GTAForums does NOT endorse or allow any kind of GTA Online modding, mod menus, tools or account selling/hacking. Do NOT post them here or advertise them, as per the forum rules.

1080p 60fps: do you care or not?

dudclub55

Screw 60fps, if they made it 60fps, it would probably drop to the 30s and that would be noticeable and frustrating. A stable 30fps frame-rate that never drops below 27fps, would be a lot better. 60fps on consoles is just meh, and GTAV would probably look identical to the LG version, if they want to achieve constant 60fps, the only new features would be 1080p and higher res textures, the rest would stay the same.

4k rolling out, newer consoles struggling to do 1080p, in 2014. lol.

• Like 2

I have been playing on 480i on my xbox 360 for years, Only recently worked out I could change it to 720p and I don't notice any difference on gta 5 apart from the writing is a little bit smaller and harder to read. fps are the only important thing to me, I couldn't give a crap about resolution since my tv is only 30 inches big.

V HoneyBadger V

This has to be the largest pile of crap I have ever read. I am very sure that you would not dominate me. Just because you have a keyboard and mouse does not mean you can kick someone's ass. Preference does not equal superiority.

In free aim I'd say he's probably correct, well close to it.

I've never seen somebody aim in free aim remotely close to what I can do with a mouse and I'm not even a pro.

For GTA with traditional aim, I much much prefer a console controller, but PC free aim will be pretty damn intense.

yup exactly, pc doesnt even have auto aim setting which is why controllers suck asscrack on a pc for first person shooters and the crappy controller abilities is the only reason consoles have autoaim also. No casual gamer likes free aim with a console controller cause they suck and take a long time to get good with and casual gamers dont play for long times. I dont actually use any scripted programmable keys cause i dont play any games that would benefit from them, but there are games out there that do. It might be a stretch that the noobiest noob would dominate the best console control user in the world, but your average pc gamer would do so easily and average pc gamer vs average console gamer wouldnt even be fair. i am/was pretty close to the top skill level in pc games back when i played hardcore and always finished at the top of the list anywhere from 1-5th out of 64 players unless i was just f*cking around not trying for first place. The last pc game i really played is battlefield 3 so Im not currently at the top of my game but I guarantee if honeybadger hooks a ps or xbox controller up to a pc and plays vs me in a first person shooter that i would send him crying home to his mommy, lol!

Its not a preference, its a fact. keyboard/mouse combo can push more buttons faster and is 100X faster and more accurate while aiming, its not even disputable and id happily play and dominate vs any dumbass who thinks a console controller is better for any amount of money they wish to dontate to me. I know this as fact because I used to be one of you dumbasses who thought that until i actually did it and got dominated, lol! It sounds like a good idea at first but its not even close to being as good for first person shooter type game, they are good enough for some less complex games that dont require high levels of speed/accuracy and dont have so many actions that make the controllers need to access menus in order to utilize them. The only good thing about them on consoles is that everyones stuck using them and games are dumbed down with less functions in the first place due to lack of processing ability and lack of controller buttons to utilize any more functions. Battlefield on the PC is twice the game it is on a console with far more things you can do and customize

Just think about it for two seconds, speed and accuracy are very important for pvp combat correct? You see them first, you shoot them first with the right gun, you win. Pretty simple concept. now if youve ever played such games you know there multiple weapons for multiple situations and if you need to switch from your shotgun to a rifle to sniper or whatever it doesnt take a rocket scientist to realize that the faster youre able to do this the better your chance of winning is right? You understand that? Now lets say you have armor or health recharge packs you can utilize to boost your stats with. Think about how you can go about doing this in a situation where someone, or multiple someones are shooting at you, here again speed of utilizing the feature is of paramount importance.

For example in GTA online with console controller you have to hold select for like 3-5 SECONDS to get the MENU to show up, and then you have to navigate to INVENTORY then SNACKS then METEORITE and then hit a button to use it, takes a long f*cking time right? Also while youre doing all this retarded menu navigation your thumb isnt on the stick and youre standing still and whats the first rule of pvp combat? Always keep moving! You stand still, you die. Not to mention that while the menu is active the function of the buttons change to navigate the menu and the useful functions such as expanding map radar to see where people are at, changing your weapons and everything else those buttons do is not available for use so while youre standing there around a corner with a sniper rifle or whatever for 5-10 seconds dickin around trying to eat a candybar and all of a sudden the enemy comes running around the corner you cant move or change your gun so you die!

