Do threads have time limits?

Avi 88

Why would a thread get locked if someone has something to contribute 9 months later?? Do we have time restrictions to comment on threads??

Call me crazy, but any thread that is staying on point shouldn't get locked no matter how far in between the comments are...

The mods around here love abusing their power!!

• Like 1

Why would a thread get locked if someone has something to contribute 9 months later?? Do we have time restrictions to comment on threads??

It's called Outdated information.

Call me crazy, but any thread that is staying on point shouldn't get locked no matter how far in between the comments are...

While it may be contributing, if the original information of the thread is outdated, it's better to not bump it.

The mods around here love abusing their power!!

No, they aren't abusing their powers. They're doing their job. Which is to keep the forum clean. Bumping old threads with outdated information clutters the section up, confuses people, etc.

signature500x-e1644500940546.png

Then I'll ask you, What would be the time limit on talking about making our cars looks like famous cars, I.E. the general lee thread?? I agree if it was a thread about the beach bum update or something like that, it should get locked, but how does a car discussion thread become outdated?

Then I'll ask you, What would be the time limit on talking about making our cars looks like famous cars, I.E. the general lee thread?? I agree if it was a thread about the beach bum update or something like that, it should get locked, but how does a car discussion thread become outdated?

It depends per moderator/ led-by. Some let it slip, some are strict on it. In this case, Ciaran is strict on the bumps. However, the General Lee thread was more of a car show off thread than any real discussion from what I saw. There is already a thread where you can show your cars off.

signature500x-e1644500940546.png

I personally don't care for bumping if the members keeps the discussion going.

Bumping a 2 years old mod thread to say "that's cool", it's not okay.

• Like 1

Pretty much what uNi said. Just contribute to the topic if it's good. Don't do what I did a while back and bumped a thread from 2007 saying "Ok." Or find a topic from 2005 and say some silly crap. Just have some common sense when bumping a thread. Kind of irritating when it gets locked and the person contributed/posted an on topic post.

Edited by LightningLord411

IcOqQpq.gif