Is it just me or does vehicle armoring sucks balls?

GenPredator

Vehicle armoring?  

42 members have voted

1. 1. Do you think vehicle armor upgrade is weak and a waste of time?

When you talk vehicle armoring, you think, bullet proof glass, re-enforced body to absorb impacts and explosions, etc. 50 cent type upgrade. However, even with 100% armor upgrade, the glass still shatters when hit by a pistol or smg round and cars still blow up. So I pose a question: what is the point of dropping so much money on an upgrade that doesn't seem to do sh*t?

When you talk vehicle armoring, you think, bullet proof glass, re-enforced body to absorb impacts and explosions, etc. 50 cent type upgrade. However, even with 100% armor upgrade, the glass still shatters when hit by a pistol or smg round and cars still blow up. So I pose a question: what is the point of dropping so much money on an upgrade that doesn't seem to do sh*t?

its like cage... it makes less damage when u hit wall or cars etc

Cutter De Blanc

I prefer the visible damage without armor, with armor it makes all the cars take visible impact damage like they're made of stone.

But without armor they eat bullets like a box of tissue paper, so I usually armor up.

well without armor you can jump off a small jump landing on somethign other than your wheels and instantly explode, but with 100% armor you can jump off sh*t all day long smashing your car into 1/2 the original size and not blow up, so id say kinda worth it.

theworldfamous

I also think you take less damage from shots fired through the bodywork.

In real life armoring a car isn't going to save you from heavy assualy rifle fire or even repeated impacts from handguns. Armoring a car against explosions is just about making sure no shrapnel enters the car and kills the occupants.

Nope, not a waste at all, especially with the correct car. I used it on Amanda's Sentinel and those thing made me survive in an airport carnage while I was destroying aircraft to increase my stock value.

unknown.png

Yes, its a waste because the car damage is crap, if it were to have more deformation, then the armor would be useful.

QELXDiM.jpg

In real life armoring a car isn't going to save you from heavy assault rifle fire or even repeated impacts from handguns. Armoring a car against explosions is just about making sure no shrapnel enters the car and kills the occupants.

layered kevlar w/1/2" steel door plating and multi-layered 1" polycarbonate glass will withstand sustained small arms fire up to 5.56 NATO. I understand this is a game, and kids would have a hard time understanding that they can't shoot someone in their car so easily with their little pew-pews, but I was under the assumption that RS had the intentions of making this iteration the most "realistic" in the series. If so, they didn't really do their homework.

In real life armoring a car isn't going to save you from heavy assault rifle fire or even repeated impacts from handguns. Armoring a car against explosions is just about making sure no shrapnel enters the car and kills the occupants.

layered kevlar w/1/2" steel door plating and multi-layered 1" polycarbonate glass will withstand sustained small arms fire up to 5.56 NATO. I understand this is a game, and kids would have a hard time understanding that they can't shoot someone in their car so easily with their little pew-pews, but I was under the assumption that RS had the intentions of making this iteration the most "realistic" in the series. If so, they didn't really do their homework.

AFAIK they tried to go back to the wacky style with this game, but they sort of got stuck in a middle ground. The most realistic in a sense is IV

• Like 1

#KeepLeviBanned

#RestInPeaceXYN

#IchLiebeDichBitch

#FarewellUGotSmokedWeWon'tMissYou

#GoodbyeDan30CalSeeYouInHell

universetwisters

Half the time I couldn't even notice the armor on my vehicles. It was supposed to protect against crash deformation? f*ck, I thought it was supposed to help my car last longer whenever it was shot at

sTgL5iS.png

Your assumption is incorrect, nothing about this game is or ever will be realistic, except maybe the police response when you bump into some npc, lol! It wouldnt be any fun if it was realistic. but at any rate the armor does help quite a lot, and youre a moron if you dont think so. the only thing is the glass, its not bulletproof and whats sticking out clearly visible in the glass? your head. what happens when you get shot in the head with one bullet? you f*cking die, so thats why some of you might thing its worthless, but play around with it and you will quickly see that it does indeed greatly reduce damage deformation and it takes way more bullets to blow up a car with armor, which is its intended purpose. Its not intended to make you invincible while in a car. Rockets and bombs however are rockets and bombs and nothing is armored enough to withstand that in real life. 1 bomb or rpg will disable a real tank and thats about as armored of anything as you will ever find.

