GTAForums does NOT endorse or allow any kind of GTA Online modding, mod menus, tools or account selling/hacking. Do NOT post them here or advertise them, as per the forum rules.

When I'm not on the job, I like to do [unspecified activities].

Sir Michael

Okay, I'm becoming real curious about something... What do you guys do when you're not doing races, death matches, missions, or any other jobs? I try to invite people to do jobs, but a vast majority never accept and act as if whatever they're doing in free roam is the sh*t.

-I know people like to do PvP, but is that because you can just look at your radar for a 100% guaranteed location, or the freedom you're granted from the small clutteredness of a Deathmatch "arena??"

-Outside of bounties, Lester assassinations, import/export, and selling cars, there isn't much financial incentive for free roam.

-Friends and crews are good reasons, but from what I've witnessed, there aren't that many people banding together in public lobbies; instead, they're just slaughtering each other, losing money by destroying their cars, buying loads of explosives and what not.

-Car modification is another good reason, but it shouldn't take longer than 10 minutes to make up your mind.

Now I'm not bashing what people do with their time, but is free roam that much fun that people just want to ignore somebody sending a job invite like they're weed dealers trying to sell cocaine and heroin?? Lol

Edited by SirMichaelRocks23
  • Like 2

Sky dive...fly the besra...stunt on bikes...mass npc/other player killing...free roam is where I'm at 90 percent of the time

Edited by godziller
  • Like 2

besra, lazer, chopper, besra, chopper, lazer...

buying snacks is also my thing. its probably the only 'gathering task' in the game besides restocking ammo.

Its because there is little incentive to engage with the in game activities,

because they pay too little,

Take to much time,

And you are required to foot your own funds for mission munitions.

A 15000 payout comes to nill if u spam rockets and grenades.

And besides.

Gta at its core is all about grieving and carnage in an open environment,

The missions and the open world aspect actually discourage both.

But people are will to fiddle round in free roam because it is actually fun and unexpected each time,

Instead of a canned and written experience.

Edited by anybodykilla

Many of us have 20 cars we all spent considerable amounts of time on aqcuiring and customizing, free roam lets you embark on some epic drives, nothing beats a screaming engine echoing trough the Los Santos hillside by sunset!

When I'm not doing missions I'm either AFC, at LSC, or changing my hair and clothes.

38391_s.gif

When im not on the job, i like to do money gltiches. ;-)

--------------------

tbh, most players probably dont care for missions in this game. Most missions are all the same. Steal coke here, Steal car there, Deliver documents wherever, ETC...

There is little dirrerences between the missions. So most players would rather stick to free mode. Thats probably why players dont accept invites. Free roam is a lot more fun then playing a bunch of boring missions. They also only play certien missions that they know has good payouts.

Edited by Awesom-0

Yeahh, you guys do make good points about the jobs being really boring. I guess they're really there to fuel our bank accounts with the money needed to go on psychotic killing sprees. :p

I admit that I hang out in free roam a lot on my level 160 character, and me and my friend go on random killing sprees and fly jets to scare people. I usually mess with clothes and modify my cars, fly a plane around, do insane jumps, get into 5* chases with cops other players, especially stalking jet gtiefers with a Besra, or just sit in passive mode and sitnin the middle of a 8 player skirmish.

It still sucks for when I actually want to host a job (I usually do quick job anyway), nobody ever joins, but hey, this game is what you make of it, so I can't really complain. Lol

I like to fly a helicopter as low and fast as possible through the city, sometimes flying over other player thinking that they may appreciate the sight of a chopper at low altitude flying past them. Most of the time they give me the impression that they would rather see a burnt out helicopter by the side of the road though.

The Swift is great for skimming the water in first person also and scaring players on a Seashark.

• Like 2

Chill down on the beach (on passive mode, I'm DTA outside my crew & friends list) drink and smoke up while chilling, take my boats out for a spin or swim around, look at realestate that I might missed or not taken notice before, take photos, walk around (safely) LS; P.Bay; Sandy Shores, watch other players from my apartments play (good way to not be kicked from session if you busy), stock up; ammo; body armour; snacks, drive around in cars I own I wouldn't usually drive in if I was PVP; RVR; CVC, get in my tank and give it to a player who is low rank or getting smashed by others in session and watch him/her from my apartment go crazy until killed.

Knock around with some ratchets hoes in strawberry or mid-class hoes in Vinewood, chill at the strip club, call strippers to mine where I smoke bongs; drink and repeat until my next random fun idea pops into my f*cked up c*nt of a players head and go do it.

Report cheaters & film them is another hobby I enjoy, I usually check if anyone in current session I entered has a "kick boot" next to name. Well, if they do I watch them before I leave my apartment because they might be cheating, so I'm being what I eat (c*nt), and reporting an email w/footage to R* ban hammer. Repeated abuse emails until I get replies that are not auto-set replies from R*. Spamming like grinding, errrryday,

Edit (just thought I point out what my shortcuts meant for people who might not understood)-

Crew vs Crew (CVC)

Rival vs Rival (RVR)

Edited by Syphiroth

90% of time i am doing jobs whit randoms... but sometime i take a break and buy some snack,change clothes go to lsc

Hanging around Sandy shores while stealing Lazers, changing outfits, taking scenery pics when it's sunset, selfies and a bit of car modifications

Looking for dots that don't move and calling muggers.

Much fun. Especially when the character wakes up because you can imagine someone sitting there spitting out their dinner to jump for the controller.

• Like 2

HipHopMagician

In free roam I'm either at the customs or on my way to the customs. Or flying the Besra. That's about it.

lazyassedlover

explore, make friends, off roading, internet, tv, jet skiing , skydiving, mountain biking, riding trains, exploring the coastline, exploring underwater, roleplaying, car meets, bike meets

theres so much, theres like a huge giant mountain called chilliad i hardly ever see people on,

too many players limit their gaming to random killing and jerk taunts (which can also be fun) but come on

Ps i do all these things

evc0izr.png

inb4changefontandsize

Missions are useless. I spend almost every gaming minute in freeroam doing supid stuff. The last weeks, my crew and i sit together in a sultan in a free aim lobby, hanging out of the windows with uzzis, hunting down others. Huge fun until we got hit by a single rocket killing all 4 of us. Even more fun in a 6x6 dubsta. 6 uzzis got a nice firepower.

Tbh I spend a lot of time either in passive mode just roaming around or I'm in the besra trying to fly as low to the ground as possible to knock over cars or other players with the jets exhaust