Need For Speed 2015: The best racing game this generation.

Big_Boy_Bmw760Li

Big_Boy_Bmw760Li

First off, I would like to say that I am extremely happy that Ea is giving the series a break so they can make this game the best racing game out this generation. And I strongly believe when this game is released, it's gonna give customers/rival companies a big wake up call and remind people who really run's this racing genre. But in order to do that Ea need to do a few things. What would you guys like to see in NFS 2015? Personally, a lot of people have this weird nostalgia toward the Underground Series. I own Underground 1 and I really like it. But the 2000's are long gone. And to me that was not what Nfs was about. NFS is about car enthusiasm and sheer driving pleasure. Anyone here remember NFS Porsche Unleashed 2000? That was what Nfs and earlier games were about. Not this ricer "ohh let me trick out my honda for 3 hours straight then race" Yes customization is a necessity, but the game needs to be about the racing. To be honest I believe that the next NFS game should not have a open world as well. Why would you want to aimlessly drive for 15-20 min just to meet up with players to race? Just go buy that new racing game Crew lmao. Take NFS the run for example. You want to race? No problem click on multi-player, choose your playlist/car and boom your in a lobby and the race starts. Another thing I liked about Nfs the run was that it actually felt like your driving. NFS the run actually captures the feeling of being in a race and driving fast. They need to implement this again because NFS Rivals was an embarrassment to the series. If you think about...I think all of the best NFS games are made by Black Box. All they really need is to have a wide variety of cars (Tier 1 to 6) And literally hundreds of tracks from places all over the world not just America. A full blown story-line would be cool as well but it should be interesting and make us want our protagonist to accomplish their goal. Lastly the cinematic's! I think the best thing about the run was right when you race you get that quick cut scene of your car and you just hear that bitch rev. (Especially if it's the last race playing online) And what ever happened to the history about the cars? I learned so much about Porsche playing Porsche 2000 to a point that I did a project in 2nd grade about the company. Each car and brand should have like a 5 minute film about their cars and the company. (NFS is a car game for real enthusiasts anyways.)

Nfs used to be about exotic tracks, cars, and driving. I think The Run was the true last real nfs game in a long time. (And real NFS vet's will most likely agree with me as well) I've seen hot pursuit 2010 but the driving, intensity, the drama, engine sound, tracks, the car selection, the reward of drifting a car out of a twisty corner, and the motivation the run gives you in order for you to step your game and get in 1st place is all there in The Run. I am not asking for a Run 2 (i think it would be cool though) But there's no denying that this game captured almost all elements of what a real racing game should have. I honestly don't care about the Forza and Turismo series. The game is just too slow!!! This is where nfs is good at; making fast paced racing games.

I truly believe NFS can comeback and take the throne once more in the racing genre. Anyone else agree with me?!!! :panic::lol::lol:

LightningLord

I hope the next NFS doesn't have Burnout elements. The ones before 2010 were fun to play. Sure I had done fun with the NFS games that were made by Criterion or however it's spelled, but they should make another Burnout game. Have a new developer make NFS. Still have a little hope for the series.

• Like 1

IcOqQpq.gif

(NFS is a car game for real enthusiasts anyways.)

Good lord it's really not. All cars feel the same and do not handle realistically. It's targeted at teenagers who have a short attention span and want to race fast cars they will never be able to afford in real life. These 'real enthusiasts' play, if anything, something along the lines of Gran Turismo 5 or Project C.A.R.S I'm assuming. You don't think they're good racing games because they're too slow or whatever, but they are closer to the real enthusiast experience than NFS will ever be. Just my two cents.

DU8afL0.jpg

FilthyEsquire

DUDE... I love you. I'm a fan of On the Run, and liked it much better than the pursuit game I played afterwards by criterion. It was like burnout with licensed cars. I had to make myself complete the game, and luckily I was awaiting V...

I have played EVERY NFS title including ROAD and TRACKS need for speed.

If they did the formula from the first game, with elements from ON the run... Dude it would be a hit.

Go to a dealership have a guy talk you into a vehicle, then joy ride it until it's outta gas, or you get caught, or get away.

I enjoyed pro street too, but the other games I played have been kinda tepid.

