GTAForums does NOT endorse or allow any kind of GTA Online modding, mod menus, tools or account selling/hacking. Do NOT post them here or advertise them, as per the forum rules.

What to do now a days

Buggy2825

What does everyone do now on this game. Had it since day one, played online the day it dropped. Haven't really played in about 3 months. Just the occasional log on, kill some NPCs get bored and leave for Forza, Battlefield, and now Madden.

I'm not trying to complain about this game, it provided me hours of entertainment. I ran out of things to do, and trolling people, car meets, and such became played out. So I ask you guys, the community, how do you remain interested?

*side note* my hiatus caused me to just want to play more, and I'm just trying to see what the community sees in this game still. I'm not some 14year old High Schooler who gets his jollies from endlessly trolling people (although it can be fun). I'm a fan who bought this game, looking to enjoy the sandbox, got bored, and am trying to come back, but can't seem to find a reason to do so.

*more side note* all opinions are welcome, but I am preferably searching out the viewpoints of the 21 and older crowd who comes home from work, fires up the xbox and kills time till it's time to go to bed and repeat.

Kill everyone.

But I've done that for like 6 months. The monotony is starting to break me

• Like 3

You really don't sound like you enjoy the game moreover, you seem unwilling to invest any time, effort or imagination on your own part to do so. Sell the game and move on. I have no problem doing the same things I did day one today. They've added new missions, and user content and the ability for us to add our own content. You get out of it what you are willing to invest in it.

Be well, I'm going to go do some more same ol same ol.

Edited by TreFacTor

DarkSavageDeathlyCloud

grinding, killing, training with the fighter jet, ocasionaly making friends, verry ocasionaly making realy use of my 4 door cars and cars that can have more then 4 people, doing all sorts of missions for fun, racing for fun, training with the minigun, selling HPV so the obey tailgater isnt such an unltra rare sight for me and i earn money, sometimes just putting a detonation bomb on those cars if i notice people following me....

i woud like a crew thats verry active though and does things together though :/

1GPM69f.jpg

grinding, killing, training with the fighter jet, ocasionaly making friends, verry ocasionaly making realy use of my 4 door cars and cars that can have more then 4 people, doing all sorts of missions for fun, racing for fun, training with the minigun, selling HPV so the obey tailgater isnt such an unltra rare sight for me and i earn money, sometimes just putting a detonation bomb on those cars if i notice people following me....

All those things are fun, no doubt. I guess the biggest issue is the fact damn near all the dudes I played with on day one gave up long ago.

DarkSavageDeathlyCloud

All those things are fun, no doubt. I guess the biggest issue is the fact damn near all the dudes I played with on day one gave up long ago.

as a level 370(just saying it since maybe thats the reason) i get friend invites many times

though 80 percent of those people i consider useless for having fun with, i do remove anyone that hasnt been on psn for like 2 months :)

1GPM69f.jpg

Try wingsuiting. Found out this ability back in December and it is imo the ultimate form of stunting.

Im sure you can find a tutorial on youtube but heres a link for a great video showcasing just how far/low you can fly WITHOUT aircraft!

Stunting in any form is what keeps me playing =)

• Like 3

Kill everyone.

But I've done that for like 6 months. The monotony is starting to break me

i have done nothing but that for the last 10 months and just cant get enough!!!

as a level 370(just saying it since maybe thats the reason) i get friend invites many times

though 80 percent of those people i consider useless for having fun with, i do remove anyone that hasnt been on psn for like 2 months :)

I'm a lvl 230 myself. And got bored around 180. I guess the biggest thing was the Xmas influx of children playing their new toy Santa bought them. The same Santa who is as real as heists.

• Like 2

Kill them some more.

Kill 'em once, then kill 'em again. :)

On topic: I agree with OP, this game is not that deep. It's just a twitch shooter with cars. In a beautiful open world full of assholes. :p

• Like 2

DarkSavageDeathlyCloud

I'm a lvl 230 myself. And got bored around 180. I guess the biggest thing was the Xmas influx of children playing their new toy Santa bought them. The same Santa who is as real as heists.

well, quiting the game for a while or maybe even permanent is an option

i once got bored of a game i played a year like every day

after 3 months, i was able to play it for 6 months again :)

1GPM69f.jpg

well, quiting the game for a while or maybe even permanent is an option

i once got bored of a game i played a year like every day

after 3 months, i was able to play it for 6 months again :)

I'm trying to return from my hiatus. Just getting a bit of opinion from the community

i'm pretty much the definition of a casual gamer, im 31, work every day, but when i do have some down time i usually play some gta, and the thing i do most is play missions, if/when i play them, i always play with randoms, usually things go ok, but ever so often there's an asshat who likes to troll the mission, so i always make sure to take note of their un and troll them back somehow

Break the game (by accident). This is Simeon's priority vehicle :)

0_0.jpg

Solo gate launch glitch I found when running from the filth at the Vinewood Radio tower gates. Works less when more people are near. Also cars randomly get stuck on thin air, like Simeon's car in the pic.

• Like 1

i'm pretty much the definition of a casual gamer, im 31, work every day, but when i do have some down time i usually play some gta, and the thing i do most is play missions, if/when i play them, i always play with randoms, usually things go ok, but ever so often there's an asshat who likes to troll the mission, so i always make sure to take note of their un and troll them back somehow

See, you're the opinion I wanted. I went from hardcore gamer to casual gamer due to work and many hours of dedication to my job. If you're still girding with randoms, then I guess the game hasn't fallen apart yet

I gotta say, it's the community.

