GTAForums does NOT endorse or allow any kind of GTA Online modding, mod menus, tools or account selling/hacking. Do NOT post them here or advertise them, as per the forum rules.

1080p 60fps: do you care or not?

dudclub55

im gonna remain skeptic. em not expecting 60fps or good optimized pc performance

n framerates for ps4 n xbox are gonna be more or less the same as last gen, i'd say probably 30 fps max. r* just don't seem to care about fps u know they care more about graphics n other stuff

im gonna remain skeptic. em not expecting 60fps or good optimized pc performance

n framerates for ps4 n xbox are gonna be more or less the same as last gen, i'd say probably 30 fps max. r* just don't seem to care about fps u know they care more about graphics n other stuff

id have to agree. i just hope for better than the current 1fps we get when looking through teargas smoke with the sniper scope, lol! You aint gonna get 60 fps on a sh*tty console with anywhere close to good graphics. PCs barely maintain that in the thick of action with graphics cards that cost more than the entire console plus the game does, lol! I doubt a console would get 60fps if you stand still while nothing is moving on the screen.

Edited by sultangris

CheaterMcCheat

Anything over 720p and 30 FPS is fine.

I hate how console kids think 1080p 60 FPS is the new "thing".

I hate how kids still think numbers as letters and kisses at the end of usernames is the new "thing".

• Like 1

I hate how kids still think numbers as letters and kisses at the end of usernames is the new "thing".

in all due fairness when youre late to the internet thats all thats left cause all the good names were taken before you were out of diapers, lol

nope not really

gameplay>Graphics any day of the week if you ask me.

as long as it's a stable framerate and everything I'm cool

also the difference between 720 and 1080 is small enough that any1 with a sensible size TV won't even see the difference

I geuss 1080 would be better ofcourse, just that again I don't really care that much.

lazyassedlover

I have never being playing gta online and thought about FPS...thats some nerdy sh*t right there

although if its better on next(current) gen then cool, awesome and all that jazz

evc0izr.png

inb4changefontandsize

Solid Scorpion

Never really was much of a graphics whore, but when you play a next-gen game and then play a currentt-gen game after, you do notice the difference.

It 's not all about graphics, I still play PS1 era games occasionally. But if better graphics, res and fps are a option, why not go for it?

V HoneyBadger V

Some PC gamers here talk a big game. I bet that less than 10% of people here have a PC that can do 60fps 1080p with some mods running or even Skype to talk to people. Let's not forget that with a console everything is set up fine and games are made to that hardware. In the current gen, 1080p is the minimum I expect. 60fps is nice but 30fps can be acceptable as long as the game does not ever drop below that, otherwise it kills the experience.

Yes, PCs have the potential to drastically outperform consoles, but PCs are not worth it for serious gaming without dropping at least £800 GBP into one. Consoles provide a mid to high range of graphical performance, whereas PCs provide anything across the spectrum.

I built a PC that I know will a couple of years before the parts need updating. Let's face it, buying something mid range is not worth it when games are becoming more demanding everyday.

It cost me a lot of money, but the fact is that I can comfortably play games like Skyrim with almost 200 mods running with ultra realistic graphics. I don't bother with PC multiplayer (except LoL) because the games are full of cheating bastards and hackers.

Consoles provide a much better social experience with party chat and such, along with a much more comfortable way to play. Sorry, but game pads stomps the hell out of keyboard and mouse for most games.

Strategy and MOBAs are an exception. It feels much easier and natural to use a game pad, which is why I play Skyrim with an Xbox Controller.

As for the main topic here, I do care about 1080p and 60fps. Playing with realistic graphics and digital beauty is very enjoyable, and provides a lot of immersion. It feels good to know that people have taken care and detail into refining textures and other objects.

One thing I hated about last gen GTAV was the render distance and lack of detail in many areas. But the next gen trailer made me feel good about what is coming. Being able to play in digital world that can look almost as good as the real thing.

These are my PC specs:

AMD FX-9370 4.6 GHz 8-core CPU

AMD HD7990 6GB GPU

8GB RAM 2x4 2400 MHz

And a bunch of SSDs

Can't remember the exact price but it was well over £1000 GBP

Considering this though, my Xbox One is like a scaled down version of this. Because it has the same amount of cores and RAM, and a GPU that can run 1080p and 60fps.

So we can see that consoles are much more affordable.

I will get GTA V for both console and PC, because I want to see what the modding community will do.

