2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

2. Support

3. Suggestions

*DO NOT* SHARE MEDIA OR LINKS TO LEAKED COPYRIGHTED MATERIAL. Discussion is allowed.

Why do you all hate GTA Online so much?

Son of Zeus

First: Online fanboys don't bother coming here and posting meaningless sh*t. This is NOT the place for it.

Second: So we all know why we all hate GTA V. I thought let's see what the Gta O haters have to say.

I would say something to start, but I can't as I haven't played it.

Mods may feel free to move this topic if this isn't the current place.

universetwisters

I've played it. It's somewhat of an MMO fueled by cash cards, 11 year olds, and supercars. I personally think it's a cancer that's going to lead to the downfall of GTA considering the work they put into online and how much single player lacked. f*ck, I wouldn't be surprised if the next GTA was strictly online considering the recent turn of events

Main focus. Just main focus.

I'm probably the one who hates it the least here, but I would guess taking the limelight from single player. I still hope they focus on SP more the next time now that they got the core multiplayer component they've been planning all this years out of the way.

People don't like it simply because it's Rockstar's first huge multiplayer component. They dislike how it requires much work and focus to keep it up and running for the most part. They'll be ven more upset when Rockstar's ditches GTA V including Online as a whole when the next Rockstar title comes out.

Freezing, crashing, disconnected from GTA: Online, bad free-aim servers, cheatsy-doodle players, griefers, glitches, etc.

Most of the hate comes from all the sh*tty players and disconnects/freezes they get, not necessarily the game itself.

People don't like it simply because it's Rockstar's first huge multiplayer component. They dislike how it requires much work and focus to keep it up and running for the most part. They'll be ven more upset when Rockstar's ditches GTA V including Online as a whole when the next Rockstar title comes out.

Oh Come on! Be fair! People don't hate ONLINE, rather are upset with the current state of the Single-player.

It's cold and lacks a lot of exciting and nerve-wracking challenges and activities. It's more like a Sim, of course, it is, with all the more action and plenty of GTA fun stored for ONLINE.

I mean, as per the latest confirmed activities for NG/PC they are including wildlife photography, and new shooting range challenges, and that's what we get in single-player, for now!

Does that sound appropriate for the game like GTA?

Hopefully, they would add some things that really make sense with the story mode DLC.

But, they still haven't spoken anything regarding the DLC, thus it's absolutely saddening they don't give us what we should have gotten in the single-player than switching ONLINE just for the sake of the complete experience.

This isn't the f*cking way to enjoy single-player!

• Like 2

Algonquin Assassin

I was quite excited for GTAO pre-release actually, but the buggy as f*ck launch turned me off it and the fact it has features that would've served single player well.

If they add Liberty City one day I might show some more interest, but for now I don't necessarily "hate" it. I just find it disappointing like GTA V in general really.

GTA IV Signature V4 by Lettermaniac on DeviantArt

It's too punishing as well, you can't escape the cops on a bike because they ram you with enough force to kill you, impounded cars, killing pedestrians and raising the mental status, losing 500 everytime you die, terminator cops/enemies (that's also in SP) et cetera.

GTA shouldn't focus on online multiplayer, its a cancer leading to the doom of the franchise. Single Player is what should've had the focus, a decent multiplayer like IV. That said its also lacking that magic we saw before release.

I love the idea behind Online. A custom character, roaming the world and becoming the ultimate gangster.

But what happened, was:

- ugly character creation

- lack of character customization

- too unrealistic (get rid of playlists and instant jobs! Realism!)

- no Story (The intro sequence was the only cutscene in the game...)

- jobs in a seperate lobby

- too casual

• Like 3

fueled by cash cards, 11 year olds, and supercars.

See, I thought I would hate it and these would be the reasons, but having spent a good few months playing solo sessions, and occasionally playing with others, this is not the case.

No one I've spoken to when playing it has ever bought a cash card. Cash cards are not a problem.

The only thing I hate about Online is that more of my friends can't join me in it, as they don't have the game.

Signatures are dumb anyway.

The people who play it. i tried to get into it again. I got to the part where you buy clothes for the first time and while buying stuff i got shot and killed and i had to sit through that stupid Kiflom thing. Then the part where you have to rob the gas station somebody ran in and stole the money i just robbed and killed the guy giving be three stars then while i was getting in my car he shot me. Then the next thing I had to do was fix up my car I want to own i fixed it up came out of the shop a guy then shot me in my car then blew it up. I'm done. F*uck online and its dumb*ss COD players.

Edited by Acetaminophen
  • Like 2

The people who play it. i tried to get into it again. I got to the part where you buy clothes for the first time and while buying stuff i got shot and killed and i had to sit through that stupid Kiflom thing. Then the part where you have to rob the gas station somebody ran in and stole the money i just robbed and killed the guy giving be three stars then while i was getting in my car he shot me. Then the next thing I had to do was fix up my car I want to own i fixed it up came out of the shop a guy then shot me in my car then blew it up. I'm done. F*uck online and its dumb*ss COD players.

