Do you like Avenged Sevenfold?

Anda7x

My favorite band so far.

Old school headbangers really this band but i dont really care.

Here's the best of this guys in my opinion

Edited by Avenged Sevenfold

Well formerly I used to dig to them. But upon traversing the much more underground metal style I wanted to hear somewhat changed my opinion about metalcore bands such as them. I rarely listen to them anymore and as much I wanted to, it's not acceptable for me anymore.

They don't do much for me. I'm sure in a big arena it works really well, but I prefer small gigs, where you can feel the air blowing from the amps, where it doesn't take 40 minutes to grab a beer, and where the band are still aware that they're human beings.

• Like 6
Signatures are dumb anyway.

EpicnessInABox

Is my favorite band.

Is a new band,i know much people hate this band but this guys have talent

If you don't know listen the best music for my of this guys:

They're not new. They have been around since 1999. But, yes. A7X is my favorite band. Just because they've changed their style of music isn't going to change my perspective of them. Nightmare has to be my favorite album. They've been through a lot. A lot that i've been through. They lost Jimmy (The Rev) back in 09 (their drummer for those who don't know), and they've dedicated quite a few songs off the Nightmare album to him. (So Far Away, Victim, Buried Alive) I can relate to their loss. I lost my bestfriend tragically a year and a half ago, so a lot of their songs hit close to home.

Atreyu

Rise against

Alexisonfire

Welcome to the world of metal

Edited by hornedturtle
  • Like 2

They have a couple of decent songs and their self-titled is pretty good. Killswitch engage are the best for metalcore you should give them a listen; Asking Alexandria are decent too.

Yes and no. I'll listen to them with no complaints if someone puts them on at work but I'm not going to rush out and buy any of their albums. They don't really sound all that original - the stuff I've heard so far sounds like a cross between Good Charlotte, Queen and Load/Reload era Metallica.

No, couldnt stand them. and after that "This Means War" song, i lost respect for them, if i ever had any. they ripped off Metallica.

Is my favorite band.

They're not new. They have been around since 1999. But, yes. A7X is my favorite band. Just because they've changed their style of music isn't going to change my perspective of them. Nightmare has to be my favorite album. They've been through a lot. A lot that i've been through. They lost Jimmy (The Rev) back in 09 (their drummer for those who don't know), and they've dedicated quite a few songs off the Nightmare album to him. (So Far Away, Victim, Buried Alive) I can relate to their loss. I lost my bestfriend tragically a year and a half ago, so a lot of their songs hit close to home.

I know they are not, but I think the bands that released new albums after the 2000's, so 14 years for a band can be considered new.
My criterion is starting the release of the first album, which was in 2001 (sounding the seventh trumpet)

Is my favorite band.

I know they are not, but I think the bands that released new albums after the 2000's, so 14 years for a band can be considered new.
My criterion is starting the release of the first album, which was in 2001 (sounding the seventh trumpet)

In what warped perception of reality is 14 year old new

Is my favorite band.

In what warped perception of reality is 14 year old new

To be fair, I think a lot of people hadn't heard of The Metallica Tribute Band Avenged Sevnfold until pretty recently.

I'd say it's a pretty decent band, I used to heavily listen to their two last records about 1 year ago.

Their last album is great, not very special but it definitely do the trick. Hail to the King (the song) has a killer solo ! I like Planet too.

From Nightmare, my favorite song is by far Danger Line.

There's also the album released before Nightmare, City of Evil. that I found average. Some songs are stuck between heavy inspiration and rip off (I remember a song which sounded like Double Talkin Jive from Guns N Roses). The title track however was pretty cool in my memory, I think the solo sounded like a nursery rhyme !

Avenged Sevenfold has always been a favorite of mine. Afterlife, Almost Easy, Bat Country and Welcome to the Family are a few of my favorites from them. I know some people don't like them (Especially metal hipsters.) but I don't think there's any denying they have a lot of talent, I don't think anyone with working ears can listen to some of the guitar solos and drumming on their songs and say that they're not a talented group.

They are very much a product of their influences. 1970's NWOBHM, 1980's Bay Area thrash and NYHC, 1990's Gothenburg melodic death metal and southern US post-thrash. Shame that they're so much less than the sum of their parts.

Untitled-1.jpg
AMD Ryzen 5900X (4.7GHz All-Core PBO2) | Gigabye X570S Pro | 32GB G-Skill Trident Z RGB 3600MHz CL16

EK-Quantum Reflection D5 | XSPC D5 PWM | TechN CPU Blocks | HardwareLabs GTS & GTX 360 Radiators
Corsair AX750 | Lian Li PC-O11 Dynamic XL | ASUS RTX 4080 TUF @2970MHz | Sabrant Rocket Plus 1TB
Sabrant Rocket 2TB | Samsung 970 Evo 1TB | 2x ASUS ROG Swift PG279Q | Q Acoustics 2010i | Sabaj A4

I do quite enjoy Waking the Fallen, but it's more of it being a vehicle for nostalgia-- the time and people with which I listened to it are more important to me than the music itself.

kzgN7qp.png

universetwisters

I do not like avenged sevenfold nor do I like any similar sounding artists.

sTgL5iS.png

theworldfamous

No. I'm a second generation hc kid at heart. I like the early metalcore, not the new stuff...its an entirely different atmosphere...too slow and plodding, too emo, too many mormon looking dudes from the midwest.

H8000 bitches.

Not trying to be hateful though. Its great that something that came from hc went big and touched a lot people. That's what it was all about so that's cool.

Metal hipsters? Don't discuss music with metalheads..they're single mindedly into what they love and not interested in anything else. Lame.

Metal hipsters? Don't discuss music with metalheads..they're single mindedly into what they love and not interested in anything else. Lame.

Maybe the meathead death metal gorillas, but you'd be surprised how many people into metal are into more than just - though I guess that calls into the question whether or not their "metalheads" (which is an annoying label).

As for Avenged Sevenfold being new, they aren't. Am30's point about "most people not knowing about them until recently" probably goes to illustrate the long stretch where they weren't in the mainstream metal limeline.

As for the band itself, I've never liked them in any way shape or form. sivis hit the nail on the head. They started out as some late 90s metalcore breakdown sh*t riff fest, then tried to get more of an edge with their songs and songwriting, rip off nwobhm and thrash riffs and structures, and tried to remarket themselves as Metallica 2. Not into it whatsoever.

4XEtraA.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

No. They have that one song, Bat Country that was all the rage on like 2007 or something. That one is alright though.

Atreyu

Rise against

Alexisonfire

Welcome to the world of metal

I liked Avenged Sevenfold until I was introduced to real metal. So f*ck that sh*t!

• 4 weeks later...
Jerking For Soup

Awesome band OP! My favourite song of theirs was A little piece of Heaven! Shame, Rev died though. I liked Rev's songs a lot more than the current ones though.