2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

2. Support

3. Suggestions

GTAForums does NOT endorse or allow any kind of GTA Online modding, mod menus, tools or account selling/hacking. Do NOT post them here or advertise them, as per the forum rules.
*DO NOT* SHARE MEDIA OR LINKS TO LEAKED COPYRIGHTED MATERIAL. Discussion is allowed.

After the NG release announcement, which side of the fence are you on?

blk95ta

Which side are you on  

624 members have voted

1. 1. Are you happy for the next gen announcement?

• Hell yes! 1080p, better graphics, more players, exclusive stuff
    • Hell no! i already bought the game and i don't feel like buying a new system and game.

I'm curious. There seems to be a divide now among those people who are excited for GTA V to come out for PS4, XB1, and PC and those who feel like they are getting screwed out of exclusive content that should have been in the game from the beginning and aren't going to pay R* for exclusive cars and stuff that we should have gotten all along...

which side are you on?

I'm curious. There seems to be a divide now among those people who are excited for GTA V to come out for PS4, XB1, and PC and those who feel like they are getting screwed out of exclusive content that should have been in the game from the beginning and aren't going to pay R* for exclusive cars and stuff that we should have gotten all along...

which side are you on?

well... I mean I am excited about it coming to Xbox One, but I also feel like we're getting screwed a bit. So, uh, both I guess. Mostly I wish there was a deep discount for those going from old -> new, but that's not happening. I'll be buying it again though. sh*t, I just spent $1000 for new tires for my van, which brings me exactly zero enjoyment. At least the $60 for the game is fun.

• Like 2

"So after today's announcement, which side of the fence are you on?"

When making a thread about an announcement, it really helps to, you know, tell us what the announcement is.

You expect me to go find out myself? I just want to answer your thread. Tell me the announcement in the opening post and I could have done that for you.

I was gonna get it for PC anyway no matter what, so the fact that this version is a completely new one developed parallel to the old PS3/360 one is more than I could ever expect.

The PS3 wasn't capable enough. I literally destroyed my laser. (I've said this too many times.) It's been the game that messed up other peoples systems too. Mine isn't even the Foreman grill, with spiderman font.

Not only that the glitches, and DC'ing, and other things I don't have time to rattle on about.

The game having better draw distance, and more music alone would have warranted a purchase. I said until I know what I'm getting I'm not going to preorder. Well I did RIGHT after seeing the thread posted about the release date.

I already have a PS4 with no games still in box NEVER opened. I'm happy it's going to get some use.

I purchased my ps4 months ago for this game. Hell I purchased my 360 back in the day for IV... After it RROD, I went back to sony,(No additional price to play online...) as I've been with them since they announced they were gunna do a disc based system for the nintendo.

Unless money is an issue I don't know why anyone that is a fan of the game wouldn't wanna upgrade. It's similar to the whole San Andreas on Ps2 compared to Xbox... Only this time there is a difference between the games besides grafix.

Those that are acting like this is the first time Rockstar did this?

Baka...

I never planned on buying it on either console before, but after seeing today's PS4 trailer and the "exclusives" on new-gen... it was a little underwhelming. Maybe I'll pick up the PC version if it has a good modding community and if it's not a cheap port (the past two trailers being played on the PS4 make me a little worried in that regard...), but other than that, I'll be sticking with what I've got now.

Edited by WinkingSkeever6
  • Like 1

Hell no! i already bought the game and i don't feel like buying a new system and game

New console = new exculsive games, I never look back.

Edited by cjdavies

JohnDoe7125539271

My brother is going to buy it again, i'll not. Enjoy your 3D grass & animals, its your money, not mine. Funny thing, he actually played it barely, is still around level 60, and had it since release.

I won't be able to afford the PS4 yet, too damn expensive in my country.

• Like 1

My brother is going to buy it again, i'll not. Enjoy your 3D grass & animals, its your money, not mine. Funny thing, he actually played it barely, is still around level 60, and had it since release.

Play his to see what you're missing. Win situation. You don't have to waste that 60 bucks you need.

(I save money too, I replaced my laser, as opposed to buying a new ps3.)

"So after today's announcement, which side of the fence are you on?"

When making a thread about an announcement, it really helps to, you know, tell us what the announcement is.

You expect me to go find out myself? I just want to answer your thread. Tell me the announcement in the opening post and I could have done that for you.

