2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

2. Support

3. Suggestions

GTAForums does NOT endorse or allow any kind of GTA Online modding, mod menus, tools or account selling/hacking. Do NOT post them here or advertise them, as per the forum rules.
*DO NOT* SHARE MEDIA OR LINKS TO LEAKED COPYRIGHTED MATERIAL. Discussion is allowed.

Temp Ban Race Quitters?

Flash525

I'm sure we've all been there, in a race, whether we're doing really well, or really poor, and a bunch of people will leave that race (usually when not doing so great); unless I'm mistaken, this effects the results (cash & RP) and if so many people quit that you're eventually racing alone, it affects your race statistics (wins/loses) also; or rather, it doesn't affect them so much as you don't gain the contribution that you might have worked for.

How would people feel about bad sport races being given a cooldown on racing again if they quit an ongoing race? Occasionally people may start a race, then get disconnected or have to leave for genuine reasons; those don't concern me, as those instances can't be helped. If people need to leave urgently, then it's a safe bet they're not coming back anytime soon.

I think, if people quit a race that they're sucking in, they should be given a real-time temporary ban (of say an hour) before they can join another race. It's not drastic, but it stops people jumping into races only to quit them if they're not doing well enough, only to then try again almost instantaneously.

What does everyone think?

• Like 3

Sounds reasonable. I agree with your point but sometimes it's understandable that people leave. Don't know if you've ever experienced it yourself, but several times now it's happened to me that a random race is really a trap. The other two or three guys in the lobby are friends or crew mates and will do anything to stop you and ram you off the road so one of their group can win. Yeah I'm not sitting through a whole race of people working together just to get me.

And there are some custom races with extremely difficult elaborate ramps that may take a newbie 20 minutes to get right. I'm not fond of these ramps to begin with, and after trying two or three times I'll probably leave.

What I mean to say is that leaving a race is not always rage quitting or not wanting you to get rewards, sometimes a race is the opposite of what you like or the people are being so annoying that you'd rather back out and play a different race.

That being said I almost never play random races so it doesn't really apply to me, but it's happened before I joined a crew that hosts fun races and has clean drivers.

• Like 7

They get a bad sport point as it is and I believe counts as a loss - haven't checked it.

If they want to quit early, it hasn't seemed to cause any problems for me.

• Like 1

lazyassedlover

what about disconnection..its happened to me while im in the lead...

Sounds reasonable. I agree with your point but sometimes it's understandable that people leave. Don't know if you've ever experienced it yourself, but several times now it's happened to me that a random race is really a trap. The other two or three guys in the lobby are friends or crew mates and will do anything to stop you and ram you off the road so one of their group can win. Yeah I'm not sitting through a whole race of people working together just to get me.

This being the case (which is rare, though it has happened to me) I don't quit out. If I enter a race that has a bunch of people all from the same clan, then I quit out before it starts. If it's just one or two ruining it for the majority, and if I'm in a position of insignificance, I'll do a them; I'll turn my car around and try to take out the guy they're trying to help. If there are say, 7 people racing, and three of the 7 are in a clan, if two of the 7 are attempting to ruin the race for the remaining four so that their friend can win, I'll make it my duty to take out their friend, thus hoping that one of the other four gain the position.

And there are some custom races with extremely difficult elaborate ramps that may take a newbie 20 minutes to get right. I'm not fond of these ramps to begin with, and after trying two or three times I'll probably leave.

Maybe my proposition can be enabled for rockstar created and rockstar approved jobs only? To my knowledge, they've not approved any races that are truly that difficult to complete.

• Like 1

No they shouldn't punish that crazy for rage quitting

If it's long haul without catchup on I'm not staying after some noob douche send me flying off that cliff early on

• Like 2

I'm sure we've all been there, in a race, whether we're doing really well, or really poor, and a bunch of people will leave that race (usually when not doing so great); unless I'm mistaken, this effects the results (cash & RP) and if so many people quit that you're eventually racing alone, it affects your race statistics (wins/loses) also; or rather, it doesn't affect them so much as you don't gain the contribution that you might have worked for.

How would people feel about bad sport races being given a cooldown on racing again if they quit an ongoing race? Occasionally people may start a race, then get disconnected or have to leave for genuine reasons; those don't concern me, as those instances can't be helped. If people need to leave urgently, then it's a safe bet they're not coming back anytime soon.

I think, if people quit a race that they're sucking in, they should be given a real-time temporary ban (of say an hour) before they can join another race. It's not drastic, but it stops people jumping into races only to quit them if they're not doing well enough, only to then try again almost instantaneously.

The red is the best point you make. Although that's not going to be the case 100% of the time, it is still going to mostly be true. I think 48 minutes (24hours in game) would be a good amount of time before a player could rejoin a race.

Be Real..

there's no way to know why another player left mid race..

Race on Xbox.

at least you'll have a chance of getting a full race field

Not so much on ps3.. you'll be racing one other player most of the time or sitting there waiting for others to join..

unless ya got a bunch a friends with ya..

I spent 19 minutes in a custom race once. It was a point-to-point race. Really short, with narrow ramps climbing into the sky like a spiral staircase that led to the top of a very tall building. The only problem was that the ramp right before the roof was placed too far away from the building. You needed to be going fast to make it, but there was no way to be going fast because it was a spiraling, narrow climb. At 17 minutes in, I was half on the last ramp and half on the building's roof, but I was stuck there. I messaged the other player and told him that I'd have to quit. Then somehow he managed to nudge me onto the roof and he sat still and waited for me to finish. Worst race ever.

