Pest Control... What if?

Snake Plissken

Snake Plissken

Originally in the mission Pest Control... we would eventually receive a call from Jimmy Pegorino asking us to get kill Ray Boccino.

But... what if this mission was a choice and we the player got the option to choose whether to kill Ray Boccino or... Phil Bell, much like in the missions The Holland Play and Blood Brothers but we had the option to choose between these two characters?

Who would you choose and why?

I'd kill Ray Boccino. Phil seems alright to me. Besides, according to gta.wikia, you had option to choose who do you want to kill in the Beta version.

Edited by Z E N D E R

First things first - i would like to setup pros and cons for killing each character. Killing Ray would get the player $7500 instead of the original $14500, but would also allow Phil to become friends with Niko (like the beta version of IV, according to gta.wikia). Ray would be extremely protected, though - more so than the original Pest Control mission. Still, this would seem like the right choice to Niko, but as Phil would admit to Niko once they are good friends - Phil was actually the rat the whole time (Niko never cared for Pegorino's problems, though, so he wouldn't mind this news). However, killing Phil would be much easier. Niko would simply ask Phil to meet somewhere for a chat, Phil would agree and come down to the spot, realize what's going on and try to make a run for it in his car (similar to a mission in GTA 5:

Something Sensible and The Time's Come

Killing Phil would also reward $15000, but in terms of story, would feel like the wrong decision to Niko. If Ray is killed, the game goes on as it always did. However, if Ray is spared, he will realize what Pegorino tried having Niko do and the mission "One Last Thing" would change heavily. In this version, Niko would meet Ray in the strip club (instead of Pegorino), where Ray will set Niko up - eventually leading to Niko having to kill Ray. Niko will call Pegorino and inform him of what happened, where Pegorino would seem not to care, brush it off and try to get Niko to go do the heroin deal with Dimitri. Niko would be much angrier in this version of the conversation, as opposed to the somewhat laid back one in the original "One Last Thing". If Niko does decide to go through with the deal, this time around he gets two Pegorino goons to help him, instead of just Phil. After this point, the games goes on as it always did...

With that out of the way, i would still kill Ray :pp

I always love it when this question comes up: Pest Control was always one of those missions that was pretty simple to execute but provided so much drama.. I actually think it should have been a three-way choice between Phil -- Ray -- Pegorino to reflect how critical it is on the ending of the game.

Your choice to kill Phil would go down no different to how thekillerdonuts mentioned, it seems the most logical way for it to play out. Niko would feel conflicted for killing Phil who has been more or less straight up with him the whole time and I don't think Phil would go down without a fight. There'd be some kind of 1 on 1 fight on the Tudor docks maybe with melee weapons only, something as emotionally charged as adrenaline inducing.

Choosing to kill Ray, you ambush him at Drusillas where he's making his preparations to go on the lamb or seek protection from one of the other families. You kill off his goons and engage him in a gunfight through the interior of Drusillas, eventually forcing him down to the basement where he's cornered. Dropping his shotgun, Ray makes you an offer: you are given the third choice of killing Pegorino. Although Ray cannot pay you what Pegorino offers (instead of $14,500 -- $5,000), he will take control of the organization and inherit the heroin deal Peg is setting up, which Ray will cut you in on should you spare him, and this leads into the choice of deal/revenge at the end of the game.

Shadowfennekin

Doesn't matter. I'd still kill Ray because of what he did to the Lost in TLAD

Doesn't matter. I'd still kill Ray because of what he did to the Lost in TLAD

Niko f*cked up the Lost. They have stolen "something" from Ray. A man with connections would certainly pay for someone to do the dirty job. Niko was this man. Under orders, he managed to almost by himself destroy great part of what the Lost represented. At least, weakened them by destroying Jhonathan's greatest allies in the club and some other deeds, thus leading them to an end.

Thats why IV's plot is amazing. Niko is a gun for hire. Sometimes we work alongside Jhonny, other times, we fight his gang.

Edited by daliakiller

The Harwood Bitcher

Iin the beta you could choose, anyone can mod the cutscene this?

( is probably buried in game files)

DIE

To be honest, I'd kill the one who would give you more stuff. If killing Ray would give you Phil as a friend and killing Phil would give you just some lousy 14,500... meh. I'd kill Ray anyway. But I think that in the beta you could do an execution on Ray/Phil.

"Let death take my enemies by surprise; let them go down alive to the grave, for evil finds lodging among them."