It's like posting here someone responds, "kill someone" and another person says you have no imagination. lol So lets see your imagination for killing people over and over, which will get you reported for grieving.

Let me explain your imagination for you. I was invited to all Criminal Records until they said the payout was with Down the Drain and then R* nerfed payouts so I was thrown into Rooftop Rumble until my head hurt and... seriously, how is this imaginative? If there is any game out there with zero imagination it's this one.

Don't believe me? Go to the Created section of Social Club an start from the most played or most voted anything. Then tell me how many screens it takes to get past $1 mill/RP 1 mill maps. Yup, real creative. If you aren't glitching the money you're finding around ways to actually play the game. Imagination in full effect.

Now ask yourself, is it clear now why we're bored?

Edited by vipprimo
  • Like 3

I gotta say, it's the community.

It's like posting here someone responds, "kill someone" and another person says you have no imagination. lol So lets see your imagination for killing people over and over, which will get you reported for grieving.

Let me explain your imagination for you. I was invited to all Criminal Records until they said the payout was with Down the Drain and then R* nerfed payouts so I was thrown into Rooftop Rumble until my head hurt and... seriously, how is this imaginative? If there is any game out there with zero imagination it's this one.

Don't believe me? Go to the Created section of Social Club an start from the most played or most voted anything. Then tell me how many screens it takes to get past $1 mill/RP 1 mill maps. Yup, real creative.

Now ask yourself, is it clear now why we're bored?

Awesome. Well said. Captured my point for me.

OP I totally hear what you are saying. Lately I've done a few things to try to be creative & keep the entertainment level high on this game.

1) my buddy got the game & just started a couple of months ago, so its been fun teaching him everything I know and trying to help him level up & make money

2) try to become a decent Lazer pilot if you aren't already (I'm still a work in progress on this one)

3) I rarely race, but started playing some of the races with GTA & wanted levels turned on. Makes things more exciting & gives average racers like myself a chance at winning.

4) Try the content creator. I have only made 1 race so far but I've had fun trying to promote it & have asked people who've played it for feedback on how it could be better, so that has kept me somewhat busy trying to edit/save it often.

***by the way if anyone wants to try my race I would welcome any feedback: http://socialclub.rockstargames.com/games/gtav/jobs/job/s20BmP_IAESNPScCe1rSMQ?platformId=2

Edited by meatrocket8

With things being more balanced, I'm seeing less of the grinding e.g. Criminal Records, Down the Drain, Rooftop Rumble,Violent Duct etc which has helped keep things more interesting too of late.

I'm in my 30's, work all day, come home and play some GTA with my partner most days for around 2 hours.

We do missions to earn money, but our go to when bored is races and deathmatches.

You find a good group, and just chain it one after another. These modes change each time, a bit like doing missions with randoms, because the multiplayer aspect and different locations keeps it dynamic. When you feel like just chilling out, even free roam can be fun - just hanging out on the couch running your supercar as fast as possible through the city, or last night I had a guy with a bounty hiding on a rooftop - he didn't expect I'd toss a grenade up there :) etc etc

Deathmatches that aren't 1M RP style, are probably my favorite game mode overall. I just avoid any that are " X / 16 " when using On Call.

Honestly, my days right now are pretty much spent semi-grinding to save up for the next update which im reasonably confident will have some nice things to buy like the hydra and new clothes and cars etc..

and more importantly a 3rd garage

Edited by timmyturner

Disrespect list: Teagle, GiantsGiants, Halal Cyborg and Kifflombro for their AWFUL, UGLY

looking cars.

I started playing again after a few month break and having a blast.

I mainly do missions/survivals/races & other jobs, free roam shenanigans and finding and tuning up new and obscure vehicles. I also started a new character which helped.

I keep spending all the money I make on new cars so the prospect of getting a tank/buzzard is getting further away lol.

I'm 25 and play after work & weekends

FilthyEsquire

I'm with TC... I am a HUGE fan of this game, but sadly I had to put it down as there isn't much to do past level 120 (I'm 250 thanks to the updates!!!) and now with both garages stuffed, all the stuff I love purchased, there isn't much to do besides play with my crew in crew vs crew, and that has even died down.

I still love the game, but I put it on ice for a bit... Which to be honest I couldn't do that with IV...LOL, I played that game for 3 years without removing it from my system. Thank the car physics, cops and crooks, petrovich missions, and gta races, and races in general.

Granted people still tried to pit, but if you did that you wouldn't last long in that game. Being at the airport online got old. But it wasn't hard to find serious players.

I'll put the game back in when we get an update.

Race, Deathmatch, Contatc Missions, Survival, go after Bounties.

Had a break for a few months playing other games, deleted my main character (never liked him), second character to keep the money, and played for about 6 weeks, loving it, when I have a day off the weekend and no plans I play all day.

Race, Deathmatch, Contatc Missions, Survival, go after Bounties.

Had a break for a few months playing other games, deleted my main character (never liked him and second character to keep the money) so new character has a play time of 5d 13h 54m, loving every minute - this is over a course of 5 weeks.

Edited by cjdavies

Do missions in creative ways, use a cargo Bob too pickup the prison bus in bust out, pickup armored cars as well. Play missions co ops, deathmatches, races, survival's.

I find team deathmatches too be the best for avoiding monotony, esp forced and pickup. The content creator has a lot of potential if used correctly.