GTAForums does NOT endorse or allow any kind of GTA Online modding, mod menus, tools or account selling/hacking. Do NOT post them here or advertise them, as per the forum rules.

1080p 60fps: do you care or not?

dudclub55

Crunch McThornbody

Higher resolution & framerate would be nice, but it's still the same world, I've explored virtually the whole map so there's not much left for me to discover - and that's one of the big things that drew me to the game in the first place, a whole new world to root around in.

just wanna chime in that while the human eye perceives something as fluid motion at about 24 fps

it can in fact percieve a lot more FPS, in studies some pilots have shown the ability to see well over 200 FPS

he's kind of right about the 1080P vs 720P thing though

again it's studies that have shown that given the correct distance from your TV (so no 42" in your 3 feet bedroom) the vast majority of people weren't able to tell the difference

and the ones that could were within statistical probability (meaning they could have guessed right)

as for 4K, I wouldn't buy a TV like that

besides the obvious fact that with proper use you physically can't tell the difference

the first new models are always kind of sh*t

just look at the first full HD tv's, they've got nothing on these new O-leds

and there really is nothing worth watching/playing at a 4K resolution at the moment (or in the near future)

maybe some time in the future we all have wall sized TV's and 4K will have some use

but for any normal TV use it really is a waste of money.

It just bothers me seeing ignoramuses spouting uninformed drivel as gospel truth. I agree with what you're saying, and I also agree with the 4K tv point. I'm not talking about an actual 4k display though, rather, downsampling to a 1080p display from 4K. What that does essentially is render the image in double the detail, whilst still displaying in native 1080p. This reduces the need for anti-aliasing because you're using double the pixels, which means half the jaggies.

^What y'all two are saying is pretty much personal preference. Controller or mouse pad and key board, all on preference.

well maybe i guess, but my preference is better/faster/more efficient and will out perform the other one every single time, so is it really only preference? cause its not a maybe, its a 100% for sure it will. the only upside to the console controller is that everyone is equally handicapped so maybe it doesnt matter to you as much, especially if youve never used a pc, then you really wont even have a clue what youre missing, lol!

you're an idiot.

it's personal preference

you say because consoles don't change for 8 years games don't get any better

first of all that's wrong, or are you trying to say gta 5 isn't any better than the first generation of 360/ps3 games

also they can't get any worse either, any game that comes out in that time will run just fine at the highest possible settings

unlike PC where you'll have to upgrade for certain games or be stuck with sub par perfomance.

that's a win for consoles right there XD

as for less cheaters being on PC, do you realize what you're saying here? especially regarding gta 5

if you think the modding is bad now wait untill it hits PC, or do you imagine R* suddenly solved all the bugs and security holes?

anyway, owning a piece of electronics is nothing to brag about son, any1 with a bit of cash can go out and buy your sh*t ,some people just chose not to.

only thing bragging about it really does is make you look like a tool, but that was pretty obvious anyway XD

Except they don't run "just fine". You might be content to play invite only sessions by yourself and not care that the npcs disappear when you turn around and spawn 2 feet in front of you when traveling at fast speeds but some of us like the multiplayer pvp part of the game and I don't care if you're drool on yourself helmet wearing crayon eating retarded, there's no way you can possibly think that the game "runs fine" when played that way. It quite obviously doesn't. Try it sometime and maybe you will understand and quit posting incorrect retarded opinions about things which you clearly know nothing about.

Don't really care so much unless it really looks really bad. AC4 frame rate drops on the open ocean really took away from it. But otherwise not so much. Really care more about frame rate and rendering the surroundings at extremely high speeds.

I play on PC and I play at 720p and don't care. Do love the performance. Not so sure 8th gen could do GTA V at 1080p 60fps at this early into the console cycle.

yCNdzif.gif1029527.pngsYr3sqP.gif

For the next-gen version, that is.

I think it'd be a crime if the PS4 version (dat GDDR5 RAM) didn't run at NATIVE 1080p and at 60 FPS.

