GTAForums does NOT endorse or allow any kind of GTA Online modding, mod menus, tools or account selling/hacking. Do NOT post them here or advertise them, as per the forum rules.

1080p 60fps: do you care or not?

dudclub55

For the next-gen version, that is.

I think it'd be a crime if the PS4 version (dat GDDR5 RAM) didn't run at NATIVE 1080p and at 60 FPS.

You're absolutely correct. I love Forza for that. But it's GTA with non existing car physics and auto-aim. It will be nice, no doubts, but not game changing.

I presume even 40-50 will be nice.

I prefer stable 30fps over unstable 60fps that keep dropping to the 30s. Infamous felt laggy with unlocked framerate.

• Like 1

GrandTheftRobbo

The game looks really good regardless and nonetheless its still a huge improvement on what we have now (even though GTA V on these last gen systems is still one of the best looking games ever on these systems). But anyway I could care less about its official specs, the game looks BEAUTIFUL! xD

It's 2014, anything lower than 60FPS is unacceptable.

But if I had to chose, I would go with 720p/60FPS than something like 1080p/30FPS

For the next-gen version, that is.

I think it'd be a crime if the PS4 version (dat GDDR5 RAM) didn't run at NATIVE 1080p and at 60 FPS.

You're seriously overestimating the console.

You will be horribly disappointed.

NB: the console will output 1080p at 60Hz, but that's not the same as rendering at 1080p @ 60fps.

even though GTA V on these last gen systems is still one of the best looking games ever on these systems

Please tell me that's a joke.

• Like 2

even though GTA V on these last gen systems is still one of the best looking games ever on these systems

Please tell me that's a joke.

I'd hope so.

I made the mistake of playing The Last of Us on PS3 just before GTA was released - kind of ruined the 'omg graphics' factor when I got it.

60 fps is not the end-all. It's not even neccessarily better than 30 fps.

The look of 30 fps is closer to the standard that has been used since the early 20th century for films (24fps, but with tv and games it is usually rounded up to 30). 60 fps is a different aesthetic, similar to the digital video look of sporting events and soap operas.

both of them have their merits and I hope the game can run at 60 fps so that people have a choice, like how they did in The Last of Us Remastered. For driving and FPS games, really visceral stuff, I sometimes like 60fps. For more cinematic stuff, I like 30 fps. GTAV is obviously somewhere in between, but I think on balance I'll prefer it at 30.

as someone pointed out the trailer didn't look like it was 60fps so yea dun expect too much on the ps4 or even PC coz it might b a bad port

YouTube puts all videos to 30 fps so thats why

^

If you look at Battlefield 4 on PS3 vs PS4 comparison on YouTube it doesn't look like much until you experience it yourself. I used to play BF4 on PS3, then I got my PS4 a month later and repurchased on ps4 and wow the videos on youtube look nothing like the actual game, and at the Gamestop Convention thingy where they had a closed door demonstation of GTA V one of the dudes said

"Best Remaster I Have Seen By Far. I Literally Gasped At The Differences."

But unfortunately the guy said it looked like 30FPS, but I guess we'll have to wait and see...

Anything over 720p and 30 FPS is fine.

I hate how console kids think 1080p 60 FPS is the new "thing".

Heh, half of them are probably still playing on CRTs, haha!

Hmm... How come no one is clamoring for 4K resolution? Or how about 8K resolution at 180fps? If GTA:O is going to last as long as some think it will, they will eventually have to upgrade to that resolution/frame rate.

Dont expect that from a console for at least 20 years, and see above post. lol!

Sugar Free Nos

If you're someone who doesn't think frame rate matters, or that there is no difference between 30 and 60, you are either conpletely dense or just ignorant and have never played at 60.

With that being said, the only way GTA V will be at 60 fps is on PC. Graphics are always more of a priority for developers, especially in the console market. Many of the oblivious console kiddies have never played anything other than 30 fps. Cramming as many pixels into each blade of grass that they can will always trump performance as pretty graphics is what sells the game to a lot of people.

It's a shame, but it is the reality.

• Like 4
cixJdfg.png

If you're someone who doesn't think frame rate matters, or that there is no difference between 30 and 60, you are either conpletely dense or just ignorant and have never played at 60.

I've played many games at 60fps, it makes little difference to me personally, obviously there is a difference, however, I don't see how it's game changing in any way whatsoever. I can play 30fps just as I happily as 60fps. I don't favour either.

• Like 1

SALO or The 120 Days Of Sodom

I don't care for 60fps in gaming, especially when theres a cutscene. Ever since Ground Zeroes, I don't like it. I prefer 30fps. MY PREFERENCE. It's just like how some people prefer Black and White films/photos. Call us dense or ignorant all you want.

Edited by SALO or The 120 Days Of Sodom

as someone pointed out the trailer didn't look like it was 60fps so yea dun expect too much on the ps4 or even PC coz it might b a bad port

YouTube puts all videos to 30 fps so thats why

YouTube does 60fps before next gen consoles

juantrapriguez

Honestly, I don't care. Not because I'm being "one of those guys" its because I have no idea what fps does. I know what it means, and I know 1080p is good.

I'm not all technical and graphics savvy. I do, know how to differentiate a good vs. bad game though, and I love GTAV. So yeah, 60 fps or 30fps doesn't really matter to me.

Honestly, I don't care. Not because I'm being "one of those guys" its because I have no idea what fps does. I know what it means, and I know 1080p is good.

I'm not all technical and graphics savvy. I do, know how to differentiate a good vs. bad game though, and I love GTAV. So yeah, 60 fps or 30fps doesn't really matter to me.

I don't think it takes a tech savvy person to know what frames per second are.

Look it up.

juantrapriguez

Look it up.

But didn't you read? I just said I don't care. So I'm not gonna look it up because I dont, err.. care.

Look it up.

But didn't you read? I just said I don't care. So I'm not gonna look it up because I dont, err.. care.

1080p aint worth a f*ck if its only 1FPS, lol

I usually don't notice things like 'framerate dropping', so it really doesn't matter to me. As long as it works, the game is good in my book.

Edited by Zankou
  • Like 1

This poses my biggest question for upgrade. Will ps4 run it better?

juantrapriguez

You FOOL! DO YOU KNOW WHAT YOU'VE JUST STARTED?!

No really.

Is this The Guy?

Yes

• Like 1

Bad ports have a way of being fixed by modders XD

gta_ice.jpg

they just enhanced the graphics.......frame rates for gta iv is still sh*t coz of the hiccups u get every 10 seconds.

To me the major point of an open world game is to be realistic and immersive, so yes I of course I want 1080P and 60FPS.

I am actually disappointed that neither xbox one nor ps4 perform on the level of even a 3 year old gaming PC.

juantrapriguez

To me the major point of an open world game is to be realistic and immersive, so yes I of course I want 1080P and 60FPS.

I am actually disappointed that neither xbox one nor ps4 perform on the level of even a 3 year old gaming PC.

Please Rockstar, cancel the PC version. These guys are so smug.

360-Ps3 players look at XB1-PS4 players the way,

PS4-XB1 players look at PC players..

Old gen players know current gen is superior, just like we ALL know PC is superior to all. We all know y'all have mods, and whatever. We know. You don't have to shove it down our throats every chance you get.

technically the ps4 and xb1 are current gen

I am expecting the PC port to be good after the royal f*ck up with GTA4
it had better run well :/

• Like 1