2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

2. Support

3. Suggestions

*DO NOT* SHARE MEDIA OR LINKS TO LEAKED COPYRIGHTED MATERIAL. Discussion is allowed.

How Different Will Gta V Feel On The New Gen

zuckmeslow

Lelouch The Zero

What the f*ck? My post got deleted!

Anywho, I won't be buying the next-gen version because I see no reason to. If none of the new content come to last-gen then It won't bother me as I hardly play the game anyway. If from what I hear is true, the game will will feel totally different, which kinda makes me a little mad because it's like I bought an inferior version. But it doesn't matter, I rarely touch the game as is.

Trevorphilipjfry

Guess we'll only know once its out, but if ped AI is improved, then, that will go a LONG way to making the city a more thriving real world, at the moment, it does feel a bit scripted like Militia said.

• Like 2

I agree with what Militia said. Prettier graphics and more animals will not overwrite the empty feeling of V. All shine and no substance. Thats why I said it won't come close to TLOU Remastered. That game had more substance than V could ever wish for and it had beautiful graphics.

• Like 1

I hope they fix the spawning of the cars. Now we only have 3 million suv's or 6 thousand banshees when you drive one. I want the streets crowded but not if that means we will have to drive through 30 landstalkers.

• Like 3

Trevorphilipjfry

Car spawning definitely needs to be fixed, I really hope it can get sorted ob last gen, seeing as it had a high amount of traffic variety upon release, if you delete the updates, then the traffic variety SHOOTS up

• Like 2

Lethal Vaccine

I hope they fix the spawning of the cars. Now we only have 3 million suv's or 6 thousand banshees when you drive one. I want the streets crowded but not if that means we will have to drive through 30 landstalkers.

Well, think of it like this. If they couldn't fix it in Last Gen with half as many vehicles as they claim to have on the roads in Next Gen, you think they will fix it with twice or three times as many? I highly doubt it. With that being said, my game on PS3 actually doesn't have this "bug" though. A lot of people have it, though, and I believe it cuz I see pictures and videos on Youtube about it. My gamesave has some strange glitches, but not this 2-3 car spawning glitch.

V 9 L U K 3 4 V

I'd laugh when people find it's basically the same thing as on PS3/360, with updated graphics, etc. Right now it feels lifeless and scripted. How will it change? A couple more peds walking around saying f*ck me in the ass? Or maybe a few more deer you run over? How bout a handful more cars on the highways? That surely won't make it more alive.

All the reasons I never fell into this whole Next Gen nonsense. Others will be disappointed, I won't. V the way it is now, will always be how V is for me.

I really hope thats not how it is.

I personally don't give a f*ck, because I refuse to buy any of this anymore and bearly game in general anymore due to my life starting with a job, etc. But I agree, I hope you guys get what you want. But I doubt it, really... :/

check you out with a job whats one of those ?

Trevorphilipjfry

Well, think of it like this. If they couldn't fix it in Last Gen with half as many vehicles as they claim to have on the roads in Next Gen, you think they will fix it with twice or three times as many? I highly doubt it. With that being said, my game on PS3 actually doesn't have this "bug" though. A lot of people have it, though, and I believe it cuz I see pictures and videos on Youtube about it. My gamesave has some strange glitches, but not this 2-3 car spawning glitch.

Ah you're lucky mate, its such an annoying bug, what kind of console are you playing on. A newer model or okd?

Lethal Vaccine

Ah you're lucky mate, its such an annoying bug, what kind of console are you playing on. A newer model or okd?

First Gen PS3 from 2008, with backward compatibility. This is how I play all my PS1, 2, and 3 games. All on my PS3. It's running like a champ. But yeah, I didn't have that bug, the only time I did was Patch 1.07, which was a LONG time ago...

Trevorphilipjfry

That's pretty weird, apparently the bug ismore common on our older models, im using 2006 xbox 360, all I ever see are SUVs and taxis, bummer

Lelouch The Zero

That's pretty weird, apparently the bug ismore common on our older models, im using 2006 xbox 360, all I ever see are SUVs and taxis, bummer

Yeah I have a October 2009 White Arcade Xbox 360 with Jasper chipset and I get the glitch literally all the time, GTA IV has it as well. Games like Saints Row The Third doesn't have a car spawning glitch though, but that's a totally different game. I think it is certain consoles, doesn't matter what year it was made, some of our consoles are just different and we have to live with it. I used to have a lot of variety in cars on V, but that has decreased since Patch 1.08 or 1.09.

FriendlyFireOFF

It may feel and look nicer but once you start looking for real changes which are worthy of new gen then it will start to fall apart. Interiors would go a little way of solving that, still shocked at the lack of them in V.

WTF have they been doing for the last year.......it certainly doesn't justify the information so far.

I hope next year we will see major Story DLC and Map expansion.

Edited by FriendlyFireOFF
  • Like 1

Lethal Vaccine

That's very strange, cuz yeah, even for me in GTA IV, the traffic is AMAZING. I rarely see the same vehicles, only sometimes a handful of Taxis and that's it...

Lelouch The Zero

That's very strange, cuz yeah, even for me in GTA IV, the traffic is AMAZING. I rarely see the same vehicles, only sometimes a handful of Taxis and that's it...

TBH the traffic has been a lot better lately, but still no where near as good as when I first played it. It really bothers me that some people have it while others don't, I don't understand, what could it be?