Play solo or invite only sessions!

• Like 2

WHY????? I'll give you reasons f*cking why

- It has features that GTA V (THE MAIN PRIORITY A.K.A SP) doesn't have, such as being able to buy stuff from 24/7 stores and store them in your ''pocket'' and eat them whenever your health goes down in any situation (from the interaction menu or whatever the f*ck its called)

- Being able to buy APARTMENTS, another feature that is not in SP A.K.A Grand Theft Auto V.

-10 space garage, once again ANOTHER feature that's not in SP but is present in this Online mode. Give all your pathetic excuses like ''All three protagonists combined with the impound is over 20 car space...'' Its stupid and annoying. For one, why can't we just simply be able to BUY GARAGES FOR EACH PROTAGONIST IN SP ??????????????????????????????????????????A

- Full of modern day and age pathetic 11 year old fa**ots who think they are badass behind a microphone, acting all tough and smart all the time. Wich annoys me even more.

-Hackers.... obviously. Lvl100 idiots and other annoying stuff they do. Destroyed GTA Online from the get-go.

-BOOOOOORRRRRINNGGG. Its simply boring as f*ck. All you do is play repetetive missions only to make a grand, and then not being able to spend it because of R* overpricing in game products for microtransactions (A.K.A MONEEEEHHHHHH)

- Everything is overpriced. Every weapon, car, car mod, etc etc costs double as much as it does in SP. Why? Because of, wait for it. Wait for it. Wait for it..... wait for it............. MICROTRANSACTIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

- Did not get what we were promised. Remember back in July 2013 when we thought that GTA Online would be the ultimate online experience in wich you could hang out with your crew and you alongside your crew would do alot of amazing and fun stuff, like you were a group of some sort. These things where: doing missions together, heists together, robbing stores together, killing each other for fun, doing random fun sh*t for fun, having crew war with other crews, and the list goes on... But no, what we got was a greedy Online mode wich only wants money money money and money (greedy R* at the moment....) Although this wasn't hype, there was one trailer we got: and we thought that's the way it would be. Man, thinking about it: R' are such smartasses.

-Cash cards.... Do I need to explain why? Of course not. Unless you don't know anything about online, in wich I wouldn't blame you.

So there you go. There are the reasons why I hate and always will hate the thing so called ''GTA Online''.

Oh btw, did I forget to mention the insurance feature that is present in Online but not V? Pardon me. Oh sh*t, I forgot another feature too: the calling Lester when you have a wanted level and getting rid of it in GTA Online, but not being able to do it on what should have been the main focus: SP (Also known as, Grand Theft Auto V)

Edited by Phoenix_Shit

- Full of modern day and age pathetic 11 year old fa**ots who think they are badass behind a microphone, acting all tough and smart all the time. Wich annoys me even more.

P_S, don't take this the wrong way, but isn't this basically the same as what they're doing?!

• Like 6

The main reason is because Rockstar focused so heavily on GTA Online, thus giving us a half-assed, piss poor storyline with 2 protagonists that's hardly a person I'd like to meet.

Because of this reason, the city, storyline (especially) and its overall premise leaves much to be desired.

For instance, take a look at GTA IV. Yes, it had multiplayer. Yes it had an amazing modding community. Yes the community for multiplayer was huge. But was the single player experience terrible? No. Amazing story, detailed back stories, antagonists that really catch the essence of betrayal, and a protagonist's past coming back to haunt them.

Then look at GTA V. Huge focus on GTA Online, and what do we get single player wise?

The story leaves MANY questions. Why did Norton kill Brad but not Trevor? Why did Trevor move out to San Andreas? Why did Michael's relationship with Amanda suddenly come to a halt? Why in the f*ck was The Lost MC made the enemy gang in GTA V and making Trevor kill one of the greatest GTA protagonists of all time, Johnny? Why? What, WHY?

That magic, that wonder, that feeling of regret when making the decision in GTA IV, that emotion, Niko's hardest decision of all time, a choice between Roman and Kate, Mallorie having to raise a child without Roman, Niko in such deep trouble, his past coming to haunt him...

ALL of that. Is gone in GTA V.

That's why.

Now, I don't necessarily hate GTA Online, I just wish that Rockstar made it their second priority, and put all of their resources into creating an amazing single player experience.

Edited by The7thOne

dVOJf7l.png

Oh I do play solo. I meant F*ck online as in playing with people.

• Like 1

Oh I do play solo. I meant F*ck online as in playing with people.

Solo, for me, is basically SP+. It takes less time to switch to Online solo than it would to switch from IV to either TLAD or TBOGT. Still can't understand why people refuse to play it that way!

I do not ''hate'' GTA Online, so maybe I'm not qualified to answer according to you, but I do it anyway:

I dislike GTA O because it clearly have made a negative impact on Singleplayer. I don't care about GTA O itself.

Edited by Cyper

P_S, don't take this the wrong way, but isn't this basically the same as what they're doing?!

What do you mean? Same as what the're doing? You mean everyday or what?

