Are Dwaine`s backup guys imortal?

MrVance

This is my 1.st playtrough when i actually used them to assist me in one mission for Phill Bell where you need to steal the boat full of drugs. They were quite usefull, they gunned down many russians. Even they were accidently caught in a rocket launcher blast i fired, a molotov fire and shot few times they were still alive. So i`m wondering is it even possible for them to die?

Anyway i was very pleased with their help since they are pretty much the only usefull backup you got in any GTA (which reminds me on that vercetti`s gang retards from VC lol) but it started to piss me off when i couldn`t get them off my back after the mission. They were following me all the time.

I tried to loose them with getting in a car and drive away fast but guess what, they somehow caught with me again. So i`ve decided to save the game and guess what- they were still there behind my bed. So i just reloaded my game and they finally disapeared.

Anyone knows for how long they stay with you? Are they still there if you triger another mission? And i wonder if it`s even possible for them to die?

They stay for around 10-20 minutes not sure, a rough estimate from doing Vigilante work with them. Wish The Lost backup was as tough as they were :(

They stay for around 10-20 minutes not sure, a rough estimate from doing Vigilante work with them. Wish The Lost backup was as tough as they were :(

Terry and Clay in TLAD were also very though altough they would get killed eventualy if caught by some serious explosion blast while Dwaine`s guys wouldn`t.

Terry and Clay in TLAD were also very though altough they would get killed eventualy if caught by some serious explosion blast while Dwaine`s guys wouldn`t.

A few weeks back they died from 4 pistol bullets (Terry and Clay), and they were fully toughened up. I was like WTF? They got shot up by fatty cops with pistols inside the sex shop. The system might be bugged.

They have the same amount of health as the player which is 200(health+armor)... All characters from missions or backup have 200 health (except girlfriends). It takes 12 Glock headshots to kill them.

That`s good if they have as much as health/armour as protag. I can`t imagine how frustrating it will be if they`d just die instantly. But just the same, Phill dies so fast in that missions it makes me madd. It isn`t though mission at all but Phill`s dying makes it very hard. So i`ve decided to call Dwayne`s guys for assistance and it really helped. That ability worths far more than that cash you got from Playboy if you kill Dwayne which you have nothing to spend on anyway. Besides i like Dwaine, i like to get drunk with him and listening to his self-pitty speech lol

Drunken Cowboy

Aren't T and C and Armando and H reskins of Dwayne's guys?

I never got Dwayne to like me enough to unlock his ability... f*ck, the only ones I ever managed to get were Roman and Brucie, not that I ever used them.

Untitled-2.gif

Aren't T and C and Armando and H reskins of Dwayne's guys?

I never got Dwayne to like me enough to unlock his ability... f*ck, the only ones I ever managed to get were Roman and Brucie, not that I ever used them.

Terry and Clay are TLMC, Johnny`s brothers, later in game you can call them for backup. Armando and Henrique are Luis`s friends in TBOGT and apart from gang wars you can`t actualy call them for backup, just for guns and vehicles. So those 4 have nothing to do with Dwayne or his 2 goons.

Yeah, it`s not so hard, you needed only 65% of Dwayne`s like to get his special ability. 50% you got already from killing Playboy, the rest of it you get by geting out with him 2 times. Roman`s and Brucie`s ability are quite useless since you don`t use them often. At least i don`t. But Dwayne`s, Francis`s comes more in handy. And dating Kiki is the best one because she can clear your wanted level up to 3 stars and she always picks up the phone unlike Francis who doesn`t even answer half the time and you only get his service untill the last mission. So i would say Kiki and Dwayne are the most usefull persons to hang out with.

Dont forget Carmen and Patrick McReary MrVance. She can heal you as long as you are standing still, and Packie delivers you a bomb that you can plant and doesnt atract cops. Very useful on missions and for messing around.

I use both Kiki's and Carmen's abilities all the time.

Dont forget Carmen and Patrick McReary MrVance. She can heal you as long as you are standing still, and Packie delivers you a bomb that you can plant and doesnt atract cops. Very useful on missions and for messing around.

I never dated Carmen, do you meet her on lovemeet too? And how do you mean she heals you, like filling your health up or what? If that`s the case than it`s easier to just by a hotdog lol

From all the pics on lovemeet i found Kiki the most atractive, (and that even before i knew she can cleare your wanted level) the rest of the women on there are just ugly. And it`s so funny to get drunk with Kiki, you should try it some day :rol:

I never dated Carmen, do you meet her on lovemeet too? And how do you mean she heals you, like filling your health up or what? If that`s the case than it`s easier to just by a hotdog lol

From all the pics on lovemeet i found Kiki the most atractive, (and that even before i knew she can cleare your wanted level) the rest of the women on there are just ugly. And it`s so funny to get drunk with Kiki, you should try it some day :rol:

You call Carmen and she fills your health bar. This will only work if you haven't been shot since the last time you were healed by eating or paramedics, since she cannot tell you how to treat gunshot wounds.

gtafsig.png?ex=6581f21c&is=656f7d1c&hm=9

Drunken Cowboy

You call Carmen and she fills your health bar. This will only work if you haven't been shot since the last time you were healed by eating or paramedics, since she cannot tell you how to treat gunshot wounds.

"Carmen! sh*t! I fell off a building and snapped my ankles in half!

"Just try to breathe easily, baby!"

"Wow, thanks! Thanks a lot!"