Now picture same scenario except your recently enlightened ass is now using a keyboard/mouse there is no menu and you can put your candy bar on any f*cking button you want that is most convenient for you so when someone comes running around the corner you arent standing there unable to use half your functions like a dumbass using a console controller and you kill him instead of dying! Depending on the game as to what actions there are and how you play it works better on either the keyboard or mouse, keyboard controls movement forward back sideways which as we recall from the first rule of pvp combat is very important. However with a keyboard, unlike a controller where you use 1 thumb that also has to control 5 other buttons and is the only finger available to do so, you have 3 fingers with which you control various directions of movement which seems dumb at first(I want my console controller back) but in reality is much better cause all of those fingers have multiple other buttons which they can reach to perform other functions while not forcing you to stop moving completely to utilize like controller does. This of course means that you never have to stop moving(rule number 1) and can still easily perform a multitude of other functions which is impossible to do with a console controller, see what Im getting at there? do you understand? Its not a preference if you want to win, its a simple undeniable fact.

Adjustable sensitivity may or may not be useful depending on the game and what you can do in said game but adjusting sensitivity levels and setting them properly is very important., most pc games have multiple sensitivities in the options you can adjust so most people dont even use the ones on the mouse, they are just a bonus for pro gamers to help them tweak speed/accuracy even more and fine tune it to the best possible. Or games like GTA that only have 2 settings but should have more. you must have separate aiming sensitivities for guns that are used for different ranges if you wanna be good. Why does everyone cry and bitch like little girls when you use the sniper in gta? cause there is only one aim sensitivity and you cannot be good at both rifles and and snipers on a sh*tty console controller especially because the range of motion on the stick is to small and they are all set for up close action unable to get kills with the sniper very good, you simply dont have enough room to be able to be fast enough and slow enough to snipe long distance and move quick if they are up close, its impossible. You can favor the sniper but then youre too slow to catch them up close. you can favor them up close but then the sniper moves to far too fast and it jumps 8 head widths with barely a press which as you can maybe guess makes it pretty f*cking hard to get a headshot fast, understand that?

A mouse is much better being faster and more accurate so its much less problem in the first place and having a button to adjust it on the fly is great for games without good sensitivity settings such as GTA online for example. You can move a mouse farther and its speed is in relation to how fast youre moving it instead of a console which moves faster the farther u push it which it has to do since you cant push it very far. this means when sensitivity is high so you can move fast enough to catch them running to your side that it moves pretty far/fast at the pressure point where it first starts moving which is too far/fast to zero in on the headshot while sniping. Other more balanced optimized consoles games counter this by slowing down automatically while looking through a scope and having another sensitivity setting for it but rockstar isnt that smart, though i think they did slow it down a tad in one of the updates but they really need a separate sensitivity setting for it if they did, im unsure cause my whole game slowed down and its been a long time, it feels a little different, not enough though. GTA is/has always been single player and set up for that the best which makes a multitude of problems in multiplayer. Although they could fix a lot of them simply by changing the controls and adding more sensitivity levels and im surprised they havent after a year of people bitching at them how much it sucks, lol!

Ok, I've tried to analyse what you have said in a respectful way, but there is no point trying to argue with a cocky elitist who thinks that PC gamers are instantly more skilled than a console player. I've seen you post some daft stuff on here but this takes the crown.

Keyboard and mouse being better than a controller is not a fact, it is based on opinion and experience. No matter how much you want to repeat otherwise, it is still an opinion.

Yes, PC has a lot more flexibility, but a PC priced at the same amount of a console is sh*t. A PC has to be almost triple the price to get the same and better performance while being stable. Hydro coolers, heat sinks, fans etc. for the processors and other things.

Skill levels are based on reactions, mechanical ability and intelligence, not how many hot keys and buttons you have on your mouse or keyboard. Stop making bullsh*t claims that are nothing more than opinions.

If keyboard and mouse is so good, then why do some military forces use Xbox controllers to fly their drones. Oh yeah, that's right, because it is more natural and easier to use.

I will agree on one thing though. The only reason PC players would more than likely beat console players on GTA is because free aim is terrible on GTA. The sniper rifle moves horribly when trying to aim. It doesn't feel fluid like Halo or Call of Duty. It feels static and useless. More often than not I will lead the target and wait for it to pass the crosshairs as opposed to following it.

