2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

2. Support

3. Suggestions

*DO NOT* SHARE MEDIA OR LINKS TO LEAKED COPYRIGHTED MATERIAL. Discussion is allowed.

Would you rather play as Franklin or Lamar?

Luuk'

104 members have voted

1. 1. Who would you rather play as?

• Franklin
    • Lamar

A long time ago, files were found, from which was concluded that in early development, Franklin was supposed to die in ending C, and then was replaced by Lamar. Would you guys like to just play as Franklin after the normal ending C, or like to play as Lamar after the beta ending C?

I would rather play as Lamar, he is funnier, less boring and there could be some nice possibilties with him: You can still walk with Chop (he is technically Lamar's dog), you can do way more hood based stuff with him, like gang wars, drug dealing with Vagos/Marabunte/Ballas, with it sometimes going sour etc.

Edited by Barefoot Tiger
added poll
  • Like 3

universetwisters

Where's your proof that Lamar was supposed to take over as Franklin? As far as I and the bulk of the beta thread know it was a hoax.

OT - I'd rather play as Lamar. Hopefully he isn't too busy ironing his clothes or leaving bars before he's taken advantage of to be interesting.

Edited by universetwisters

Where's your proof that Lamar was supposed to take over as Franklin? As far as I and the bulk of the beta thread know it was a hoax.

OT - I'd rather play as Lamar. Hopefully he isn't too busy ironing his clothes or leaving bats before he's taken advantage of to be interesting.

Oh, didn't knew it was a hoax. Thanks for the info.

I would play as Franklin during the story (dem heists, dat ambition, dose skills - sorry) and definitely would prefer Lamar afterwords, it wouldn't be bad you'd have repeatable activities like "slinging dime bags and throwing gang signs". Drug dealing like Chinatown Wars and small gang related side missions kinda like Trevor's weapon trafficking activity, 10 or so repeatable missions. And maybe even a couple of asinine robberies that Lamar loves so much. But that would be too similar to RDR or maybe they were afraid that people liked F (HA!) or that it would be anti-climactic after the last couple of explosive big missions.

I mainly think they removed him because there arn't any replacements for M and T. It could be argued though that THEY interchange; middle aged psycho master thieves.

Guest Billy Russo

Lamar, but that's probably because I want a fresh experience, and Lamar is a character that I really like, and could be fleshed out a lot more. I still really like Franklin though.

OT - I'd rather play as Lamar. Hopefully he isn't too busy ironing his clothes or leaving bats before he's taken advantage of to be interesting.

Really?...Thanks for letting us know, seriously.

Theoretically then, it'd be cool.

Added poll to OP.

SpinningSheep01

Lamar for me i thought rockstar would have added more characters from SA like Og loc, Ryder, smoke and that Mexican forgot his name.

OneManCrimeWave

I'd go for Franklin. Loads of people may dislike his story, but I loved playing as a psychotic ex-gang member.

Detective Phelps

Definitely Lamar! He's hilarious, and his special ability will be like the thu'um in Skyrim, where he shouts "NIGGAAAA", instead of "FUS RO DAH." :lol:

Franklin is dull, as he irons clothes all day, so obviously, nobody can take advantage of him.

id rather have the franklin dies ending and then play as lamar even if it was a hoax probably would've been a epic mission.

• Like 1

Lamar = Gang Stuff

Franklin = Heists

I cant see Lamar doing a big heist, he is reckless.

But we already have Trevor and Michael for heists sooo.. Lamar FTW

Shadowfennekin

Lamar. He is the best character in the series and he is definitely not boring like a certain ex-gangster. Plus he doesn't sit around and eat potato chips, iron clothes, and talk to imaginary friends like Franklin

• Like 1

Lamar. He is the best character in the series and he is definitely not boring like a certain ex-gangster. Plus he doesn't sit around and eat potato chips, iron clothes, and talk to imaginary friends like Franklin

He may be drunk, but sh*t, he ain't getting drunker.

• Like 2

GTAV YouTuber sees thread = Lamar DLC confirmed

OT, I like them both, but would have enjoyed playing as Lamar a little more.

Edited by MilezDawg

Lamar works perfectly as a side-character. He's always getting himself into sh*t, where the playable character needs to get him out of it. He's literally the more capable and tougher version of Roman Bellic, minus the bowling. I'm probably in the minority, but i would rather keep Franklin.

Lamar works perfectly as a side-character. He's always getting himself into sh*t, where the playable character needs to get him out of it. He's literally the more capable and tougher version of Roman Bellic, minus the bowling. I'm probably in the minority, but i would rather keep Franklin.

Even though I voted Lamar, I agree.

I think that, if Lamar was just a bit more bright and not as naive/stupid, he'd make a good protagonist. Right now though, he'd be horrible for any big time crime the crew has in mind, since he is quite incompetent when it comes to crime on a larger scale.

However, the trio doesn't really have any heists left to do after the ending (except for possible DLC), so I guess he wouldn't really need to be that bright, lol.

Edited by Xerukal

I think lamars incompetence would make him a very..."fresh" character lol.

sh*t you're right! He is a version of Roman. Roman was totally inept at his barely criminal actions. Lamar is inept at his relatively amateur criminal activities, when compared to V's professional protags.

I should hang out here more,,,are we still giving cookies? . :cookie::cookie::cookie:

There should be a steak emoticon. :colgate:

Franklin, I may not like him much but at least he's not as annoying as Lamar.

Why do you think lamar is annoying?

Why do you think lamar is annoying?He always says the N word, and he's always cursing. But I prefer him as a side character.

Why do you think lamar is annoying?
He always says the N word, and he's always cursing. But I prefer him as a side character.Lol thats why i love lamar! Very reminiscent of me and my friends. Always fussing and cussing. Saying nigga after every other word. A bunch of ignorant, degenerate ass niggas! I guess people perfer characters they can relate to.

For me Lamar because Franklin is always whining about ''almost getting killed'' and ''Lamar always getting them both into trouble''. Franklin should be rolling with Larmar! Not whining about how he almost got killed. Franklin should be used to all that kind of sh*t.

Don't get me wrong, I love Franklin but this is what I think. ^^^

Edited by Lumpy Mango

I hate Lamar, I would only play him, if he may gets an own game, where you can be a prick or something.

Like: "The Ballad of Lamar blabla"

Lamar is just a plotpoint character who exists to get Franklin in trouble, and keep the player reminded that Franklin used to be a gangbanger. Both characters are kinda bad.

Edited by simonp92