GTAForums does NOT endorse or allow any kind of GTA Online modding, mod menus, tools or account selling/hacking. Do NOT post them here or advertise them, as per the forum rules.

1080p 60fps: do you care or not?

dudclub55

For the next-gen version, that is.

I think it'd be a crime if the PS4 version (dat GDDR5 RAM) didn't run at NATIVE 1080p and at 60 FPS.

Edited by frankenstein107
  • Like 2

If you've ever played a game in 60fps, got used to it, then came to 30fps, you'd be frustrated.

Personally, I prefer frame rate over graphics, but the overall experience is much, much better in 60fps.

j4hhYw6.png

as someone pointed out the trailer didn't look like it was 60fps so yea dun expect too much on the ps4 or even PC coz it might b a bad port

This is such a trivial topic in my opinion. It seems to me people would rather stare at how pretty a game is then actually play it. Just play it.

Edited by Tekno_Gecko
  • Like 3

If you've ever played a game in 60fps, got used to it, then came to 30fps, you'd be frustrated.

Personally, I prefer frame rate over graphics, but the overall experience is much, much better in 60fps.

This is how I also feel.. I can care less if the game looks the same graphic-wise on the new consoles, I want it to be silky smooth. Frame rate drops really piss me off. :/

I don't care how good the game looks, I care to actually see the game. I'll be happy if all the objects render before I drive into them.

For the next-gen version, that is.

I think it'd be a crime if the PS4 version (dat GDDR5 RAM) didn't run at NATIVE 1080p and at 60 FPS.

Yes. Just recently started playing GTA IV on PC, and I love the 1080 @ 60! It's AMAZUHNNGGG!

• Like 2

This is such a trivial topic in my opinion. It seems to me people would rather stare at how pretty a game is then actually play it. Just play it.

Most players just care about how well they can grief and kill. But for me, the graphics and the beautiful game environment and cars matter more.

Edited by saintsrow

GrandTheftAddict91

This is how I also feel.. I can care less if the game looks the same graphic-wise on the new consoles, I want it to be silky smooth. Frame rate drops really piss me off. :/

If you can care less that means you do have some care. Proper grammar is your friend.

• Like 2

iiConTr0v3rSYx

Anything over 720p and 30 FPS is fine.

I hate how console kids think 1080p 60 FPS is the new "thing".

• Like 3

I honestly don't give a sh*t, 60fps is nice but if that means the gameplay and mechanics are worse than f*ck that.

Gray Fox: I'm like you, I have no name.

GrandTheftAddict91

OT, I can't stand the FPS drops either, it really takes me away from the immersion.

Edited by GrandTheftAddict91
  • Like 1

The PS4 is a very capable machine, unless the graphics are going to be massively stepped up (which they aren't, derp slightly better textures and foliage derp), there's no excuse for the game not running at 1080p 60 FPS.

I couldn't care less.

• Like 3

Oh boy, here we go...

• Like 1

I'm a TDM player so the frame rate is an important aspect of the game, the difference between you dying or getting the kill comes down to split second quite often.

And as of now while playing, u get the framer are drops and it's really bad. In a TDM if an explosion is large enough, and traffic is on, the frame rate drops and the game gets laggy for the rest of the job. It sucks.

IDC about adding tons of new stuff, just give me a solid game that isn't laggy

I just want 60FPS, I don't care if it's 900p or whatever, just a high framerate would be nice!

iiConTr0v3rSYx

The PS4 is a very capable machine, unless the graphics are going to be massively stepped up (which they aren't, derp slightly better textures and foliage derp), there's no excuse for the game not running at 1080p 60 FPS.

You're not going to run stable 60 FPS on PS4 or the One(which I plan to buy) on an open world game.

• Like 2

Hmm... How come no one is clamoring for 4K resolution? Or how about 8K resolution at 180fps? If GTA:O is going to last as long as some think it will, they will eventually have to upgrade to that resolution/frame rate.

as someone pointed out the trailer didn't look like it was 60fps so yea dun expect too much on the ps4 or even PC coz it might b a bad port

YouTube puts all videos to 30 fps so thats why

• Like 2

Graphics do not matter to me. I prefer 60 fps over 1080p, if I ever have to choose.

Some of my favorite games have completely awful graphics.

You're not going to run stable 60 FPS on PS4 or the One(which I plan to buy) on an open world game.

The PS4 can actually, it's the One that is suffering.

I'm not bothered about 60fps gaming, to me personally, it doesn't really offer a massive difference or change the experience in any way at all.

Edited by TheStalked

I doubt we'll get 60 fps, but if we do I'll get it on PS4 for sure. I'd rather 60 fps than 1080p or even 4k.

Hmm... How come no one is clamoring for 4K resolution? Or how about 8K resolution at 180fps? If GTA:O is going to last as long as some think it will, they will eventually have to upgrade to that resolution/frame rate.

4K screens are too expensive and aren't as widely available as 1080p screens.

Besides, even if they do become popular, 4K is far far too demanding for current-gen consoles.

Bad ports have a way of being fixed by modders XD

gta_ice.jpg

• Like 3