Good lord it's really not. All cars feel the same and do not handle realistically. It's targeted at teenagers who have a short attention span and want to race fast cars they will never be able to afford in real life. These 'real enthusiasts' play, if anything, something along the lines of Gran Turismo 5 or Project C.A.R.S I'm assuming. You don't think they're good racing games because they're too slow or whatever, but they are closer to the real enthusiast experience than NFS will ever be. Just my two cents.

You've obviously never played... Road & Tracks need for speed. I own a 3DO and that game at the time for budding car enthusiasts couldn't be topped. Even had cockpit view. Granted NFS2-3 is where things went mega arcade. Driving elnino and Dinosaurs, and such.

• Like 1

Wayne Daniels

1) Ditch Criterion.

2) Bring back a story. Not show us a list and say here go beat these guys.

3) STOP FOCUSING ON SUPER CARS.

4) Enough with the takedowns and health bars for cars-once again, ditch Criterion.

5) Ditch auto-log.

6) Clear up the screen a lot. The new NFS games screens are cluttered and disgusting. The have these big banners that pop up that cover your car. For example if you just lose the cops and you are turning a corner at the same time, it'll pop up saying you lost them but it covers the car and you can't see where you're turning and you cash. If you're gonna do that at least make it transparent for sake.

7) For me the most important thing-IT'S A STREET RACING GAME, THE DRIVERS SHOULD NOT BE WEARING f*ckING HELMETS.

• Like 6

A game that doesn't exist yet can't be claimed to be the best racing game this generation.

• Like 2

I would rather have a new Midnight Club, It did everything NFS does but much better.

Pretty much this.

Also, f*cking original NFS, dude it's not 1999 anymore. There's plenty of "pick a car and race" racing games.

You want to pick a supercar and race around a track? Go play Hot Pursuit, or Rivals, or go look on Steam because there's probably a sh*tload of them anyway.. They're bland and get boring really fast.

Underground era. You have storyline, customisation, PROGRESSION, a city, things that make it stand out.

At the time of Underground 1 and 2, street racing didn't have many games. When people saw their popularity, they moved away from midnight street racing, and moved to Most Wanted, with an emphasis on police pursuits, and moving into supercars. Then with Carbon we had more of the same, which was great.

There is Midnight Club, which DOES have better cutscenes, customisation, multiplayer and so on, but they're different styles to me.

I f*cking love Need for Speed Underground-Carbon driving mechanics though. They're fast but they're still weighty, and let you have a bit of slide.

If EA come out with another "LOL PLAY AS A COP IN A SUPERCR LOL" it'll just be another NFS I watch the first trailer for and then forget about. Who really gives a sh*t? If I want to pick a car and race I'll play Gran Turismo's arcade mode. There is literally no difference.

What we need is Underground 3. The industry needs more racing games. We want more Burnout, we want Need for Speed, we want Midnight Club. Need for Speed and Midnight Club competing, with top quality games coming out.

NFS 2015 for me, should be progression. I want to start in a Fiat Punto and work my way up to a Huayra, changing cities. I also want the cops vs racers side on things. We should be a cop, who is undercover. We get given an Interceptor and a Punto, and work through both storylines. (read: STORYLINES. not "lol 15 racers go" or "lol occassional news report where you see nothing")

We want deep customisation, like in ProStreet. Bodykits, decals, OUR OWN decals, so it's OUR car and not what the game has given us.

And multiple cities. The map should be NFS World but not sh*t. Longer roads separating the cities.

That, along with the Criterion style multiplayer, with the challenges. None of that Burnout drifting or takedown sh*t. It's fun in Burnout, keep it the f*ck away from NFS.

OP, go play Project Cars. NFS needs to go Underground.

LightningLord

Why do people hate the cop chases in some NFS games? They were fun lol. Most Wanted/Carbon had an excellent system for that. People tell me "Underground 3 should have no cops." Why? To take some fun away?

Speaking of Underground 3, why do people want it? Underground 1-2 were fun. I prefer the second one. But why another Underground, with no cops, small map, and tuner cars everywhere? Midnight Club had a nice variety of cars. Especially MC 3 DUB Edition remix. Next Need for Speed should be a mix of the older games instead of focused on one.

Underground 1-2: Customization

Most Wanted: Cops

All NFS games: Cars

Have variety in cars. Not just tuners. Not just supers. Etc

• Like 1

IcOqQpq.gif

FilthyEsquire

Cop chases were in the VERY first Road and Track NFS...