Secondly, auto aim is pretty much the only thing that exists on the game as we don't have an option to easily switch to a free aim lobby.

Anyway, I like PCs for single player open world games like Skyrim, but multiplayer for me has to be console. RTS and MOBA is clearly better on PC, but FPS and the rest wins on console personally.

I think that we should agree to disagree because this isn't going anywhere.

• Like 2

This has to be the largest pile of crap I have ever read. I am very sure that you would not dominate me. Just because you have a keyboard and mouse does not mean you can kick someone's ass. Preference does not equal superiority.

I've never seen somebody aim in free aim remotely close to what I can do with a mouse and I'm not even a pro.

For GTA with traditional aim, I much much prefer a console controller, but PC free aim will be pretty damn intense.

yup exactly, pc doesnt even have auto aim setting which is why controllers suck asscrack on a pc for first person shooters and the crappy controller abilities is the only reason consoles have autoaim also. No casual gamer likes free aim with a console controller cause they suck and take a long time to get good with and casual gamers dont play for long times. I dont actually use any scripted programmable keys cause i dont play any games that would benefit from them, but there are games out there that do. It might be a stretch that the noobiest noob would dominate the best console control user in the world, but your average pc gamer would do so easily and average pc gamer vs average console gamer wouldnt even be fair. i am/was pretty close to the top skill level in pc games back when i played hardcore and always finished at the top of the list anywhere from 1-5th out of 64 players unless i was just f*cking around not trying for first place. The last pc game i really played is battlefield 3 so Im not currently at the top of my game but I guarantee if honeybadger hooks a ps or xbox controller up to a pc and plays vs me in a first person shooter that i would send him crying home to his mommy, lol!

Its not a preference, its a fact. keyboard/mouse combo can push more buttons faster and is 100X faster and more accurate while aiming, its not even disputable and id happily play and dominate vs any dumbass who thinks a console controller is better for any amount of money they wish to dontate to me. I know this as fact because I used to be one of you dumbasses who thought that until i actually did it and got dominated, lol! It sounds like a good idea at first but its not even close to being as good for first person shooter type game, they are good enough for some less complex games that dont require high levels of speed/accuracy and dont have so many actions that make the controllers need to access menus in order to utilize them. The only good thing about them on consoles is that everyones stuck using them and games are dumbed down with less functions in the first place due to lack of processing ability and lack of controller buttons to utilize any more functions. Battlefield on the PC is twice the game it is on a console with far more things you can do and customize

Just think about it for two seconds, speed and accuracy are very important for pvp combat correct? You see them first, you shoot them first with the right gun, you win. Pretty simple concept. now if youve ever played such games you know there multiple weapons for multiple situations and if you need to switch from your shotgun to a rifle to sniper or whatever it doesnt take a rocket scientist to realize that the faster youre able to do this the better your chance of winning is right? You understand that? Now lets say you have armor or health recharge packs you can utilize to boost your stats with. Think about how you can go about doing this in a situation where someone, or multiple someones are shooting at you, here again speed of utilizing the feature is of paramount importance.

For example in GTA online with console controller you have to hold select for like 3-5 SECONDS to get the MENU to show up, and then you have to navigate to INVENTORY then SNACKS then METEORITE and then hit a button to use it, takes a long f*cking time right? Also while youre doing all this retarded menu navigation your thumb isnt on the stick and youre standing still and whats the first rule of pvp combat? Always keep moving! You stand still, you die. Not to mention that while the menu is active the function of the buttons change to navigate the menu and the useful functions such as expanding map radar to see where people are at, changing your weapons and everything else those buttons do is not available for use so while youre standing there around a corner with a sniper rifle or whatever for 5-10 seconds dickin around trying to eat a candybar and all of a sudden the enemy comes running around the corner you cant move or change your gun so you die!

