2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

2. Support

3. Suggestions

GTAForums does NOT endorse or allow any kind of GTA Online modding, mod menus, tools or account selling/hacking. Do NOT post them here or advertise them, as per the forum rules.
*DO NOT* SHARE MEDIA OR LINKS TO LEAKED COPYRIGHTED MATERIAL. Discussion is allowed.

You say RICE I say RACE

xInfamousRYANx

FilthyEsquire

It's ugly to some people but it's essential if you like that race look. Or being able to make your cars look like their circuit racing counterparts. It's an option put into the game you can utilize should you choose to use it. It's ugly to most people.

AceThaCreator

I personally never understood the hatred towards spoilers. IMO they look great on sports cars BUT im not the type to stick a spoiler on EVERY car because while asthetically and perforance wise they look on sports, tuners, and etc they don't look good on certain cars like muscles, supers, and sedans.

This is the kind of stuff that makes my blood boil.

Yes those wing's are made for performance related reason's but it still count's as rice if you also add an unfittingly large exhaust pipe and tint the windows the darkest possible color.

For Example:

Keep in mind these both have GT wing's (Racing spoilers)

This is a ricer

big_wing1_zpsee993dd8.jpg

This is not

HJoa3cg.jpg

In other words it still counts as rice if you put a GT Wing on your Jester but also add a fluorescent lime green paint job along with it.

Edited by BigJoe_1
  • Like 4

CarnageRacing00

No, rice is when you put one of those wings on a bone stock Honda Civic and think you're a bad ass street racer.

www.anti-rice.com

Wastelander (Suzuki)

Cause those people are idiots OP.

They know nothing about motorsports.

This and people see a wing on a car they call it a Rice burner the second they see it. I've had this happen on Forza 4 many times in the past 2 weeks people calling my M1 pro car a rice burner, and let's not even get started on Gta online. People sometimes I swear.... Edited by SuzukiBlaze
  • Like 1

I love the racing look of the real models, but unfortunately GTA cars are far from copies of real models. It's a shame.

Wastelander (Suzuki)

I love the racing look of the real models, but unfortunately GTA cars are far from copies of real models. It's a shame.

Well you can't have every nice thing, to close to the IRL car and then you get a incoming lawsuit. Just the way s*it works.

HollywoodVice

My guess is you will never be able to get a real car with any upgrade whatsoever, and it makes you feel good to mod the sh*t out of your virtual rides and then fap til your hearts content. Some may not agree with you. You're not completely right either.

All of which was not deserving of its own thread, but at least you got it off your chest, right? Ha!

Rice is an acronym for race inspired cosmetic enhancements.

Putting wings and spoilers on a street car is considered rice.

This is ridiculous. You cannot compare the real race machines to the cars we have on GTA. Your cars with their "race wings" look like complete and utter sh!t. But its your opinion. There was no need for this thread. If you like those horrid, massive, tacky spoilers than you use them. I dont care. And the term RICE Isnt used correctly here.

• Like 3

Well you can't have every nice thing, to close to the IRL car and then you get a incoming lawsuit. Just the way s*it works.

Forza was able to do it!

I would like it if they implimented an option in your setting something like...

" Show vehicle visual mods in freeroam"

This would be something you could choose to use or not but would allow you to join races in a full racing kitted vehicle that looks appropriate for the track and then jump into freeroam after with the same car but looks more appropriate for the street.

If you knew what rice stood for you would see the irony in your post. :rol:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rice_burner

people LOVE to misuse the term ricer

THIS IS WHAT A RICED CAR LOOKS LIKE

QknOX8n.jpg

YOU CAN STILL ADD BODY KITS AND SPOILERS ETC TO A CAR WITHOUT IT BEING A RICER MOBILE

EXAMPLE:

ayhaeBN.jpg

not the same car but its a close enough example

You have to be a car enthusiast to understand. And close to 25. Gran Turismo's influence on me and my car tastes is UNDENIABLE. Luckily the Nissan GTR was infuenced by Gran Turismo too...

I wish every game with cars had "Racing Mod"

only after Weight Reduction is done. LOL!

I was going to make a post like this. Most people don't even know/remember what the term "rice" "ricer" means. But why would I think most people on this forum would know? Its kinda like how mostly all the gta community calls the adder a bugatti but the zentorno remains that a zentorno and not a Lamborghini.

Forza was able to do it!

Yeah they also paid for the license to use them vehicles. Im losing all hope for mankind.

Still dont know why people call racers ricers.

Is ricer the asian word for racer?

Edited by Zwenkwiel

I`m Just gonna throw this out here guys.

(Ricer: from the latin word Ricarius meaning to suck at everything you attempt)

A person who makes unnecessary modifications to their most often import car (hence the term "rice") to make it (mostly make it look) faster. The most common modifications are (but not limited to):

- Huge exhaust that serves no purpose but to make the car louder
- Large spoiler on the back that looks like something Boeing made for the 747
- Lots of after-market company stickers they don't have parts from, but must be cool
- Expensive rims that usually cost more than the car itself
- Bodykit to make the car appear lower, usually accented with chicken wire
- Clear tail lights and corner signals
- A "performace intake"- a tube that feeds cold air to their engine usually located in areas of excessive heat (behind or on top of the engine)
- Most of these riced cars (a.k.a. rice rockets or rice burners) are imports; Honda Civics, Accords, Integras, CRXs, RSXs, Del Sols Mitsubishi Eclipses, Lancers, Subaru Imprezas, how ever are some domestics such as Chevrolet Caviliers, Dodge Neons, Ford Focus; small, slow, economy cars designed specifically to go slow. Please note that some Supras, Skylines, WRX's and other higher performance imports are designed to go fast, and are therfore not always considered rice. It really depends on the severity of the case.