If that formula for that game was refined, it could be the best NFS yet!

• Like 2

No the game is horrible and the only people who like is people who have no idea about cars if this was the nfsu or even shift 2 than I agree

• Like 1

Gnocchi Flip Flops

With the way Need for Speed has been going, I doubt we'll get a quality game. I think EA just sucks at making racing games now. And in my opinion the Forza Horizon series is really kicking their ass as far as quality and content goes. With Horizon games coming out every 2 years, I have no reason to buy another mediocre NFS game.

• Like 2

NFS 2015 won't be the best racing game of this generation unless it can surpress the likes of Project CARS and Horizon 2 in each of those departments. I like the NFS series, seriously, but it's getting more and more bland, and more and more irrelevant. There's way better games out there for every damn racing need.

• Like 2

Big_Boy_Bmw760Li

I would rather have a new Midnight Club, It did everything NFS does but much better

Also, f*cking original NFS, dude it's not 1999 anymore. There's plenty of "pick a car and race" racing games.

You want to pick a supercar and race around a track? Go play Hot Pursuit, or Rivals, or go look on Steam because there's probably a sh*tload of them anyway.. They're bland and get boring really fast.

Underground era. You have storyline, customisation, PROGRESSION, a city, things that make it stand out.

I respectfully disagree. Seems like you never played NFS The run lol; in which that game did have a story-line, customization, and progression (*cough* autolog *cough* challenge series. And where you going this super car idea from? Sometimes you have to relate to the common driver..not some rich dude in a Lambo. That's why they added cars such like the Bmw e30 ///m3, Evo, Corolla. That's why they have tiers 1-6. And NFS the run is like a spiritual successor to underground because it has pure street racing in it. Chicago is a big section in the run which has some dope street tracks. NFs is not about street racing in all types of terrain. From the forest where you have crazy windy turns to urban technical street. And quite frankly, the early 2000's are over as well. Neon under-glow and all that ricer jazz is played out; simple as that.

Big_Boy_Bmw760Li

I have to respectfully disagree man especially with The Run. In NFS the run all of the cars drive fictitiously similar to their real -life counter parts. For example, the Bmw e92 ///M3 is all around sports car. And it handles and drives like its on rails especially around windy corners...just like a real m3 (or any bimmer in that matter :lol::lol::lol::lol: ) in real life. Lmao and a Mustang/Camero/Dodge just like in real life would have a little trouble getting around that corner but once on a straight line your gunnin down the road at high speed like no ones business.

And you say it's targeted towards teens well no really it's target towards teens. It's rated T for teen for a reason. But thats not my point. Despite the rating racing and car enthusiasm has no required age what so ever. And yes nfs is for car enthusiasts. Why do you think they added the Bmw e30 m3? Especially all of the real stock colors as well. (Especially the well-known Bmw color "Dakar Yellow") So they just adding classic enthusiast cars and there original color ways for no reason? Like I said to the other dude. Sometimes you need to relate to the common driver and not some rich dude in a budget super car like a Gallardo.

QuestionableChanges

I just wish we'll get a UG2+MW2005 mix somehow with day & night cycle. Perhaps that's too much to ask from EA.
NFS 2015 will be again be another Burnout game with new alluring skin.

Big_Boy_Bmw760Li

And lastly you get to drive Porsche's! What's a racing game if it does not have a Porsche!? Your gonna drive a lame ///AMG instead?! Stop it. :lol::lol::lol: Smart move for Ea.

Edited by Big_Boy_Bmw760Li

And lastly you get to drive Porsche's! What's a racing game if it does not have a Porsche!? Your gonna drive a lame ///AMG instead?! Stop it. :lol::lol::lol: Smart move for Ea.

You can only drive Porsches on the Need For Speed series because, AFAIK, EA has an exclusivity contract or something. But hey, we still have RUF if we *really* need Porsches.

And I drop Porsches over better gameplay anyday.

• Like 1

Big_Boy_Bmw760Li

You can only drive Porsches on the Need For Speed series because, AFAIK, EA has an exclusivity contract or something. But hey, we still have RUF if we *really* need Porsches.

i know bro, and I agree with you. Gameplay over a brand lol.

