3. Gangs

1. Announcements

2. Support

1. Court House
    3. Suggestions

Grand Theft Auto IV Beta Hunt

henry_™

4 minutes ago, Jeansowaty said:

Sergei's Bar is the beta name for Comrades, Vlad's Bar. Sergei remains there during cutscenes. The props from Comrades are labelled as "sergeibar".

Thats cool! I wish it stayed as Sergei's, looks less generic than the Comrade's Bar. Place looks huge.

Perhaps it was originally intended that the Sergei character would own the bar. He doesn't own Comrades in the final game.

I am working on a beta radar but i don't know how to make the health bars to look like in sa. Can someone tell me how to do that?

7skOQN.png

7skBO1.jpg

Edited by Lukakion
  • Like 3
9 hours ago, Jeansowaty said:

Sergei's Bar is the beta name for Comrades, Vlad's Bar. Sergei remains there during cutscenes. The props from Comrades are labelled as "sergeibar".

Now i'm wondering where the hell was Sergei's from that original image. The low building and lack of visible skyscrapers kinda rule out Algonquin, and that area doesn't look a lot like Hove Beach. The colors and design would suggest it's an italian bar instead of Russian, so it wouldn't make sense for Vlad to own that.

As for Vlad's bar props being labeled as sergei, those could be simply leftovers, as in they already had bar parts modelled in-game so why do others for Vlad's bar specifically?

To be honest, it's huge and looks more like an Italian restaurant. I don't think it was supposed to be the original bar.

Edited by Americana

Sergei's definitely doesn't sound the like the name of an Italian bar/restuarant, Sergei is a Russian name

pufNph7.png

The image gives me a bit of an Algonquin Alderney vibe with the almost uninterrupted skyline. Is that a train railway on the right?

Edited by Spy Fox
On 2/8/2021 at 9:55 AM, Lukakion said:

Can someone put my beta jackets in the game?

I tried them. Your beta jackets look great

5 hours ago, Spy Fox said:

Sergei's definitely doesn't sound the like the name of an Italian bar/restuarant, Sergei is a Russian name

pufNph7.png

The image gives me a bit of an Algonquin Alderney vibe with the almost uninterrupted skyline. Is that a train railway on the right?

It looks a lot like the Pizza This in Leftwood though I could be wrong. I have a feeling Alderney reuses some beta Broker/Dukes content. So there is a connection between that beta restaurant and this place. Interesting.

• Like 3
On 2/18/2021 at 5:58 PM, Jeansowaty said:

It looks a lot like the Pizza This in Leftwood though I could be wrong. I have a feeling Alderney reuses some beta Broker/Dukes content. So there is a connection between that beta restaurant and this place. Interesting.

POabdWn.png

I thought that as well funnily enough, but upon having a look it looks too different.

Might do some investigating ingame in Alderney tonight to see if I can find any buildings that look like Sergei's

Edited by Spy Fox

pufNph7.png

09nyyx6.png

Could Sergei's have been located here? Its removal from the game could explain why theres a big ass gap in the middle of Hove Beach for no reason

1 minute ago, Spy Fox said:

pufNph7.png

09nyyx6.png

Could Sergei's have been located here? Its removal from the game could explain why theres a big ass gap in the middle of Hove Beach for no reason

Honestly that thought crossed my mind as well.

• Like 3

Yeah, I think that's the location. Thank God they removed this building from Hove Beach. Rockstar developers had some brains back then.

On 2/12/2021 at 7:22 AM, Panzermann11 said:

In the game, you can see many different citizens drive the Securicar. It's kinda senseless, considering it's not like they managed to steal the truck or something. There's gotta be something in the game's code to modify so the armed Gruppse Sechs guards drive the truck.

It's possible to restore them, but with some exceptions. To explain what's happening: Securicar is listed in the "FACTORY" and "SECURITY" vehicle popcycle groups.

The "FACTORY" ped groups lists these peds:

• M_M_Factory_01
  • M_M_PIndus_01
  • M_M_Trucker_01
  • M_O_Janitor
  • M_Y_PIndus_01
  • M_Y_PIndus_02
  • M_Y_PIndus_03

while the "SECURITY" ped group lists these peds:

• M_M_ARMOURED
  • M_M_SecurityMan

Meanwhile the popcycle for all regions does not ever spawn the "SECURITY" group (always at 0%) and some regions do spawn the "FACTORY" group (obviously). That's why random peds are driving it.

So, by deleting the Securicar ("stockade") from the "FACTORY" group, and setting the popcycle percentage for "SECURITY" higher than 0 it will let them spawn them correctly. Terrible pic but probably gets the point:

12210_20210213164959_1.png

Unfortunately it's not possible to specify a ped per vehicle like how you can in GTA V, so this is the only way besides scripting to make them spawn correctly. It also doesn't prevent the truck from being driven by completely random peds if it were to spawn outside of its designated zone (you can mitigate that by also adding it to "ONLY_IN_NATIVE_ZONE" car group, but it's not perfect and it can still sometimes spawn with random peds). Also, the peds themselves can spawn walking on the streets, since there's no way to tell the game to not spawn the peds.

Spoiler

12210_20210213162930_1.png

There's no perfect way to do this using native files, which is probably why Rockstar "removed" them in the first place.

