2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

2. Support

3. Suggestions

*DO NOT* SHARE MEDIA OR LINKS TO LEAKED COPYRIGHTED MATERIAL. Discussion is allowed.

Is it even possible to make legit money?

Kyleislemons

So, as we all know just about every mission is nerfed as f*ck now. Meaning that they give very little payout and take a good amount of time to do. And if DLC is going to keep taking millions to get the full experience then money is slowly going to disappear and I'm not going to buy a shark card because that would just be rewarding them for taking away our money making.

It's at the point where it would take about 10 hours to make a million dollars and just like most of you I have a social life and can't really do that. And a lot of the missions in this game have superheroes as enemies and basically take like 30 bullets to kill unless you get a headshot but they can kill you in the time it takes you to blink.

Has anyone found out a quick legit way to make money? I would like to keep experiencing new DLC's and being able to buy all of the things that come with each one and I hate money glitches because they ruin the game.

I currently am sitting at $9.7 mil and that isn't going to go far.

juantrapriguez

$9.7 Million?

Bitch please, try having less than $100k and living in a lower end apartment, and your only car being a sultan, whose only mods are a black matte paint job, and new rims, which you just farmed rooftop rumble for.

THE STRUGGLE

$9.7 Million?

Bitch please, try having less than $100k and living in a lower end apartment, and your only car being a sultan, whose only mods are a black matte paint job, and new rims, which you just farmed rooftop rumble for.

THE STRUGGLE

i know the feeling
  • Like 1

juantrapriguez

Forgot to mention I'm rank 197.

I have no idea how I ended up going from millionaire (legit) to broke.

• Like 1

Complaining about having millions of dollars in an online video game and that it won't go too far #firstworldproblems

Really OP? What the frig are you blowing you money on? Maybe adjust your spending habits a wee bit.

• Like 4

Seriously?

The missions are 1000x better than they ever were. You can actually do old 'low-paying' missions that weren't worth your time now. Doing it with a group makes more money. Taking 5 minutes longer gives you full pay out.

If you're complaining about 9.7 mil of fake money, you need to get outside some more.

linkenpark4life

$9.7 Million?

Bitch please, try having less than $100k and living in a lower end apartment, and your only car being a sultan, whose only mods are a black matte paint job, and new rims, which you just farmed rooftop rumble for. Bitch please try having $37 dollars macaninc doesn't even bring my cars he's Mexican he's should be used to working for less than $5 dollar #f*ckR*

THE STRUGGLE

• Like 1

the best way to make money is bash missions and dont spend any of it till you realy need to , i playd criminal records with a mate or solo and went round it 3 times then waited till it went to 6 to 7 minutes and then it gave me 2500 rp and around 8 grand

FailingGeorgew

rooftop rumble I know its a grind but if you allow the documents to get to the farm then its worth between 18k-24k!

But OP 9.7 million think yourself lucky!I,m lvl 158 but do car meets at the moment I,ve got 18k :blink:

Edited by FailingGeorgew

All I know is that my money spent on assigning custom plates have gone.

That adds to the lost (legit) money tally. Don't expect me to buy Cash Card.

Wtf? Missions payout more, especially the gerarld and Simeon missions.

Crystal Clear Out 3. Alone, $20,200. I run, find a good sniping point on the rocks around the close two groups and snipe, moving around both them on foot. It adds enough time but I drive to the far away group to get on a roof and continue sniping and moving on foot around until all are dead. It's the only one I'm been smashing repeat on while using a norm/heavy sniper and heavy pistol for closer kills when couple them groups members charge/spawn towards your sniper point.

Edited by Syphiroth

I respectfully disagree. The quick legit way to make money is just playing missions. First of all, the mission payout on average have seen a large increase. All the missions pay out a fair amount of money for the time and effort involved. It's definitely not hard making money, obviously it's going to take time though. But I find the missions far more rewarding now that the payouts are larger and I feel like Im being compensated for the time involved.