Don't care. All my favorite games of all time are mostly from the PS1-PS2 era (and some Sega) and none of them run at 1080p and 60fps. I think kids and teenagers care more about that stuff when it comes to gaming because they are growing up with that kind of stuff..... but for people who just like to play good games, that stuff doesn't matter.

• Like 1

For the next-gen version, that is.

I think it'd be a crime if the PS4 version (dat GDDR5 RAM) didn't run at NATIVE 1080p and at 60 FPS.

Don't care. All my favorite games of all time are mostly from the PS1-PS2 era (and some Sega) and none of them run at 1080p and 60fps. I think kids and teenagers care more about that stuff when it comes to gaming because they are growing up with that kind of stuff..... but for people who just like to play good games, that stuff doesn't matter.

I agree somewhat, but it matters quite a lot if the game is PVP combat however. you aint gonna do very well if you dont have a decent framerate cause sh*t is gonna happen before you see it which equalls youre dead and thats not much fun at all.

The PS4 can actually, it's the One that is suffering.

Depends on the game. I would not even remotely expect GTA to be near 60fps 1080p unless you were standing still and nothing nearby was moving.

That's what disappointed me with both consoles - I expected this generation to be 1080p with 4xAA in most titles, but from what I've seen, many of the launch titles went for lower resolutions just to enable AA.

Depends on the game. I would not even remotely expect GTA to be near 60fps 1080p unless you were standing still and nothing nearby was moving.

That's what disappointed me with both consoles - I expected this generation to be 1080p with 4xAA in most titles, but from what I've seen, many of the launch titles went for lower resolutions just to enable AA.

since consoles are non upgradable and stick around for 6-8 years and there isnt much room for improvement so they gotta start out sh*tty so they can make them a little bit better a few years later so people stay interested and buying new games that are the same f*cking game essentially, COD 34 anyone? lol! problem with gta 5 is they went to big and the consoles just cant handle it.

with a pc you can spend 500 a year for a new vid card and get more improved graphics every year if you so desire, and if your broke ass dont have 500 then you can just play it on low settings

Edited by sultangris

I don't care how good the game looks, I care to actually see the game. I'll be happy if all the objects render before I drive into them.

this.

But in all fairness, it would be nice to have 60fps for movie creating!

Edited by SonnyEvans

Hmm... How come no one is clamoring for 4K resolution? Or how about 8K resolution at 180fps? If GTA:O is going to last as long as some think it will, they will eventually have to upgrade to that resolution/frame rate.

4K screens are too expensive and aren't as widely available as 1080p screens.

Besides, even if they do become popular, 4K is far far too demanding for current-gen consoles.

4K makes me laugh, anyone who knows anything about resolution would understand that almost all 4k tvs (let alone if there were pc games on a pc screens) that you cant see any difference between 1080p and 4k due to limitations of the human eye. 4k on a standard size tv is the most ripoff piece of marketing since over stated contrast ratios.

Hmm... How come no one is clamoring for 4K resolution? Or how about 8K resolution at 180fps? If GTA:O is going to last as long as some think it will, they will eventually have to upgrade to that resolution/frame rate.

Besides, even if they do become popular, 4K is far far too demanding for current-gen consoles.

4K makes me laugh, anyone who knows anything about resolution would understand that almost all 4k tvs (let alone if there were pc games on a pc screens) that you cant see any difference between 1080p and 4k due to limitations of the human eye. 4k on a standard size tv is the most ripoff piece of marketing since over stated contrast ratios.

4k projectors for the win!

i now have a 1080p projector. it gives me a 2,5 m wide screen on the wall and i can tell u, 1080p and more fps makes a huge difference. (doesnt need to be 60)

its worth every cent! i will never go back to a normal tv.

even on a tv u can see the difference on every object in the distance.

i wouldnt want any game to be 720p anymore

It's mostly down to development on PS4 though, the PS4 can handle 1080p and 60fps quite well, give it another year or so and pretty much all games will running at that. It wouldn't surprise me if it were 60fps on PS4 at least.

http://uk.ign.com/wikis/xbox-one/PS4_vs._Xbox_One_Native_Resolutions_and_Framerates

You can easily tell a difference on large screens if you are close to them cause the pixels are different sizes, but you are correct if you are at the optimal viewing distance for screen size.