The "ricer" attempts to make their car "performance" by adding these listed above. these ricers are not confined to any one ethnic group or color, however different ethnic groups are known for certain styles.
Honda Civics with big spoilers and 4" exhaust tips are considered to be ricers.
Edited by Rob_10321

Not to start an arguement, but seriously i know all kinds of car guys, tuner guys, muscle guys, off-road guys, and so on, but NEVER have i heard this acronym. It is always used as a negative term for useless over the top cars with visual only type mods. It can be applied to anything really not just j-tin.

Edited by dairyworker
  • Like 2

xInfamousRYANx

What I was simply trying to point out is that most people in gta arent race fans camt race and dont lnow cars irl. These cars are on a second character along with a nice classic muscle garage with actual period authentic manufacturer colors and primary has other authentic real life replicas. I just facepalm when people call the gt wing on a jester or feltzer a park bench. I dont drive them on the street cuz I agree it looks silly but in races with my group of racing friends with our gt kitted cars on replicas of real world tracks it looks sick

Rice is a term for vehicles that have been kitted out to look fast but don't actually have any performance parts "under the hood".

You see them driven typically by youths that can't afford full-on race-spec performance but can afford the $300 spoiler and cheap body kit to make it look like they're badass street racers.

Imo, it's not a big deal unless you're throwing those totally sh*t, wacky aesthetic body mods that are marketed purely for show and have no real-world applications.

A person who makes unnecessary modifications to their most often import car (hence the term "rice") to make it (mostly make it look) faster. The most common modifications are (but not limited to):

- Lots of after-market company stickers they don't have parts from, but must be cool

- A "performace intake"- a tube that feeds cold air to their engine usually located in areas of excessive heat (behind or on top of the engine)

- Most of these riced cars (a.k.a. rice rockets or rice burners) are imports; Honda Civics, Accords, Integras, CRXs, RSXs, Del Sols Mitsubishi Eclipses, Lancers, Subaru Imprezas, how ever are some domestics such as Chevrolet Caviliers, Dodge Neons, Ford Focus; small, slow, economy cars designed specifically to go slow. Please note that some Supras, Skylines, WRX's and other higher performance imports are designed to go fast, and are therfore not always considered rice. It really depends on the severity of the case.

The "ricer" attempts to make their car "performance" by adding these listed above. these ricers are not confined to any one ethnic group or color, however different ethnic groups are known for certain styles.

that has got to be the most biased definition ive seen yet.

• Like 3

If you knew what rice stood for you would see the irony in your post. :rol:

Actually, that acronym came about after the fact. Originally, rice was a racist, derogatory term used to describe obscenely overdone import cars. They were not "race-inspired", they were just tacky. See "Wings West" and "APC". Or the first Fast and Furious film. "Race Inspired Cosmetic Enhancements" is to "rice" what "Fixed Or Repaired Daily" is to "Ford".

Putting wings and spoilers on a street car is not considered rice. Subaru didn't stick that box kite on the back of the GD8 STI's for sh*ts and giggles. Once you reach a certain speed, moving air around your car efficiently becomes kinda important. Speeds typically reached "in Mexico"...

As far as spoilers in GTA, they're are actually functional now, so you can't call them rice no matter how you define the word. Tacky? You betcha. I don't have them on most of my cars despite the fact that they enhance grip.

And I agree with the OP. R* included a lot of the things they did for certain cars for the sole purpose of replicating their real-life racing counterparts. Just like the Sabre Turbo can be turned into a drag car and the Rebel can be turned into a rally truck.

• Like 6

therealprojectsupra

Rice/ricer is a derogatory term, just because a few have made acronyms doesn't change that. Although not equal, it's akin to making positive acronyms for chink or gook.

Hang around some old timers that have seen WWII and ask their opinions on Japanese cars, most are not kind.

• Like 2

What exactly makes that biased? The fact that its true or possibly that your butt hurt about it? I drive a ford focus, thats "a ricer" with aftermarket wheels and spoiler. But the definition is very accurate. Whether i like it or not.

it is biased because that is your derogatory definition, complete with insults. it is an opinionated definition, based on only your views. therefore rendering it biased and invalid.

if anything the term "ricer" should be directed at the vehicle owners who perform such acts of modification, as opposed to the car or group of cars.

What exactly makes that biased? The fact that its true or possibly that your butt hurt about it? I drive a ford focus, thats "a ricer" with aftermarket wheels and spoiler. But the definition is very accurate. Whether i like it or not.

The fact that it's pretentious AND woefully misinformed... If I didn't know any better, I'd think you actually posted a definition out of Urban Dictionary as a credible source.

- A "huge exhaust" is pretty vague. A huge exhaust that allows the engine push exhaust out of the engine more effectively at the expense of civility is not rice.

- A "large spoiler on the back" is a good investment for a car that spends considerable time at triple-digit speeds. That's not rice either. It's actually smart.

- Lighter, stronger "expensive rims" are not rice. Especially if they're wider, of proper fitment and allow you to fit more usable rubber underneath the car.

- Performance intakes, much like "huge exhausts", aren't always rice if they help the engine breathe better.

- There are Civics and Integras/RSX's (they're essentially the same car) that would murder on a track. Eclipse GS-T's and GS-X's are quite formidable. Lancers? Very vague. The Lancer Evolution (in just about any iteration) is a monster. Same for Imprezas in WRX and STi guise. And the SRT-4 Neons were legitimately fast.

- There are also non-turbo Supras and non-turbo, RWD Skylines that aren't very impressive when compared to their boosted counterparts.

- And the Focus... SVT Focus, Focus RS, Focus ST...

That "definition" is dumb. And wrong. And most likely written by someone that's more into the scene than they are the cars.

Edited by We Are Ninja