Secondly, I don't think you need to worry about the cost of DLC. The Flight School was by far, the most expensive DLC due to the sheer cost of all the vehicles. Therefore, most of the DLC released I don't anticipate will much of a money drain because it won't be a ton of jets and stuff. I think the expectation is that you will spend money on the stuff that appeals to you. If you really do want to experience all of the DLC, then you either gonna have to put in more time to make the money or cash cards. Buying all of the DLC should take considerable more time put into the game than the average gamer. Personally, I only buy stuff that appeals to me so all I spent money on during Flight School was the Corvette and some parachutes lol.

Lastly, you have 10 million saved up lol. Doesn't sound like money is an issue for you :)

• Like 3

Gotta play to earn it OP...sorry. Seems like you and so many others want to run one 5 minute mission and have it pay out $100k or even more. The entire idea is that not everyone should be able to own everything in the game quickly...if even at all. They want you to spend time playing and not play for 30 minutes and be able to buy a Buzzard. Though they offer the cash card option (blech) for those that want to get money faster. I've earned all my money legit and it was mostly racing which doesn't even payout as much as most missions. I now have a the best car for every single class that's fully modded (including Vans and Utility classes) plus several options cars for Sports class. I also have my fun, mission cars that are my favorites to drive plus 2 planes (Besra and Duster) and my chopper (Swift). Don't have a buzzard though it's probably my next purchase. Now, with all this...I work 40+ hours a week, have 2 kids and a wife, band rehearsals and my RC hobby as well. Think I really have crazy amounts of time to grind?

• Like 3

Midnight Vibes

I did at least 20 missions in a row yesterday and had a paltry 100k after expenses. Buffed payouts,yeah right.

I'm pretty sure I did a mission that took 10 minutes and I got about 5k. I'd make more money bounty hunting and delivering Simeon vehicles.

Seriously?

The missions are 1000x better than they ever were. You can actually do old 'low-paying' missions that weren't worth your time now. Doing it with a group makes more money. Taking 5 minutes longer gives you full pay out.

If you're complaining about 9.7 mil of fake money, you need to get outside some more.

Agreed, the missions are so much better now. I used to hesitate doing certain missions as they took a lot of time and with limited payout, but now I feel as if it's much more evenly spread and WAY more enjoyable because of it. I kinda like having to work for my money - sure, it's a game, but even the teensy bit of realism in having to bust your balls to afford to pay the mechanic makes it that much more rewarding.

It'd be boring if they all paid out hundreds of thousands of dollars every time. Sandbox is great and all but having shed-loads of money gets a bit boring after a while. I know I appreciate every cent I get.

I did at least 20 missions in a row yesterday and had a paltry 100k after expenses. Buffed payouts,yeah right.

I'm pretty sure I did a mission that took 10 minutes and I got about 5k. I'd make more money bounty hunting and delivering Simeon vehicles.

What the hell are you using to only make 100k after 20 missions? :panic:

• Like 2

Hector Tavares

*Asks about the possibility of making legit money*.

*Currently sitting at $9.7 million*

You just answered your own question, if what you're saying about never glitching money is true.

I gave up being legit after Rockstar halved the payouts way back and took away my Rat Loader that I spent $200,000 of legit money on and never reimbursed me for the money lost. I don't regret glitching.

"After expenses" - I'm interested to hear what those are...

Probably RPGs, Grenade Launcher ammo and Sticky bombs, instead of bullets; new clothes to match mission mood, new car paint to match the new clothes, and it has to have a base color of pure gold to get the correct effect from the light, then crew color on top of that. Oh, and new wheels, something carbon fiber, just cause. Oh and don't forget to re-buy all the guns, cause he just dropped the others to make selection during missions simpler, but loves to have the complete collection while cruising freeroam.