Mods don't belong on console, but they do on PC.

But yeah, I care very much for the high end graphics of GTA V. I have played enough to know that the game definitely worth the upgrade, and you should do the same.

If you can't afford the new consoles or a decent PC, then your financial situation says that you shouldn't be wasting money on games anyway.

• Like 1

Never really was much of a graphics whore, but when you play a next-gen game and then play a currentt-gen game after, you do notice the difference.

It 's not all about graphics, I still play PS1 era games occasionally. But if better graphics, res and fps are a option, why not go for it?

uhm, I can think of about 460 reasons

459,98 to be precise XD

1080p on next-gen is pretty much a given if we take the PS4 trailers into account, but I wouldn't hold my breath for 60 FPS as it's quite unlikely. Not that this is a bad thing. 30 rock solid frames per second are better than a fluctuating frame rate, in my opinion. GTA IV is one of the very few games that have an incredibly unstable frame rate on my PC, which is the reason I capped the frame rate to 30 FPS. That way I don't have to deal with stuttering, screen tearing, etc.

1080p on next-gen is pretty much a given if we take the PS4 trailers into account, but I wouldn't hold my breath for 60 FPS as it's quite unlikely. Not that this is a bad thing. 30 rock solid frames per second are better than a fluctuating frame rate, in my opinion. GTA IV is one of the very few games that have an incredibly unstable frame rate on my PC, which is the reason I capped the frame rate to 30 FPS. That way I don't have to deal with stuttering, screen tearing, etc.

yea i did that too the stuttering is really annoying, i actually started a thread discussing this exact same thing at the iv section but the mod thought it was such an insane thought that the only way i though of it is if i was drunk.....

Edited by Chuck Finley

iiConTr0v3rSYx

Hm, the name was already taken so I had to use numbers. And I'm far from a kid.

Good to see I hit a nerve though.

Honestly I don't care too much for better graphics as I don't pay attention to them. All I want is the game to load properly. I'm tired of driving on invisible roads with invisible buildings surrounding me. I'll try to save up some extra cash for a PS4 by November, but I have other things to buy first.

Since people will question why I don't care much for graphics, its because I never downgrade graphics and I upgrade late. I've never played a PS4/Xbox One yet, I don't know exactly how good the graphics are. The trailers look the same as the normal game to me, as do the screenshots.

Edited by Fail_At_GTA

For the PC version I'll purchase, of course I care about it being 60 FPS and FullHD. Well... maybe not 60 FPS all the way but at least more than 30, for story mode. More than 40 for Online.

I don't know yet how the game will work on my PC.

Some PC gamers here talk a big game. I bet that less than 10% of people here have a PC that can do 60fps 1080p with some mods running or even Skype to talk to people. Let's not forget that with a console everything is set up fine and games are made to that hardware. In the current gen, 1080p is the minimum I expect. 60fps is nice but 30fps can be acceptable as long as the game does not ever drop below that, otherwise it kills the experience.

Yes, PCs have the potential to drastically outperform consoles, but PCs are not worth it for serious gaming without dropping at least £800 GBP into one. Consoles provide a mid to high range of graphical performance, whereas PCs provide anything across the spectrum.

I built a PC that I know will a couple of years before the parts need updating. Let's face it, buying something mid range is not worth it when games are becoming more demanding everyday.

It cost me a lot of money, but the fact is that I can comfortably play games like Skyrim with almost 200 mods running with ultra realistic graphics. I don't bother with PC multiplayer (except LoL) because the games are full of cheating bastards and hackers.

Consoles provide a much better social experience with party chat and such, along with a much more comfortable way to play. Sorry, but game pads stomps the hell out of keyboard and mouse for most games.

Strategy and MOBAs are an exception. It feels much easier and natural to use a game pad, which is why I play Skyrim with an Xbox Controller.

As for the main topic here, I do care about 1080p and 60fps. Playing with realistic graphics and digital beauty is very enjoyable, and provides a lot of immersion. It feels good to know that people have taken care and detail into refining textures and other objects.

One thing I hated about last gen GTAV was the render distance and lack of detail in many areas. But the next gen trailer made me feel good about what is coming. Being able to play in digital world that can look almost as good as the real thing.

These are my PC specs:

AMD FX-9370 4.6 GHz 8-core CPU

AMD HD7990 6GB GPU

8GB RAM 2x4 2400 MHz

And a bunch of SSDs

Can't remember the exact price but it was well over £1000 GBP

Considering this though, my Xbox One is like a scaled down version of this. Because it has the same amount of cores and RAM, and a GPU that can run 1080p and 60fps.