Seriously? look around. It's all over the board....there are stickies at the top. Everyone else knows i was referring to the release date of next gen GTA V.

• Like 2

Play his to see what you're missing. Win situation. You don't have to waste that 60 bucks you need.

(I save money too, I replaced my laser, as opposed to buying a new ps3.)

Your poll question is a Hobson's choice, because as far as I see it, if you want to continue playing with any kind of quality your going to HAVE to convert, since it stands to reason that folks are going to go over to the next gen side of the fence.

I think the idea of exclusives for next gen is crap, which by extension is treating the people who bought last gen like crap.

Updated graphics and physics is fine, I expect that for next gen, but having exclusive content only for next gen, no.

Plus the fact that Heists are more then likely going to be next gen, which means R* will be official guilty of false advertising, and before you argue it's not, when they made the statements the public was unaware of the next gen version which as far as fair business laws are concerned is considered a SEPARATE PRODUCT. So I don't want to hear arguments for, well they are going to deliver all their promises on the NEXT gen version so it counts. No, GTA V for PS3/Xbox 360 is a SEPARATE product then GTA V for XB1/PS4/PC, especially since the next gen version will costs $59.99 and up.

So I'm angry for the folks who either can't or don't want to upgrade to GTAV for next gen. It's unfair for them and I feel for them.

So because of the nature of the choice, Yes I will be upgrading because I want to continue to play, I don't appreciate being maneuvered into it though.

• Like 8

Charles_Lee_Raye

I already payed for it as soon as you were able to.

I ask this question to people who wont buy it for monetary reasons.

Is there any other game or product for that matter that costs 60 $ and will provide you with enjoyment for as long as a gta title will?? If yes please let me know.

I have never spent 60 $ on anything my entire life that has brought me more use and enjoyment for the price.

I spend 60 $ at a bar in one night or a bag of weed that lasts a few days. Or one tank of gas that lasts me a week or two. Please tell me what your 60 $ is going to get you and how long it will last you.

You would be stupid to keep playing on what, almost 9 year old hardware? of course I am getting it again for new gen consoles.

Edited by NoSignal666

Your poll question is a Hobson's choice, because as far as I see it, if you want to continue playing with any kind of quality your going to HAVE to convert, since it stands to reason that folks are going to go over to the next gen side of the fence.

I think the idea of exclusives for next gen is crap, which by extension is treating the people who bought last gen like crap.

Updated graphics and physics is fine, I expect that for next gen, but having exclusive content only for next gen, no.

Plus the fact that Heists are more then likely going to be next gen, which means R* will be official guilty of false advertising, and before you argue it's not, when they made the statements the public was unaware of the next gen version which as far as fair business laws are concerned is considered a SEPARATE PRODUCT. So I don't want to hear arguments for, well they are going to deliver all their promises on the NEXT gen version so it counts. No, GTA V for PS3/Xbox 360 is a SEPARATE product then GTA V for XB1/PS4/PC, especially since the next gen version will costs $59.99 and up.

So I'm angry for the folks who either can't or don't want to upgrade to GTAV for next gen. It's unfair for them and I feel for them.

So because of the nature of the choice, Yes I will be upgrading because I want to continue to play, I don't appreciate being maneuvered into it though.

As someone who doesn't have the $500 to drop on a new system, I do feel jipped by rockstar right now. They know people want the Dukes, so they add it, for next gen only?!?! seriously guys, not everyone has the money to run out and buy a new system at full retail and then rebuy a game.

• Like 2

what exclusive content

From R* Newswire

(I underlined the important stuff)

"Grand Theft Auto V for PlayStation 4, Xbox One and PC will feature a range of major visual and technical upgrades to make Los Santos and Blaine County more immersive than ever. In addition to increased draw distances and higher resolution, players can expect a range of additions and improvements including:

- New weapons, vehicles and activities
- Additional wildlife
- Denser traffic
- New foliage system
- Enhanced damage and weather effects, and much more

Grand Theft Auto V for PlayStation 4, Xbox One and PC will also feature enhanced radio selections with over 100 additional new songs and new DJ mixes from returning DJs across the game’s 17 radio stations.

All players who pre-order the game will get $1,000,000 in-game bonus cash to spend across Grand Theft Auto V and Grand Theft Auto Online (GTA$500K each for your Story Mode and for your GTA Online in-game bank accounts).

