2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

2. Support

3. Suggestions

*DO NOT* SHARE MEDIA OR LINKS TO LEAKED COPYRIGHTED MATERIAL. Discussion is allowed.

[REL|SA] 1971 Benson

universetwisters

universetwisters

I've always enjoyed looking through some of the mods here that pertain to taking preexisting vehicles from the GTA series and editing them to reflect a certain time period, purpose, etc. and since I finally got a decent copy of 3DSmax and all of the time in the world, there's no excuse to help out and project some of my ideas. Therefore, without further ado, here's my 1971 Benson, arriving at a local car dealership, industrial park, or scrapyard near you:

ZFlBc.jpg

Of course it's still a WIP, considering how bare it looks now, but hopefully within the next week or so I can get it tweaked up right and working ingame, possibly even complete with liveries and whatnot from the '70s (Hell, I even got the LOD up!) I used the Sadler's front because that's how most similar trucks looked back then, what with them being built on the chassis of commercially available trucks at the time. So basically, all I think needs to be done is line the dummies up where they gotta go, apply the damaged parts, and voila - we got a decent looking box truck that looks like it stepped right out of Starsky & Hutch, Fritz the Cat, Faces of Death, or whatever pop culture thing you wanna associate it with. Regardless, I hope you enjoy it along with the updates as much as I've been making it.

Special thanks to ALMOST610 and Mad_Maxine for inspiring me with their edits, my dad for being so stuck in the 1970s that I've grown a liking to this kind of stuff, and Rockstar for making great games (circa 2004) because without them, I would probably be in college doing something productive with my time!

Get it here!

Edited by universetwisters

Nice and original. And you know me, I love old stuff!

• Like 1

universetwisters

Nice and original. And you know me, I love old stuff!

Then you shant be dissapointed and stuff

A mod... from you?

Still, it seems nice! Needs a VC version so The Harwood Butcher can remember his young days.

• Like 4

universetwisters

A mod... from you?

Still, it seems nice! Needs a VC version so The Harwood Butcher can remember his young days.

Yup, you cheek :D

To address your point, I'll fiddle with a VC version once I finish the SA one first. Then again, if anyone wants to go ahead and convert it after this releases, they're more than welcome to. Speaking of, I spent literally all morning from when I woke up to now getting the damage models and dummies aligned, along with trying to get San Andreas to run it with scripts and the like (I need a new computer :/). The good news is that I've got it working no problem, but the bad news is that now it looks like a cross between something you see out of Mad Max and something that defies all laws of gravity. So I reckon back to the drawing board and readjusting those dummies.

LlS5Z.jpg

This kills the man.

E. Turns out a lot was messed up. I mean, lot. I don't know what a good enough analogy would be to literate how broken it was, but it's quite bad. Bad enough to the point to which I couldn't accurately pin them on one another. So I ended up remaking it but bringing along the dummies where they're meant to be. Not only that but I also managed to fix the part of the cargo compartment over the roof.

Now I see the Sadler front. Looks good, if not counting the bugs :p

• Like 1

DhF4CUK7S5mrQmZkTLK8DA.png

universetwisters

Now I see the Sadler front. Looks good, if not counting the bugs :p

Last night I already redid it with putting the Sadler dummies on the front where they were meant to go as opposed to trying to match the benson's up with where the sad lees would've been. Nows only a matter of getting the hierarchy right on and getting it in the game properly

That's good. Are we going to hope for an MVL version for VC, as, y'know, for MVL you don't have to convert the van.

DhF4CUK7S5mrQmZkTLK8DA.png

universetwisters

That's good. Are we going to hope for an MVL version for VC, as, y'know, for MVL you don't have to convert the van.

I remember silent mentioned something like that earlier. I'll probably do that after I finish with the current version especially considering that it's for SA and it still needs a lot of work to be done, like the dummies being the big one (hopefully when I test it later on it'll work) along with matching carcols, new advertisements on the side, and probably getting rid of the grime/dirt on it because it looks pretty appalling on my end along with VC and III not having that grime and I'd say it looked fine.

I have *a lot* of problems when it comes to dummy placement on my creations, still have to rethink and restudy that part of 3D modelling for GTA :p

Anyway, back on topic, I loved the look of this. Keep up the good work, mate!

• Like 1

universetwisters

I have *a lot* of problems when it comes to dummy placement on my creations, still have to rethink and restudy that part of 3D modelling for GTA :p

Anyway, back on topic, I loved the look of this. Keep up the good work, mate!

Thanks amigo! I'll have to look at some of your stuff once I get off work if that's cool and stuff.

The problem the first time around was that I tried to align the benson's dummies to match the front as opposed to just copying them from the Sadler itself and using those, so that I did. Now I'd say the dummies are where they ought to be in the original places for both the benson rear end and the Sadler cab/front. Now's a matter of getting the hierarchy right and getting it working ingame before I do the extras and other fun stuff.

universetwisters

Sorry for playing radio silence for the past nearly-a-week, along with double posting in this case. Real life's got me by the balls right now and I gotta play along with it, but I haven't forgotten about it. I just finished redoing the hierarchies for it and now it's only a matter of time before I get it working ingame, and hopefully actually working and not a bunch of offset sh*t so hopefully there's gonna be something coming up in the next few days or maybe even later today depending on how it goes.