You can easily tell a difference on large screens if you are close to them cause the pixels are different sizes, but you are correct if you are at the optimal viewing distance for screen size.

f**k that, I didn't buy a 60" to sit on the other side of the room lol

But in all honesty 1080p is fine even on that.

It's mostly down to development on PS4 though, the PS4 can handle 1080p and 60fps quite well, give it another year or so and pretty much all games will running at that. It wouldn't surprise me if it were 60fps on PS4 at least.

http://uk.ign.com/wikis/xbox-one/PS4_vs._Xbox_One_Native_Resolutions_and_Framerates

Interesting link, I wonder if those are maximums though (e.g. standing still) or base targets in-sync with refresh rate? Those numbers do make me a feel a little warmer about them.

I'm kind of annoyed at Microsoft for wasting money on stupid accessories instead of focusing on the whole reason I buy a games console - to play games - not to dance around like a ten year old and not to watch TV. But then I'm annoyed at Sony for improving the controller, but still not giving me desirable movement on the triggers (sounds stupid, but I love my Xbox triggers and being the default means games utilise them well).

Edited by SpidersWeb

Says a man playing on a 21 inch screen, no doubt. Leave it to those of us who know what we're talking about, and can afford it.

why cant we scale between 30 and 60fps? if 60 isnt stable ALL the time, then i'd choose 50...

you cant chose sh*t, they use up to what they can achive but the more stuff thats going on the slower they get, and the frame rate is constantly changing. It might be 60fps when your standing still looking at the wall but its down to 1fps when theres 16 people shooting rockets and throwing tear gas and youre looking through the smoke cloud with your heavy sniper scope. games with sh*ttier graphics or PCs with better graphics cards are not affected as much in this manner but its a noticeable difference on an 8 year old outdated console trying to run a new game that maxes out its ability to the point that it freezes the system cause it simply cannot handle it.

V HoneyBadger V

Ill play with keyboard and mouse and you can have your gamepad and Ill dominate you every time, you wont even have a chance cause ill be able to keep moving/looking/shooting/switching weapons much faster/equipping new armor and instantly change my sensitivity so i can long distance headshot snipe you or up close turn quick and shoot you with a shotgun while youre stuck on one setting and it takes you much longer to do all those things which puts you at a severe disadvantage. A total novice PC gamer with keyboard and mouse will easily dominate the best gamepad console controller player in the world simply due to much better/quicker controls, lol! Might be hard to understand unless youve experienced it and rockstar has the control scheme so f*cked up and non multiplayer friendly they couldnt have done worse if they tried, and it would help immensely if they were to optimize it better and get rid of the double tap up opens sh*t camera that no one uses which takes forever and leaves you a sitting duck and get rid of the cinematic camera that no one uses and put equip new armor or call lester or some other far more important for quick access multiplayer pvp function on it but a gaming keyboard and mouse will always be much much better and head to head will dominate easily every time.

This has to be the largest pile of crap I have ever read. I am very sure that you would not dominate me. Just because you have a keyboard and mouse does not mean you can kick someone's ass. Preference does not equal superiority.

Having to change sensitivity shows that you are incapable of being precise at high levels and cannot handle a mouse properly. Assigning hot keys to everything doesn't make you a pro, and you still have to move your hand and partially interrupt an action so it is pointless anyway. Scripting a button to do multiple functions is almost borderline cheating in my eyes.

Why would I want to f*ck around changing settings all day when I can have play a game.

And saying a novice PC gamer can outplay a game pad veteran? Don't make me laugh. Having more buttons and things to do doesn't make you more advantaged.