A host of new, exclusive content also awaits for players returning from the PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360 versions including rare versions of classic vehicles to collect from across the Grand Theft Auto series such as the Dukes, the Dodo Seaplane and a faster, more maneuverable Blimp; activities including wildlife photography and new shooting range challenges, new weapons and more.

Enhancements to Grand Theft Auto Online include an increased player count, with online play now for up to 30 players on PlayStation 4 and Xbox One. All existing gameplay upgrades and Rockstar-created content released since the launch of Grand Theft Auto Online will also be available for the PlayStation 4, Xbox One and PC with much more to come."

Edited by NoSignal666

I reaaallly can't tell... I bought the CE for PS3 first but it kind of gets on my nerves that I need to buy a new 450 bucks console to buy GTA V another time just to have better graphics and more content (Dukes and Dodo, hell yeah) so I can't really tell on which side I am...

You would be stupid to keep playing on what, almost 9 year old hardware? of course I am getting it again for new gen consoles.

If R* provides me with a next gen console, i will buy GTA V again.

i guess i could buy it on my PC but it didn't run IV that great back in 2008. It's an amd socket 939 x2 4400 with 2.5gb of ram, win xp, and an 8800GT graphics card. it's mainly used for old video game emulation now.

Edited by blk95ta

I went out and bought the newest iteration of Hasbro's Monopoly board game.

Boy, it was fun and we spent so many hours playing it. Park Place, hotels, money... good times.

But then, they announced they were releasing the Spongebob Monopoly version.

I was bummed out, because I already spent money on the game.

Still, this new one has Patrick, Mr. Crabs, and even Pearl! It has Pineapple houses and you can buy Sandy's house! Wow! Outta control!!

So, do I ditch the one I have, which is still a bunch of fun and worth every penny I paid, or do I go for the new one that has Squidward on the $1 bill?

Short answer: I'll keep playing GTA5 on my Xbox 360, thank you.

And truth be known, I was just joking about the Spongebob Monopoly game... but then I found this. O.M.G.

spongebob-monopoly.jpg

I was going to purchase it, it was just a matter of "when" as I was unconvinced - until today that is. ;)

L8m1zfV.png

Jazzy the Dutchess

There needs to be an indifferent poll option. I'm glad it's going on next gen, but I wish they would keep the amount of players in lobby the same. Because of player increase that means even less npc traffic on streets. :-(

I'm glad to see more animals. Now my player can finally get the cat she always wanted. ^_^

Regardless of all of this though I won't be upgrading to the PS4 till late Spring/Summer of next year. I don't want to say goodbye to my PS3 friends just yet.

• Like 1

what exclusive content

From R* Newswire

"Grand Theft Auto V for PlayStation 4, Xbox One and PC will feature a range of major visual and technical upgrades to make Los Santos and Blaine County more immersive than ever. In addition to increased draw distances and higher resolution, players can expect a range of additions and improvements including:

- New weapons, vehicles and activities

- Additional wildlife

- Denser traffic

- New foliage system

- Enhanced damage and weather effects, and much more

Grand Theft Auto V for PlayStation 4, Xbox One and PC will also feature enhanced radio selections with over 100 additional new songs and new DJ mixes from returning DJs across the game’s 17 radio stations.

All players who pre-order the game will get $1,000,000 in-game bonus cash to spend across Grand Theft Auto V and Grand Theft Auto Online (GTA$500K each for your Story Mode and for your GTA Online in-game bank accounts).

A host of new, exclusive content also awaits for players returning from the PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360 versions including rare versions of classic vehicles to collect from across the Grand Theft Auto series such as the Dukes, the Dodo Seaplane and a faster, more maneuverable Blimp; activities including wildlife photography and new shooting range challenges, new weapons and more.

Enhancements to Grand Theft Auto Online include an increased player count, with online play now for up to 30 players on PlayStation 4 and Xbox One. All existing gameplay upgrades and Rockstar-created content released since the launch of Grand Theft Auto Online will also be available for the PlayStation 4, Xbox One and PC with much more to come."

You just listed it, ALL OF THAT you JUST wrote, does it say ANYWHERE in that paragraph that 360/PS3 versions are getting that? No I keep seeing the word exclusive and no mention of the previous gen versions.

What part of this are you not understanding??

• Like 1