Speaking of, should I keep the original extras/decals on the side for the final release? I removed them as of now and I know I want to add them in once it gets released but I don't know whether or not to release it with the original decals or make new ones.

BMWSauberF1.08

You should keep them,anyway nice project

• Like 2

universetwisters

Sorry guys, the mod's cancelled because I fell down my stairs and got limplip

That's a lie.

P3oxV.jpg

10620775_709379579117775_759645461240294

The last picture I took with my iPod because my thing froze up. I dunno why but I highly doubt it has to do with the truck itself but the script that's making it spawn. So far I'd say it looks good other than the fact that the cargo part looks like it hasn't been washed in 60 years and the carcols aren't set, but that aside I'd say it's good in the sense that the dummies are fixed and it actually looks like a proper cargo truck as opposed to a cargo truck slowly dying from a heroin overdose. Now comes the part that involves fixing what I just said, doing the extras, and wallah - you got your truck!

Special thanks to my amigo ALMOST610 for helping out with the dummies :beerhat:

BasicallyDrunK

That's a lie.

P3oxV.jpg

The last picture I took with my iPod because my thing froze up. I dunno why but I highly doubt it has to do with the truck itself but the script that's making it spawn. So far I'd say it looks good other than the fact that the cargo part looks like it hasn't been washed in 60 years and the carcols aren't set, but that aside I'd say it's good in the sense that the dummies are fixed and it actually looks like a proper cargo truck as opposed to a cargo truck slowly dying from a heroin overdose. Now comes the part that involves fixing what I just said, doing the extras, and wallah - you got your truck!

Sorry for that man, still great mod.

• Like 1

That's a lie.

P3oxV.jpg

I am fairly sure he is joking and thats why he hid the progress in the spoiler.... I am sure you can still expect a release.

• Like 1
XDBuildTopicSig6.png

universetwisters

That's a lie.

P3oxV.jpg

I am fairly sure he is joking and thats why he hid the progress in the spoiler.... I am sure you can still expect a release.

Pretty much. Now's a matter of setting up the carcols and figuring out what to put on the sides for like advertisements and sh*t. Half of me wants to go whacky and do something like "Erotic Ernie's Enema Emporium" but the other half wants me to be serious. Decisions, decisions.

I know for a fact, though, the way I wanna do the paintjob is something like this, where the cargo compartment is grey while the cab can be any color. I've seen stuff like that in old trucks a few times.

RDjt1.jpg

• Like 2

Get some lighting on that thing, please. It looks like it's been de-lighten (is that even a word?) from a nuclear explosion. Do it for the Ugandan children.

Edited by theNGclan

universetwisters

Get some lighting on that thing, please. It looks like it's been de-lighten (is that even a word?) from a nuclear explosion. Do it for the Ugandan children.

I'll look into it. Right now I just used the lighting that it came with and nothing else.

I'll look into it. Right now I just used the lighting that it came with and nothing else.

Get to it boy. Don't make me get the belt.

universetwisters

Brent, now that we're on the topic of lighting, what specifically do you mean? You just said "lighting" and that's a pretty broad term if you don't specify how it should be fixed other than the jabs.

Brent, now that we're on the topic of lighting, what specifically do you mean? You just said "lighting" and that's a pretty broad term if you don't specify how it should be fixed other than the jabs.

The actually lighting on the front part of the vehicle seems to be off. It's almost as if it's constantly in a shadow.

universetwisters

The actually lighting on the front part of the vehicle seems to be off. It's almost as if it's constantly in a shadow.

I didn't change nothing to it. If anything, it looks exactly identical to the regular Sadler's front end.

VVHJe.jpg
CHANGE BIG DARK BROWN THING TO BE BRIGHT LIKE THE BACK AND THE REST OF THE WORLD

I didn't change nothing to it. If anything, it looks exactly identical to the regular Sadler's front end.

So you did change it, ("I didn't change nothing" means you did change something, learn2english), also lol nope
Sadler.jpg

Edited by Kalvin

universetwisters

I thought that was one of the colors or something. I heard the Sadler had prelighting problems, I just didn't look into it a lot since I never noticed it during regular gameplay. I'll look into it and get back if need be. I thought by the mention of the front part of the vehicle, he meant like around the grille and lights and stuff, not the entire cab. Dully noted and will be looked into.

Clarification, folks

• Like 2

Yes! You made a topic for it (Just realised I was a bit late to the party)!

The Sadler has specular lighting problems too, just an FYI. Can't wait till this beauty gets finished. :^:

• Like 1

universetwisters

Yes! You made a topic for it (Just realised I was a bit late to the party)!

The Sadler has specular lighting problems too, just an FYI. Can't wait till this beauty gets finished. :^:

Better late than never, that's the cool part.

True, like I mentioned above I read that the Sadler has specular lighting problems but I'm not too familiar with the term since I just got into this kind of stuff. I've been looking around and I hope to have the problem fixed next time I make an update, which would most likely have new carcols & decals with it.