So we can see that consoles are much more affordable.

I will get GTA V for both console and PC, because I want to see what the modding community will do.

Mods don't belong on console, but they do on PC.

But yeah, I care very much for the high end graphics of GTA V. I have played enough to know that the game definitely worth the upgrade, and you should do the same.

If you can't afford the new consoles or a decent PC, then your financial situation says that you shouldn't be wasting money on games anyway.

i have to disagree. Firstly no console is ever doing 60fps prior to ps4/xb1 which are a massive improvement over consoles and about time i say! The downside however is that youre stuck with the same hardware for 8 years with a console, which means games cannot get better, which is fine i guess if youre broke and dont care, but as a gamer who enjoys gaming ill gladly spend 500 a year to upgrade my pc to play better more improved games every year, not everyone agrees or can afford too and thats fine, but dont expect me to suffer playing on a crappy system just cause you cant afford 500 bucks a year, progress will pass you by, you can catch up when you can.

its been my experience that there are far less cheaters for pc games but to be fair i usually only play RTS games like command an conquer, starcraft, age of empires, supreme commander, and battlefield till the next one comes out and they do a good job of detecting and banning cheaters for the first year at least, after they stop supporting it and move to the next game they can get over run but gta online is the worst cheater infested game ive ever played and they arent really doing sh*t about it, pretty sad and ruins the game in my opinion. Ban them f*cktards! you wanna mod/cheat do it in single player where it doesnt negatively affect my gaming experience.

PC is also a much better social atmosphere with far less retarded little squeaker kids and other moron sh*t talking retards for the simple fact that most of them cannot afford the gaming rig to play on and by far more of the players are more into gaming and take it more serious and there are dedicated voice chat servers full of people playing together, 100X better than console voice chat which doesnt even work half the time.

and lastly I used to agree until i played more PC games and mastered the keyboard mouse combo but in reality the gamepad console controller is by far the WORST part of gaming on consoles besides the outdated nonupgradable hardware in my opinion. they are ok for single player in most cases and certain games which arent too complex and dont require many buttons to play. They are inherently flawed with small range of motion analog sticks that are far too slippery for quick accurate competitive PVP gameplay, and you clearly dont play PVP FPSs if you like gamepads. There are 10 button you can only control with two thumbs which means you gotta stop doing important stuff to do something else which is buried in a menu and takes far to long to access, which disables half your player control and leaves you vulnerable and unable to react fast enough when youre trying to do some other action. This isnt a huge deal for simple games without many features if you dont have to let go of the sticks but trying to equip new armor or call lester during a deathmatch in gta for example it leaves you unable to switch weapons and do other important things while you dig trhough the cumbersome menu which takes far too long to show up in the first place and is nearly impossible to do without getting killed during the heat of the battle when the enemy is close and you need it most. with a keyboard and mouse you have all fingers on their own button, and much important stuff is on your mouse including on the fly sensitivity adjustments so that you dont have to let go of important functions to do other things and its much more fluid and quick and efficient to accomplish so that you arent an easy target like you are with a console controller.

Ill play with keyboard and mouse and you can have your gamepad and Ill dominate you every time, you wont even have a chance cause ill be able to keep moving/looking/shooting/switching weapons much faster/equipping new armor and instantly change my sensitivity so i can long distance headshot snipe you or up close turn quick and shoot you with a shotgun while youre stuck on one setting and it takes you much longer to do all those things which puts you at a severe disadvantage. A total novice PC gamer with keyboard and mouse will easily dominate the best gamepad console controller player in the world simply due to much better/quicker controls, lol! Might be hard to understand unless youve experienced it and rockstar has the control scheme so f*cked up and non multiplayer friendly they couldnt have done worse if they tried, and it would help immensely if they were to optimize it better and get rid of the double tap up opens sh*t camera that no one uses which takes forever and leaves you a sitting duck and get rid of the cinematic camera that no one uses and put equip new armor or call lester or some other far more important for quick access multiplayer pvp function on it but a gaming keyboard and mouse will always be much much better and head to head will dominate easily every time.

^What y'all two are saying is pretty much personal preference. Controller or mouse pad and key board, all on preference.

