin to understand how to do it.

Edited by TreFacTor

As long as we're speculating, Live for the 360 is scheduled to end in 2015 so how would you get updates after that anyway?

http://arstechnica.com/gaming/2013/09/microsoft-xbox-360-support-to-go-for-another-three-years/

I'm sorry did you read that article? It never said when live was going to end.

"While it's not clear from the statement exactly what it would mean for the system to "go" for that long (is that when systems will stop rolling off production lines? When games stop being made? When Xbox Live shuts off for the old system?), Mehdi said that Microsoft plans to fully support the Xbox 360 for the time being."

Edited by Texas_Tanner

They've already said that 12GB PS3 owners won't be able to play the game after the next update. Something is planned.

BTW, they did mention new music for the existing game in the early part of the year. But then, they also mentioned heists at the same time, to be released in spring no less, and we still don't have them.

• Like 1

Durtywhyteboi88

Face it rockstar got all you rock heads hooked off their tester product,and you idiots will keep purchasing everything they put out anyways because no other company makes a game like this,you're all f*cked :) they gave you a taste and now you're hooked

• Like 3

Durtywhyteboi88

I will enjoy it on ps4... sorry yall broke!

you must be such a baller,banking on mommy and daddy buying you a ps4 for Christmas? Lol scab

They've already said that 12GB PS3 owners won't be able to play the game after the next update. Something is planned.

BTW, they did mention new music for the existing game in the early part of the year. But then, they also mentioned heists at the same time, to be released in spring no less, and we still don't have them.

Not for the radio stations. They updated the dynamic score in missions, that's it. I just went through all of the newswire posts back until January.

OfficialTwiggz

you mean R* lied?

neat

Whaaat, Rockstar lies? Since when?!

But seriously, I'm saving up for a PS4, it's gonna take a while, but I've already preordered the PS4 version, so when I get the PS4, I'll still have the exclusive content :)

DarkSavageDeathlyCloud

I dont expect anything less.

Maybe some more dlcs....but not at the high rate we are used to

1GPM69f.jpg

To me,this game is dead. I've had no interest in playing it since that last piece of crap they called a dlc. Rockstar walked away from this long time ago and it showed.

Everybody I know has already dumped this game and moved on to next gen or better games. Stay classy Rockstar. 21477_Johnny_farting.gif

• Like 3