Anyway, I remember hanging out with Dwayne like four times and still didn't get it, maybe I ignored too many of his calls...

And when I said T and C were reskins of Dwayne's guys, isn't their behavior in following and combat the same? And couldn't you call A and H for backup? I haven't played Gay Tony in ages.

• Like 2
Untitled-2.gif

Lethal Vaccine

Lol, in IV if you get 100% Completion, most of those guys for Like and Respect are cake to reach 100%. Why? Well, cuz for 100% Completion you need to do EVERY activity with them at least once in the phone...If you do this, you increase the Like/Respect a lot. I seemed to get every person in my Pause Menu to 100%, except Dwayne which I got last. And before taking him out, only twice to finish him to 100%, he had 89% Respect and 93% Like...Very easy stuff. Also not to mention, all you gotta do to keep the Like/Respect the SAME without it decreasing is ACCEPT to hang out with whoever called you, then simply call them back and hit the option on the phone "Cancel Plans" and the Like/Respect will stay the same...

I never called Packie for a Bomb, and I never called Dwayne for backup, either. Never needed to do any of that, game wasn't too challenging anyways.

However, for Michelle's Fondness I got 100%, Kate - 90% before she died, and Carmen/Alex/Kiki, I only have 20% Fondness cuz I never actually cared to take them out on dates. What I did with those girls from Love-Meet.net and Craplist.net, I just used them to use the exploit to make the vehicles I obtained in my playthrough AP (All Proof which is - BP/DP/EP/FP; Bulletproof, Damageproof, Explosionproof, Fireproof)

Edited by Militia

Lol, in IV if you get 100% Completion, most of those guys for Like and Respect are cake to reach 100%. Why? Well, cuz for 100% Completion you need to do EVERY activity with them at least once in the phone...If you do this, you increase the Like/Respect a lot. I seemed to get every person in my Pause Menu to 100%, except Dwayne which I got last. And before taking him out, only twice to finish him to 100%, he had 89% Respect and 93% Like...Very easy stuff. Also not to mention, all you gotta do to keep the Like/Respect the SAME without it decreasing is ACCEPT to hang out with whoever called you, then simply call them back and hit the option on the phone "Cancel Plans" and the Like/Respect will stay the same...

I never called Packie for a Bomb, and I never called Dwayne for backup, either. Never needed to do any of that, game wasn't too challenging anyways.

However, for Michelle's Fondness I got 100%, Kate - 90% before she died, and Carmen/Alex/Kiki, I only have 20% Fondness cuz I never actually cared to take them out on dates. What I did with those girls from Love-Meet.net and Craplist.net, I just used them to use the exploit to make the vehicles I obtained in my playthrough AP (All Proof which is - BP/DP/EP/FP; Bulletproof, Damageproof, Explosionproof, Fireproof)

Kinda weird how the Internet girlfriends dump me just from one failed date... :/

"Let death take my enemies by surprise; let them go down alive to the grave, for evil finds lodging among them."

Lethal Vaccine

That is odd, indeed ^^^^

Just for asking them on a date, mine goes up 20% Fondness. Then when you schedule the date, mine goes to 40% Fondness, then when I fail the date to proof the vehicle it goes back down to 20% Fondness. It never drops below 20%...

I always call Dwaine to eat and once he declined and called Niko a tapeworm.

gtafsig.png?ex=6581f21c&is=656f7d1c&hm=9

Lethal Vaccine

Dwayne said that to me, but it was literally cuz I called him to go Eating and prior to saving right after we ALREADY ate, he said this. If you try to do the same activity they will make excuses like that.

"You're always hungry Niko, you got a tape worm or something? Maybe later."

Dwayne said that to me, but it was literally cuz I called him to go Eating and prior to saving right after we ALREADY ate, he said this. If you try to do the same activity they will make excuses like that.

"You're always hungry Niko, you got a tape worm or something? Maybe later."

I laughed my a*s off when I heard that for the first time.

Cheers.

I dont know. I always call Carmen after shootouts and she only heal me trough the phone. No kidding. Kiki and Carmen are the best for random mayhems. I took her for a drink and every time she confess she really loves Niko. Carmen on the other hand.....

Snake Plissken

I like calling for Dwayne's backup and taking them into a Maverick helicopter and landing on top of a skyscraper and gently bump into them when on foot until they fall off the building. The screams are hilarious and it doesn't even match their characters lol

• Like 2

I kind of like Dwayne, he is a little boring and depresive person though but i sure prefer him to that Playboy prick. Gosh i hated his "wassup money"

f*cking c*nt was so cliche-like black person with all his "yo when i`ll go rich i`ll build schools for kids so they could go out of the ghetto and make something of themselves"

Get the f*ck out of here man, we are sick of hearing these things.

The only thing that made me madd about Dwayne is when he called me to get out bowling i took him there but i was sick of it so i just ended up bolwing on half the game and than he said to me "ok but it was you who wanted to bowl" ?WTF? You little c*nt, you called me to go out bowling and now you said it it was me?

Wtf it makes no sense, i`d just bitchslap him.

Cringlebert Fishtybuns

Dwayne's backup guys aren't immortal but they can take way more damage than niko. I used to play a game with them, drive to the freeway section in north west Algonquin, and run back and forth across the lanes of traffic while they followed me, to see if I could out last them both. They could take sooooo many more hits from cars than niko ever could