2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

2. Support

3. Suggestions

GTAForums does NOT endorse or allow any kind of GTA Online modding, mod menus, tools or account selling/hacking. Do NOT post them here or advertise them, as per the forum rules.
*DO NOT* SHARE MEDIA OR LINKS TO LEAKED COPYRIGHTED MATERIAL. Discussion is allowed.

Next Gen: No More Than 16 Players Please

LA_Takers

Before raising the online lobby limit to more than 16 players, Rockstar should keep the same standards as Story Mode:

- Graphics, physics, resolution, frame rate

- Exact map (no missing objects)

- Density of traffic (vehicles, pedestrians, wildlife)

- Variety of traffic (vehicles, pedestrians, wildlife)

- Vehicle top speed and acceleration

If the game/servers can't handle the maximum potential stress created by 16 players simultaneously (while maintaining everything from story mode), I don't want more than 16 player lobbies.

Before raising the online lobby limit to more than 16 players, Rockstar should keep the same standards as Story Mode:

If the game/servers can't handle the maximum potential stress created by 16 players simultaneously (while maintaining everything from story mode), I don't want more than 16 player lobbies.

Makes sense.

I think it will be in between 24-32,

At least I hope.

It wouldnt impact the online aspect negatively,

Look at how long people have put up with the current multiplayer,

Increased player count would actually make it better.

• Like 7

There are no actual "game servers" in that context - the game runs P2P, our consoles act has the host (hence hacked lobbies and network problems).

But I agree - 16 players is fine but would love it to be closer to the SP experience.

At least I hope.

I like the idea, but I could just see it turning in to a giant deathmatch.

Translation: Hi, I have no experience developing software. Here's my opinion on what a multi-billion dollar software company should do.

Sorry, OP, but you ain't got no cred.

Translation: Hi, I have no experience developing software. Here's my opinion on what a multi-billion dollar software company should do.

If my expectations are not feasible, then they should keep the player limit at 16.

I just don't see the point in sacrificing game quality for more populated online lobbies.

OP, I'm sure they've thought this through.

Obviously, but there are plenty of players (such as those who use these forums) that would like huge lobbies even if it meant sacrificing the quality of the game.

I'm here to discuss why it would be better to keep the player count down.

Rockstar listens to its customers, as we know. The assholes want more targets for their tank, so Rockstar will oblige by creating at least a 32 target player lobby. :p

Rockstar listens to its customers, as we know. The assholes want more targets for their tank, so Rockstar will oblige by creating at least a 32 target player lobby. :p

+ auto aim on Rhino

+ more Bieber tracks

• Like 1

SimsDaniel916

I think 24 would be perfect. Currently, only 16 players on the large map makes everything feel vacant and anymore than 24 would be very chaotic.

• Like 4
vfMenzx.jpg

There are no actual "game servers" in that context - the game runs P2P, our consoles act has the host (hence hacked lobbies and network problems).

But I agree - 16 players is fine but would love it to be closer to the SP experience.

At least I hope.

I don't know about you,

But gta online is already one big deathmatch.

Whats wrong with adding some more to the body pile

Thirty-Two people on this map? Are you people brain damaged? There would literally be no safe zone, with sixteen players as is or even twelve when war in the Streets starts it doesn't remain stationary it spills all over, continuously moving. Thirty-players would get sucked into a street war vortex and feed the monster.

At least I hope.

This is when the real GTAO will start I knew it before the game was out

http://gtaforums.com/topic/581559-dlc-content-for-the-future/?do=findComment&comment=1063149998

16 players on GTAV's map really bottlenecks GTAO's potential, now with 32 players (hopefully) the gameworld will feel much more alive with or without the number of pedestrians in single player. Now crews can invite a good amount of players to effectively go to war with other crews (This would be the perfect time to bring back MP3 feuds). the bigger amount of players will also force people to spread out around the map a little bit more and events like delivering cars to Simeon will be crazy but hopefully more rewarding.

Sure it might be chaotic but it will never be dull, the only problem I could see with it is auto aim lobbies, 31 maniacs that can kill you so easily with not much thought put into it instead of the normal 15 I could see that becoming real frustrating.

Edited by Gregers08
  • Like 1

This is not about developing software, is about having common sense, you dumbass. OP never said what way Rockstar should take, he only said the game needs balancing before adding more players, which leads to more freezing and poor low textured map.

eutxizW.gifeutxizW.gif

Are you kidding??

The main selling point for GTA V on next gen console, for me anyway, is only if the free roam lobbies have at least 32 players... I'm hoping for 64.

• Like 1

At least I hope.

This is when the real GTAO will start I knew it before the game was out

http://gtaforums.com/topic/581559-dlc-content-for-the-future/?do=findComment&comment=1063149998

16 players on GTAV's map really bottlenecks GTAO's potential, now with 32 players (hopefully) the gameworld will feel much more alive with or without the number of pedestrians in single player. Now crews can invite a good amount of players to effectively go to war with other crews (This would be the perfect time to bring back MP3 feuds). the bigger amount of players will also force people to spread out around the map a little bit more and events like delivering cars to Simeon will be crazy but hopefully more rewarding.

Sure it might be chaotic but it will never be dull, the only problem I could see with it is auto aim lobbies, 31 maniacs that can kill you so easily with not much thought put into it instead of the normal 15 I could see that becoming real frustrating.

Exactly, a whole crew would have to work together for any in lobby job to be feasible.

At least with mental states and tank markers would make going through the map easier with the increased player count

TheJasonGallant

Gotta agree with the op... I prefer having the same standarts of story mode over player count. Though I would love more players...

This is not about developing software, is about having common sense, you dumbass. OP never said what way Rockstar should take, he only said the game needs balancing before adding more players, which leads to more freezing and poor low textured map.

That had more to do with the constraints of the hardware.

Not the way it was networked or player count.

Just to add not sure whether related or not, I was in a store and had a 5 star wanted level, shooting the Police as they came in store, the game (framerate?) slowed down.

Edited by cjdavies

Not sure if the op is trolling or not.

An online game with only 16 people in it is not an online game.

On consoles it is, PC gaming....not so much. If the new-gen/current-gen (whatever it's called now) wants to compete with PC - if it is competing, it should raise its online player cap. GTA V released at the end of the 360's life and having it on the One (as well as PS4) means R* haven't worked with the new-gen as much. I'm sure they'll be doing a lot of tweaking to the online (more drastic changes than what we have now such as buildings changing and these feeble updates).

I'm just assuming here. :)

This is just crazy, who wouldn't want more players??!?! The city at the moment is like a ghost town (or city I spose), with more NPC's and players the new gen consoles will give it a much more interesting vibe

Have that many people and you will see 98% of them in the middle of the city outside while the small 2% are somewhere up North and/or exploring areas around.

since you put it this way, YES! i want descent graphics in MP for nextgen. but i would also like 32 players :)

edit: but i only demand 1080p with better textures, they might already be cutting stuff for ps5 versions, who knows.

Edited by iddqdvie

They have promised higher resolution/textures/draw distance already (R* would not promise if it wasn't true)

No promise on more players though. I am fearful it will remain at 16.

Whatever they do, they will have to give us something more than just textures to get us on the next gen version, right?

Xbox one and PS4 have almost been out for a year. Get with the programme. It's current gen

R* really needs to improve on other things OP listed for it to be a seller (at least to me)

If its the exact same game with fancier graphics and a few more NPC's, I'll pass