2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

2. Support

3. Suggestions

GTAForums does NOT endorse or allow any kind of GTA Online modding, mod menus, tools or account selling/hacking. Do NOT post them here or advertise them, as per the forum rules.
*DO NOT* SHARE MEDIA OR LINKS TO LEAKED COPYRIGHTED MATERIAL. Discussion is allowed.

The Adder Can Be Respectable

Gisking747

When GTA online first became playable in mid october, the car that every mic-squeeling glitcher had to have was the overpriced and gaudy looking Adder. Obviously the game had to have a most expensive car, and it wouldn't be fair if it was the best in the game, as only rich players could win in races. People said that the entity was faster, had more mods, and looked better... and they were right. So the adder became a symbol of glitched money well wasted. Chrome and dollar sign wheels further drove home how clueless you were (See Below).

ffYtgge.jpg

Notice the ever-present dents and scratches

But now, as the summer of 2014 comes to an end, a new car has captured the taste of foul mouthed 9 year olds. The Zentorno has become the new adder. Horrible paint jobs, horrible wheels and wheel colours, and appalling jet fighter wing spoilers. The adder has become but a sour after taste in the mouths of glitchers across the GTA online community.

When playing GTA online, I more often than not find myself behind the wheel of a Karin or Mabatsu. Very rarely do I delve into the childish world of supercars. My poor-mans turismo sits in the garage, only to be used for races. But recently, the adder has captured my attention. Without the distraction of chrome or shouting children, I can appreciate the adder for what it is. Below are some photos of the seldom seen, tasteful adder.

pNthXlg.jpg

WNn9l1D.jpg

UMlEJxE.jpg

DQ7ka9u.jpg

SV73e7K.jpg

CheaterMcCheat

No they can't, not after what I did to all those hookers in one..

Playing Top Trumps Lord of The Rings edition with hookers in an Adder isn't that bad.

• Like 3

I drive mine all the time! Loved it then, love it still! Not chrome though, far from it: matte black with an ice white pearl and brushed gold secondary. I use this colour combo often on cars with a pronounced secondary colour as it looks f*cking awesome.

So what you're really trying to say is that you have taste and others don't?

No, what i'm saying is that the adder was a symbol of cheating, with people finding the most obnoxious colour combinations available. Now it is just a fast overpriced car that someone could drive without that label. Look up Yakuza lambos on the googles. These guys made their money through illicit means, and like to show it off with insane, over the top modifications.

Painted it in metals and uses secondary colour, not stylish to me.

May sell mine when money is tight and put a vacca or voltic, I personally hate the bullet because it sounds weird

Edited by iProGam3r

I agree completely; the Adder looks great when done correctly, much like its real-life counterpart, the Veyron.

I wish the Zentorno wasn't the new yolo-swag-mobile for 12-year-old asshats, though. Because it's pretty fun to drive and I personally kinda like the massive spoiler (a-la-Koenigsegg Agera R).

So what you're really trying to say is that you have taste and others don't?

No, what i'm saying is that the adder was a symbol of cheating, with people finding the most obnoxious colour combinations available. Now it is just a fast overpriced car that someone could drive without that label. Look up Yakuza lambos on the googles. These guys made their money through illicit means, and like to show it off with insane, over the top modifications.

Holy sh*t!

357172,xcitefun-yakuza-lamgorghini-1.jpg

• Like 4

I showed this to some chicks irl who love anime. They loved my Adder. ^^

0_0.jpg

it was only a matter of time.

V HoneyBadger V

I completely agree with the OP.

Except I dislike the fact that you put brushed metal paint and black Supa Gee rims on the Adder.

That is not how to Adder.

Try alloy wheels and nice looking colours: silver, dark grey, red, dark blue or white. No stripes unless it is a brushed metal.

I use a set of rims in the SUV class that looks like the Veyron rims but with a deep dish version. That's as close as it gets. I have Cabernet Red metallic with Cabernet Red pearlescent. No tinted windows.

If I could post a picture I would.

But back to the rant.

Why couldn't Rockstar make supercars a level 200+ exclusive? Every silly child and fa**ot can get one very early and apply the swag package of chrome and dollar rims. And now I see them everywhere.

Edited by V HoneyBadger V
  • Like 1

You know how some people like coffee, and some like tea? Others like both, some like neither? Maybe, just maybe, some people actually like the way the Adder looks when painted chrome, maybe they just like the attention they get. Maybe if nobody liked the Adder, or its leary paint schemes, and everybody followed the same idiology, things wouldn't turn out as well as you might think.

I have 2 characters, my main guy is 106, haven't used him in a while, he drives a Zentorno. It looks stupid - of course it does, it has hexagon holes cut in the back and too many angles, but it is black with a red trim, I have never changed the wheels - why anyone would want to lose that awesome looking coloured band around the stock tyres is beyond me. I think it looks alright, or as good as it possibly can look, I'm sure others would say it looks boring.

My 2nd character has a black/cream Adder. I don't like how it looks, it's a veyron, no matter how you paint it - if you pollish a turd, it's still a turd. I drive it because it was left over from the hooker glitch. I had $2M and a garage full of useless Adders so I replaced them with Buffalo's sold them, fixed up and bought a few other cars, and now I am back to $2M and one Adder. I would rather have a Zentorno, but at $725K (about $1M after upgrades) it is just not worth it, my Adder has cost me $47K for a turbo.

The reason I drive an Adder and a Zentorno, is because they are fast. They move me across the map better than any other nice looking car, and they allow me to win many races. When the urge to drive a pretty car hits me, I drive my Monroe, Z-Type, Coquette Classic, Sabre Turbo, Phoenix, etc.

OP, I kind of agree that it can look respectable colorwise, but as for the shape, not really.

• Like 2

It may be one of the rarest cars i see now. Dare I say a `classic``......naw too early for that.

...Turismo R...

Wait theres other Super Cars that are not The Entity,The Adder And the Zentorno?

That´s crazy talk

• Like 1

Adder never looked bad, it just had a lot of bad drivers, and a lot of bad possible paintjobs. The Entity and Zentorno suffer from the same condition, but they weren't as common as Adders.