How does this game compare to GTA V?

FireSniper

Hi guys

Despite my other posts in this forum (for those of you that may have read them :p), I actually havent played any other GTA game before. A few days ago a friend showed me GTA V on his PS3 (he has it almost completed and practically unlimited money, so I could die nonstop and he didnt mind XD we played offline by the way, he doesnt even play online himself yet) and he showed me a lot about the game as well as many tricks and possibilites etc, since then Im looking forward to it coming out for PC because I found it f*cking awesome, call me a newfag or whatever you will :lol:

Since its gonna take over 4 full months to get released, I thought about trying GTA IV on the meantime so I wont be a complete noob by the time it comes out, but what I liked the most about gta V was the freedom you have, the many possibilities/tricks, and the size of the map, etc. So if that aspects arent that good in gta IV im probably not going to bother, so do you think its worth it? if so what are some mods to get the graphics decent?

Niko Bellic. Nuff said... ;)

Pretty much this. In a nutshell. I'll just say this, though. If you don't like games that are heavily driven by their storyline rather than by their freeroaming possibilities, you might wanna stray away from IV. This game isn't your supermarket sandbox shooter where the fun of the game resides in finding out 500 ways to blow sh*t up and cause chaos. If this is what you're aiming to do, you'd be better off getting San Andreas. This is the kind of game you enjoy like a movie. The kind of game that leaves you feeling like a different person after having played through its storyline. If you haven't been spoiled by yet, consider yourself lucky, man. I'd give a lot of things to erase my memories of this game just to have the chance to discover it again ;)

Edited by TempleOfLight

I like IV more than V because in Liberty City, it feels like it's actually busy and robust. In Los Santos, it feels very empty and I think the city is too large, either that or there's not enough traffic, etc.

• Like 1

VWSTp.png

I like IV over V because the storyline is so engrossing and the city is gorgeous. Climbed up to the Rotterdam Tower and looked around. I could see the northern most point of Alderney and I saw planes taxiing around Francis Intl. Plus it really did do the whole three protagonists thing better than V.

• Like 2

Okay guys Im probably going to try it out then in the mean time ^^

Im going to look for some opinions on nice mods in this forum, if any of you has any recommendations i would be much obliged

If you prefer more advanced game mechanics, old-school music and vehicles, and the lack of aiding effects, you will really like this game, and the ones before GTA IV as well.

Edited by B Dawg

Harwood Butch3r

It all comes down to individual taste. Despite GTA V having a bigger map and more features I don't feel it's as focussed as GTA IV. What I mean by this is I feel like it tries too hard to be the jack of all trades whereas GTA IV doesn't. It's raw and straight to the point.

I've always been one to believe you don't need the biggest map or the most amount of features to have a fun game. Hence why I still rate GTA III and VC over SA.

However that's just me.

^ I was just wondering why you hadn't come around until now SoL lol.

IMO if you want a more fun game, where you can spend hours blowing sh*t up, crashing planes and doing endless crazy things, go for GTA SA.

If you want a more polished, sophisticated and story-focused game, go for IV.

WARNING:

IV doesn't offer endless oppurtunities for mad fun(IMO).

IV doesn't have planes and wide open areas like GTA SA

• Like 1

You either die a SP fan or live long enough to see Online enter the series.

Gnocchi Flip Flops

Niko Bellic. Nuff said... ;)

This game isn't your supermarket sandbox shooter where the fun of the game resides in finding out 500 ways to blow sh*t up and cause chaos. If this is what you're aiming to do, you'd be better off getting San Andreas.

You can still have a lot of fun in free-roam and cop chases are fun.

• Like 2

It is different to GTA V. The tools to create your own fun are different. In V you have planes, customizing, etc. But in IV you have new physics, city, driving etc.

The game is realistic but at the same time fun. It is not a story driven game, the side missions and features present are good in their own way.

The story itself is excellent and well paced with memorable characters. It also offers plenty of replay value.

Overall, it is a fantastic game and worth playing. I have not played V myself being a PC gamer so for now IV is my favorite GTA.

I reccommend you pick up the complete edition as it comes with EFLC which is a good add-on and adds new features and new stories. (Which have connections with the main story).

This all comes from my personal experience. I'd also reccommend you to pick up the PS2 Era GTA's as they are also fantastic in my opinion.

Edited by Vercetti42

I have moved to a new account.

Its good game but overall dont like it, i like story and niko. i dont like dark liberty city and missions. And vehicle physics sucks. I like more The Ballad Of Gay Tony than this game.

GTA V plus all the good stuff from IV = Best sandbox ever

• Like 2

#KeepLeviBanned

#RestInPeaceXYN

#IchLiebeDichBitch

#FarewellUGotSmokedWeWon'tMissYou

#GoodbyeDan30CalSeeYouInHell

As it currently stands, I find IV much better than V. My opinion of V might change when my preffered version being PC comes out.

Cheers.