Edited by Nick1020

GrandTheftRobbo

all I know is that objects will render faster which means I can feel the difference in top speed between the adder and something else... That alone gets me excited

^What y'all two are saying is pretty much personal preference. Controller or mouse pad and key board, all on preference.

well maybe i guess, but my preference is better/faster/more efficient and will out perform the other one every single time, so is it really only preference? cause its not a maybe, its a 100% for sure it will. the only upside to the console controller is that everyone is equally handicapped so maybe it doesnt matter to you as much, especially if youve never used a pc, then you really wont even have a clue what youre missing, lol!

I honestly don't care about the FPS of a Sandbox open world game. My minimal expectations are a stable 30fps, not like dipping down all the way to single digits like it does now. And 1080p is a must. With AA. 720p without AA looks horrible on my new TV.

If it was a fast-paced first-person-shooter I would've wanted at least 45FPS.

To be fair, GTA V on PS3 looks great on my TV with my HDMI cord in 720p. As a gamer who grew up with old school consoles, graphics don't mean shxt to me. Yes it's nice but at the end of the day it's all about the gameplay.

The current FPS is decent for me. I don't mind the frame drops when certain areas load. I don't expect this game to be perfect. As long it's playable that's all that matters to me. They pushed this game pretty well on the PS3, so I will not be upgrading to the PS4 version until PS3 dies.

Kinda funny, this reminds me a of the bit wars with old school consoles back in the day. 16-bit vs 32-bit is like today's 720p vs 1080p. Lmao. People care too much about graphics these days.

well maybe i guess, but my preference is better/faster/more efficient and will out perform the other one every single time, so is it really only preference? cause its not a maybe, its a 100% for sure it will. the only upside to the console controller is that everyone is equally handicapped so maybe it doesnt matter to you as much, especially if youve never used a pc, then you really wont even have a clue what youre missing, lol!

you're an idiot.

it's personal preference

you say because consoles don't change for 8 years games don't get any better

first of all that's wrong, or are you trying to say gta 5 isn't any better than the first generation of 360/ps3 games

also they can't get any worse either, any game that comes out in that time will run just fine at the highest possible settings

unlike PC where you'll have to upgrade for certain games or be stuck with sub par perfomance.

that's a win for consoles right there XD

as for less cheaters being on PC, do you realize what you're saying here? especially regarding gta 5

if you think the modding is bad now wait untill it hits PC, or do you imagine R* suddenly solved all the bugs and security holes?

anyway, owning a piece of electronics is nothing to brag about son, any1 with a bit of cash can go out and buy your sh*t ,some people just chose not to.

only thing bragging about it really does is make you look like a tool, but that was pretty obvious anyway XD

Edited by Zwenkwiel

#PeasantProblems

OT: 1080p@60FPS is a must. I feel sorry for all you guys who bought consoles for like £500 only to get shafted with 30FPS@720p.

No skin off my nose, though. 4K Downsampling for the win.

Everything must get improved ha ?

FPS - the brain cant work with 60 FPS. It makes no difference if 35 or 65 FPS.

1080p vs 720p - you wont see any difference. The 1080p you´ll need only, if you are watching on big screen, in a very small distance.

Edit : i just saw the post above. 4k tv is a good joke. Nobody need this.

Edited by T-Offline
  • Like 1

It´s hard to waste money, but no need to be agressive. I dont need to read this links. I know it.

You stated in the previous post that the human brain can't tell the difference, so which is it?

I really don't care for 1080p unless with would make it possible to read traffic signs on the road from a distance.
60 FPD sounds cool but I dunno and don't care about it either, I all have played 30 FPS games or lower than that.

just wanna chime in that while the human eye perceives something as fluid motion at about 24 fps

it can in fact percieve a lot more FPS, in studies some pilots have shown the ability to see well over 200 FPS

he's kind of right about the 1080P vs 720P thing though

again it's studies that have shown that given the correct distance from your TV (so no 42" in your 3 feet bedroom) the vast majority of people weren't able to tell the difference

and the ones that could were within statistical probability (meaning they could have guessed right)

as for 4K, I wouldn't buy a TV like that

besides the obvious fact that with proper use you physically can't tell the difference

the first new models are always kind of sh*t

just look at the first full HD tv's, they've got nothing on these new O-leds

and there really is nothing worth watching/playing at a 4K resolution at the moment (or in the near future)

maybe some time in the future we all have wall sized TV's and 4K will have some use

but for any normal TV use it really is a waste of money.

Edited by Zwenkwiel