Now picture same scenario except your recently enlightened ass is now using a keyboard/mouse there is no menu and you can put your candy bar on any f*cking button you want that is most convenient for you so when someone comes running around the corner you arent standing there unable to use half your functions like a dumbass using a console controller and you kill him instead of dying! Depending on the game as to what actions there are and how you play it works better on either the keyboard or mouse, keyboard controls movement forward back sideways which as we recall from the first rule of pvp combat is very important. However with a keyboard, unlike a controller where you use 1 thumb that also has to control 5 other buttons and is the only finger available to do so, you have 3 fingers with which you control various directions of movement which seems dumb at first(I want my console controller back) but in reality is much better cause all of those fingers have multiple other buttons which they can reach to perform other functions while not forcing you to stop moving completely to utilize like controller does. This of course means that you never have to stop moving(rule number 1) and can still easily perform a multitude of other functions which is impossible to do with a console controller, see what Im getting at there? do you understand? Its not a preference if you want to win, its a simple undeniable fact.

Adjustable sensitivity may or may not be useful depending on the game and what you can do in said game but adjusting sensitivity levels and setting them properly is very important., most pc games have multiple sensitivities in the options you can adjust so most people dont even use the ones on the mouse, they are just a bonus for pro gamers to help them tweak speed/accuracy even more and fine tune it to the best possible. Or games like GTA that only have 2 settings but should have more. you must have separate aiming sensitivities for guns that are used for different ranges if you wanna be good. Why does everyone cry and bitch like little girls when you use the sniper in gta? cause there is only one aim sensitivity and you cannot be good at both rifles and and snipers on a sh*tty console controller especially because the range of motion on the stick is to small and they are all set for up close action unable to get kills with the sniper very good, you simply dont have enough room to be able to be fast enough and slow enough to snipe long distance and move quick if they are up close, its impossible. You can favor the sniper but then youre too slow to catch them up close. you can favor them up close but then the sniper moves to far too fast and it jumps 8 head widths with barely a press which as you can maybe guess makes it pretty f*cking hard to get a headshot fast, understand that?

A mouse is much better being faster and more accurate so its much less problem in the first place and having a button to adjust it on the fly is great for games without good sensitivity settings such as GTA online for example. You can move a mouse farther and its speed is in relation to how fast youre moving it instead of a console which moves faster the farther u push it which it has to do since you cant push it very far. this means when sensitivity is high so you can move fast enough to catch them running to your side that it moves pretty far/fast at the pressure point where it first starts moving which is too far/fast to zero in on the headshot while sniping. Other more balanced optimized consoles games counter this by slowing down automatically while looking through a scope and having another sensitivity setting for it but rockstar isnt that smart, though i think they did slow it down a tad in one of the updates but they really need a separate sensitivity setting for it if they did, im unsure cause my whole game slowed down and its been a long time, it feels a little different, not enough though. GTA is/has always been single player and set up for that the best which makes a multitude of problems in multiplayer. Although they could fix a lot of them simply by changing the controls and adding more sensitivity levels and im surprised they havent after a year of people bitching at them how much it sucks, lol!

Ok, I've tried to analyse what you have said in a respectful way, but there is no point trying to argue with a cocky elitist who thinks that PC gamers are instantly more skilled than a console player. I've seen you post some daft stuff on here but this takes the crown.

Keyboard and mouse being better than a controller is not a fact, it is based on opinion and experience. No matter how much you want to repeat otherwise, it is still an opinion.

Yes, PC has a lot more flexibility, but a PC priced at the same amount of a console is sh*t. A PC has to be almost triple the price to get the same and better performance while being stable. Hydro coolers, heat sinks, fans etc. for the processors and other things.

Skill levels are based on reactions, mechanical ability and intelligence, not how many hot keys and buttons you have on your mouse or keyboard. Stop making bullsh*t claims that are nothing more than opinions.

If keyboard and mouse is so good, then why do some military forces use Xbox controllers to fly their drones. Oh yeah, that's right, because it is more natural and easier to use.

I will agree on one thing though. The only reason PC players would more than likely beat console players on GTA is because free aim is terrible on GTA. The sniper rifle moves horribly when trying to aim. It doesn't feel fluid like Halo or Call of Duty. It feels static and useless. More often than not I will lead the target and wait for it to pass the crosshairs as opposed to following it.

Secondly, auto aim is pretty much the only thing that exists on the game as we don't have an option to easily switch to a free aim lobby.

