Koenigsegg recalls exactly ONE Agera.

Maxxi

Yea I find it hilarious too. Found on Jalopnik.

Jalopnik Article

EDIT: f*ck quotes. Link to article is above.

Edited by CoolStoryBroseph

Ha, that's pretty funny! I can't believe there's only one owner in the entire country of the United States!

VWSTp.png

Ha, that's pretty funny! I can't believe there's only one owner in the entire country of the United States!

Seriously, I'm surprised that there aren't rappers or celebrities lining up to own one of the fastest cars currently available.

Seriously, I'm surprised that there aren't rappers... lining up to own one of the fastest cars currently available.

It's much easier to rap about "Ferrari" than it is "Koenigsegg". Most rappers probably can't pronounce it, let alone find a rhyme for it.

Edited by DarrinPA
  • Like 2

Seriously, I'm surprised that there aren't rappers... lining up to own one of the fastest cars currently available.

It's much easier to rap about "Ferrari" than it is "Koenigsegg". Most rappers probably can't pronounce it, let alone find a rhyme for it.

just like they pronounce Maybach as Meybeck, Mercedes as Mörseydäs, or call BMW a "Beamer"

Edited by Stephan90

If they can't pronounce the name of the vehicle correctly, then they shouldn't own one.

VWSTp.png

If they can't pronounce the name of the vehicle correctly, then they shouldn't own one.

And with the snap of my fingers, every Nissan, Jaguar, and Mazda owner in Britain suddenly found themselves without a car. Mysteriously, 99% of Porsche owners worldwide also found themselves without a automobile around this time.

• Like 2

I call it the Koenigseggisseggggnignigsegigisegggg.

• Like 2

image.png

twitter // instagram // #KB43VER

QuackinAColdOne

The fact that the only owner lives in San Fran. makes me laugh. What's the post of owning one if you're one if you're going to f*ck up the underside of it everytime you go to the grocery store.

And with the snap of my fingers, every Nissan, Jaguar, and Mazda owner in Britain suddenly found themselves without a car. Mysteriously, 99% of Porsche owners worldwide also found themselves without a automobile around this time.

And all non-French Renault, Peugeot and Citroën owners?

Except Brits can actually pronounce 'Jaguar', Americans cannot. Generally speaking, Americans cannot pronounce English words.

• Like 2

Except Brits can actually pronounce 'Jaguar', Americans cannot. Generally speaking, Americans cannot pronounce English words.

The word Jaguar is from the Portuguese word "Jaguar," which is said Jag-wahr.

The car manufacturer Jaguar is British and is thus a name, they can decide how to pronounce it. But moreover, your argument is stupid. Do you pronounce Paris as the French do? I doubt it.

The car manufacturer Jaguar is British and is thus a name, they can decide how to pronounce it. But moreover, your argument is stupid. Do you pronounce Paris as the French do? I doubt it.

So by your logic General Motors can call themselves "Gen-e-ral Mot-torz" Jaguar is entirely from the Portuguese language, and is pronounced Jag-Wahr. It even makes sense by the rules of the English language. Jag as in Jagged, uar as in Bodyguard. Unless Jaguar was the last name of a founder, which it wasn't, the word is pronounced the correct way. Since it's named after the jungle cat, it is said jag-wahr.

So by your logic General Motors can call themselves "Gen-e-ral Mot-torz" Jaguar is entirely from the Portuguese language, and is pronounced Jag-Wahr. It even makes sense by the rules of the English language. Jag as in Jagged, uar as in Bodyguard. Unless Jaguar was the last name of a founder, which it wasn't, the word is pronounced the correct way. Since it's named after the jungle cat, it is said jag-wahr.

But Jaguar is pronounced like that in English, I'm afraid, since they are not speaking Portuguese in Britain. It's not uncommon for loanwords to change pronounciation when they reach another language.

Moreover, while General Motors could do that, Jaguar did not do the same thing, just used the pronounciation of 'jaguar' used in English, not in Portuguese.