Edited by WildBrick142
typo
  • Like 9
On 2/17/2021 at 4:44 PM, Lukakion said:

I am working on a beta radar but i don't know how to make the health bars to look like in sa. Can someone tell me how to do that?

proof

• Like 2
  • Bruh 1

I had a random thought yesterday lol, we all know that the Roman´s wedding in the Deal ending was supposed to have Kate in the cutscene but was discarded and they just placed her under the map, but the mocap was completely done, we have known that for years, but if she was supposed to be there... where are the original dialogues? Because in the Deal ending the actual dialogues Kate refuses to go to the wedding because she´s mad on Niko because of choosing the money, but if that was completely recorded, there should have existed original audios as well? They removed them? They hasn´t been found yet? I couldn´t find anything about "original" audios, just the actual ones and the cutscene with her under the map.

As some interesting stuff, the deal ending is named as "fin_1ax.cut", being the "x" as "a" for the wedding death scene (Roman) and "b" for the revenge scene (Dimitri Rascalov), the same happens for "fin_1bx.cut", "a" for the wedding death scene (Kate) and "b" for the revenge scene (Jimmy Pegorino), is commonly considered the Revenge ending (Kate death) as the canon ending, but what if they initially thought just one ending that would have been Roman´s death?, is the finale called as "fin_1ax.cut", like being the first one and the second one being the Revenge ending as "fin_1bx.cut", like done after the first one, and that´s why they could have changed the first one and remove Kate from the wedding to make it fit with the second possible ending with her death instead of Roman when she goes to the wedding. Let me know what do you think about this...

lIlYLgV.png

Edited by rml_gta
  • Like 7

I looked at the game files for the radar blips and there's plenty of unused icons, some of them might not be actually unused. Apparently just like San Andreas public service stations (hospitals, police and fire stations) originally were meant to be marked in the map.

Edited by Panzermann11
  • Like 5
44 minutes ago, Panzermann11 said:

I looked at the game files for the radar blips and there's plenty of unused icons, some of them might not be actually unused. Apparently just like San Andreas public service stations (hospitals, police and fire stations) originally were meant to be marked in the map.

Yeah, the boats icon was for the cut ferry from the game, the ferry terminal is still there and NPC´s spawning inside, like people waiting for the ferry and security guards to keep order there, but the ferry itself was scrapped, the unique "leftover" we have is the reveal trailer where you can see it, but they completely removed it from the files, I copied the video with a timestamp on the exact minute:

Badger Goodger made a fantastic video about that, maybe they scrapped it because it was so glitchy as Badger experienced when trying to put a boat inside the ferry terminal:

• Like 6
NerdGamingOP

https://imgur.com/gallery/zzjlg11

there was a Unused Military Model for GTA IV This Model name m_m_gunnut_01

4 minutes ago, NerdGamingOP said:

https://imgur.com/gallery/zzjlg11

there was a Unused Military Model for GTA IV

This Model is can be Found a TBoGT Trailer only Weazel News Special Report 

Skip that to see a Army Model Look (1:08)

Edited by NerdGamingOP
10 hours ago, Panzermann11 said:

labgfMA.png

I think this shows up when you fly a heli under a bridge to mark which bridges you haven't yet flown under (for the "Under The Radar" achievement).

10 hours ago, Panzermann11 said:

yeah, and those technically still work.

just some are unfinished.

like the fire station ones even show on the pause menu map, while the hospital and police station ones don´t show on the pause menu map and only on the radar.

but they still have correct positions.

I3fokFj.jpg

5 hours ago, thehambone said:

labgfMA.png

I think this shows up when you fly a heli under a bridge to mark which bridges you haven't yet flown under (for the "Under The Radar" achievement).

I see now. I'm playing a version of GTA 4 without achievements.

6 hours ago, rollschuh2282 said:

yeah, and those technically still work.

just some are unfinished.

like the fire station ones even show on the pause menu map, while the hospital and police station ones don´t show on the pause menu map and only on the radar.

but they still have correct positions.

I3fokFj.jpg

How did you enable them?

21 minutes ago, Panzermann11 said:

How did you enable them?

in the TLAD debug scripts is a widget that lets you enable any kind of blip on the map.

like when doing a activity with a friend or something.

like you can show all the bars for example too.

• Like 4
On 2/21/2021 at 11:13 AM, rollschuh2282 said:

in the TLAD debug scripts is a widget that lets you enable any kind of blip on the map.

like when doing a activity with a friend or something.

like you can show all the bars for example too.

That's cool! Hope there's a script making hospitals, fire, police and train stations appear on the radio because these places can be good in certain situations. (Hospitals to easily find medkits, police stations to easily find police cars for missions like Crime and Punishment, etc.)

Edited by Panzermann11
  • Like 4
On 10/17/2017 at 1:16 PM, Rented said:

So as I've mentioned before it was an issue with flags

Zn7ijZF.png

more: https://imgur.com/a/SYbvG

On 9/18/2017 at 5:41 PM, Rented said:

Thought I would post it here as well, but I've spent a few hours figuring out GTA IV Interiors

eKCEtB9.png

It's been four years bro are you ever going to release this? 🙏

• Like 7