Anyway, I like PCs for single player open world games like Skyrim, but multiplayer for me has to be console. RTS and MOBA is clearly better on PC, but FPS and the rest wins on console personally.

you can switch to free aim in story mode, then u go to free aim online, but it sucks cause the game is optimzed for auto aim.

what dont you understand about speed and accuracy being better? The faster guy always wins in pvp combat, and real life too for that matter, lol!

keyboard mouse is able to press more buttons faster and not lose control of other functions while doing so, thusly you can react to different needs much quicker than you can on a console dinking around in menus unable to move or change weapons that whole entire time. it only take 6-10 seconds but you know many people I can kill in 10 seconds? lots, especially if they are stuck in menus not shooting back, lol!

you can fully customize the controls so you can use whatever buttons you want for things like healthpacks and equip armor and even throwing a couple diff types of grenades by using different buttons for each one even so you dont have to drop your gun to chuck a grenade, much quicker, saves times and if you gotta shoot after throwing the grenade you can do so much faster where on console it takes longer cause youre in the menu again switching back to your gun unable to shoot and react, split seconds count.

they are more expensive yes, and thats why they are better. whats better the cheapest Mercedes they make or the most expensive? whats better, the expensive top grade of steak or the cheap low grade cut? Whats better, cheap vodka or the expensive vodka?

what part of that dont you understand?

Edited by sultangris

For the next-gen version, that is.

I think it'd be a crime if the PS4 version (dat GDDR5 RAM) didn't run at NATIVE 1080p and at 60 FPS.

It'll be 1080p for sure. But I seriously doubt that it'll run at 60 FPS. Note that PS4 uses an either botched 7870, or a 7850 on steroid. Also note that PS4's CPU is rather weak (8-core means almost nothing as it runs at 1.6 GHz).

30 FPS is rather enough for GTA and any other open-world games. 60 FPS is only necessary on FPS'.

i thought the graphics looked good on my ps3 and when i heard the graphics for ps4 xbox1 it will look better, that will be amazing but no lag and framerate at 60 will be good if it is at 60 but i dont have xbox 1 or ps4

I think it'd be a crime if the PS4 version (dat GDDR5 RAM) didn't run at NATIVE 1080p and at 60 FPS.

It'll be 1080p for sure. But I seriously doubt that it'll run at 60 FPS. Note that PS4 uses an either botched 7870, or a 7850 on steroid. Also note that PS4's CPU is rather weak (8-core means almost nothing as it runs at 1.6 GHz).

30 FPS is rather enough for GTA and any other open-world games. 60 FPS is only necessary on FPS'.

It actually can mean a lot if the software is written to use all 8 cores, thats like having 1 processor running at 12.8 GHz , lol

It actually can mean a lot if the software is written to use all 8 cores, thats like having 1 processor running at 12.8 GHz , lol

Nah, gigahertz almost mean nothing these-days. Keep in mind that PS4 basically uses a laptop APU (or tablet). The same applies to X1.

One thing that made PS4 and X1 performs like a mid-range PC is how HSA and GPGPU are implemented. Without it, games would've perform worse than last-gen.

Being strictly a console gamer, I never really experienced high frame rates or resolutions until I bought my PS4 along with a 50in Samsung 1080p, 120hz TV (upgraded from a 40in, 1080p, 60hz Sharp). I realize that while all the PS4 games I have played may not have been true 1080p and 60 fps, it has still been a huge difference over anything I experienced on the PS3. After playing Killzone Shadowfall for the first month or so of having the new console and then switching back to PS3 to play some Black Ops with friends, I felt like I was looking through a foggy window and playing in slow motion compared to Killzone's frame rate and resolution, I even felt that way switching from Infamous: Second Son (although there are some frame rate drops) to GTA V.

I never really fed into the graphics argument before, but after really experiencing it firsthand, I can tell you that for the current generation of games, a high frame rate and resolution is a must (even if they don't fully top out at 1080p/60hz). Even a game like Minecraft, I first played it on the PS4 for a week or so before picking up the PS3 version so I could play with friends and after the switch, I could immediately tell the difference in frame rate, the drop in speed threw me quite a bit off. I told my buddies about it and they thought I was on something for making graphical comments about a visually simple game like friggin Minecraft. lol

Even if GTA V for the PS4 and Xbox One isn't locked in at true 1080p/60fps, as long as I am experiencing the game at the same levels as games like Killzone: Shadowfall, NBA 2k15 (PS4) and The Last of us Remastered, I will be more than satisfied. I have yet to be disappointed visually by a PS4 game (minus the occasional speed drops in Infamous), so, I have faith that my copy of GTA V will look amazing. While the PS4 (and Xbox One) can't touch the power of certain PCs, the current gen of consoles are very capable of running a very slick version of GTA V...The Last of Us Remastered won me over and proved that to me.