Probably that

• Like 3

Probably RPGs, Grenade Launcher ammo and Sticky bombs, instead of bullets; new clothes to match mission mood, new car paint to match the new clothes, and it has to have a base color of pure gold to get the correct effect from the light, then crew color on top of that. Oh, and new wheels, something carbon fiber, just cause. Oh and don't forget to re-buy all the guns, cause he just dropped the others to make selection during missions simpler, but loves to have the complete collection while cruising freeroam.

Probably that

xD Nice.

Seriously?

Agreed, the missions are so much better now. I used to hesitate doing certain missions as they took a lot of time and with limited payout, but now I feel as if it's much more evenly spread and WAY more enjoyable because of it. I kinda like having to work for my money - sure, it's a game, but even the teensy bit of realism in having to bust your balls to afford to pay the mechanic makes it that much more rewarding.

It'd be boring if they all paid out hundreds of thousands of dollars every time. Sandbox is great and all but having shed-loads of money gets a bit boring after a while. I know I appreciate every cent I get.

Exactly. I don't see the need to buy everything in the game. Personally, I like to be mindful of what I buy, and Im not spending money on any cars or vehicles till Ive spent enough time testing them out and I know that Im definitely going to use them. The only thing I bought from the last update was the old school Corvette because I love and I use the car a lot now. I appreciate the money I have and the things I buy knowing that there was an investment made to acquire these things.

Kitty and I run missions all the time. I would say we make pretty good money. I dont consider it grinding either. Its fun to do all these missions, it definitely feels rewarding. We run maybe 4-8 missions and then some freeroam adventures. We get a bonus from playing with a full team and crew members, and its fun running missions with friends and just finishing one and voting on the next one and not paying any mind to the specific payout of a mission because I already know Im going to be compensated well regardless.

Edited by Coltrane III
  • Like 3

RandallFlagg00

Learn how to spend your money. Skip the $30k owl masks and nonsense like that. I've got 2 characters. With each I've bought anything I've wanted, including a buzzard for each. Entities, zentornos, ztype etc etc. You just have to be patient. I've never glitched money. I just play the game. The missions pay so much better after the "nerf." If you can't make money legit at this game now, you suck butt.

• Like 2

Yea, he's full of sh*t. It only takes 5... maybe 6 missions to get 100K.

Everyone is jumping on OP but they are right. This new commie system of getting paid more the longer it takes is total ass. There are missions I used to be able to play, finish in 3 minutes since I invested in the tools for the job like a Buzzard and make $11K. Now I do the same mission in 3 minutes and would only make less than $5k or am compelled to *idle* for another 12 mins just to make the max payout. Yeah, you want a max payout? Spend 80% of your time idling!

You can say I'm doing it wrong, or you can say I should just enjoy playing missions instead of grinding (I do play a lot for fun with others), but the fact of the matter is they nerfed the sh*t out of missions for people that used to be able to do them effectively and make some decent cash when needed.

I feel bad for the people just starting to play GTA online now, wow times are meager now where some of us can at least remember better times.

Edited by Godeater

'After expenses' means that 100k is Nett total. Probably he was using bunch of explosive to do his missions resulting a low Nett income.

Everyone is jumping on OP but they are right. This new commie system of getting paid more the longer it takes is total ass. There are missions I used to be able to play, finish in 3 minutes since I invested in the tools for the job like a Buzzard and make $11K. Now I do the same mission in 3 minutes and would only make less than $5k or am compelled to *idle* for another 12 mins just to make the max payout. Yeah, you want a max payout? Spend 80% of your time idling!

You can say I'm doing it wrong, or you can say I should just enjoy playing missions instead of grinding (I do play a lot for fun with others), but the fact of the matter is they nerfed the sh*t out of missions for people that used to be able to do them effectively and make some decent cash when needed.

I feel bad for the people just starting to play GTA online now, wow times are meager now where some of us can at least remember better times.

I've been playing since the start of online and have just started a new character on my second psn account. I'm currently sitting at level 28 and I'm not finding it hard to earn money. Just learn to not waste money on things you don't really need.