[Theories] What happened to Claude?

Robinism

I just completed GTA III again (probably for the 100th time) and came to think about it: What do you think happened to Claude after the story was finished? This time I did all the side missions and other stuff (right now I'm at 97% with some stuff left to do) and that made me get even more enemies than usual. At the end of the game, both the Triads, the Leone Mob family, the Diablos (after the mission "Uzi Rider"), the Uptown Yardies (after the mission "Kingdom Come") and the Colombian Cartel had become enemies of Claude. There is no way he could've stayed in Liberty City without being killed.

Many fans have discussed this before - what happened to Claude? Did he move to another town? He wasn't killed, according to official Rockstar Games statements. Some have pointed out that Ray says "See you in Miami" after his last mission, but this is probably a hint about the following Vice City game rather than something else. Or did Claude move to Vice City? Will he be the main protagonist in the next GTA game?? Is it going to be called GTA VI(CE) CITY???

I'm kidding. But what are your theories about Claudes fate?

I always went with the assumption he would've ended up in jail; after The Exchange it states "there are still no leads as to the cause of the massacre" implying he got away, however after escaping from a prison convoy, killing witnesses, shooting down planes and helicopters, orchestrating prison escapes along with whatever other escapades Claude got up to, I think it's safe to say that there would probably be a state wide manhunt for him, with one of the many people/organizations he crossed along the way being more than happy to pursue him.

tRSmCi4.gif

Harerama Chakraborty

Well, I've always thought that he wasn't going to live in Liberty City for longer. I think he might have moved to San Andreas, because everybody where after Claude's ass in LC.

• Like 2

The Mysterious One

I would like to think he fled Liberty City after everything that happened. He was a marked man after the events of GTA III.

Dead. The story was the high point of his life. Now he's wanted dead by every gang in the city, and the government probably didn't take his actions too kindly either.

universetwisters

Claude dropped his gun after saving Maria, causing it to go off. "Oh well," Claude thought, as he and Maria boarded a plane to Tahiti and spent the rest of their lives performing in a Jimmy Buffet cover band

sTgL5iS.png

It's very unlikely that we will ever know the truth though, right? I mean, protagonists from the 3D era rarely shows up in the HD era. Has it EVER happened, by the way? Aside from maybe being mentioned or hinted at in some HD era dialouge.

Edited by Robinism

universetwisters

It's very unlikely that we will ever know the truth though, right? I mean, protagonists from the 3D era rarely shows up in the HD era. Has it EVER happened, by the way? Aside from maybe being mentioned or hinted at in some HD era dialouge.

Claude can be the father for your GTA online character if that counts, even though it looks nothing like Claude.

sTgL5iS.png

protagonists from the 3D era rarely shows up in the HD era. Has it EVER happened, by the way? Aside from maybe being mentioned or hinted at in some HD era dialouge.

Writing on the walls on apartment building in Broker "R.I.P Claude" same for Tommy, Toni, Vic, and CJ. Suggesting they all died. I think it's :r*: hinting that they'll never go back to them, though, honestly.

• Like 2

I have never seen that easter egg before. But yeah, we will probably never see them again in another GTA game.

Claudes clothes is in Playbox X mansion in GTA IV lol thats just weird. But if he would had lived in LC he would had lived like a vietnam veteran "but younger then other 3D protoganist tho" But nobody likes him and he wouldn´t take sh*t from anybody and he was still dangerous and sh*t.

He had to relive his whole fate from the beginning everytime some dumb player clicked on "Start New Game" even if Claude didn't want to go through all this mess again. This phenomena prevents any good future he might could have experienced......

Re: "See you in Miami"...

The followup to GTAIII was originally planned to be an expansion (at the time GTAIII was in development). If that had been used, it's possible that he would have been the player character there, too. They wisely chose against this marketing strategy before completion of GTAIII.

The "RIP" messages in GTAIV is just to signify that they have no future plans to revisit the GTAIII-era plotlines (i.e. the characters are dead to them). Except for Vic in VCS, who specifically dies at the start of VC, the actual fates of the protagonists are ambiguous.

• Like 2

The "RIP" messages in GTAIV is just to signify that they have no future plans to revisit the GTAIII-era plotlines (i.e. the characters are dead to them). Except for Vic in VCS, who specifically dies at the start of VC, the actual fates of the protagonists are ambiguous.