Edited by BucNazT

Nah I still can enjoy a good game in a screen as small as game boy.

When a game is good then it is good. Screen is number 2.

Still, I'm aiming to have 60"-70" HDTV in my living room just for gaming.

Those TVs and monitors cost several thousand...

^What y'all two are saying is pretty much personal preference. Controller or mouse pad and key board, all on preference.

well maybe i guess, but my preference is better/faster/more efficient and will out perform the other one every single time, so is it really only preference? cause its not a maybe, its a 100% for sure it will. the only upside to the console controller is that everyone is equally handicapped so maybe it doesnt matter to you as much, especially if youve never used a pc, then you really wont even have a clue what youre missing, lol!

Every single time? A controller can outperform the M+KB in racers, fighting games, platformers, along with being equal in anything turn based and a lot of RPG games. Seriously, especially in racers, if we're strictly comparing the M+KB to controllers.

Sorry, but there are more than just shooters, and in the end, it all comes down to preference anyways. Besides, all the comments about M+KB being so much more effective than a controller are often highly exaggerated. I play with a controller on lots of PC games with XPADDER(which means ZERO assistance with the controller) and do just fine. In fact, most of the time, depending on the game, I do quite well.

Personally, as someone who games on the PS3, both Xbox consoles, AND a PC, I still prefer consoles. I just recently built another PC this month actually, but I still don't plan on buying any multiplatform games for it, except for maybe GTA5 eventually, for some modding. It is only really used for exclusives and RTS games(the one and only genre that I believe cannot be used in an effective and fun way with a controller).

As for this thread, I obviously want the highest possible quality. But say I have to choose between 720p, 60fps and 1080p, 30fps - I will ALWAYS prefer the 720p, 60fps. From my comments above, I'm sure you can tell, I don't care about the graphics of my games. I have played GTA4 on both Xbox 360 and PC. GTA4 on nearly max settings(it's not optimized very well, it should be at max), I don't have any more fun on it than I do on my 360. So I'm perfectly fine with a slightly worse looking game if it means better performance.

ALSO, and this is my opinion, but I think LOCKED 30fps is better than UNLOCKED 60fps that may keep dropping to 40. Even if it is always above 30, you still notice sudden drops in frame rate and it always gets annoying. It seems to be happening more and more in console games lately, with developers focusing more on graphics for good PR.

Edited by CReaper210

Well, I'll be happy with a nice smooth game with nice smooth graphics. I don't care what resolution or fps, just as long as it's better than it is now.

The shadows look like crap now, and I'm tired of the game lagging every time a car blows up.

GTA Master 007

I don't really care about graphics. I find a game more appealing to play when it has good gameplay and most of the time great gameplay can make crap graphics look good. Maybe that's the reason why I'm such a huge fan of the cod series. Unfortunately I'm not going to be getting a copy of the upgraded gta v since I don't see myself playing the game for more than 1 hour anymore, even at 60fps and 1080p, I don't think its worth me paying $600-700 because after 1200+ hours of playing time I think I'm done with this game. Now waiting for gta 6.

I think I'll wait for a year or two before investing in a new console. Can't really argue that this wouldn't interest me. GTA Online is so laggy with PS3, and the open world works sometimes and sometimes not. My PS3 is so old, that it is close to crashing all the time. Also the 1080p is clearly an improvement to the 720p, although the game is very good looking on the last gen consoles already. Since the content won't be much different, I won't be investing hundreds of euros in a same game. I only play GTA, so there is not much else use on that PS4 yet. But all you who are rocking with the new consoles, have fun!

...and probably the fps is even a more important factor on the gaming experience as has been pointed out already. Yet still it's still the same game, and I don't care even if it would change to a 3D super experience, I'm not upgrading yet.

Edited by Bolatsi

Those TVs and monitors cost several thousand...

And don't forget that 98% of all broadcast programs aren't even displayed at 1080p..... and most are at 480p or 720p.

Now waiting for gta 6.

See you in 3 to 5 years then, sir...godspeed.

