2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

2. Support

3. Suggestions

*DO NOT* SHARE MEDIA OR LINKS TO LEAKED COPYRIGHTED MATERIAL. Discussion is allowed.

How Different Will Gta V Feel On The New Gen

zuckmeslow

How different do you think this game will feel?

Will it feel new and fresh or old but shiny

Rockstar said there will be new songs, better damage (most likely all physics will be improved). We have seen the graphics, the vegetation and the new animals.

Hopefully with the improved graphics we will get improved atmosphere with better sound design, better night time, better npcs.

Hopefully driving is different, maybe cars that actually bounce with realistic suspension. And hopefully the game world comes alive with the new technology.

The game will obviously look different, but i just hope it will feel different.

GTA V Is On PC

All I want is better car physics. That will make the game feel like a brand new game for me.

Edited by GtaV Is Coming To Pc
  • Like 2

Been wondering this too

I'm thinking (hoping) the gameplay will feel smoother compared to last gen versions

• Like 1

Lethal Vaccine

I'd laugh when people find it's basically the same thing as on PS3/360, with updated graphics, etc. Right now it feels lifeless and scripted. How will it change? A couple more peds walking around saying f*ck me in the ass? Or maybe a few more deer you run over? How bout a handful more cars on the highways? That surely won't make it more alive.

All the reasons I never fell into this whole Next Gen nonsense. Others will be disappointed, I won't. V the way it is now, will always be how V is for me.

• Like 8

I'd laugh when people find it's basically the same thing as on PS3/360, with updated graphics, etc. Right now it feels lifeless and scripted. How will it change? A couple more peds walking around saying f*ck me in the ass? Or maybe a few more deer you run over? How bout a handful more cars on the highways? That surely won't make it more alive.

All the reasons I never fell into this whole Next Gen nonsense. Others will be disappointed, I won't. V the way it is now, will always be how V is for me.

I really hope thats not how it is.

Lethal Vaccine

I really hope thats not how it is.

I personally don't give a f*ck, because I refuse to buy any of this anymore and bearly game in general anymore due to my life starting with a job, etc. But I agree, I hope you guys get what you want. But I doubt it, really... :/

GTA5 (PS4 and X1)

-Greater Draw Distances

-Enhanced Graphics and Visuals

-Enhanced textures and Foliage system i.e.blades of grasses,colourful and varied backs

-New Wildlife i.e.Cats,Whales,Hammerhead Sharks etc.

-Denser Traffics i.e.Peds and Vehicles

-Upgraded Weather and Damage Effects

-New Vehicles

-100 New Songs

-Arrays of New Details and Much More to Discover

GTAO (PS4 and X1)

-30 players

-Returning Old Dlcs and Newer Ones

-Animals

-Much More

This is a Remaster Game,but it blows any other Remastered Games or games out this year.

GTA5 (PC, PS4 and X1)

-Greater Draw Distances

-Enhanced textures and Foliage system i.e.blades of grasses,colourful and varied backs

-New Vehicles

-100 New Songs

GTAO (PC, PS4 and X1)

-30 players

-Animals

-Much More

This is a Remaster Game,but it blows any other Remastered Games or games out this year.

Fixed.

TheTechPoTaToCHIP

Been wondering this too

I'm thinking (hoping) the gameplay will feel smoother compared to last gen versions

Dude, it's a remaster. (Which is basically a glorified port with better graphics and new stuff) They won't change the physics or the gameplay since the game is already how it's supposed to be (gameplay wise) They might change how the game feels but they won't change how it plays.

• Like 1

Will the cops stop spawning eveywhere or will they actually drive to my location? only time will tell

• Like 3

Lethal Vaccine

^^^^

Lol, yeah, the game is a scripted mess. Surely, only time will tell...But I honestly doubt it.

The only thing I want different with the physics is the suspension. Right now if I am driving and I hit a bump in the road like a curb or a person, the tires don't "roll" over the bump, they just magically teleport up on top of it in a very unnatural way. This is the one area I truly believe IV did better than V in car physics. It almost seems as if the last gen version has a less intricate suspension model for vehicles, so I'm hoping this is something they upgraded in the NG/PC port.

GTA5 (PS4 and X1)

-Greater Draw Distances

-New Vehicles

-100 New Songs

GTAO (PS4 and X1)

-30 players

-Animals

-Much More

Wow no custom music on that list lame!

I want it to be as it is currently. I really hope they won`t revert back to GTA4, handling was horrible in it. I don`t know what people liked about it. Cars felt like boats on wheels. Suspensions were loosy and a slightest turn made the car fell like it`s about to barrel roll.

I want it to be as it is currently. I really hope they won`t revert back to GTA4, handling was horrible in it. I don`t know what people liked about it. Cars felt like boats on wheels. Suspensions were loosy and a slightest turn made the car fell like it`s about to barrel roll.