If ya dont wanna get shot out of your car quit being an asshat and stop trying to run people over, that never works except against noobs who arent paying attention. avoid white dots while driving and you will live longer. You know what i do when i see someone coming after me? I stop and get out and shoot the stupid bastard every time, drive bys do not work, especially if you are alone. its marginally better with a passenger who can lock, but the weapons are limited and sh*tty and you in a car will lose every time against me on the street with a carbine. I shoot you in the face and easily roll out of the way of the car 99.999% of the time. Sometimes noobs get me if im scoping and dont see them coming or if its lagging and i dont roll till 3 seconds after i press the button, but under normal conditions the guy in the car loses every time. If he tries the reverse bulletproof rear window trick he eats a rocket.

Your assumption is incorrect, nothing about this game is or ever will be realistic, except maybe the police response when you bump into some npc, lol! It wouldnt be any fun if it was realistic. but at any rate the armor does help quite a lot, and youre a moron if you dont think so. the only thing is the glass, its not bulletproof and whats sticking out clearly visible in the glass? your head. what happens when you get shot in the head with one bullet? you f*cking die, so thats why some of you might thing its worthless, but play around with it and you will quickly see that it does indeed greatly reduce damage deformation and it takes way more bullets to blow up a car with armor, which is its intended purpose. Its not intended to make you invincible while in a car. Rockets and bombs however are rockets and bombs and nothing is armored enough to withstand that in real life. 1 bomb or rpg will disable a real tank and thats about as armored of anything as you will ever find.

If ya dont wanna get shot out of your car quit being an asshat and stop trying to run people over, that never works except against noobs who arent paying attention. avoid white dots while driving and you will live longer. You know what i do when i see someone coming after me? I stop and get out and shoot the stupid bastard every time, drive bys do not work, especially if you are alone. its marginally better with a passenger who can lock, but the weapons are limited and sh*tty and you in a car will lose every time against me on the street with a carbine. I shoot you in the face and easily roll out of the way of the car 99.999% of the time. Sometimes noobs get me if im scoping and dont see them coming or if its lagging and i dont roll till 3 seconds after i press the button, but under normal conditions the guy in the car loses every time. If he tries the reverse bulletproof rear window trick he eats a rocket.

We get it, you are a bad ass motherf*cker.... :cookie: . The whole idea of armoring is to be resistant to small arms, that includes the windshield and side windows. The only real thing "armoring" helps with is collisions. You can think I'm being moronic all you want. After armoring up my vehicle to 100% it SHOULD take a MG or explosion. And you assume that it's just directed at people trying to roll over someone, but it also applies to the people getting tore up by the idiots just looking to start sh*t hunting people down and on missions.

Edited by GenPredator

We get it, you are a bad ass motherf*cker.... :cookie: . The whole idea of armoring is to be resistant to small arms, that includes the windshield and side windows. The only real thing "armoring" helps with is collisions. You can think I'm being moronic all you want. After armoring up my vehicle to 100% it SHOULD take a MG or explosion. And you assume that it's just directed at people trying to roll over someone, bu it also applies to the people getting tore up by the idiots just looking to start sh*t hunting people down.

thats not how it was implemented to function, and 1 year later its not been changed so its safe to say that aint the idea. Might be your idea, but not rockstars, lol! Tell them about it, but it will never change cause IF cars had bulletproof windows and could survive rockets thats what asshats would use them for nonstop, much like what happened when everyone was doing the invincible car glitch remember? EXTREMELY Bad Idea, never gonna happen for game balance reasons so get used to it and stop crying about it. Like i said above, dont wanna get shot out of your car, stay away from other dots. If you dont like the added effects of the armor, then dont buy it. simple.