That's optimistic... Probably more like 5-8

• Like 2

V HoneyBadger V

you can switch to free aim in story mode, then u go to free aim online, but it sucks cause the game is optimzed for auto aim.

what dont you understand about speed and accuracy being better? The faster guy always wins in pvp combat, and real life too for that matter, lol!

keyboard mouse is able to press more buttons faster and not lose control of other functions while doing so, thusly you can react to different needs much quicker than you can on a console dinking around in menus unable to move or change weapons that whole entire time. it only take 6-10 seconds but you know many people I can kill in 10 seconds? lots, especially if they are stuck in menus not shooting back, lol!

you can fully customize the controls so you can use whatever buttons you want for things like healthpacks and equip armor and even throwing a couple diff types of grenades by using different buttons for each one even so you dont have to drop your gun to chuck a grenade, much quicker, saves times and if you gotta shoot after throwing the grenade you can do so much faster where on console it takes longer cause youre in the menu again switching back to your gun unable to shoot and react, split seconds count.

they are more expensive yes, and thats why they are better. whats better the cheapest Mercedes they make or the most expensive? whats better, the expensive top grade of steak or the cheap low grade cut? Whats better, cheap vodka or the expensive vodka?

I don't think you've got the hint yet.

The faster player does not win. The better player does. I don't give two sh*ts if you have a sensitivity level for every scenario. That is completely useless if you cannot hit a horses ass with a shovel.

You can keep ranting about being able to look quicker, but it doesn't make you better.

About the vodka and Mercedes thing. Price does not mean quality. If you spend $100 on what is essentially a glorified glass of water then you're a complete retard.

Also, no point in buying the most expensive Mercedes when you have to follow the law like everyone else and drive at the same speed as them. You'll spend more on gas/fuel, more money spent, poor choice in automobile.

I get it. You prefer using a mouse. So what. Doesn't make you better than anyone else. My partner's 6-year old niece can use a PC mouse, so they will clearly beat me in a 1v1. Hang on, she won't because I am better at GTA than she is. Hurr durr.

Edited by V HoneyBadger V

^What y'all two are saying is pretty much personal preference. Controller or mouse pad and key board, all on preference.

well maybe i guess, but my preference is better/faster/more efficient and will out perform the other one every single time, so is it really only preference? cause its not a maybe, its a 100% for sure it will. the only upside to the console controller is that everyone is equally handicapped so maybe it doesnt matter to you as much, especially if youve never used a pc, then you really wont even have a clue what youre missing, lol!

Every single time? A controller can outperform the M+KB in racers, fighting games, platformers, along with being equal in anything turn based and a lot of RPG games. Seriously, especially in racers, if we're strictly comparing the M+KB to controllers.

Sorry, but there are more than just shooters, and in the end, it all comes down to preference anyways. Besides, all the comments about M+KB being so much more effective than a controller are often highly exaggerated. I play with a controller on lots of PC games with XPADDER(which means ZERO assistance with the controller) and do just fine. In fact, most of the time, depending on the game, I do quite well.

Personally, as someone who games on the PS3, both Xbox consoles, AND a PC, I still prefer consoles. I just recently built another PC this month actually, but I still don't plan on buying any multiplatform games for it, except for maybe GTA5 eventually, for some modding. It is only really used for exclusives and RTS games(the one and only genre that I believe cannot be used in an effective and fun way with a controller).

As for this thread, I obviously want the highest possible quality. But say I have to choose between 720p, 60fps and 1080p, 30fps - I will ALWAYS prefer the 720p, 60fps. From my comments above, I'm sure you can tell, I don't care about the graphics of my games. I have played GTA4 on both Xbox 360 and PC. GTA4 on nearly max settings(it's not optimized very well, it should be at max), I don't have any more fun on it than I do on my 360. So I'm perfectly fine with a slightly worse looking game if it means better performance.

ALSO, and this is my opinion, but I think LOCKED 30fps is better than UNLOCKED 60fps that may keep dropping to 40. Even if it is always above 30, you still notice sudden drops in frame rate and it always gets annoying. It seems to be happening more and more in console games lately, with developers focusing more on graphics for good PR.

I actually agree with you here and have said so previously, but in the instance you quoted i was talking strictly about FPS games or GTA style multiplayer PVP with more commands to utilize than buttons on a controller. controllers are great for simpler games where they have enough buttons for all the commands without having to use stupid menus and whatever youre controlling the sticks with isnt essential that you be both fast and accurate at the same time, cause they simply arent and if you make it faster it becomes less accurate very fast where with a mouse they are more accurate and faster in the first place and all that much much much larger range of motion available lessens the amount that one quality suffers in order to make the other one better. you can speed a mouse up too fast to be accurate as well, but you have a lot more room to work with before it happens.

