Stuck after Mr. Richards mission

MinusculeV1per
Go to solution Solved by MinusculeV1per,

MinusculeV1per

After completing Mr. Richards, there aren't any missions available.

You're suppose to get a call for Michael from Dr. Friedlander and Caida Libre from Martin Madrazo but they're not showing up. Please Help.

MinusculeV1per

I only have Lester's Multi target assassination, which i won't do until the end of the storyline. Could this be the mission I have to do to resume the storyline?

Have you created a rockstar social club account?

Can you make your stats public in your privacy settings and post your social club username so we can look at your stats please.

Want to check if you are missing anything else.

After The merryweather heist and blitz play you should have gotten (not necessarily in this order) I fought the law, eye in the sky, and Mr. Richards (which you have obviously done).

You should have something else to do-- you should be able to hold that mission (the remaining Lester assassinations) until after the story is done.

7744.png

"I want to design a video game where you take care of all the people shot in all the

other video games.... It's called Busy Hospital II" -- Demetri Martin

RIP BDP

• 2 weeks later...

No problem with the bump-- sorry I did not see this previously...

You need to post your user id-- the link you posted goes to my stats, not yours----

This is the link for others to see your stats--- insert your ID into link where indicated...

http://socialclub.rockstargames.com/member/USERNAMEHERE/games/gtav/career/checklist

7744.png

"I want to design a video game where you take care of all the people shot in all the

RIP BDP

IM having a similar issue. I did the assassination mission, and now occasionally there are only side missions to do, but haven't gotten to the Merriwether Heist, and no "mission icons" appear on the map for any of the 3 characters. may need to load a save from very early in the game.

• 2 weeks later...

@ Viper-- it looks like your next missions should be either "I fought the Law" or "eye in the Sky"

Sorry for the late reply-- it sounds as if both of you may be having the "stuck mission" bug-- where essentially your game will not generate the next mission-- you can try to go back to a previous save if possible.... if you didn't keep any saves you can try to do the following-- these have been known to unstick the game for some people...

Save in a new slot-- exit the game-- start up the game so the new slot loads and kill yourself right after spawning.

Go to GTAO using the character swap wheel-- play for 5 minutes and exit via the swap wheel

Take cab ride skipping the trip.

Do a friend activity.

Do a side mission (ie for trevor if he has purchased McKenzie field-- do his arms race missions)-- might help to die in the middle of this.

Do Random events if they are spawning still (sometimes the bug affects this).

7744.png

RIP BDP

• 1 month later...
MinusculeV1per

I tr

@ Viper-- it looks like your next missions should be either "I fought the Law" or "eye in the Sky"

Sorry for the late reply-- it sounds as if both of you may be having the "stuck mission" bug-- where essentially your game will not generate the next mission-- you can try to go back to a previous save if possible.... if you didn't keep any saves you can try to do the following-- these have been known to unstick the game for some people...

Save in a new slot-- exit the game-- start up the game so the new slot loads and kill yourself right after spawning.

Go to GTAO using the character swap wheel-- play for 5 minutes and exit via the swap wheel

Take cab ride skipping the trip.

Do a friend activity.

Do a side mission (ie for trevor if he has purchased McKenzie field-- do his arms race missions)-- might help to die in the middle of this.

Do Random events if they are spawning still (sometimes the bug affects this).

I did what you've listed, It still isn't working. I haven't Purchased MacKenzie airfield because I don't have enough money. The stock market somehow took away my money.

• 2 weeks later...
MinusculeV1per

Maybe this method could work:

Delete all Patches/Updates

Start the game

Complete missing missions

Re-install patches

Sanandreaslife01

You have to complete the first assissination mission in order to advance the main story

He said his assassination mission is the multi target one.

The first assassination mission that is compulsory to progress the main story is the hotel assassination mission.

• Solution
MinusculeV1per

I finally found the solution to this problem!

Just delete the patches.

Thank you GTAForums for all your support. I shall proceed further into Single Player.

Edited by MinusculeV1per