GTAForums does NOT endorse or allow any kind of GTA Online modding, mod menus, tools or account selling/hacking. Do NOT post them here or advertise them, as per the forum rules.

Playing missions is awesome

DBrasco

So I've been playing this game since October 31st last year and 90% of the time in free-roam sessions, roaming around and griefing other players. Now lately I had reached a point in which the game was becoming stale. I was thinking of selling my PS3 and the game with it, but then I realized that I had only played a fraction of all the contact missions that the game has to offer. So I decided that before I was going to take a break from the game I was going to finish all of the game's contact missions. After now having played most of them I can tell you that I have had one of the most enjoyable experiences since playing this game. I now also realize that, even though cash cards are still an important factor, Rockstar also very much wants you to play these missions, as shown by the latest update. I now also think that it's an insult to the game's developers not having played most of those missions. I'd even go as far as to say that these contact missions are essentially what this game is all about. So if you like me and are becoming bored of the game and having played few missions I'll advise you with the utmost sincerity to go f*cking play them. You'll be suprised how fun many of those missions are.

Edited by DBrasco
  • Like 6

Chop Chop is arguably the best mission so far, I even steal a laser from Fort Z, and go all "F-15 Strike Eagle" on all the enemies.

Brool cory sto.

I know a brool cory sto about you... I'll give ya hint. Dreams are strange sometimes, aren't they?

7Rj3AZw.png

Brool cory sto.

I know a brool cory sto about you... I'll give ya hint. Dreams are strange sometimes, aren't they?

They're magical.

Brool cory sto.

They're magical.

Especially, when get to live out your life long fantasy.

• Like 1
7Rj3AZw.png

The missions are indeed fun. I don't spend enough time playing them myself, but they're a good break from free roam.

I prefer playing missions with my crew/friends over anything else in this game, to be honest.

Edited by StaticLW
  • Like 3
7Rj3AZw.png

OP has hit in on the head. Rockstars' previous idiotically low payouts of most missions completely discouraged most of the community from playing them.

Now that mission payouts are all equalized to within about 20%, IF you take at least 6 to 15 minutes to complete them, all these missions have been opened up again. I have now played most of them and it's true, they are actually fun, especially when I am not constantly thinking, "Why am I doing this $3,000 mission? I could be playing Rooftop Rumble" while I am doing them. :p

• Like 3

Missions are way more fun now then they were pre 1.16...Now I can play "No Hay Bronco" or "Los Santos Connection" and not worry that it isn't RR :panic: I find a balance of missions, races, free roam, keeps me entertained.

• Like 2

DarkSavageDeathlyCloud

a pureblood griefer that has seen the light ? :O

wow, thats like darth vaders master sidious going to the light side :O

1GPM69f.jpg

Missions have also become a lot more fun for me and thats mainly because I love the new payouts. Some missions now give me 12K when they once gave me 5K....Im averaging like 200K a night when I cant find decent Deathmatches to get into.

It's all fun and games until you play with low level players that start the mission in the middle of nowhere, trolls that purposely run you over, pervs that air thrust you and follow you, the ones that blow up the documents/boat/etc and then instead of using quick restart, they press the "continue" button and then select "replay" in the vote screen, and the lazy ones that make you do all the work.

• Like 2

Have you ever watched 'Star Wars'?

mmm chocolate

Missions are the best part.

Getting creative is where its at:

Start POTSHOT from the start menu from anywhere in the game, finish it by taking out ALL the homies for max time payout.

End at Trevor's then go back freeroam instead of using the voting screen. Start Crystal Clear Out I from start menu and then call Pegasus for a boat that spawns close to Trevor's. Take the boat across to begin the mission.

Keep Stanley alive until the end of No Hay Bronca by climbing the roof and quickly taking out the four enemies around him.

Try your missions more realistically, use a car with no armor or speed upgrades, bulletproof tires are recommended though, kill all backup chasing you instead of just racing to the finish, use a plane and parachute to end missions, use no PV and GRAND THEFT AUTO your way to the end of the missions, single shot pistol only, come up with alternate ways to take out the enemies in each mission, use all of your Pegasus vehicles instead of your regular car...

The possiblities are endless.

DarkSavageDeathlyCloud

Have you ever watched 'Star Wars'?

im a very sectretive star wars fan :)

i mean, i read the novels :p

1GPM69f.jpg

I am kind of the opposite of this post. All I really ever did was missions. Found pvp pointless, now I find myself in freeroam more trying to creatively play there.

Sniping people here and there. Cargobobing pvs, chasing bounties. So like OP I found another dimension to the game. Yes I know, surprising...

HollywoodVice

Been playing all the missions since day one.

As far as I'm concerned, not doing missions is just asinine.

• Like 3