I have to respectfully disagree man especially with The Run. In NFS the run all of the cars drive fictitiously similar to their real -life counter parts. For example, the Bmw e92 ///M3 is all around sports car. And it handles and drives like its on rails especially around windy corners...just like a real m3 (or any bimmer in that matter :lol::lol::lol::lol: ) in real life. Lmao and a Mustang/Camero/Dodge just like in real life would have a little trouble getting around that corner but once on a straight line your gunnin down the road at high speed like no ones business.

And you say it's targeted towards teens well no really it's target towards teens. It's rated T for teen for a reason. But thats not my point. Despite the rating racing and car enthusiasm has no required age what so ever. And yes nfs is for car enthusiasts. Why do you think they added the Bmw e30 m3? Especially all of the real stock colors as well. (Especially the well-known Bmw color "Dakar Yellow") So they just adding classic enthusiast cars and there original color ways for no reason? Like I said to the other dude. Sometimes you need to relate to the common driver and not some rich dude in a budget super car like a Gallardo.

Have you driven a E92 M3, a Gallardo, Mustang, Camaro in real life? If not then I don't your qualified or it's fair to say that NFS is realistic. In terms of racing games out there NFS has to be the most arcade and unrealistic racing game out there.

Want a realistic experience? Play Project C.A.R.S, iRacing, rFactor, or GTREvo or Race 07. Now they're real racing simulators that go in depth with the car setup and behavior.

I'm sure you can drift a Gallardo at 300Kmph along a mountain ridge in real life without throwing it off the edge. Just because the game has the factory colours for cars doesn't make it realistic. I'm sure the colour of the paint will really affect the vehicles performance on the road.

Edited by Whiskey
  • Like 1

Big_Boy_Bmw760Li

Have you driven a E92 M3, a Gallardo, Mustang, Camaro in real life? If not then I don't your qualified or it's fair to say that NFS is realistic. In terms of racing games out there NFS has to be the most arcade and unrealistic racing game out there.

Want a realistic experience? Play Project C.A.R.S, iRacing, rFactor, or GTREvo or Race 07. Now they're real racing simulators that go in depth with the car setup and behavior.

I'm sure you can drift a Gallardo at 300Kmph along a mountain ridge in real life without throwing it off the edge.

Once again, I said the cars act fictitiously similar to their real life counter parts. Nfs the Run is a hyrbid game. It contains elements of realism from the Shift Series and a touch of the arcade play as well.

At this point I have more faith in Driveclub being the best racer this gen over NFS.

We all know Forza Horizon 2 will take it, though. Then Horizon 3. :whistle:

FilthyEsquire

I have driven a gallardo in reality my friend owns one. He told me to push the car and I was afraid to... So the whole you don't know what cars are like in reality to appreciate a game is silly.

I love Gran Turismo, more than NFS, but the Original NFS, even pro street, and on the run had great things about it...

Here's info on my degenerate friend that owns the Lambo...

http://www.alachuasheriff.org/pdfs/news/2011/2011-011%20Wanted%20Fullwood129418424063125000.pdf

Talk about NFS on the run/most wanted.

(the list of whips I've driven would make Leno blush... jokes! But I have driven too many decent cars over the last six years.)

• Like 1

Big_Boy_Bmw760Li

So what are all of the racing games coming out this fall? Can someone make a list?

TheGoodSgtScooter

I still think Crash Team Racing is the best.

• Like 2

FilthyEsquire

I still think Crash Team Racing is the best.

I've played Crash 1-3... Never played CTR...

And the last Mario Kart I played willingly and was excited for was 64...

I will never forget Mario Kart for the SNES... That game got played daily one summer. DAILY!

Gnocchi Flip Flops

The lack of Porsche in awesome games like Forza (you know games that are actually good with quality driving mechanics) pisses me off and it pisses me off even more so that it's all because of EA. Such a sh*t company.

Underground 3! Need for speed should really stick to the underground formula type of game. There is nothing more awesome than racing around in a huge variety of tuners listening to ruff ryders and fat joe. NFSU series had that F&F feel to it for the most part.

Some say MC series is similar to underground series though. I found MC to be different for the fact that it had better graphics, slightly more customizations, more vehicles classes and cars but a more arcadey feel to it.

If both NFSU3 and MC4 came out, i would buy both since they both have different feels to it.

But underground. It must be underground. Enough of that cop stuff. I find it tedious.

• Like 2