Cars handle like a dream if you know how to brake.

• Like 2

Lethal Vaccine

This ^^^^

When I was doing my second playthrough to 100% in IV this past month, then returned to V for the first time since April, I was just like OMG, what the f*ck?! Motorcycles are so funny. 200 MPH, 90 degree turn? Sure why not? V's vehicle physics are absolutely terrible. People associate V as "arcade" physics, like 3D Era. But even 3D Era I prefer over V. All GTA games don't bother me, except V.

Edited by Militia

It won't come close to blowing away TLOU Remastered

• Like 2

Im still trying to figure out how more peds, animals and cars can't make the game more alive....interesting.

Also, how can you say it will always feel like now when there's still no DLC???

This ^^^^

When I was doing my second playthrough to 100% in IV this past month, then returned to V for the first time since April, I was just like OMG, what the f*ck?! Motorcycles are so funny. 200 MPH, 90 degree turn? Sure why not? V's vehicle physics are absolutely terrible. People associate V as "arcade" physics, like 3D Era. But even 3D Era I prefer over V. All GTA games don't bother me, except V.

I was actually referring to V. I enjoyed the driving in each though.

Lethal Vaccine

I can't explain that, tbh. V right now feels "artificial" which again, is difficult to explain, but I know others who share the same opinion know what I am talking about. I don't see how it wouldn't still feel like this with some more animals, cars, and peds walking around, etc. For instance, I don't consider IV to be more alive just cuz there is dozens of peds around every corner. However, IV has this strange magic and ambient noises all around you and it feels amazing...V doesn't have this. Better graphics won't change that, either...There is this lifeless feeling for V I have, and I know others feel the same, too.

Eh, when that "big" DLC comes out, I'll have moved on already, tbh. I am not even anticipating it anymore. As I said, I am not even that big of a gamer, to begin with. I surely love my GTA games and going for 100% and collecting vehicles from missions with special properties, but with V all the magic has disappeared and I highly, highly doubt a Next Gen Remaster will change my mind...

This ^^^^

I was actually referring to V. I enjoyed the driving in each though.

Oh, hmmm...Cuz in V I barely have to even use the brakes to turn, in IV it's a MUST or you'll run into the wall...

im still not sure on this, theres only two games i want on the ps4, gta and the crew, if gta isnt better then i wont be buying a ps4 or the crew, and will just buy gran turismo instead

my biggest concern will be online, can the online play/character(s) be changed over?

The only problem i have is i already paid them about 90,- EUR for a special edition on 360, now i have to pay around 70,- EUR again for the same game just "fixed and final" ? That is really bad, they should give a discount to people already owning the game on one of the two consoles.

The trailer did not attract me too much to be honest, i already know the story, map and random events (100% statistic) so why would people consider to buy it once again just for a updated graphic and some updated physics ? Is it really worth a full price game again just because of that ?

I love Grand Theft Auto and all but, i don't know.. I feel like wasting time and money going that road.

• Like 1

Trevorphilipjfry

That's how I always felt too,don't mean it in a bad way. If youdont like V don't ruin it for everyone else and their hopes, just because you have a problem with it, you're like the kid who tells others Santa isn't real.I don't like IV, but I don't sh*t on them forums. Don't intend to sound like a knob, but your just raining in everyone elses parade.

Have fun, and hope you 100% the other GTAs

I have no idea what just happened in here, but please, get back on topic. Discuss how different the game will feel on next-gen, and not other forum members.

• Like 1

Lethal Vaccine

That's what I meant by above. Someone like me, OG, Osho and the next guy, will say something, and then people will literally drop down in tears because of someone's opinion being opposite of theres...

I don't like V, and don't think NG Version will make a difference. DEAL WITH IT.

Edited by Militia

S1N0D3UTSCHT3K

New car damage, damage effects, bullet effects, etc could make gunplay even more fun :)

So that could make it feel much better.

It should make car chases cooler, too.

A more stable, maybe locked or higher, frame rate will make panning the camera, seeing small details in the distance, and in general improve high-paced or frantic action as well. Especially if you play on PC at 60 FPS.

So in general it should feel better.

I need to seriously make a montage of motorcycles having the rear tire completely slip out and slide all over the place doing 30 mph in GTA IV, and spam caption text all over it like "HYPER REALISTIC DRIVING SIMULATOR" etc.

People who think IV driving is realistic (or more realistic than V's) need to hit 18 and get their license already.

It won't come close to blowing away TLOU Remastered

Okay if you say so

:sarcasm:

• Like 1

this isnt a£40 buy for me, its a £400 buy, its got to be worth it, can rockstar garranty that?