S1N0D3UTSCHT3K

I think GTA V's traffic is hurt a bit by all the characters and garages...

I'm not entire sure but if you restart the game, and when you're just Franklin without the 2 other characters, their garages, saved cars, properties, etc...

it 'feels' like there's more cars that spawn, more car variety on-screen, etc... i've never tested it but i've replayed the game a lot and every time i start a new game, the car traffic feels different than after the end-game

maybe i'm just crazy tho :D

Lethal Vaccine

Seems like a plausible explanation ^^^^

Cuz from what I have in my safehouse garages, impounds, 4 car garages, hangers, helipads, etc, it all seems to make the cars spawning on the streets differently...

I think GTA V's traffic is hurt a bit by all the characters and garages...

I'm not entire sure but if you restart the game, and when you're just Franklin without the 2 other characters, their garages, saved cars, properties, etc...

it 'feels' like there's more cars that spawn, more car variety on-screen, etc... i've never tested it but i've replayed the game a lot and every time i start a new game, the car traffic feels different than after the end-game

maybe i'm just crazy tho :D

I noticed this aswell and i thought it might just be my mind, but i started a new game on a different account and the world felt more alive. More cars. More pedestrians.

Im sure this has to do with the ram having to deal with all the properties and character garages.

This might be another thing the ps4 and x1 can do differently because of the ram that both consoles have

Trevorphilipjfry

I only have 2 in Ms safe house and 1 in Fs safe house, but I still get it, :( even when there were no saved cars, it,was the same, might give it another go

This is a Remaster Game,but it blows any other Remastered Games or games out this year.

It won't come close to blowing away TLOU Remastered

Okay if you say so

:sarcasm:

lol right. what did that game add besides the picture mode. that was a laughable comment.

anyways on topic. I think the game will feel and look extremely different in some place. especially because of the new foliage system. imagine standing on the grassless hills near the vinewood hills area but instead of being barren, its full of tall blades of grass and bushes. it will be almost unrecognizable. it will also make a lot of places in the game feel like forest(palomino highlands for example).

also it seems that they will be changing up some buildings and props in the game. the gif below for example. they have added an entire 2nd floor and some shrubs to that building in the top right corner. also that faint looking grass in front of trevor is now a thick and full.

Yooo7Or.gif

JPEG

PS3 http://i.imgur.com/pfm1RD7.jpg

PS4 http://i.imgur.com/e5tHiSR.jpg

I think this scene gives a really good taste of just how different the remastered V will be.

(BTW didn't make the gif)

Edited by RominOctane
  • Like 2

one thing i hope will be different is feeling the speed when driving: faster rendering and motion blur. I'm also wondering how the new damage system effect would look like.

This is a Remaster Game,but it blows any other Remastered Games or games out this year.

It won't come close to blowing away TLOU Remastered

Okay if you say so

:sarcasm:

lol right. what did that game add besides the picture mode. that was a laughable comment.

anyways on topic. I think the game will feel and look extremely different in some place. especially because of the new foliage system. imagine standing on the grassless hills near the vinewood hills area but instead of being barren, its full of tall blades of grass and bushes. it will be almost unrecognizable. it will also make a lot of places in the game feel like forest(palomino highlands for example).

also it seems that they will be changing up some buildings and props in the game. the gif below for example. they have added an entire 2nd floor and some shrubs to that building in the top right corner. also that faint looking grass in front of trevor is now a thick and full.

Yooo7Or.gif

JPEG

PS3 http://i.imgur.com/pfm1RD7.jpg

PS4 http://i.imgur.com/e5tHiSR.jpg

I think this scene gives a really good taste of just how different the remastered V will be.

(BTW didn't make the gif)

I cant wait! So excited!! :D

Edited by dyz

theworldfamous

For me it'll feel a lot better, assuming it has a smoother frame rate. Twice the resolution means detail is going to resolve better off into the distance.

Obviously, in terms of content its going to be very similar to V as it is now. I expect a few minor tweaks. I'm curious about the improved damage and AI.

Car damage is pretty advanced on last gen already. Just try beating up a car and you'll see it bend and dent in all the right places. Windows shatter exactly where you shoot them. It's pretty impressive, well beyond what IV had. But for some reason (performance probably) it just doesn't have a dramatic impact when you crash a car. Almost like they turned it down (eg where normally impact would be transmitted 1:1 it's now more like 0.2:1)

AI, I like the aggressive cops...police where too often pushovers in GTA, so you'd have to get to 4 stars for any action to kick off. V manages to turn some 2 star chases into pretty tense affairs. But the police is too often too obviously attached to your bumper, or they just drive in front of you and mimick your moves. It's annoying because it makes it impossible to evade the cops with driving skill alone.

I also hope that with the new foliage it's easier to hide. It's apparently possible to hide in bushes but I only got that to work once. Even then it was doubtful whether it was my hiding that did the trick or the cops gave up by themselves.

Its also annoying that peds will call the cops on you just for standing in front of them. The window to avoid it is too small.

These tweaks alone would make the game feel better to me.

The other is more (and more varied) traffic and peds on the street. I hope we can by now finally avoid those empty streets or the one type of car spawning everywhere that's been plaguing every GTA since III. V can have it quite bad if you switch characters and do mission a lot.