2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

2. Support

3. Suggestions

GTAForums does NOT endorse or allow any kind of GTA Online modding, mod menus, tools or account selling/hacking. Do NOT post them here or advertise them, as per the forum rules.
*DO NOT* SHARE MEDIA OR LINKS TO LEAKED COPYRIGHTED MATERIAL. Discussion is allowed.

TanKs are back?

UrbanJungle

I've been seeing a lot more tanks lately, I think this is due to not having to pay insurance for destroying occupied personal vehicles now and not getting a bad sport for it..

Your thoughts?

Edited by Draeswolf

CrysisAverted

They. Were. Never. Gone.

• Like 5

Tanks are easily avoidable.Hell,they even have a special blip when driven.It should give you enough time to drive away.

Ive been using mine as much as before. You just gotta be a little more sneaky with it now. i like waiting for a group of people to start fighting and then go break it up with a tank.

Gingy Eastwood

hadn't seen any for weeks, all of a sudden they're in every freeroam lobby I spawn in.

They just have that "shoot first" mentality that so many other, wonderful, pleasant GTAO players have. Essentially, they're gonna troll the server as best as they can without getting hit with an RPG, which, if they're spotted coming down the line, is pretty hard to do.

Ive been using mine as much as before. You just gotta be a little more sneaky with it now. i like waiting for a group of people to start fighting and then go break it up with a tank.

Only use my tank if I have a bounty or in the mission los santos connections at the airport :D

i'm only using my tank from long range or hit and run ( combining lagging ) , making diffcult to get hit by RPG

Killing in tanks is just the same as before. Now that people can see my tank they for some reason are stupid enough to come lookin for me lol

lazyassedlover

I dunno but I had a fight with some guy the other day

it was 19v8 to me

he got his tank and as I often do I stood my ground

it ended 22v20....he was a beast with the tank I wont lie

he left when I finally destroyed it

• Like 2

Its kl simple method 4x c4 1x car 1x off the radar 9/10 it works :lol: make shore your bonet touches the tank pull the cord baaaBOOOM never really see it coming

Soon as they added the blip i stopped using the tank not sure how anyone still gets killed by them 4 stickies to blow them up and can see the blip coming

I just had to delete a few posts, here. No more hate speech or racist jokes, please.

ZDL4nai.gif

i'm only using my tank from long range or hit and run ( combining lagging ) , making diffcult to get hit by RPG

So you use a tank to kill people but only from long range and using lag (lag switch?) so that they can't RPG you?

I've been seeing a lot more tanks lately, I think this is due to not having to pay insurance for destroying occupied personal vehicles now and not getting a bad sport for it..

Your thoughts?

I don't do much free-roaming, too expensive what with all the hassle/expense of insurance, etc.

I just play Deathmatches and join missions with crew friends if I get an invite, I rarely need to leave my garage!

I did go out last night as I heard a tank outside, I wanted to go and see what they were doing as we now have the tank blip I was assuming people would stop using them as they don't have the element of surprise any more.

So I check the kill feed and see this player is killing people one after the other, so order mine and put a bounty on the player.

By the time I got to where he was, he had been blown up and his tank was just a smouldering wreck sitting on the road outside Rockford Plaza.

One of the other players who was I assume took this guy out started firing RPGs at me, so I reversed and started texting him to let me know what I was in my tank...

I got blown up just before sending the message, shortly after I received a reply from him saying 'WTF', I replied 'NVM' lol

Edited by hercules1975

That is not racism, if they were saying 'we hate x ethnic group' or something similar - that would be racist.

All they are doing is describing how they mimic the actions of the fundamentalist's who use suicide bombing as a tactic again their enemy in the game.

All the fanatics are doing is mimicking what the Japanese kamikaze pilots did in World War II, their tactic was to fly their plane into the enemy's ship to try to sink it.

They couldn't sink it by firing their guns at it, they had a better chance of hitting the ship and exploding their bombs if they crashed into it.

The Japanese pilots/soldiers have an honour code that meant they couldn't come back as failures, so it was better to die trying rather than to return in shame.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Racism

Racism consists of both prejudice and discrimination based in social perceptions of biological differences between peoples. It often takes the form of social actions, practices or beliefs, or political systems that consider different races to be ranked as inherently superior or inferior to each other, based on presumed shared inheritable traits, abilities, or qualities. It may also hold that members of different races should be treated differently.

so what about saying Allah Snackbar you retard? Is that also something normal? dumbass

Implying there are terrorists and good guys is in itself a short sighted and unthoughtful world view in my humble opinion and thank the moderator for removing such nonsense

• Like 1

Tanks are easily avoidable.Hell,they even have a special blip when driven.It should give you enough time to drive away.

You are right, easy to avoid. But when I see the blip I can't get there quick enough. I am no badass so the tank may kill me a few times, but I will also kill the tank. Because it's fun to.

Edited by Nomad0202

FYI: When a tank has a bounty on them it overrides the tank icon on the map. So be careful, they can still hide their tanks.

I usually approach bounties off the radar, but the one time I decided not to I came round the corner to a tank and my poor vacca could only wheelspin as I tried to come back from whence I came.

Edited by Mishimotsu

Yeah, I think we're done.

ZDL4nai.gif