THANK GOD for non-contact races, a lot of people quit in the lobby because their legit racing skills suck and they can't win by ramming lol :D

If it's long haul without catchup on I'm not staying after some noob douche send me flying off that cliff early on

See, that's a hypocritical statement. You're pretty much saying you're a quitter. You join a race, and if it looks like you're not going to win, you run away from your loss.

If I joined Long Haul and saw that Catchup was off, I would leave the session and find another race, not join it and hope that I don't get taken out early on.

I spent 19 minutes in a custom race once. It was a point-to-point race. Really short, with narrow ramps climbing into the sky like a spiral staircase that led to the top of a very tall building. The only problem was that the ramp right before the roof was placed too far away from the building. You needed to be going fast to make it, but there was no way to be going fast because it was a spiraling, narrow climb. At 17 minutes in, I was half on the last ramp and half on the building's roof, but I was stuck there. I messaged the other player and told him that I'd have to quit. Then somehow he managed to nudge me onto the roof and he sat still and waited for me to finish. Worst race ever.

As stated above, my proposal should be implemented for approved (and rockstar created) jobs only. The race you described is obviously a glitched creation, and as such Rockstar would never verify it.

48 minutes would be good and the only race i have left was because i picked the super class for a motobike trials track, there was no way you could complete it on any other class then motobikes!

i downloaded the track from social club not realising it was designed for motobikes

Epsilon_Program

I think people who host the '1000000RP/11000000Cash' deathmatches should have their consoles banned.

They can kill you so quick in them that you cannot even bring the start menu up & when you do and you leave you get a bad sport warning.

It's a nice idea, for a Utopian society, but it would never work in the real world. There are too many reasons why people would end up getting temp-banned from racing, that aren't them simply being a douche and rage quitting or cry quitting. This idea would punish too many innocent people so I've got to say it's a terrible idea.

• Like 2

i like the concept but i agree with the other person that said what about getting disconnected unintentionally, etc.

I don't see how they would distinguish between that & a quitter.

QuackinAColdOne

What I mean to say is that leaving a race is not always rage quitting or not wanting you to get rewards, sometimes a race is the opposite of what you like or the people are being so annoying that you'd rather back out and play a different race.

That being said I almost never play random races so it doesn't really apply to me, but it's happened before I joined a crew that hosts fun races and has clean drivers.

Have you tried joining Red Rum Racing, m8?

Yes I know I saw your Sig

So you're say in essence OP. " I don't like player x decision, ban him". LOTS of reasons why someone quits a race. From A to Z. I for one have a life. Something happens and I back out of the race and free up my slot. And to think I was being polite.

• Like 2

CarnageRacing00

I don't want to be punished for losing connection, or for leaving a race that's glitched or being trolled.

• Like 2

So you're say in essence OP. " I don't like player x decision, ban him". LOTS of reasons why someone quits a race. From A to Z. I for one have a life. Something happens and I back out of the race and free up my slot. And to think I was being polite.

I think, but not 100% sure that OP meant while during the actual race, not in the joining screen.

I don't want to be punished for losing connection, or for leaving a race that's glitched or being trolled.

There are plenty of people who have been bad sported for R*s sh*tty servers, due to their lack of upkeep. Sadly it seems those people will be bad sported faster than the actual rage quitters. But lately the servers have been good, I've only had 3 timeouts in the last 2 weeks. 5-6 weeks ago I was getting 4-6 a day.

Edited by SteveNYC81

I don't like it. If someone wants to quit a race, give them a loss and move on. No big deal. I stuck it out in a crappy race the other day that took 50 minutes to complete (one of those motorcycle stunt things). I stayed on the whole way and waited foreeeeever for two people to finish the track so the countdown timer would start just so I could give the track a dislike, lol. But normally if I'm suckered into a crap race like that I'll just bail. And I don't think I should get bad sport for it.

besides, even if everyone else drops out and you are the only one left at the end, you still get a win. As long as someone else started the race with you. So you don't really lose anything if people quit out, right? Just a little money and RP (very little), but if it's money and RP you are after you should be racing solo anyway...

Maybe my proposition can be enabled for rockstar created and rockstar approved jobs only? To my knowledge, they've not approved any races that are truly that difficult to complete.

It should be enabled that you don't get any punishment for leaving a non-verified race or DM. There are so many poor creations out there.

Temp ban players who had a disconnection or timed out during the race? Temp ban players who quit the race because it has jumps?

NOPE.

Like others have said, not everyone quits races just because they're losing. If people find themselves in a rigged custom race where only the host knows how to complete the track, of course the majority of people are going to quit.

Also, there are those hosts who like to lure people into a race, and then switch to a class where no one has custom cars at the last second (such as sedans or utility). Even if you're Broughy1322, there's no way you're beating a fully upgraded Sadler in a stock Faggio or Caddy, so what's the point in wasting your time trying in that race?

Edited by Giantsgiants

You should not get banned for that.

unless I'm mistaken, this effects the results (cash & RP) and if so many people quit that you're eventually racing alone, it affects your race statistics (wins/loses) also; or rather, it doesn't affect them so much as you don't gain the contribution that you might have worked for.

If that's true, then why won't rockstar make it that cash and RP depends on how many players started the race?

Shootinalloveryourface

What if you leave the race because you have a life to tend to?

• Like 1