• Like 1

I see a lot of complaints about the cash cards, yet I don't know anybody who has ever bought one, although in a way I agree that having to grind missions is ridiculous. I remember seeing somebody on my XBL friends list playing the Rooftop Rumble mission for about four hours straight (As I kept getting invites to play it), although the guy was definitely over-doing it.

Now I don't hate GTA Online, but I don't love it as much as most of us had hoped to when it was announced. The idea of GTA Online is brilliant, having your own character that you create from scratch, doing missions, making money and making a name for yourself within the city. People have been wanting to play as 'themselves' within GTA for years, and Online was supposed to be the perfect platform for it. The outcome however, wasn't exactly to the expectations of the community. After seeing new features in Online that were most likely cut from the single player, I wonder how many things were actually cut back from the single player in order to put focus on the multiplayer. While I don't think that the multiplayer was the main focus during development, I feel that it would have been better if the multiplayer was developed a little after the game was released, because then it means that full development could happen to the single player and we might have received a far more memorable experience, and could have been extremely hyped up for the multiplayer as we continuously play through the single player in excitement. Rockstar consider GTA Online as it's own standalone game, so surely it would have been better had this standalone game been developed after finishing up on the storyline.

Something I feel is annoying is the amount of Downloadable Content within the Multiplayer. Now I'm not annoyed at the lack of heists, since I know they're coming, however what I do find annoying is the random little DLC content that is added, a barrage of new weapons that to me, just feel tacked on. What's the point of leveling up to unlock an assault rifle when you can simply buy the DLC assault rifle that is on par with the one you unlock at a high level. For me, adding these different DLC weapons that are available to everybody just ruins the point of leveling up. You start the game at Level 0, equipped with the most basic handgun, as a low level thug, and as you level up, unlocking more weapons and more demanding missions, you feel like you're gaining more power as you finally unlock a powerful weapon. This purpose for me, is ruined when you can pick up a nice selection of weapons from the get-go.

Although I can't blame the game for this, the players are annoying to deal with, and for the most part I play GTA Online in private sessions with just me or with friends. When playing online with other players, it turns into a bloodbath. The majority of players I run into Online play the game like it's a Team Deathmatch or just another shooter. You get the one kid flying around in a jet blowing up players as they exit their houses, the guy who will crash into you and spray a barrage of bullets through your windshield the moment you drive past him on the roads of Los Santos. There's one time I remember when I drove by an Ammu-Nation and another player was outside. Now the moment I stepped out of my vehicle, with the intention of buying ammo, the guy whips his weapon up, aiming it at me. Although he didn't shoot me, it just shows that players don't trust anybody, the moment they see another blip on the radar approaching them, they stop and prepare for combat. Understandably Rockstar added the Mental State in a way to combat this, so players know who is a killer and who isn't, but it hasn't worked. It reminds me of DayZ, and how people absolutely hate when players kill others on sight, without reason. The developers of DayZ try to add new ways to stop killing on sight and make the game more interactive between players, but there really isn't any way to stop it, which is much like GTA Online.

don ovdi' island

well, in response to the title I believe people who enjoy the single player element of this game are disappointed that R* pretty much threw together some crap for single player and put all their focus to online.

Personally I like it, I've been playing since it came out and I'm at the point where I can't really enjoy the single player aspect of games anymore, except for old games like ps2 games n sh*t.

I still wish GTAO had a GTA IV style multiplayer free roam lobby, but I think the game has been much much more enjoyable since the mission payout was restructured. Seriously. I made a second character (finally) and reached rank 30 and got about 500K in 12 hours of play. Granted, for the first time I've been playing more missions than free roam - but now the missions are actually worth playing. Btw, I scoff at rooftop rumble invites now.

godforgivesthelostdont

I don't hate it.

It's average, okay, decent. But if I'm going to spend an hour playing a game, I'm going to play something that's really great. Not just something that's meh.

• Like 1

Lethal Vaccine

Solo, for me, is basically SP+. It takes less time to switch to Online solo than it would to switch from IV to either TLAD or TBOGT. Still can't understand why people refuse to play it that way!

2 reasons for me: 1, my PS3's PSN is f*cked up. When I got my PS3 in 2008, I had a different ISP. Stopped gaming until Sept. 2013, then forgot my password. Why don't I change it? Cuz I gotta call Sony directly, and when I tried I was on hold hell for over an hour, so I just hung up. I don't feel like busting my balls for something that doesn't even interest me from what I hear, anyways. 2, because I do NOT want to be a statistic of someone playing Online. If I become a statistic, along with the next guy playing Online, then Rockstar is only going to assume that everyone likes it and wants it to be this heavily in a GTA game, whereas I don't. I grew up with SP and I want that to continue. It's like being a vegetarian meanwhile you eat meat 2 times a month. Either you are a vegetarian or you are not. I am a single player gamer, and I will NOT show any support for something I do NOT want inside a game that I do want, which is GTA, and if they continue doing this it's a simple solution: Stop buying and save my cash for much more important things than a video game made by a once loved company.

• Like 3