Didn't I say that? Lol.

Sasuke Uzumaki

I think the ending of the game is ambiguous. Basically, it's up to your own imagination to decide what happens to Claude.

I was thinking, the ending is left ambiguous after the gunshot, with everyone assuming Claude either shot Maria, or shot to shut her up. What if she was instead talking loads of jargon to distract Claude, at which point she shoots him and loots all of the money he has earned? I mean after she leaves Salvatore thereby cutting her ties with the mafia and Asuka getting killed she wouldn't have any solid source of income or support, and she is stuck with Claude who just so happens to (by the ending anyway) have millions. Judging by the fact she doesn't seem phased skipping between men, she could easily kill (or injure and get him sent to prison, Catalina style) Claude, steal all of his money and disappear.

Just a thought.

tRSmCi4.gif

I think Claude shot Maria. I remember being very disappointed by this when I completed the game the first time around back in 2002. I mean, after all that hustle rescuing her from the Colombians, paying them a huge load of money and so on. On the other hand, the main goal for Claude probably was getting revenge on Catalina. Other than that, he didn't really seem to care. Maria seemed to be the one attracted to Claude (and his money) and not the other way around. It really adds to his psycopatic persona though, shooting somebody like that, just for talking too much. Hah!

• Like 3

I don't assume either scenario. To me, the shot just signals to run the credits. i.e. the question of "What happens next?" is answered "There is no 'next'. The story is over". But leaving a plot element unresolved seems to be rare these days.

• 3 weeks later...

well i would like to see claude return. i would like to see claude return because out of between him and nico from gta iv he must be arguably the best character to play in a gta game.

he might make a return in the gta v dlc yet if c.j. is going to be in it from san andreas. claude did appear in san andreas remember.

Thou forgot Tommy!

tommy was actually voiced by a famous hollywood actor, but the name escapes me - anyway, he sounded really smarmy. claude looked ruthless and by not saying anything it added to his masculinity. i actually haven't played gta iv including any of the dlc but nico is second best imo when it comes to best gta character.

as i said maybe claude will come back with c.j. in the gta v dlc but i wouldn't put money on it.

I hope he is dead.

"Let death take my enemies by surprise; let them go down alive to the grave, for evil finds lodging among them."

I hope he is dead.

He is corfimed not to be dead, by R*.

So, he may still be a criminal, roaming around and killing for money.

HeroBrineR007

Thou forgot Tommy!

tommy was actually voiced by a famous hollywood actor, but the name escapes me - anyway, he sounded really smarmy. claude looked ruthless and by not saying anything it added to his masculinity. i actually haven't played gta iv including any of the dlc but nico is second best imo when it comes to best gta character.

as i said maybe claude will come back with c.j. in the gta v dlc but i wouldn't put money on it.

HOW CAN THOU FORGET ABOUT RAY LIOTTA?!?

OMG I THINK YOU SHOULD REPLAY VICE CITY!

No seriously, how can you forget about Ray Liotta?

Edited by HeroBrineR007

Claude lives happily in Shorside Vale.

gtafsig.png?ex=6581f21c&is=656f7d1c&hm=9

• 3 weeks later...
Blastoise1994

Honestly? What happened to Claude, as I see it, is whatever you wanted to happen to Claude. Why? Because Claude, at least following what's known of the development of GTA III, was simply a placeholder representing the player. I can kind of see him being a solid, canon character considering his cameo in San Andreas, but that doesn't change the fact that from the beginning, Claude was just a stand-in for all of us.

If I could write a story for Claude though, I would assume he probably left the country shortly after the events of GTA III, hiding somewhere, probably in a small country in Europe, in plain sight. Maybe he's changed his name, perhaps even changed some aspects of his appearance, for example, dying his hair and/or growing a beard. Nobody knows who he is, where he's from or where he's going, nobody ever bothers him and he never bothers anybody, but that's exactly what he's always wanted, a retirement swimming in consequence free riches and a beautiful woman by his side.

Nah nah nah Gta 6

maria shot claude at the end of gta 3 with a shotgun

Edited by Nah nah nah Gta 6
its true
  • Like 1

TrevorSpeed914

It's more plausible that he leaves than stays since there are several gangs out to kill him and he has no future business in Liberty. Considering he's spent time in San Andreas, he may move there.