4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

2. Support

1. Court House
    3. Suggestions

Grand Theft Auto IV Beta Hunt

henry_™

On 4/29/2020 at 1:03 PM, BrynnaDaRosa said:

Without a source, I'm pretty sure that's fake. Would love a source, though. But I don't think it exists.

It's the exact same pose as NB's official artwork, and the artist isn't even trying the slightest to emulate CW's artstyle. It's 110% fake, mate.

Edited by DownInTheHole
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi, im kinda new to forum things so i apologise if this has been said. Have you ever noticed that the Glock model and the PSG1 model were taken from Manhunt? The Manhunt glock has the front sight the same as the rear sight, same in GTA IV. The PSG1 looks exactly the same, notice the missing trigger. Fun fact: the cut revolver looks like its also taken from Manhunt. These models are polished a lil bit to look fresh.  I am also curious if someone made a mod for the cut MP5A3(sth else, niko holds it in one hand in that screenshot, like a pistol or uzi). Thx 

On 4/27/2020 at 9:38 PM, DOUGL4S1 said:

Judging by that character being fully voiced, safe to say bikes were cut quite late into development.

A reason why they may not have been implemented is due to AIs. Motorcycle AIs tend to follow car lanes, apparently because New York has some anti-lane-splitting laws. Having bikes would mean they would either follow cars (which would kinda defeat their point) or they would need to program some more complex AI to avoid cars, pedestrians, street furniture, etc, while still keeping the game optimized and all.

Or maybe they didn't want to implement bicycles just for some world detail, and couldn't find a way to properly implement them during a mission.

they did it well in San Andreas

1 hour ago, m3ssO said:

they did it well in San Andreas

San Andreas is a much different location with a very different level of detail than Liberty City, and even then it wasn't very realistic. I don't really think you can compare those two.

Think they had more to worry about than bicycles. If they made another liberty city, I bet they would include them. There are handling files for the Fighter and Dodo though.  The only R* games to have bicycles were SA, VCS, and Bully. 

Bicycles would have fit GTAIV nicely, its a nice middle ground between walking and driving. Seeing parked bikes in apts backyards, alleys or outside of stores, or even with delivery guy riding them (like the afro guy whos always driving the Sanchez).

I could totally see Niko riding a Fixter in algoquin when relaxing

Edited by gunziness
  • Like 2
  • 2 weeks later...
On 7/4/2020 at 3:22 AM, DownInTheHole said:

It's the exact same pose as NB's official artwork, and the artist isn't even trying the slightest to emulate CW's artstyle. It's 110% fake, mate.

Oh yeah, no, I was certain. I was just being nice, lmfao

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
7 hours ago, CleytonGames said:

Sorry the spam.

https://gta.nick7.com/beta/

gta4-screengrab-17.jpg

gta4-screengrab-18.jpg

The readme file in there directs to some Flickr albums with much more pictures

https://www.flickr.com/photos/thesoos/albums/72157623464323732

https://www.flickr.com/photos/thesoos/albums/72157623452202468

Edited by sebbellic01
  • Like 6

Not sure if it's been mentioned before. But in TBOGT mission Bang Bang you're tasked with destroying the crane on Frankfort Avenue. However everything actually suggests Luis was supposed to destroy the crane outside the ULP office on Columbus Avenue instead. Both the union official in Practice Swing and the Weazle News reports after Bang Bang specifically spell it out in black and white.

• 3 months later...

I did some research regarding the shotguns. The first big thing that irked me is the Combat Shotgun, which is a complete f*ck up on Rockstar's part. The gun has unfitting animations (where Niko pumps the gun) and an inaccurate icon.

CombatShotgunIcon_28GTA_IV29.png

latest.png

The animation however fits a SPAS-12 just fine, we saw SPAS-12 on artworks too. Next thing to take into account is the names of the shotguns in the files - Pump Shotgun is called "w_shotgun" or "SHOTGUN", whereas the Combat Shotgun is called "w_pumpshot" or "BARETTA" in the files. On the in-game TV we can also see this shotgun being used:

unknown.png

This shotgun's appearance matches the icon a lot more, plus it's being pumped. My conclusion is as follows:
-Originally the Pump Shotgun used the same icon as the final Combat Shotgun, and the beta model seen on TV.

-The Combat Shotgun was originally a SPAS-12 like in the 3D era GTA's and GTA Online.

EDIT: Thanks to a user on the IV modding Discord, I found this Combat Shotgun beta render in the official art guide!

SSW8JiV.jpg

Edited by Jeansowaty

I know it's probably years years years too late to do anything, but it'd be cool to noclip and see the Dragon Heart Plaza from "This sh*t's Cursed" and see if it extends beyond if it was any different from it's literation in TBOGT. But sadly I don't think that's possible unless you look at it on an original 360 when TLAD was mere downloadable content, and not lumped in with EFLC and it's shared map models. Or is Dragon Heart Plaza in TLAD itself different from TBOGT and they don't share the same map? Idk I'm prob rambling at this point

• Like 1
7 hours ago, universetwisters said:

I know it's probably years years years too late to do anything, but it'd be cool to noclip and see the Dragon Heart Plaza from "This sh*t's Cursed" and see if it extends beyond if it was any different from it's literation in TBOGT. But sadly I don't think that's possible unless you look at it on an original 360 when TLAD was mere downloadable content, and not lumped in with EFLC and it's shared map models. Or is Dragon Heart Plaza in TLAD itself different from TBOGT and they don't share the same map? Idk I'm prob rambling at this point

it´s just that 1 room.

TLAD and TBOGT maps are still seperate on PC.

and it´s just 1 room.

there is nothing beyond that

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/28/2016 at 9:31 PM, Spy Fox said:

Some evidence that the blackmailer would try to escape with a car in "Call and Collect".

CvXWoce.jpg

In the script file for the mission you can still find code relating to this cut objective. It could probably be reactivated if one wanted.

5QAqMJR.png

2 hours ago, Spy Fox said:

In the script file for the mission you can still find code relating to this cut objective. It could probably be reactivated if one wanted.

5QAqMJR.png

This probably explains why there's an unlocked Faction and an unlocked Uranus scripted to spawn by the road in this mission.

Edited by HOW'S ANNIE?

@Lukakion Looks cool, especially with the two zipper one, but would be great If you recreate this jacket aswell. Looks the familiarly same as the second one but with the same looking colors as the first jacket:

Edit: Weird, It was fine before, now suddenly the image disappeared for no reason. Well I reuploaded it again, so It should be good now, I hope:

gta_iv_conceptart_YqfVG.jpg

Edited by Reizov
3 hours ago, Reizov said:

@Lukakion Looks cool, especially with the two zipper one, but would be great If you recreate this jacket aswell. Looks the familiarly same as the second one but with the same looking colors as the first jacket:

hpTJ0O737NQWXmVxEUvqRozF8mPKl0Vm1SPq61jN

I cannot open the image

Hmm, I've never liked that Combat Shotgun. This is probably why. I wonder why they didn't add a normal, old-fashioned shotgun to the game.

Edited by Americana