Edited by sultangris

I never said anything about surviving rockets or the bigger machine guns.

i believe you said this

After armoring up my vehicle to 100% it SHOULD take a MG or explosion.

yup, i said it should take a machine gun or explosion, meaning to kill the people in the vehicle. nm, i see how what I said could be misunderstood, my bad

Edited by GenPredator

ah, fair enough. I still say the same however, cause low levels dont have access to those things so they would still be griefed unable to do anything about it if that was the case. In a perfect situation where you are not an asshat going after other players i can agree with you and understand why you think that would be better but the sad fact of the matter is that the asshats seek out and exploit that type of thing cause they are pussies with no skills who have to cheat to get kills so it just becomes an overused undefendable exploit that ruins the game for most players so it really cant ever be changed to work that way. Balancing a game isnt easy and sometimes there are small downsides to certain things that are necessary in order to fix something that would be a major problem otherwise. its very complex and rockstar isnt very good at it, but they are right on this one unfortunatly. its best to just avoid people while driving or do as i do and get out and use your bigger better guns to take care of people trying to run you over or catch up to you and stickybomb you if you arent a good enough driver with a fast enough car to escape if they are chasing.

S1N0D3UTSCHT3K

i believe you said this

fully armoured can, very rarely, take a explosion if it's JUUUUUST far enough away to hit and move the car but not hit the gas tank

there's usually 2 explosions to a car explosion, the weapon explosion and then the gas tank explosion... very rarely if the 1st one is just far enough to not destroy the vehicle AND miss the gas tank, it can take an explosion

it's easier to see in the armoured police van lol that thing is a taaaaank but i've seen it in SUVs before. very very rarely though and usually just big SUVs where the gas tank can be far enough away from the front that a explosion can hit the front of a Granger without hitting the gas tank

i believe you said this

fully armoured can, very rarely, take a explosion if it's JUUUUUST far enough away to hit and move the car but not hit the gas tank

there's usually 2 explosions to a car explosion, the weapon explosion and then the gas tank explosion... very rarely if the 1st one is just far enough to not destroy the vehicle AND miss the gas tank, it can take an explosion

it's easier to see in the armoured police van lol that thing is a taaaaank but i've seen it in SUVs before. very very rarely though and usually just big SUVs where the gas tank can be far enough away from the front that a explosion can hit the front of a Granger without hitting the gas tank

good point, i did get ran over by a tank a couple times and not blow up in fully armored cars. once in an entity which ended up loosing 3 wheels and was so flat on the drivers side that i could only get in and out the passenger side and couldnt really move much with only one wheel, lol! another time was in a karin sultan rs fully armored and it got f*cked up pretty good too and much shorter than normal but didnt lose any wheels so i could still drive. more often than not getting run over by a tank blows you up though in my experiences.

• 2 months later...

Yes, its a waste because the car damage is crap, if it were to have more deformation, then the armor would be useful.

I facepalmed, the point of the armor is to make the car withstand damage from bullets and crashing into sh*t, so obviously the lack of major visual damage done to the car proves the armor is doing it's job, do you even put 100% on your cars? if not then you are putting yourself at a major disadvantage.

The First Hunter

So much useful in police pursuits!

I tested dukes with and without armor in a police pursuit

The armorless duke got f**ked up in about 4 minutes in 4 star police chase

But armored one survived about 40 minutes! after 40 minutes i got engine failure:|

Edited by U.N.K.N.O.W.N

• 3 weeks later...

The armor is meant to help your car survive more hits from bullets, and also yes to help with car crashes, the car damage is not crap it's the same as GTA 4 although slightly improved, stop bitching.

100% armor is good I just wish it was stronger like the armor on the Duke O'Death just stock the body can take alot of damage and not show a dent :)

The First Hunter

100% armor is good I just wish it was stronger like the armor on the Duke O'Death just stock the body can take alot of damage and not show a dent :)

You can have AWESOME armors (Duke of death and kuruma) after heists patch!

According to new codes there are new tunings

• 2 weeks later...
A_Low_Profile

I think that the armor category should be much less broad by adding categories for window armor, body armor etc. Would make customisation much more personalised :D