Also, you mentioned before about less squeakers or whatever on PC. Nope. There are more turds on PC, especially those who have this PC Master Race ideology, which is total bullsh*t. Xbox/PlayStation may have some younger players, but PC has worse human beings.

Hackers, delayed releases, more expensive stuff, superiority complex douchebags, neck beards, and not to mention having to wait for people with sh*t PCs to load their games.

• Like 1

iiConTr0v3rSYx

Lol at using IGN as a source. Contrary to popular belief, the X1 does have numerous games at 1080p/60 FPS. Ignorance causes people to forget that.

Neither will run GTA V at those levels though, as I've said in this thread for the second or third time......

Says a man playing on a 21 inch screen, no doubt. Leave it to those of us who know what we're talking about, and can afford it.

It has been proven that unless you have a display in the 65 inch + range 4k is in fact useless as the human eye cannot perceive the difference.

Look it up ;).

But then again coming from a guy who brags about the fact he can afford a 4k tv I'm not sure if I should even try to argue... lol

Pretty lame

Edited by Le Sage

This has to be the largest pile of crap I have ever read. I am very sure that you would not dominate me. Just because you have a keyboard and mouse does not mean you can kick someone's ass. Preference does not equal superiority.

In free aim I'd say he's probably correct, well close to it.

I've never seen somebody aim in free aim remotely close to what I can do with a mouse and I'm not even a pro.

For GTA with traditional aim, I much much prefer a console controller, but PC free aim will be pretty damn intense.

Edited by SpidersWeb

In free aim I'd say he's probably correct, well close to it.

I've never seen somebody aim in free aim remotely close to what I can do with a mouse and I'm not even a pro.

For GTA with traditional aim, I much much prefer a console controller, but PC free aim will be pretty damn intense.

yup exactly, pc doesnt even have auto aim setting which is why controllers suck asscrack on a pc for first person shooters and the crappy controller abilities is the only reason consoles have autoaim also. No casual gamer likes free aim with a console controller cause they suck and take a long time to get good with and casual gamers dont play for long times. I dont actually use any scripted programmable keys cause i dont play any games that would benefit from them, but there are games out there that do. It might be a stretch that the noobiest noob would dominate the best console control user in the world, but your average pc gamer would do so easily and average pc gamer vs average console gamer wouldnt even be fair. i am/was pretty close to the top skill level in pc games back when i played hardcore and always finished at the top of the list anywhere from 1-5th out of 64 players unless i was just f*cking around not trying for first place. The last pc game i really played is battlefield 3 so Im not currently at the top of my game but I guarantee if honeybadger hooks a ps or xbox controller up to a pc and plays vs me in a first person shooter that i would send him crying home to his mommy, lol!

Its not a preference, its a fact. keyboard/mouse combo can push more buttons faster and is 100X faster and more accurate while aiming, its not even disputable and id happily play and dominate vs any dumbass who thinks a console controller is better for any amount of money they wish to dontate to me. I know this as fact because I used to be one of you dumbasses who thought that until i actually did it and got dominated, lol! It sounds like a good idea at first but its not even close to being as good for first person shooter type game, they are good enough for some less complex games that dont require high levels of speed/accuracy and dont have so many actions that make the controllers need to access menus in order to utilize them. The only good thing about them on consoles is that everyones stuck using them and games are dumbed down with less functions in the first place due to lack of processing ability and lack of controller buttons to utilize any more functions. Battlefield on the PC is twice the game it is on a console with far more things you can do and customize

Just think about it for two seconds, speed and accuracy are very important for pvp combat correct? You see them first, you shoot them first with the right gun, you win. Pretty simple concept. now if youve ever played such games you know there multiple weapons for multiple situations and if you need to switch from your shotgun to a rifle to sniper or whatever it doesnt take a rocket scientist to realize that the faster youre able to do this the better your chance of winning is right? You understand that? Now lets say you have armor or health recharge packs you can utilize to boost your stats with. Think about how you can go about doing this in a situation where someone, or multiple someones are shooting at you, here again speed of utilizing the feature is of paramount importance.