I don't think you've got the hint yet.

The faster player does not win. The better player does. I don't give two sh*ts if you have a sensitivity level for every scenario. That is completely useless if you cannot hit a horses ass with a shovel.

You can keep ranting about being able to look quicker, but it doesn't make you better.

About the vodka and Mercedes thing. Price does not mean quality. If you spend $100 on what is essentially a glorified glass of water then you're a complete retard.

Also, no point in buying the most expensive Mercedes when you have to follow the law like everyone else and drive at the same speed as them. You'll spend more on gas/fuel, more money spent, poor choice in automobile.

I get it. You prefer using a mouse. So what. Doesn't make you better than anyone else. My partner's 6-year old niece can use a PC mouse, so they will clearly beat me in a 1v1. Hang on, she won't because I am better at GTA than she is. Hurr durr.

no its you who hasnt got the hint, or else you simply just dont even play fps or any pvp type games so you wouldnt know. Its common knowledge among good players that do play that type of game however that the faster guy wins every time. how you better? assuming she knows the game and the goal the only thing thats making you better is speed, you react quicker and are able to aim accurately much quicker than she she can so therefore you win. What happens when other players kill you? How are they better and able to do such a thing? SPEED. They are simply shooting you in the face first. Its not a difficult concept and its not hard to achieve accuracy, but it is hard to achieve accuracy quickly when you have a sh*tty controller and whoever does so first wins every time. Simple. Im not talking about morons using shotguns when youre 100 yards away or doing other dumb sh*t every noob knows isnt gonna work so dont insult my intelligence cause you know im correct and have no counter to my perfectly detailed explanation, all you have to do is acknowledge that you understand that a console controller is never going to beat a keyboard and mouse in a fps game.

I may have confused you with the noobiest noob and console expert stuff cause that was what we call and Exaggeration which i was using to let you know how much of a difference there is between the two controller types. Assuming same skill level and knowledge of the game the keyboard/mouse player pwns easily every time, this in turn gives that much of an advantage to lesser skilled keyboard mouse players over console players.

You can use the "good enough" argument, and i agree, but to say that its not better like a top end Mercedes is better than a base model, with much more comfortable convenient options and much clearly better by everyones standards, well that my friend is just plain silly. expensive vodka is smooth and tastes good, cheap vodka burns like hell and tastes like ass, Price does mean quality almost every time. why do you think the price gap exists? Just for fun? No ones gonna pay more if its not better, u dumb sh*t, its not a difficult concept, lol! pick any f*cking product in the world that has two versions by different companies, there is always one thats quality is better than the other and while there are a few exceptions like where they slap a celebritys name on a piece of sh*t so they can charge more for it but 9/10 times the one that works best, last longest, tastes better, or whatever is better about it is going to cost more, and thats the reason it costs more. Its undeniable fact and everyone knows it, even little kids. Give them a f*cking Oreo cookie and then give them a cheap store brand "oreo" and see what they like better every time, lol!

Hey whats going on in this t-

LhWIL.gif

• 4 weeks later...

Why does you sig look like Nathan Drake face plastered on Joels' body?

maybeanotherone

pc elitism... or better yet pc obsoletism...

these guys are a niche market of neckbeards who just play fps.

refuse to see and aknowledge that keyboard+mouse are being replaced by touch and motion controls. say what you will but you're being phased out of the industry.

the pc industry is bigger than just some freaks who buy a gfx card every year.

in fact because you elitists love to suck on nvidia and ati's titties is why we have a saturated market that they can fill up with obsolescence.

all of you who fight for that extra pixel or frame, you're the ones to blame.

you fools like to pay top dollars for minimal improvement.

Edited by maybeanotherone

This is such a trivial topic in my opinion. It seems to me people would rather stare at how pretty a game is then actually play it. Just play it.

people know how good GTA V is. now they want MAXIMUM GRAPHIX for it

mrw-i-buy-a-new-graphics-card-and-set-ev

Well, at least 900p and a framerate which never reaches below 30 fps.

then I am happy. XD

• Like 1