2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

2. Support

3. Suggestions

*DO NOT* SHARE MEDIA OR LINKS TO LEAKED COPYRIGHTED MATERIAL. Discussion is allowed.

Why don't people like non-contact races?

UrbanJungle

I know it can be unfair for the lower leveled players so when I host one I turn off custom vehicles but I rarely if ever see them if i'm not hosting :(

HipHopMagician

Non contact makes it feel arcadey. I like it in public, but if I'm racing with friends, I have contact on usually.

Contact also takes a bit more skill, which people like.

Why don't the masses like it? Because then how are they going to ram you and themselves off the road just to insure you don't win.

Non contact is great if you actually want to race with randoms, it provides a clean race where it's not some random jackass driving like mad max screwing you up. Basically you get to see who really is the fastest in a group time trial. No excuses for losing.

When racing with other skilled courteous racers or friends it's almost an insult as it dumbs down the challenge.

ashbashbluesfan

I think it's just because it's off by default same thing with catchup and slipstream, people just leave the default options on, if catchup and slipstream were off by default I'd win 90% of all races by a mile.

I think it's just because it's off by default same thing with catchup and slipstream, people just leave the default options on, if catchup and slipstream were off by default I'd win 90% of all races by a mile.

I agree, probably because it's a default. I race non-contact in random lobbies only. With my friends...it's full contact but only because we actually try and race rather than demo derby.

Non contact is great if you actually want to race with randoms, it provides a clean race where it's not some random jackass driving like mad max screwing you up. Basically you get to see who really is the fastest in a group time trial. No excuses for losing.

When racing with other skilled courteous racers or friends it's almost an insult as it dumbs down the challenge.

This is absolutely spot on. Great post.

Above Omnipotence

The only people doesn't like Non-Contact are the ramming unskilled people. I don't know how it is on the other systems but, here on the XBOX us very skilled drivers uses Non-Contact to see who's actually the fastest. I went into a random Dipping In lobby set to 2 laps. The dude was a level 200something using the Zentorno, and I was using the Cheetah, he rams me so tough sending me all the way to last place in a full lobby. I came all the way back from last place and won, he tried to ram me again but this time, I tapped the brake and he goes flying off the cliff, him finishing in 8th. We were laughing sooo hard that he quickly left the game. LOL

I love it, when you play non contact you don't have these bums trying to spin you out all the time.

• Like 2

Why don't people like non-contact races?

Because they can't spin you out and they have to rely on actual racing skill that they don't have...

• Like 3

Hector Tavares

Because the only way some drivers can win is by ramming the opponents off the course. Since they can't do that in this mode, they don't like it, and usually stay out of lobbies with it.

GOOD.

Edited by JeepXJFreak98
  • Like 3

because they cant ram you as a means of forcing you to suck as much as they do in races.

• Like 1

Because they lose the capacity to be dicks and have to rely on their non-existant racing skills. Usually about 30 seconds into the race, half of the racers get f*cked for the whole race. Kinda annoying.

• Like 2

Because (most) people cant really race. They can crash, but not race. If someone thinks they are going to lose, from the start line, they will do what they must to eliminate who they can. If they can't, they simply won't. Majority of the players don't race anyway or even want to. Doing it only for the unlocks and even then cheating for the most part, by trading wins.

Because it's stupid.

Some of you love playing the victim about being rammed. Some of you really blow the minor issues in this game out of all proportion.

I agree w/custom cars off for noobs. But it's so slow & boring tho.

• Like 2

Above Omnipotence

Because it's stupid.

Some of you love playing the victim about being rammed. Some of you really blow the minor issues in this game out of all proportion.

Because it's stupid.

Let me guess, you get left in the dust by great racers?

Because it's stupid.

Sounds to me like someone likes to play crash up derby and call it racing.....Minor issue? You mean ruining races for others, is a minor issue? You cant drive and you crash into everyone, so its a minor issue.

You're a tool.

I don't know either, I like non-contact, though yesterday I enjoyed ramming someone off for ramming somebody else who tried to overtake him.

Ty ^

I'm p good at races in this game. Don't see much of these destruction derbys/lots of ramming. If it happens im sure theres a reason for it - the guy might be an asshole or it mightve been an accident, big deal just get on with it.

People are so sensitive on here. It's like everything negative in this game gets completely magnified when people complain on here, like the bad things happen all the time every race/lobby/session. The game is far more fun than you'd think reading on here a lot of the time.

• Like 1

Yeah it's purely because some people need to be able to ram, to even have the chance of winning.
I have deleted people off my friends list for ramming me in a race. Told them to kindly take their sh!t skills elsewhere.

I get frustrated in contact races sometimes, but I like it better in general. Non contact is just doing umpteen simultaneous time trials.

i wonder if there are a bunch of people in the R* office going, "told you we didn't need to spend money on that"...

I find it weird, I find myself braking thinking I'm going to hit them. However great for off road class when I pick Sanchez.

Non contact with traffic off is boring.

Edited by cjdavies