For example in GTA online with console controller you have to hold select for like 3-5 SECONDS to get the MENU to show up, and then you have to navigate to INVENTORY then SNACKS then METEORITE and then hit a button to use it, takes a long f*cking time right? Also while youre doing all this retarded menu navigation your thumb isnt on the stick and youre standing still and whats the first rule of pvp combat? Always keep moving! You stand still, you die. Not to mention that while the menu is active the function of the buttons change to navigate the menu and the useful functions such as expanding map radar to see where people are at, changing your weapons and everything else those buttons do is not available for use so while youre standing there around a corner with a sniper rifle or whatever for 5-10 seconds dickin around trying to eat a candybar and all of a sudden the enemy comes running around the corner you cant move or change your gun so you die!

Now picture same scenario except your recently enlightened ass is now using a keyboard/mouse there is no menu and you can put your candy bar on any f*cking button you want that is most convenient for you so when someone comes running around the corner you arent standing there unable to use half your functions like a dumbass using a console controller and you kill him instead of dying! Depending on the game as to what actions there are and how you play it works better on either the keyboard or mouse, keyboard controls movement forward back sideways which as we recall from the first rule of pvp combat is very important. However with a keyboard, unlike a controller where you use 1 thumb that also has to control 5 other buttons and is the only finger available to do so, you have 3 fingers with which you control various directions of movement which seems dumb at first(I want my console controller back) but in reality is much better cause all of those fingers have multiple other buttons which they can reach to perform other functions while not forcing you to stop moving completely to utilize like controller does. This of course means that you never have to stop moving(rule number 1) and can still easily perform a multitude of other functions which is impossible to do with a console controller, see what Im getting at there? do you understand? Its not a preference if you want to win, its a simple undeniable fact.

Adjustable sensitivity may or may not be useful depending on the game and what you can do in said game but adjusting sensitivity levels and setting them properly is very important., most pc games have multiple sensitivities in the options you can adjust so most people dont even use the ones on the mouse, they are just a bonus for pro gamers to help them tweak speed/accuracy even more and fine tune it to the best possible. Or games like GTA that only have 2 settings but should have more. you must have separate aiming sensitivities for guns that are used for different ranges if you wanna be good. Why does everyone cry and bitch like little girls when you use the sniper in gta? cause there is only one aim sensitivity and you cannot be good at both rifles and and snipers on a sh*tty console controller especially because the range of motion on the stick is to small and they are all set for up close action unable to get kills with the sniper very good, you simply dont have enough room to be able to be fast enough and slow enough to snipe long distance and move quick if they are up close, its impossible. You can favor the sniper but then youre too slow to catch them up close. you can favor them up close but then the sniper moves to far too fast and it jumps 8 head widths with barely a press which as you can maybe guess makes it pretty f*cking hard to get a headshot fast, understand that?

A mouse is much better being faster and more accurate so its much less problem in the first place and having a button to adjust it on the fly is great for games without good sensitivity settings such as GTA online for example. You can move a mouse farther and its speed is in relation to how fast youre moving it instead of a console which moves faster the farther u push it which it has to do since you cant push it very far. this means when sensitivity is high so you can move fast enough to catch them running to your side that it moves pretty far/fast at the pressure point where it first starts moving which is too far/fast to zero in on the headshot while sniping. Other more balanced optimized consoles games counter this by slowing down automatically while looking through a scope and having another sensitivity setting for it but rockstar isnt that smart, though i think they did slow it down a tad in one of the updates but they really need a separate sensitivity setting for it if they did, im unsure cause my whole game slowed down and its been a long time, it feels a little different, not enough though. GTA is/has always been single player and set up for that the best which makes a multitude of problems in multiplayer. Although they could fix a lot of them simply by changing the controls and adding more sensitivity levels and im surprised they havent after a year of people bitching at them how much it sucks, lol!